Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 22, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, I felt the finale was just...predictable and too straightforward.

Yes, they had the final battle and Anchor trying to make everything right all on her own. I mean, she tries but it's obvious that she's in pain. Well, mostly everyone survived the struggle..although I feel the story felt rushed even to this episode.

Disappointing show tbh.
Jun 22, 2017 11:27 AM

Apr 2010
Well No Game No Life was much better than that.
The characters where not likeable and the main was annoying the story made sense but i didn't think it was anything outstanding.
The setting was original tho and it was interesting to watch that but overall things could have been better.
Jun 22, 2017 12:52 PM

Jun 2015
This was a decent finale. Just like Naoto said, Anchor did her best. RyuZu came just in time to save her. The old guy was a bad villain. After their finale battle, a big fleet is pursuing them since they're criminals now. This was a disappointing show overall.
Jun 22, 2017 1:02 PM

Dec 2014
Well, it's over. Pretty mediocre finale.

Overall, this was the weakest show of this season to me. The setting was unique and interesting at first but almost everything else in the show falls flat which makes the unique setting feel like wasted potential. The characters, the plot and it's progression all felt really mediocre, pretty much nothing in this show save for the original intrigue of the setting could even remotely hold my interest. Really disappointing, considering that I was actually looking forward to this show at the start of this season since I heard the author of NGNL worked on this, NGNL is far far more entertaining than this show. The name 'Clockwork Planet' and the synopsis make this show sound so much more cooler than it actually is, that is just sad. If anything, RyuZu was probably the only saving grace in this show.

4/10
Jun 22, 2017 1:32 PM

Feb 2015
An end to arguably the worst show of the season. God that hurt to watch.
Easy 1/10
Jun 22, 2017 1:38 PM
Jun 2016
I liked the show partly, the issue is that it kinda lacks alot of explanations, don't get the motivations of the various villians, but I like the world and found it neat.
Jun 22, 2017 1:46 PM

Sep 2013
AnchoR breaks alot of the electrical towers but gets shot but RyuZu saves her.
The old guy's speech about humans is ironic cause naoto keeps failing and was useless before.
Everyone is safe and now they''ll go around the planet fixing it 8/10
Jun 22, 2017 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
NGNL was 1/10,, but this? 7-8/10. I really enjoyed it, felt very nostalgic. Wouldn't mind seeing second season at all.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 22, 2017 2:04 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The finale was average ..... the show was interesting at the begining but lost something in the middle. Is the novel the same or is different?

Jun 22, 2017 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
AnchoR was trying so hard and did her best. You can tell the amount of pain she was feeling. Glad she survived.

The show had so much potential at first and I was looking forward to it. But in the end everything just fell apart, which is kinda a waste with its interesting setting. It was enjoyable to some degree. An average show.

5/10

Jun 22, 2017 2:19 PM

Jun 2014
I barely cared about, or even paid attention to, whatever happened in this episode. This whole show was shit tbh, nothing made sense (but then again, I gave up on even trying to make sense of what was going on) and the tone of the show was very inconsistent. They're in a serious situation but the very next scene will show them fucking around in a shopping district or something like that. I can't really think of any likable qualities that this show had, aside from Ryuzu being a savage with her remarks. That's, unfortunately, not even close to being enough to salvage this show. 3/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 22, 2017 2:33 PM

Nov 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
I barely cared about, or even paid attention to, whatever happened in this episode. This whole show was shit tbh, nothing made sense (but then again, I gave up on even trying to make sense of what was going on) 3/10.

You took the words right out of my mouth, I gave up making sense of it a couple of episodes ago and I can't believe that I was acutally able to finish it. I basically just wanted to see how low it can get. Without exaggeration easily the worst show I've ever finished, maybe a 1/10 is a little harsh, but in comparison to my 2s this was even worse.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 22, 2017 2:39 PM

Sep 2015
this was definetly one of the worst anime i've seen in a long time. especially the end. it felt like they were really trying to make the show as shitty as possible. bad writing, cheesy dialogues, boring fights, stupid cast with an abysmal mc, forced drama, generic story, bad animation - the show had everything

i should have dropped it after the first episode....

2/10

Jun 22, 2017 2:41 PM

Jan 2017
The finale was actually pretty ok, compared to the middle part of the Anime. However, as others have said before, this show wasn't quite as good as I feel it could have been.

Apart from Halter I couldn't get myself to like any of the characters. Their sudden shifts of mood didn't make sense most of the time, so they felt more like akwardly behaving little children. Not like decent youngsters bringing the world up against themselves to save it. And the villain, omg! why did he even have a grudge against Y in the first place? And why did he see this person in Naoto and Marie?

The best part of the series clearly was the setting. I would have found it interesting to find out more about the creation of this world and more of its secrets.
Jun 22, 2017 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
And that is the end of an interesting series.

It was a bit weird and silly at times but I enjoyed this.

They are taking that role of terrorist very seriously at the end there.
Jun 22, 2017 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
I felt like the show has a pros and cons here... it's not the worst thing I've seen this season, heck, far from the worst of the damn year, but it felt more of a "wasted potential" if anything.

The reason is because the concept and idea is somehow interesting, but because of how it was executed (albeit mediocre at best and bad at worst) it actually feels off. Let's not mention the final few episodes felt like forced drama compared to the other episodes in my opinion, where it actually bugs me to the point of questioning it. The pacing is the other issue here which feels while it doesn't bug me a lot I can see it as well. Unfortunately its the biggest gripe here too.

There are some pros into this thought: I do like some of the characters (to some degree Naoto, RyuZU, Mari and to some degree AnchoR), to some degree I actually have enjoyed the series, the art is mediocre but that's just it... mediocre, animation is standard at best as well but the thing is they're bareable, voice acting is alright and the music is actually pretty good, preferably the OST tracks (I need it so damn much).

In the end, it's far from the worst of the season, but it is definately the most disappointing show of this season, which is a shame because I like No Game No Life, I wasn't expecting a lot though but still, it leaves a lot to be desired but there's some that didn't reached it. Overall a 5/10 from me.
removed-userJun 22, 2017 4:41 PM
Jun 22, 2017 4:49 PM
Feb 2017
Finally, Is Still Alive!
Great Battle
Working on the future things.

Jun 22, 2017 5:37 PM

Apr 2011
Okay ending. Okay series.

There's still two more Initial Y-series automatons according to the light novel. It was entertaining nonetheless.
Jun 22, 2017 5:39 PM

Mar 2014
Hmmm, this ending felt like it's unfinished. They're fighting an army of battleships and then the credits starts ? Uff....
The start of the anime had alot potential and thought a rating of 7/10 would be in the end. The more of continuing TV show goes forward, alot of potential were wasted.

5 / 10
Jun 22, 2017 6:05 PM

Jun 2014
I feel like I was one of the only people who actually liked this show a fair bit TBH.

Granted, it wasn't perfect, considering that the characters weren't the best (aside from the automatons), the story didn't really make a ton of sense looking back on it, the show had seriously horrible tonal shifts, and the animation had its derp moments. But still, there was a good chunk that I found myself really enjoying in this show, so I'm happy I was able to watch it.

I liked how the plot wrapped itself up the best it could, though the Y stuff never meshed well unless reincarnation is a possibility. The conflict also resolved in a way that I saw coming but not fully, and I'm happy RyuZU was able to save AnchoR before the latter died. I was waiting for that to happen after she got shot. :P

Interesting to see the pleasure doll also continue on the gang's adventures, though I did end up liking her a fair bit, so I guess that'a fair. Halter being back in his original body and "Asking a child whether they prefer mom or dad is the textbook definition of bad parenting," were great too. Man, I'm going to miss parts of this show's humor.

Time to dive back into the Broadcast Dub to make sure I review what I missed so that I can fully process this (along with going back to the Japanese)! In the meantime though, this was a good show and RyuZU will forever be a savage beast. 7.5/10
Jun 22, 2017 8:57 PM
Jul 2012
I liked the show, I just felt like the animation being subpar and things felt a bit too rushed sometimes, what is sad because this show had a lot of potential. 7/10 imo.
Jun 22, 2017 10:28 PM

Jul 2012
I watched this mainly for RyuZU, I really liked her.

As for the last episode I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more of RyuZU, it seemed like she didn't have enough screen time in the finale.

I liked AnchoR's white super form, I thought she looked way better like that than her normal form or her dark super form.
Jun 22, 2017 10:35 PM

Nov 2016
as long as AnchoR made it couldnt care less how it ended
Jun 23, 2017 12:35 AM

Jan 2015
I knew Ryuzu won't let Anchor to die that easily. And finally Anchor getting hugged from Marie with so much passion.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 23, 2017 3:33 AM

Mar 2009
Cool and unique setting ruined by poor writing and bland characters.
Jun 23, 2017 3:45 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty good finale. Overall, show was a solid 2/10.
Jun 23, 2017 3:45 AM
Dec 2016
pretty average ending..nothing special..not bad episode but the series was totally decent...there was nothing int he whole series which i can say was extra
Jun 23, 2017 5:16 AM

Jan 2017
i couldnt really tell if this was the finale, 'cause it didn't really suggest anything of the sort.
then the ending they used was pretty generic

[set scene -raining]
have a goodbye convo
board their getaway boat (a yacht; no less)
_cutscene_
out at the sunny sea, aboard that yacht
"oh no"
[create heroic scene]
cue battleships
"let's take over a battleship"

-the end

but in that episode, i honestly felt like i was watching a dance off between to people playing 'just dance'
they were in some stage with glowing bodies a were moving randomly
Jun 23, 2017 7:27 AM

May 2015
Glad that this is over. Disappointing on so many levels from the get-go.

5/10.

Jun 23, 2017 7:38 AM

Nov 2013
Symphyon said:

There are some pros into this thought: I do like some of the characters (to some degree Naoto, RyuZU, Mari and to some degree AnchoR), to some degree I actually have enjoyed the series, the art is mediocre but that's just it... mediocre, animation is standard at best as well but the thing is they're bareable, voice acting is alright and the music is actually pretty good, preferably the OST tracks (I need it so damn much).

you forgot to say "to some degree", you could have said it like 5 more times in this sentence lol

anyway. just like everyone else, i like the setting, i gave it a 10 on the 1st 3 episodes, but after that it started to go down a lot, and while i enjoy some of the interactions, i'm still disappointed on this ... 6/10
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 23, 2017 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
winddevil1 said:
Symphyon said:

you forgot to say "to some degree", you could have said it like 5 more times in this sentence lol

anyway. just like everyone else, i like the setting, i gave it a 10 on the 1st 3 episodes, but after that it started to go down a lot, and while i enjoy some of the interactions, i'm still disappointed on this ... 6/10

I have this habit of repeating my words so sorry Lol. x.x I need to stop that.
Jun 23, 2017 10:44 AM

Feb 2015
Alright, so in the end, the series was bad after all. It could've been much worse, but the final episode was ultimately redeeming. There was so much wrong with this series between the horrendous storytelling, the awful character development, the shitty dialogue, I could go on forever. But, to be honest, I can't help but liking it. Yeah, it pissed me off more than I enjoyed it, but something about episode 12 just really changed my overall opinion. Don't get me wrong, Clockwork Planet was still terrible, but it was a good kind of bad, if that makes any sense. I relished in my hatred for the series, and for that I ended up liking it to a minimal extent.

I am moderately curious as to what happens across the planet in their efforts to overhaul it and make it a better place, so to speak, but not so much that I'd care to watch an anime continuation.

I don't normally rant about series online, but I couldn't refrain from sharing my disgust with the anime community.

Side notes/criticisms about episode 12 itself:

• AnchoR is kinda cute without the mind-controlling mask in her imaginary state or whatever it's called (I don't care enough to torture myself by looking back).
  • So if the first EMP practically killed AnchoR and RyuZU, how can AnchoR just go into the giant robot's power room without shutting down? She's being electrocuted all over, certainly that's not good for the gears and circuits...

Ultimate Score: 4/10
Would not recommend.
RailtracksJun 24, 2017 11:52 AM
Jun 23, 2017 10:49 AM

Feb 2015
Reverberate said:
Glad that this is over. Disappointing on so many levels from the get-go.

5/10.

Can I get an amen??
Jun 23, 2017 1:04 PM

Nov 2009
DazzlingAnime1 said:
I feel like I was one of the only people who actually liked this show a fair bit TBH.

You're not alone, I enjoyed it too. If you want a comparison, it is like Triage X. It might not be perfect, but it pushes all the right buttons in me.

Railtracks said:

Should I take it as a recommendation to watch Taboo Tattoo?

Railtracks said:
So if the first EMP practically killed AnchoR and RyuZU, how can AnchoR just go into the giant robot's power room without shutting down? She's being electrocuted all over, certainly that's not good for the gears and circuits...

Novels make it seem that this time she was prepared to face it, by deploying magic.
Jun 23, 2017 1:27 PM

Jun 2014
flannan said:
DazzlingAnime1 said:
I feel like I was one of the only people who actually liked this show a fair bit TBH

You're not alone, I enjoyed it too. If you want a comparison, it is like Triage X. It might not be perfect, but it pushes all the right buttons in me.

I couldn't get into that show (I only watched the first episode), but I would say it was like the DRAMAtical Murder anime adaptation and Wizard Barristers to me. Both weren't well-liked, but I still enjoyed them despite their faults.
Jun 23, 2017 3:35 PM

Feb 2014
Nothing special but RyuZu was great
Jun 23, 2017 4:41 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
AnchoR's transformation scene in mid air though was pretty well done. It was really something watching Nauto and Marie literally create gears in that other dimension though. Hmm it seems that the military really is intent on taking back the facility though. But against this number it's only a matter of time before Halter and gender bender are forced to retreat though. Man anchoR really is going all out to destroy the weapon though. So this is her full transformation mode then eh. I thought she would use her assassin form instead. But to think that the military would shift their tactics to that of total destruction though instead of simply taking back the facility to rescue the princess though. Still really have to admire Marie and Nauto's determination though. Hmm to think that Marie also developed the same line of thinking as Nauto though lol. So Gennai actually thinks that Naoto and Mari are actually Y then eh. To think anchoR would go so far to destroy this weapon though. Seeing her suffer so much pain as she pushes herself ever harder is kinda sad but at the same time i really admire her courage. Damm but Ryu really arrived in the nick of time to save anchoR though. Hmm so anchoR's attack was merely a delaying tactic eh. Glad that it worked but man she was injured pretty heavily. To think that Mari and Nauto managed to actually create all the gears that they needed to repair the pillar though is nothing short of amazing. Nauto's way of cheering up anchoR and help her out of despair are always so surprising. Nice to see Marie finally accept anchoR though. Its nice to see that in the end the cast managed to earn a nice holiday though. Hmm that was one hell of an ending though but at least it was a happy one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2017 5:03 PM

Jun 2012
So why did RyuZu not help Anchor fight the giant robot at the end? Only to wait until the last moment to save her?
God, I'm so glad this is over.
Jun 23, 2017 6:41 PM

Mar 2016
This is the perfect example of an anime that had all the potential in the world...but ended up being just another FLOP of an anime! This anime had a really interesting and unique premise with cool looking characters that seemed like they could turn into dynamic personalities as the show progressed AND maybe that's the problem right there...this anime never progressed not even a little bit throughout the entire 12 episodes! I'm very disappointed with this adaptation and I'm hoping I can just forget about it and move on having said that I have to give this anime 4/10 overall!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 23, 2017 11:00 PM

Nov 2009
Lord_of_Anime said:
This is the perfect example of an anime that had all the potential in the world...but ended up being just another FLOP of an anime! This anime had a really interesting and unique premise with cool looking characters that seemed like they could turn into dynamic personalities as the show progressed AND maybe that's the problem right there...this anime never progressed not even a little bit throughout the entire 12 episodes! I'm very disappointed with this adaptation and I'm hoping I can just forget about it and move on having said that I have to give this anime 4/10 overall!

In my opinion, it used its potential very well.
It had unusual characters that were fun to watch. (no idea what you mean about dynamic personalities)
It had an interesting setting, and it was used to great effect.
Sure, the technology made no sense, but they managed to use even that, with one of the villains being a scientist who is really unhappy about it and wants revenge.
And most importantly, it had clever people as the main characters. Not the usual dumb heroes.

adrian_and_sela said:
So why did RyuZu not help Anchor fight the giant robot at the end? Only to wait until the last moment to save her?
God, I'm so glad this is over.

Because RyuZU wasn't as resistant to electricity? Because RyuZU is not that reckless?
Jun 23, 2017 11:26 PM

Aug 2016
This last episode was okay. I liked seeing AnchoR in despair :3 I liked the concept but the powers of Naoto and Marie were a bit of an asspull tbh. I didn't like the comedy in the show either. I really liked AnchoR's and and RyuZU's character designs especially when they use their gears.

3/10

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 24, 2017 11:57 AM

Feb 2015
flannan said:

Railtracks said:

Should I take it as a recommendation to watch Taboo Tattoo?

If you want to be disappointed by J.C.Staff, be my guest.
Jun 24, 2017 1:18 PM

Jul 2015
Well it wasn't the best anime but it was cool and fun to watch, liked the combination comedy, adventure and serious moments. ill give it 7/10 overall.
Jun 24, 2017 3:26 PM

Apr 2016
Garbage-Show imo. So many bad things.

Flat uninteresting story. I had hoped the story deals more with the creation of the planet or the builders.

Mediocre animations. Mostly boring jokes/dialogue's in a perverse implication. Stupid charakters (they're smart, but they're acting dump).

Especially stupid I find this mecha/human mixing (what's wrong with Naoto???). They also play family. Why? And then Naoto marries RyuZU??? It makes no sense to me.
I know, it's anime, but that is exactly what has already annoyed me with SAO.

Entertaining enough to finish it. But nothing more.

3/10
Jun 25, 2017 7:42 AM

Sep 2009
Igh, shitty-ass naked abstract bullshit scenes; couldn't even be bothered to make it look good. For series like this, it's up to the studio to make it good, and the studio did a half-assed job.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 25, 2017 7:59 AM

Jul 2008
I managed to complete it. I almost dropped it a few times. Now where is my reward? Someone please? I know that i fell asleep a few time but...
Visit my profile or my Blog where i talk about anime.
Jun 25, 2017 10:11 AM
Mar 2012
gears, "they meshed!" Thx another handshakers, but with worse art.
Oldman had bit of good lines, but overall a shallow loser villain.
Jun 25, 2017 12:56 PM

Apr 2013
It was a good show. 6/10. RyuZu was one of the best girls of this season.
Jun 26, 2017 3:43 PM

Jul 2016
A mediocre anime series is over. Okay.

I have to admit that the last episode had a good emotional depth. Marie and Anchor made me tear up a little, especially when Anchor apologised and Marie looked so heartbroken...wow.

Overall: 4
Jun 26, 2017 5:27 PM

Nov 2008
i thought this was a good one, could have been better at some points if not rushed.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

42 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

39 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.