Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2017 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A promotion test...

Looks like this was some serious business for their promotion. I like how the episode took itself seriously with the challenge (maze). In fact, I think the test itself is designed cleverly to test Chiya and the others.

Pretty interesting episode, might be one of my favorites so far from this show.
Mar 9, 2017 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
The girls had fun during the exam from the looks of it but things aren't over yet.
And now things might be problematic tho we might learn a thing or two about Chiya.
Mar 10, 2017 9:35 AM

Jun 2015
That was quite a promotion test. The girls did a good job finding the key. Each of them helped out in their own way. But it's not over yet. Chiya got sucked into the ground.
Mar 10, 2017 9:37 AM

Sep 2016
that was the best, Kon getting even cuter and cuter again as usual XDDDDD
'Kuro' the black rabbit god, what a lazy name
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 10, 2017 9:47 AM

Jan 2013
Wow things are going to get intense next episode. I'm guessing we're going to get to figure out more behind what is exactly up with Chiya and all of that next episode, which should be really exciting. "Loathsome daughter of heresy" though... I think this confirms that she's probably half-god. And it's also probably why she lived with Setsu. If the gods themselves didn't like it then why would other humans. I do wonder just what exactly happened but so far it seems to be hinting towards that.

Future ideas aside the episode itself was very fun to watch. We got to see all of the talents and tricks of the uraras themselves. Some of them were more useful, others weren't. Chiya is right that she didn't really divine anything but at the very least she's good at dislodging traps, which for this trap filled maze is pretty useful.

It's interesting to note how many of them (well at least two of them) practiced in secret. This goes back to the whole rivals thing I'd imagine, although it also does say something about the characters themselves and their assuredness with showing their other friends what they've done.

The part with Kon cheering up Chiya was really cute. Of course it would be her to do it too. Espeically considering what happened in Episode 8, it makes sense that she'd want to pay back the favor. I do wonder how often Chiya has these feelings though, it's clear that she does have them to some extent, but how often does she have them? She is hiding them behind her smile or are they usually seen as more trivial than not. Hopefully she finds some divination that works for herself.

All in all it was a cute episode. I really love the characters and well everything about this show. Hopefully they'll be able to move on in the 9th rank exam~
Mar 10, 2017 10:00 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Nina sensei went absolutely savage on Saku. XDD

God, Kon was just so adorable this episode. <3 <3
Official Urara exams, Our girls team up to find the sacred arrow. Loved their little team hurdle in the beginning. Nice to see all of them using their divinations to escape trouble Fox Kon was good too. :3

They found the arrow quite unexpectedly after pulling that rope. xD
That ending though, 'Daughter of Heresy'?, Chiya kidnapped by some unknown entity? Wasn't expecting something like this. xD
Mar 10, 2017 10:10 AM

Jan 2012
Exam time! Well done girls, especially Nono for knocking out her sister Nina and the other guards with her singing! XD And who knew Koume's crystal had such big, beautiful tits!? XD Not over yet though, as Chiya was abducted!
Mar 10, 2017 10:39 AM

Jun 2016
arrow trap!!?? shuriken!!! seriously?? is this even an exam? what if someone die lol
Mar 10, 2017 12:14 PM

May 2014
That Promotion test was quite fun to watch
Chiya you helped out to avoid those traps
Nina-sensei being silly in acting as an Oni
and Saku-taichou was heavily damage by Nina
Koume's incantation was good the same for Nono
Kon being Cute using a different type of Kokuri and welcome Kitsune-sama
That ending though Chiya being suck in the ground
wahh I couldnt wait for the next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2017 12:31 PM

Aug 2016
nooooo cliffhanger! can't wait for next week :o
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 10, 2017 12:43 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode by far! Maybe Chiya will get a new clue about her mother in the next episode :o

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 10, 2017 12:56 PM
Feb 2016
What a great episode! Brought back some memories from the Chuunin Exams in Naruto.

That cliffhanger at the end though. I wonder if we'll finally get some answers about Chiya's past.
Mar 10, 2017 4:45 PM

May 2015
Damn, what just happened to Chiya at the end?

Anyway, good episode. The girls working all together was nice to watch obviously <3.

Mar 10, 2017 4:50 PM

Oct 2013
I love Kon, but for some reason seeing her smashed thrice on the head by pans made me laugh. Why must I laugh at the suffering of others? Am I devoid of empathy?

Anyway - the belly of the serpent is a pretty cool maze.
Mar 10, 2017 5:41 PM

Nov 2015
What kind of exam is this.

Also, what happened to Chiya at the end?

Mar 10, 2017 7:59 PM

Jan 2015
Moh95 said:
arrow trap!!?? shuriken!!! seriously?? is this even an exam? what if someone die lol
I don't even think if that's possible. Just a thought, but if it's really possible, then this will no longer be a "cute" anime. "Indecent" just like Nina-sensei said yes, but "Twisted"... I doubt it. But to look at what happen to Chiya at that last minute. I don't know, it's just a thought. LOL

This time Kon-Kitsune really help the team. And that's why Kon should the one that hold the arrow.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 10, 2017 8:41 PM

Sep 2011
It's about time this series left off with a cliffhanger. At least there is some incentive to watch next week's episode.
Mar 10, 2017 9:48 PM

Dec 2016
I love how scary Kon's mother was trying to be.

Just when we thought everything we going great and they were about to pass the exam.

Those things have been after Chiya for a little while now.

Obviously her mother is very important. A lot of people believe she is the #1 urara.
Mar 10, 2017 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
Nooooooo
How could you leave my hanging like this!? Chiya was abducted by gods(?) and looks like next ep we'll learn a bit about her and see everyone work together to find her. I'm excited for next ep, really liking how this all played out minus the cliffhanger

Seeing everyone's hard work pay off in this test was very satisfying, Undulette matured a bit, Nono confirmed Jigglypuff when will her DLC get added to Smash?, Kon now shows 2x the love with Kokkuri-san's addition.

OH man next week can't come soon enough!
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 11, 2017 2:52 AM

Dec 2009
Chiya is a heretical daughter? (suppose that explains why she was out in the woods)

So much love and then sudden doom!!

I'm not sure if her mother is the #1 urara, but i havle little doubt her mother is an important or famous figure of some kind, or perhaps someone who used too many or an extremely sinful forbidden divination method.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 11, 2017 4:04 AM

Jun 2015

My guess is that she (Chiya's mom) is probably sealed or locked away by lybrinth town's deities or higher rank uraras. The way those deities talked about chiya and how no one seem to divine about her mother's whereabouts (which is probably the doing of these deities too who took chiya away) does not go in favor of them. And the four will try to free her at the end or something along the lines.

On to the episode, it was certainly enjoyable. Fox Kon was the best part for me. Looking forward to the next episode for the truth about chiya's origins and more Kon's goodness. ;)
Mar 11, 2017 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
It is interesting that in addition to usual rich atmosphere of sympathy, there has been a step forward in history, who knows if it will succeed to get to something concrete. What a pity that now that the girls pass the exam to become Urara top grade, the anime series, it is about to end. I hope I do not too far, a new season.

animefan8800 said:
Exam time! Well done girls, especially Nono for knocking out her sister Nina and the other guards with her singing! XD And who knew Koume's crystal had such big, beautiful tits!? XD Not over yet though, as Chiya was abducted!

Strange that you overlooked, even those of the teacher Nina. X°°D
Mar 11, 2017 12:51 PM

May 2012
Amazing episode. The entire episode was really fun.

Poor Koume can't even do things in secret cause there always someone watching her and also poor Kon must have had headache after so many things falling on her head.

Undelette is a grow up girl already, nice to see her back. I wonder if she appears again on the manga as a more mature woman latter.

Nina-sensei was awesome as usual too. Finally someone told the truth to Saku-taichou. Will Saku-taichou ever recover from the shock of discovering her mind is full of indecent thoughts?

Ahhhh we are so close to the end already. Just more two episodes. =/
KaeUBWMar 11, 2017 1:01 PM
I despise woke people.
Mar 11, 2017 11:17 PM

Oct 2015
I liked Kon's part when she got hit with the pans xd oh no Chiya :(

It's sad to know that this is ending in 2 more weeks
Mar 12, 2017 12:52 AM
Jul 2018
Panaru said:
Saku gets rekt deep.

R O A S T E D
F O R
I N D E C E N C Y

Anyway, looks like we're seeing a developing plot eh?
Nice episode overall, props to the return of Kon-Kitsune. Lmao
Mar 12, 2017 12:27 PM

Jul 2009
Chiya is the daughter of a God right? That can be the only answer. I hope the other girls save her.
Mar 12, 2017 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
Really sad this will end in two weeks and highly awaiting a second season myself <3

But on to my thoughts about the episode; I found it good as always, had to laugh at poor Kon getting hit by all the pans, especially when Nono did her part XD
Also, the fox spirit was as good as always.

I'm also on the side who thinks the first rank ura is Chiya's mother and maybe a half-god, if you take into accord what the gods said at the end of the episode.

But I guess, we'll see for ourselves next week.
Mar 12, 2017 7:54 PM

Jul 2015
kowalski_1123 said:
Panaru said:
Saku gets rekt deep.

R O A S T E D
F O R
I N D E C E N C Y

Anyway, looks like we're seeing a developing plot eh?
Nice episode overall, props to the return of Kon-Kitsune. Lmao

^
^
^
This.

And I look forward to learning the truth about Chiya's mom as well as figuring out just what these spirits and or gods are up to.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 13, 2017 1:09 AM

Sep 2010
Tokie was using a microphone... I thought this was set further in the past, but I guess not.

Interesting how Kon calls the kitsune into her own body to avoid having to use paper and a coin.

They're too careless, all leaving Chiya behind with the key. >.>
Mar 13, 2017 10:03 AM

Aug 2016
Sadist part of me hoped for a madoka moment at the last part but that obviously won't happen. Great episode all the girls were cute but those traps were deadly ._. .The Nina and Saku interaction was hilarious.

I'm excited on how this season will end. Here's hoping for a possible second season even though it might be unlikely.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Mar 13, 2017 4:30 PM
Dec 2010
As much as I liked the episode, the ending felt pretty stupid. I mean, are we to believe that not one of the 3 girls took even one single look back towards Chiya? The whole episode, scratch that, the whole series they have been looking after each other, and now conveniently they don't do it at all. Felt like an asspull for drama reasons.
Mar 14, 2017 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
Tokie is so funny when she is being rude and trying to scared the girls lol
Wtf was that ending???
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 14, 2017 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
Gsimp said:
As much as I liked the episode, the ending felt pretty stupid. I mean, are we to believe that not one of the 3 girls took even one single look back towards Chiya? The whole episode, scratch that, the whole series they have been looking after each other, and now conveniently they don't do it at all. Felt like an asspull for drama reasons.

Exactly, couldn't have said better.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 15, 2017 8:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And the time has come for the girls first promotional exam then.
I guess even Nina can get nervous eh but then again this is the first of their big exams so its not surprising. Its funny as ever seeing Saku act all tough even though she cares about the girls as well. Hmm the exam center looks just like a normal one eh. Lol Kon is even more embarrassing than Chiya is with that banner of hers. So this time Kon's mother is the Procter eh. Like in all exams all are both rivals and allies and friends. Hmm so rather than being a individual exam this one is team based eh. Kons act though was funny. Hmm so the test itself will be to find a key arrow in a maze eh. That will no doubt involve them all using their specialties to find the key while working together.
Hmm the belly of the serpent eh what a name for a maze. Hmm since there's only three keys only three teams will pass eh. Wow and plus since there is a time limit as well it really puts on the pressure as well. Tokie does look like she's having fin explaining things though. Plus they also have to contend with their teachers as Oni who will be pursuing them as well. Lol Nina sure hits the nail with her questions. If Saku see's everything as lewd then isn't her mind that as well lol. Lol her admirers are just making things worst. Lol Chiya is the odd one out as the rest already have their tools.

Out of the girls Chiya is the only one that doesn't have a specialty of her own. Its nice to see the rest of the girls believe in Chiya and try and support her though. This is what a team should be about in the end. Hmm blow white smoke to summon help but do so wisely as even they rescuers can get lost lol. Wow the maze really does look pretty scary and complex. Hmm a charm to start their journey off eh. Cliche but whatever works i guess. Hmm so its more than mazes than they find down there eh. They even have traps. Koume and her sweets lol but that was a good analogy though. The most valuable thing in the maze is the key after all so it will likely be stored in a safe place. Koume's incarnation though was pretty cool. And its nice to see her pendulum spirit has grown more powerful as well. Chiya and Nono can easily avoid traps eh. The shadow Nono technique lol. Nina looks like she's having a lot of fun playing a Oni. Wow Nono's singing managed to put the Oni to sleep such was its soothing effect. Even Chiya fell for it lol. Lol if something is too good to be true it usually means a trap. Poor Kon being hit that much with them though. Kons getting fired up after being hit that much by traps lol. Hmm Kon using her divination method and getting possessed again lol. Lol in this form Kon looks like she has personality disorder. Its funny seeing a fox spirit get subjugated by Chiya that easily though. Still its nice seeing Kon realize that going by the books is not always the best way. Note don't pull random ropes when in a maze.

Its nice that in the end they managed to find the key thanks to the joint effort of the team. Though Chiya did not contribute much in terms of divination she did help them avoid the many traps that were in the maze. Hmm and it seems that maze also has lifeforms that were looking for Chiya as well. Man what a cliffhanger. Can't wait to see what happens next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2017 2:52 AM

Jun 2016
Chiya with a ponytail! Adorable and beautiful.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Mar 16, 2017 8:47 PM

Oct 2008
the 4 girls and many other ura's are now having official exams for 9th-rank.
oh noes! Chiya got abducted!
lolz Saku is the one who is actually indecent!
3/5.

Mar 17, 2017 1:41 AM

Apr 2011
That was a cute and fun test.

But ending was rather stupid. How could they not look back at Chiya or went outside together?

Loathsome daughter of heresy? Hmm...I'm really curious who's Chiya mom is.
Mar 23, 2017 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode, and an unexpected cliffhanger at the en1d
Mar 23, 2017 3:46 PM

May 2012
Gsimp said:

They were excited after founding the key. They started to run and thought she was behind them too. They did looked back, but that was too late already.

I don't know why people are thinking this was strange. The whole thing happened in a few seconds.
I despise woke people.
Apr 11, 2017 6:35 AM

Mar 2015
Wow that cliffhanger! this should be an interesting climax to the series
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 13, 2017 8:10 PM

May 2012
Oh boy this episode was interesting and what an ending! Really impressive, looking forward for the next episode.
Dec 4, 2017 5:40 AM

Sep 2012
Kawa-desu said:

its Naruto Chuunin Exam lol

Sande said:
What a great episode! Brought back some memories from the Chuunin Exams in Naruto.

That cliffhanger at the end though. I wonder if we'll finally get some answers about Chiya's past.

lol

Silent_Four-Eyes said:
nooooo cliffhanger! can't wait for next week :o

that's why i watch anime that are finished airing i can watch next EP right away & don't half to worry about cliffhangers :)

Hijazi said:

My guess is that she (Chiya's mom) is probably sealed or locked away by lybrinth town's deities or higher rank uraras. The way those deities talked about chiya and how no one seem to divine about her mother's whereabouts (which is probably the doing of these deities too who took chiya away) does not go in favor of them. And the four will try to free her at the end or something along the lines.

On to the episode, it was certainly enjoyable. Fox Kon was the best part for me. Looking forward to the next episode for the truth about chiya's origins and more Kon's goodness. ;)

i think issue is she made child with a human that its taboo to them

Panaru said:
Saku gets rekt deep.

@kowalski_1123

this was pure gold lol
Sugram22Dec 4, 2017 5:47 AM
Oct 2, 2018 11:45 AM

Apr 2009
2/5

Not too much Matsuko-san.
Nov 10, 2019 6:08 AM

Feb 2017
Did...did Chiya just admit that she's messed around inside a real giant snake before?
Oct 14, 2020 6:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The test part was pretty good but i'm worried for Chiya, I hope she'll be fine
Nov 5, 2021 4:47 AM

Apr 2020
I hope Chiya is fine
Jul 13, 2022 12:57 PM

Feb 2020
"If every little thing looks lewd to you, then isn't it your mind that is indecent?"

Indeed, haha. Saku is actually the one who has been indecent for the whole time. xD

Rolling boulder, arrows, and shuriken. All those traps were actually really dangerous.

It was fun to see Kon-Kitsune again.

Uh-oh! Chiya is in trouble...
Dec 17, 2023 1:03 AM

Nov 2023
Wow, nice business promotion and stuff

More topics from this board

» Where to start the manga

bezardo - Feb 7

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
Feb 7, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

93 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

59 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

45 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

64 by nanajp »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.