Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gabriel Dropout
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 3, 2017 2:26 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, what a disappointing finale.
Not only did it fail to wrap up the "sneak into Heaven" subplot, but had two continuity errors (Zelel smiling at a dog and later being afraid of them, and Satania having met Gabriel before she had fallen). I get that DropOut isn't a very plot-heavy show, but it's because it isn't plot-heavy that such errors are downright inexcusable. It felt more like an early episode than a later one, much less a conclusion. If I hadn't known the episode count, I would've been certain there would be a new episode the following week, but all it left in me was a foul taste in my mouth and a sense of unfulfillment, craving more while being left ultimately disappointed.
Regardless, I liked the show, and the finale only takes one point off my original final score.
Apr 6, 2017 5:11 PM

Oct 2012
Great ending episode! It was bit boring at first but this series really got better with each following ep.

It was enjoyable show and I really liked the characters, hoping for S2!
Apr 9, 2017 1:59 PM

Jan 2016
this was enjoyable, could've been better if they focused on the plot from episode 10 and showed more characters/stories from Hell/Heaven.
Apr 14, 2017 12:18 PM
Jul 2008
I wonder why there's no continuation of EP 10.. :(

Viteracf said:
Uh... I don't know...

This show could have used more of its unique ideas (angel and demons) but in the end it turned to be just the usual moe-comedy slice of life shows for most of the time.

That's why episode 10 was the most interesting and enjoyable to watch, the others were just fine for me, I think in the end I'll give this show a 6/10

Agreed.. The families interactions are so funny and interesting. I like Satania's brother especially.

yhunata said:
BlueIsLove said:

Maybe you got a bad sub or somethin like mine, or just try to rewatch it. Satania "have" met the good Gabriel, it's what we saw in this episode right?

He's talking about episode 4. In that episode, Satania mentions that she never met Gabriel from before her shut-in life began and even expresses discomfort at the thought that Gabriel was once so pure and kind.

I don't understand where's the plothole? I might missed something in the final EP. Satania only said that she found a good servant but giving her tummy aches?

kyled00m said:
This episode still leaves me with a major question that was asked on the first episode of the series...

Who was the person who opened the game on Gabriel's laptop the first time which caused her to fall? Your computer doesn't just login to a game with a character that looks like you automatically...
My vote is that God opened it. *snickers*

I was wondering about that too but realized that this is a gag anime. What I found weird is It's pretty unrealistic for her to become completely different person after playing a game, but it's a gag anime so..
Apr 16, 2017 8:24 AM

Dec 2012
This episode didn't feel like an ending, but it was fun. It was weird to see Gabriel in angel mode, but fortunately it was not for real.

It was a nice comedy with 4 cute and funny girls. In this anime, the most funny part was that the demons were kinder than the angels. Too bad that the jokes were repetitive :/.
Anyway, Vigne best girl!
SakaitsuApr 16, 2017 8:41 AM
Apr 17, 2017 5:39 PM

Apr 2015
Onee-san was really cute and mature (despite the dog XD). Fitting ending to this animu. 8/10
Apr 23, 2017 4:05 AM

Apr 2016
1st and last 3 episodes were funny mid season was garbage and boring.Still way better than that toxic Umaru-chan.
Apr 25, 2017 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
Gab was so silly in this episode! Of course she couldn't fool her sister at first! xD
I thought she was brainwashed later, but looks like her acting skills improved a lot (she even "killed" the telemarketing guy! lmao). Still, not enough to trick her sister. At least, looks like she truly appreciated friendship and was happy to see Gab made 3 true friends. Who could have guessed that Zeroel was afraid of dogs? Looks like Satania's "familiar" just "banished" a powerful angel! Satania can be proud (even if she keeps being the silly comic relief character we all know and love! haha

Sensei took his sunglasses off! Too bad his eyes remain a mystery.

I liked how the last scene basically repeats one of the series' first scenes, but with the skirt instead of the pantsu. Nice brick joke!

I really liked this show. Not sure if a second season would be too repetitive, but I liked this one a lot. Time for the OVA!
May 1, 2017 2:04 AM

Jun 2011
The beginning was a bit forced, the ending was somewhat weak, middle portion was somewhat enjoyable albeit repetitive. I also agree with the lack of continuation for episode 10, the beginning of episode 11 threw me off, I thought for sure they would continue the plot line. Decent but somewhat dull cute anime.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 3, 2017 12:53 AM

Dec 2014
Fun show to sit back, relax and have few laughs. One problem I have is how they scrapped the story from ep10. I would have loved to see the rest of that. Maybe in an ova?

Overall enjoyable story and characters (loved Raphi's mischievous character) along with all the others.

I'm easy to please so 8/10

Hoping for a season 2
May 7, 2017 6:10 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well that's that It was a pretty fun show overall.

Hilarious how she returned to being a dirty shut in lol. Zelel going back to heaven because of her fear of dogs xD
I hope there's a second season, would be nice to see more of her again.

7/10

May 13, 2017 8:34 AM
Sep 2013
I loved this anime, it was really funny (Ah! the meeting of Satania and Tapris! *◡* ), and I did not really find it repetitive. It's a 7-8/10 for me.

For the plot hole about the game screen poping up... We can imagine to be a random demon trying to corrupt a random angel (After all, she has also "interacted" with the life of an other demon by killing the TV Shop man).

But I still have an interrogation in my mind.
Did Zelel not leave the Earth intentionally, faking her fear of dogs? After all, the first time we see here on Earth, she's not afraid of the first dog she meets, barking after here.
Perhaps she was like here little sister during here travel of Earth at the same age and decide to let here and see how things evolves?

I still need more of each character (the kwaii Tapris-chan included)!
Need a second season!
May 13, 2017 7:34 PM

Apr 2013
Nice watch i'm glad the world made it till the end of this episode so we could enjoy this anime
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
May 17, 2017 1:51 AM

Dec 2010
Vigne best girl.
Really enjoyed this anime.
Really loved the visuals the most
May 20, 2017 6:40 AM

Mar 2015
Seeing Gab in her "original" form was always gonna happen again, funny how it was all an act!

This was a fun series.

8/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 28, 2017 7:44 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty fun ride, so much more in every episode, Too bad we didn't get to see more Gab's older sister aka Zeruel, i wanted her to stay with Gabriel that'll make everything even more interesting but kinda feel bad for Gabriel if she lives in anxiety, i kinda like the good version of Gabriel tho she looks even cuter that way.

Overall score 7/10, S2 is to be expected
Jun 7, 2017 5:11 AM

Jan 2010
this was all right all around, pretty fun at times, but boring at others
i'm gonna give this a 6/10

would i watch a second season, considering it might be done? hmm..maybee
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 18, 2017 1:25 PM

Jun 2014
Eh, this show was cute enough and it had its moments, I really enjoyed the silly concept behind it and the characters.

7.5/10
:3
Jul 9, 2017 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
I just binged this show because everyone I know had already seen it and for some reason everyone talks about Satania a lot. Once I realized what kind of show it was (SOL with little plot) I grew to like it. My Best Girl was Vigne followed by Satania. I actually liked Gabriel less and less as the show progressed since I got tired of her slacker character.

Not as much fanservice as I expected but that's OK. I guess there's more to life than boobs and butts.

It was OK and the characters were good overall. But I doubt there will be a 2nd season. 7/10
Jul 14, 2017 7:41 AM

Apr 2015
Highs and lows comp. to Maidragon:

+ Cuter girls
+ Not as faux-serious.
+ Better set of supports(that often deliver much of the laughs)
+ Slightly better comedy.

- Art not as good.
- Core idea not as original.
- Setting not as complete

+s outweigh the -s. 7/10
Jul 19, 2017 11:24 AM
Jul 2015
Late to the party but arigatou Doga Kobo for giving us Satania
Jul 22, 2017 2:13 PM

Sep 2014
Vigne trying to keep everything in her for Gabriel...xD
Damn Gab fooled me there, thought Zelel actually managed to reeducate her. Though I thought Vigne was okai with Angelic Gab hmm..
Didn't expect Zelel to be scared of dogs, that "Kyaaa" was really cute.
Gab making some progress with the teleport LOL ^^

Got a good laugh from this show although I feel it could've been even better. Guess I'll check the manga soon.
Aug 11, 2017 4:40 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, her sister is afraid of dogs.
This time the skirt was teleported, not bad.
Sep 8, 2017 5:13 AM

Jan 2011
Worked better than the Maid Dragon finale.

Was kinda hoping she'd teleport sans clothes.
Oct 24, 2017 8:53 PM

Sep 2015
I guess she doesn't like dogs not under a leash.
Nov 10, 2017 5:02 PM
Feb 2013
I'm a bit disappointed at how this was resolved. I was hoping for an emotional confrontation where Gabriel shouted about how this was the real her the whole time and how she'd only been forcing herself to act like such a "good girl" because of the familial pressure, and Zeruel ultimately accepted it, albeit reluctantly.

That's the impression I've gotten of why she was like that, at least. She mentioned in Ep.1 that she had been repressing herself, and of course Zeruel would have pressured her to be more like her. So that's the obvious conclusion, and I think acknowledging it would have made for a much more satisfying conclusion.

What actually happened felt like a deus ex machina in comparison. Suddenly revealing a phobia - of something she'd encountered earlier without reacting, at that - doesn't feel satisfying, nor does it feel like anything was actually resolved.

...Maybe I just want Gabriel to be more like Taiga? It would be a more Toradora-esque scene than a Gabriel-esque one, after all. But, well, maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing. Everyone has all this character development swimming around under the surface that I keep hoping will come to fruition.
Nov 20, 2017 6:30 AM

Oct 2012
I mean getting scolded by Sawashiro Miyuki?
I can't think a better thing than that, please scold me! xD

"Inyu?" Cuteeeee, Sawashiro-san's voice is cute xD

"Oi yamero" Nice tsukkomi xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 3, 2017 8:15 AM

Sep 2012
Ulquiorra said:

she is evolving next time it will be all her clothes (or herself naked & clothes are left behind) 😂
Dec 10, 2017 2:41 AM
Nov 2017
Sugram22 said:
Ulquiorra said:

she is evolving next time it will be all her clothes (or herself naked & clothes are left behind) 😂
And then she blows the horn for reals.
Dec 12, 2017 3:59 PM

Oct 2015
This anime had a different vibe about angels and demons. My favorite character Gab is one twisted angel and a lazy bum who loves games reminds me of me. I did also enjoyed Satania's narcissist persona, I will forever bow down to the arch demon.

This episode was the best especially, the part where she teleported that skirt taking us back when she teleported that panty at first.
I loved this show's witty humor and bended setting, so 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 27, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Damn it! This show was really good and I want more of Satania!
There better be a new season/sequel or I'm gonna get mad!
Anyway, I'm gonna rate this anime 8 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 10, 2018 1:31 AM

Sep 2013
Ok last episode. Was hoping for more of a conflict with Gab's sister though.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 18, 2018 8:45 AM

Nov 2016
had a great ride overall, tons of funny gags and the girls get along well together, joke wise. dont think there was a recentish show as funny.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Mar 26, 2018 10:15 PM

May 2009
yhunata said:
Is breaking out the First Trumpet of the Apocalypse Gabriel's go to coping mechanism for humiliation/frustration?
<Magic8Ball> Yes. Yes it is.

Drachen said:
Gab's sister was super well designed, though the dog fear was kinda "meh" as a way to get her out.
Yeah, I definitely was looking forward to Zelel giving Gab a good comeuppance.

But maybe it's a thing that angels have phobias of random earthly features, such as frogs and dogs. Or maybe just "og" things. (Hogs? Bogs? Pogs?)

Whoahoho said:
Man, if Zeruel has some Clairvoyant powers, hoe the fuck did she didn't predict the dog? Corny ending
The dog's sixth sense for melon bread is a nonmagical extraordinary ability and thus evades magical detection.

Re Satania hadn't met Gab before she fell: I wonder how much of that was actually Satania's fantasizing about it. Since she IS shown to be a bit delusional like her parents.

But yeah, seeing more of her family, as well as the families of the other characters, would be quite nice.

Overall the setting would certainly benefit from being fleshed out, a lot.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 23, 2018 12:32 AM

May 2013
This anime was alright.

Ep 1 was unfortunately the only great episode.

Overused gags til the end, 1D personality characters, little to no development, terrible transitions, smhhhhhh. What a mess.

5/10

Sunglasses Sensei was the best. I also liked Prez. That's saying something when the minor of minor characters are more likable than mains *le sigh* Tap-chan wasn't too bad either. I think Vigne was the most popular one for this audience

Overall, meh.
Dec 26, 2018 2:53 PM

Feb 2008
Vigne is best girl. Hands down.
Overall, it was a fun show to watch. I'm not much into comedy but this one grabbed my attention throughout. Really fun & quick watch.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jan 7, 2019 11:05 AM

Jul 2015
This is the kind of shows that deserve all the sequels... ... ... please?

9/10
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Apr 21, 2019 3:41 AM

Apr 2013
Of course her sister had to have a weakness as well and Gab just went back to her usual slacking off.

Overall a really good comedy show. The second half wasn't as strong as the first one, but still enjoyable. 8/10
Jun 11, 2019 8:19 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty generic show.
Jul 17, 2019 3:23 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty good watch overall.

Think 12 episodes was just about right as it kind of started to get a bit repetitive towards the end. The visit to Hell/Heaven episode was really nice, but was slightly disappointed as I was expecting them to have an episode about getting Satania and Vigne into heaven. Then they kind of just cut back to Earth.

Overall, nice show. 7/10
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Dec 30, 2019 2:13 PM

Apr 2017
Not a bad show, but I can't see myself remembering like 80% of it either. It all just blends together.

Out of all the girls, Raphiel stood out the most and her reactions were always great to see. Satania was fun, but her character didn't really "go" anywhere (which applies to...pretty much all the girls in this show). The bread-stealing dog gag wasn't that funny to begin with, let alone every time it was used after that. Oddly enough, Gabriel herself felt underused? considering her name's in the title of the show. Vignette was the most relatable one for me, and Tapris was cute with her insecurity.

It feels like their angelic and demonic powers weren't explored enough; it would have been nice to see them using their powers more, maybe having Satania accidentally helping people while trying to do evil, or Gabriel having a brief change of heart and trying to do good, but failing at it.

6/10
Jan 8, 2020 5:00 AM

Oct 2019
Surprisingly really enjoyable, had a good laugh on every episodes. 8/10
Apr 9, 2020 8:20 AM

Oct 2010
Satanichia was awesome, the rest was forgettable, solid 5/10
Jun 19, 2020 2:33 AM

Aug 2017
It was pretty painful for me to watch, didn't like Gabriel asshole personality. And maybe it was the point of the show but still annoyed by it. Raphiel was also kinda annoying. Vigne and Satanichia were fun characters but if two of the main cast annoy me, then it's hard for me to watch it. Still the comedy wasn't that bad and I don't think this is a bad show, my problem lies more with the characters. 5/10 (maybe 6/10)
Aug 6, 2020 2:31 AM

Feb 2019
a pretty fun anime, love the characters although there are some boring and repetitive bits here and there, overall an enjoyable watch, 8/10
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 4, 2020 10:25 AM
Jun 2016
Right off the bat, the anime starts by continuing where it has left last episode. Just felt like pointing that out since not only I was kind of expecting that they'd do this with the Heaven/Hell episode, but I feel like this is kind of rare for slice of life anime standards. Which is kind of funny since anime has a reputation of being episodic within cartoon fans (including me before I've watched more anime).

I've noticed that Zelel is wearing traditional Japanese clothing as she looks down on Earth. I mean, yeah, it's interesting since I'm not really used to seeing angels being depicted like that. But whatever. It's not like angels wearing Roman and ancient Greek garb factual anyway (unless if you're strictly talking about their depiction in art and media).

The finale is called "Gabriel Dropout". Damn, you know it's getting serious if the episode's name is also the series'.

I mean, Gabriel has a point. I remember stories about an online game having a virtual pandemic and the WHO actually studying the events that happened.

I'm enjoying that scene where Vigne is lying and Raphi just says something like: "I'm enjoying the nuanced expression on her face." Damn it, am I the "same type" as Raphi?

Yeah, I genuinely kind of feel bad for Gabriel. She was a jerk at certain parts of the series, but I think having someone like Zelel is too much to deal with.

Of course they're going to corrupt Gabriel again. Where have I heard of this again? A group of friends trying to return someone back to their original personality out of friendship? Yeah, "Yuru Yuri". Yeah, I find it a little funny that Vigne is bothered by Gabriel's angelic personality. I guess she really likes Gabriel just the way she is (like what I've said).

I like Satania's get-up when she came out of Gabriel's drawer, lol.

I'd say this is a perfect ending to this anime. Or at least a perfect season finale for it. And even if Gabriel wasn't pretending (i.e. she remained angelic), then it would still make sense in a roundabout sort of way.

Yeah, the ending with Zelel having to live with Gabriel really implies a second season. I'm a bit surprised that she just casually allows Gabriel to be friends with demons, and says nothing about Raphi's sadism. I guess she kind of underestimates Satania and Vigne.

Oh, never mind. She just left. I guess this is indeed the perfect ending to this anime. Well, I think I'll pick up the manga eventually even though I'm more of an anime person.

Also, I saw someone saying that Zelel being afraid of dogs is some sort of plot hole. I'm not really cynophobic, but come one. Obviously a leashed dog isn't as scary as one that isn't.
Mat2468xkOct 4, 2020 10:30 AM
Jan 28, 2021 7:13 AM

Feb 2020
Nice finale.

Overall, a good and cute show, but Satania got bullied way too much.

SerafosApr 4, 10:37 PM
May 10, 2021 8:26 AM
Jun 2020
Little bit of a pleasant
Jun 18, 2021 11:06 AM
Jun 2019
This is great, thoroughly enjoyable. I guess we're done waiting for Dropout season 2 at this point, but I'll be looking forward to reading the manga.
Oct 2, 2021 8:09 AM

Jul 2021
loved this final episode, I wish there was more of the anime cause I quite enjoyed it but this finale really wasn't bad. Does the manga go past this ending or is it the same as the anime?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

181 by falcon_d »»
Today, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2017

102 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2017

141 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2017

99 by Pat_DR »»
Jan 26, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2017

98 by WELLERM »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.