Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that got tense between RyuZU and Marie.
At least it didn't go out of control.

I'm slightly surprised how calm Naoto is during all of this. I think both sides could make a decent team if they work together. Action was okay I guess but I can't feel too invested into the main story. Poor RyuZU, she overextended herself this episode. Ending was really cringeworthy tbh.

Stark700Apr 20, 2017 12:26 PM
Apr 20, 2017 11:12 AM

Apr 2010
The brat proved to be annoying ones again but at least this episode was heading somewhere.
Till the proposal at which point things become pretty pointless.
As such i am still doubtful wether i should keep watching this or not.
Apr 20, 2017 12:44 PM

Aug 2013
I'm not sure if it's the production company who is animating this or just the writer of the source but I feel like this show is horribly inconsistent with the story elements. There's supposed to be some ongoing plot but there's so much RomCom moments that it feels like you can't even take this show seriously. I'm like teetering on whether to drop this or just see how bad it can go.

I mean how do you go from a massive battle to a weird romantic scene? I knew it, RyuZu's sass is the only thing carrying this series.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 20, 2017 12:55 PM

Jun 2015
There was some tension between RyuZU and Marie. Naoto only agreed to help so he can see RyuZU's sister. The ending was very cringy and stupid. He's annoying.
Apr 20, 2017 1:03 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode, think I liked this one the most out of the first three.

So all these automata built by Y are considered sisters and I assume the one RyuZu refers too is the black haired Loli we see in the OP. That Naoto change of heart though. XD

I loved RyuZu's transformation and imaginary time ability. I'm gonna have to agree with Naoto, how can anyone not like RyuZu after seeing that transformation? xD
The little romance between Naoto and RyuZu at the end was kinda nice.

There are quite a bit of tonal shifts in this series though, well I don't really mind it so no problem i guess.
Apr 20, 2017 1:06 PM

Jul 2015
What a cringe fest. I still can't believe I haven't dropped this shit already
ArgonnantApr 20, 2017 1:33 PM

Apr 20, 2017 1:06 PM

Dec 2014
Is this aiming to become a comedy anime? Because most of the time they are screwing around with cringy jokes, with some battles added in here and there.
Apr 20, 2017 1:35 PM

Jan 2016
This episode was the breaking point. Specifically when that last bit was devoted to possibly the most contrived romance subplot ever. If it focused on action with the main character being a bit of a perv, I could take that, but it brought the plot to a screeching halt, which is basically the point where I decided this show is not worth it.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Apr 20, 2017 1:41 PM

Sep 2013
People complaining about rom-com XD babies first anime.

RyuZu humbling marie and naoto with the earing skills and confession :(
Imaginary time.
Apr 20, 2017 1:47 PM

Nov 2016
MaskOfIce said:
This episode was the breaking point. Specifically when that last bit was devoted to possibly the most contrived romance subplot ever. If it focused on action with the main character being a bit of a perv, I could take that, but it brought the plot to a screeching halt, which is basically the point where I decided this show is not worth it.

Yeah the confession felt really out of place. This series is average at best, but this sudden development is almost too much to bear.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2017 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know why, but I really like this anime. It fells like a series from first half of 00s and I'm really, really glad of it, nostalgic as f*ck. Even character design looks older (which is a huge advantage for me) and beautiful imo. Definitely one of my favs of this season.
And casuals expecting action-driven 'plot' are complaining about rom-com elements, how typical.
rsc-plApr 20, 2017 2:41 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 20, 2017 3:16 PM
May 2016
That kid's living the dream! THE DREAM!!! That moment at the end was my favorite part of the episode. I liked the plot parts as well, but animation is pretty awful, which makes it a little harder to get into it
Apr 20, 2017 3:19 PM

Dec 2016
That was a very tense situation at the start, luckily things didn't get out of hand and they managed to work it out.

Naoto has made himself very useful with that hearing ability of his.

Marie is a pretty good fighter herself.

Wow that scene with RyuZU transforming was pretty cool.

Lol that proposal out of nowhere was funny. Good thing Marie pointed out that they should be getting a move on, they are only trying to save an entire city and all it's people.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 20, 2017 3:34 PM

Aug 2013
I love it when RyuZU trash talks with a smile.

They talked a bit of special relativity which surprised me. Wasn't expecting that. It was good to know that RyuZU actually has feelings and emotions.

Overall, it was average. Got a bit of action. I'm hope the next episode will about stopping the purge and fixing the problem.
LeoApr 20, 2017 3:37 PM

Apr 20, 2017 3:53 PM

Feb 2016
this is beyond ludicrous to this point. pointless romcom within MC and RyuZU, that was a Cringefest.

The pace went retarded now, it has a decent pace on the first 2 episodes

all I saw was MC being annoying around saying cringe lines, Bots doing the hard work, and the princess showing of as they move, (seriously, the MC had a extreme change from how it was presented at first)

this show has completely lost me
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 20, 2017 4:25 PM

May 2016
I don't know how people can watch this for the action considering the fight scenes are dreadful, with barely any animation or choregraphy, this might as well just be a rom-com.
Apr 20, 2017 4:27 PM

Jul 2012
That was cool how RyuZU split the car in half and saved everyone.
Apr 20, 2017 4:27 PM
Feb 2017
I'm tilted that they spelled Lorentz Transformations as "Lawrence"
Apr 20, 2017 4:40 PM

Feb 2016
-Abyss_Walker- said:
I don't know how people can watch this for the action considering the fight scenes are dreadful, with barely any animation or choregraphy, this might as well just be a rom-com.

there was action on it? what I saw was the MC screaming around overreacting a lot that made difficult to notice any action
~Blackwall
Apr 20, 2017 5:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
At this point I think I'm only watching this for RyuZu
Apr 20, 2017 5:17 PM
Oct 2012
Zantius said:
I'm not sure if it's the production company who is animating this or just the writer of the source but I feel like this show is horribly inconsistent with the story elements. There's supposed to be some ongoing plot but there's so much RomCom moments that it feels like you can't even take this show seriously. I'm like teetering on whether to drop this or just see how bad it can go.

Production company, the novel carries off the balance between the two a whole lot better. It actually has some wit to it:
Fun line from RyuZU: “–Despite you being poor, small, short, a capitalist struggling in poverty, and a martyr for democracy, if you cannot maintain a basic level of class, Master, I as your servant will have my standards doubted.”

Not saying that the original was great or anything, but this adaption has all the trademark of what Kuroneko said in OreImo "so you didn't understand the work and wanted to turn it into something your familiar with".
Apr 20, 2017 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Zantius said:

Production company, the novel carries off the balance between the two a whole lot better. It actually has some wit to it:
Fun line from RyuZU: “–Despite you being poor, small, short, a capitalist struggling in poverty, and a martyr for democracy, if you cannot maintain a basic level of class, Master, I as your servant will have my standards doubted.”

Not saying that the original was great or anything, but this adaption has all the trademark of what Kuroneko said in OreImo "so you didn't understand the work and wanted to turn it into something your familiar with".

That reference you made there is so accurate that I feel like it could be applied in so many different anime discussion threads.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 20, 2017 6:18 PM

Sep 2011
I dont understand the last scene. It appeared as though there was some deeper meaning to it since he took off his headphones and the gears made sound, but we got nothing more than romcom. I was expecting that Ryuzu had damaged her neck (since she was looking away from the group and wasn't turning to face them) and the kid was doing some kind of skit to fix her. This series, at least the adaptation of it, is pretty subpar and has an endless pit of issues, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it while I was watching it.
Apr 20, 2017 6:20 PM

Nov 2008
liked the episode, laughed at the proposal part and when naoto was geeking out over RyuZu.

Apr 20, 2017 6:33 PM

Jun 2014
Idk if I might have missed something, I was kind of tired while watching this episode, but what was the point of that ending scene? Aren't they trying to prevent a whole bunch of people from getting killed, what's the point of stopping all of that for some ridiculous proposal?
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 20, 2017 8:20 PM

Jan 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
Idk if I might have missed something, I was kind of tired while watching this episode, but what was the point of that ending scene? Aren't they trying to prevent a whole bunch of people from getting killed, what's the point of stopping all of that for some ridiculous proposal?

I thought exactly the same thing. Lots of lives are about to be taken away by the army and they're just there joking and confessing to each other. I mean...

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Apr 20, 2017 8:23 PM

Sep 2015
Lol robotic children incoming
Apr 20, 2017 8:55 PM

Jan 2015
RyuZU's using the same-looking weapon that stabbed her in the OP against miss princess.
Nice Naoto, your words of "Playing Politic" totally triggered Marie. >_<
Never thought Halter is a cyborg before. More like Super-bodyguard or something like that.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 20, 2017 8:57 PM

Apr 2017
I can tell this won't be that great and I'll probably forget after. However, until it pisses me off, I guess I'll keep watching.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Apr 20, 2017 8:58 PM

Oct 2013
Yorha Unit Y1 fights Metal Gear Rex MK.II

Seriously, those Automata were Metal Gears. Is this anime made by a collaboration of Kojima x Yoko Taro?!

Laughted a lot with this, Naoto is really funny...Or maybe I'm just another Robot Fetichist who has a thing for Machines and Waifubots.

That love declaration was funny, I laughted the whole scene.

So RyuZu is actually in love with Naoto. And Naoto wants to marry her.
_____

RyuZu is the weakest of the Y Automata?!
wew... Guess it's gonna be one of those "Sorting Algorithm of Evil" Anime
Apr 20, 2017 11:10 PM

Jan 2015
If it wasn't for Halter, I would have already dropped this shit show from the get-go.
Apr 20, 2017 11:58 PM

Jul 2014
Ha, I liked this episode, how surprising!

RyuZU is still the best and I found the last scene very funny.

Apr 21, 2017 12:15 AM
Apr 2017
thebrentinator24 said:

It is Marie that wanted to stop the purge. Naoto merely follow along to see Anchor. Altruistically speaking there is no point in the proposal but Naoto only cares about automata.
Apr 21, 2017 12:18 AM
May 2016
I like how this anime is going so far. It seems like most people don't know if they like it or not, but for me everything kinda just seems fun. I can laugh at the jokes(even the cringe ones), and smile at the heart to heart moment(even if they are cheesy). The point I want to make is that it's enjoyable if you want it to be, and sure some stuff isn't perfect but alt least we got to see Ryuzu in her knew outfit! <3
Apr 21, 2017 12:19 AM

Aug 2011
So many people dissing this episode. I tell you. You guys obviously shouldn't watch anime made from light novels. It was a great episode. It didn't completely keep to the novel but everything happen still as they should.

Probably the haters would like it more it they actually read the light novel or even the manga. Though I doubt it.
Apr 21, 2017 5:49 AM

Dec 2014
Can't you propose after you've saved the district? You'd waste less time that way.
Anyways it seems like blue hair with his bat hearing and raging clock will solve everything just using them as a Deus ex to fix everything.
Apr 21, 2017 6:05 AM

Jan 2011
so meeting Imouto worth more than save 20 billion life ?

this anime lack of seriousness, well at least still funny to watch
Apr 21, 2017 7:00 AM

Feb 2016
hayka said:
So many people dissing this episode. I tell you. You guys obviously shouldn't watch anime made from light novels. It was a great episode. It didn't completely keep to the novel but everything happen still as they should.

Probably the haters would like it more it they actually read the light novel or even the manga. Though I doubt it.

there are anime made from Light novels Done better than this, is no the fact that we shouldn't but the fact that this anime is inconsistent with many things
~Blackwall
Apr 21, 2017 7:04 AM

Aug 2016
"You think this is time for a romantic comedy?!"

Sums up the end of the episode. Transformation and imaginary time were pretty cool. I like Marie quite a bit. Only realized now that Halter is a cyborg o_0

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Apr 21, 2017 7:17 AM

Oct 2014
dark-chaos said:
so meeting Imouto worth more than save 20 billion life ?

this anime lack of seriousness, well at least still funny to watch

20 million, not billion, but yeah.

A lot of cringe-worthy things this episode.

The worst thing about this series is NAOTO, a completely retarded, unrealistic and egoist MC.

The second worst thing is Marie. Seriously, is not okay to kill or to shoot in the legs of that corrupt bureaucrat who is going to let 20 million people die because a political agenda, but is okay to talk about killing a stupid boy just a few meters away from his super powerful and advanced android servant?!!

Just 3 episodes and this series is becoming more and more stupid and unrealistic.
Apr 21, 2017 7:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Mari finally meets Nauto and Ryu then eh
lol Mari is annoyed that she has to deal with Nauto lol
lol Nauto didn't awaken Ryu for money in the first place
Plus i think he doesn't like the fact that Marie is referring to Ryu as a object and not a person. Wow Ryu moved pretty fast when she determined that there was a threat to Nauto. Lol Ryu is pretty loyal to Nauto though despite her personality quirks.
Sometime's Marie's rash words and aggressive nature can be a bad thing at times.
Hmm so the reason why Ryu was awakened now of all times is because she's the guardian of the planet eh. Well thats what Marie thinks but thats far from the truth lol.

Lol Ryu's reason for existing as she explains to Marie was hillarious. As was Nauto's expression. Its a good thing that Nauto is able to sense vibrations before they happen though. Man the gravity anomalies are causing a lot of damage to the city.
Now its Marie's turn at being amazed at Naoto lol.
Compared to fixing Ryu i guess locating the source of the anomaly is second nature to him. Its nice that Naoto's personality is more on the modest and honest side of things though. Hmm Naoto has a point there. Surrounded by enemies on all sides Marie should try to flee instead of trying to fix the problem. But with her personality and conviction doing that will be unlike her at all. But not giving up is also part of her charm and personality and this is what defines her. Nauto and Marie can be considered to be polar opposites of each other really. Lol Ryu really knows how to motivate Nauto doesn't she.
Hmm so Ryu has a younger sister eh. Hmm Nauto's ability extends to detecting active automatons that are hiding from them as well eh. Interesting. And it seems that the villains want to capture Marie instead of kill her too it seems. Well portions of the guild are already working with the military to destroy this city so i think at this point maintaining the balance is pointless. We can always come back later to deal with the traitors in the guild after we save the city. Lol Nauto's line of thinking is solid and logical though. Deal with your objectives first before worrying about anything else.

Lol its nice that Marie is readily admitting that she is still a child after all
With Nauto's ability to sense enemies and Ryu and Haltier acting as the muscle and Marie in support they should be able to deal with anything that comes their way.
Lol Nauto is just interested in anything thats mechanical eh
Lol the byplay between Nauto and Ryu is hillarious
Hmm Nauto's ability even see's through camouflage too eh handy
Lol taking advantage of the voice link to get the villain to confess his crimes now thats a great move there. In a way being dead is a good thing as it removes that binds that comes with Marie's position though. Wow a sniper round that literally cut the car in half good thing Ryu spotted it early though

My thats quite the welcome party the military has laid out for them
They really want to stop them from stopping their little genocide eh
Hmm given how Ryu is so protective of her master the fact that the defense squad tried to kill him there will ensure that she is angry enough to want to tear them limb from limb. Though against such numbers i worry about her though. So Ryu is the weakest one among her sisters eh. If she's the weakest one i wonder how strong her strongest sisters are. Ryu's transformed state reminds me of Emilia from Re Zero due to her outfit though.
Wow so her transformed state uses time as a weapon eh. Pretty impressive.
And now they are finally at the core tower. So her ability allows her to move faster than anything that she faces on the field and allowing them all while they are in slo mo but at the cost of being out of action for four hours. The ultimate ability eh. To fight in a timeline that only she can see and be in eh.
Lol Marie's reaction as Nauto explained to her just exactly how he fixed Ryu was hillarious. Lol a marriage proposal that came out of nowhere.
Hmm so Ryu likes Nauto on her own free will eh and not forced to because of her programming Hmm despite her free will Ryu is still conscious of her standing as a automaton eh. Hmm an interesting way of seeing where Ryu's true feelings lie though.
Lol a romance comedy that takes place 5 hours before the end.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2017 9:43 AM

May 2009
BigGilis said:
The worst thing about this series is NAOTO, a completely retarded, unrealistic and egoist MC.

Eh? What's wrong with that?
Apr 21, 2017 10:22 AM
Sep 2016
Wtf was that in the end lol
It was really enjoyable overall :)
Apr 21, 2017 10:39 AM
Aug 2011
Hmmm I guess that part when Naoto ask to marry RyuZU they should've put more effort in showing that Mary and Halter was afraid of her as a powerful weapon and she was concerned that Naoto was feeling the same way...
Apr 21, 2017 10:46 AM

Oct 2013
This anime is actually the worst of the season for me, terrible characters, stupid story, lack of sense and logic, shameful comedy....

It become worst and worst after every episode, some bad series have at least a decent character design, but here that's just ugly and old fashioned.
Apr 21, 2017 10:49 AM

Oct 2014
Djidji said:
BigGilis said:

Eh? What's wrong with that?

Yeah, i can see your point. After all, Naoto IS a kid MC acting just like a kid who got an awesome gift who fell on his house.

Still, that refusal to lend RyuZu to save 20 million lives hurted, specially considerating he has superhuman hearing and he knew there was something very wrong happening just bellow the city... the same city where he, RyuZu and everyone from his school lives.

And how the heck he has such super-hearing anyway? If he can hear perfectly such long distance and low sounds, that would not mean any normal sound would be so loud for him so he could die or become crazy?

I think i'm just tired of gifted kid protagonists. Need more animes with adult protagonists.
Apr 21, 2017 12:10 PM

May 2016
RyuZU is fucking OP man. Her second form was insane. Can't wait to see her sister
Apr 21, 2017 12:43 PM

Apr 2016
Jack_Corvus96 said:
hayka said:

there are anime made from Light novels Done better than this, is no the fact that we shouldn't but the fact that this anime is inconsistent with many things

Agreed, to me this anime is also a little boring but I don't like dropping things if it's not because I really dislike it or hate it so, I think I'm gonna watch it anyway and see at the end if it was worth it

❝ They went looking for the gods,
and died in lonely places ❞
Apr 21, 2017 1:08 PM

Aug 2011
[quote=Shingster message=50437209]Hmm so Mari finally meets Nauto and Ryu then eh
lol Mari is annoyed that she has to deal with Nauto lol
lol Nauto didn't awaken Ryu for money in the first place
Plus i think he doesn't like the fact that Marie is referring to Ryu as a object and not a person. Wow Ryu moved pretty fast when she determined that there was a threat to Nauto. Lol Ryu is pretty loyal to Nauto though despite her personality quirks.
Sometime's Marie's rash words and aggressive nature can be a bad thing at times.
Hmm so the reason why Ryu was awakened now of all times is because she's the guardian of the planet eh. Well thats what Marie thinks but thats far from the truth lol.
[/qoute]

I like your response. Sounds like you a better understand of this series than a lot of the guys here.
Apr 21, 2017 1:11 PM

Aug 2011
From I read the first volume of th LN knew it would get an anime. It was just a matter of when. Now I'm sure that the LN will get licensed. It's just a matter of time
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

42 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.