Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2017 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was lewd

So the test continues for these girls. Poor Chiya, she is even accused of being a "traitor". Pretty tense episode. We got a race against time and I must say, Chiya was amazing with her determination.

Good job girls!
Mar 16, 2017 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
So Kuro came at just the right time and helped Chiya out a lot.
And we also got to see Chiya's mother for the first time but we didn't get much information about her.
Still it will be interesting to find out who she is.
Mar 16, 2017 11:37 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Was a nice episode, but now we have more questions than answers.

Mar 17, 2017 7:49 AM

Jan 2012
Hooray! They passed! And Chiya learned a tiny bit about her mom, Yami, and Kuro, her power.
Mar 17, 2017 8:05 AM

Jan 2015
Thank god it didn't last that longer, because if it does then we'll have another genre for this anime. The "Tentacle" genre. :3
Matsuko really save Nono, even when her hand didn't reach the ceiling.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 17, 2017 8:17 AM

Sep 2016
fuck 1 episode left of this comfy overload
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 17, 2017 8:17 AM

Jun 2015
Chiya was accused being a traitor because of her mother. I wonder what her mother did... We got to see her, but still don't know very much. Korou saved her just in time. Congrats to the girls for passing the test.
Mar 17, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2013
That was a great arc right now. We learned that Chiya's mom is the reason why she is being targeted. She is an urara and she did something that was considered heresy. While there is no concrete answers given it does still line up with the thoughts that she made Chiya with a god. It's also probably why Chiya herself is targeted. Considering this (as well as what we saw) it makes sense that Chiya was given to Saku. This was probably better kept under wraps due to all of that.

I'm so glad that they passed. As they wasted away the last few seconds I was scared they were going to screw up or wait too long. I'm glad they got to do it together though, that way Kon could make up for her previous mistake.

Chiya is really good at dviniation when she's able to use Kurou and sucks at it otherwise. Which I guess makes sense. All of her talent is rooted in that magical being it seems. It doesn't help that she's a bit clueless when it comes to all of this. I do wonder what Chiya's newfound situational power is going to do to the group dynamic. Kon already mentioned she had a lot of questions for Chiya. Also interesting to note is that Chiya's Korou powers is similar to Kon's kitsune body sharing. I mean obviously Chiya's version is much more powerful, but in both cases they're heavily using spirital beings, such to the point that they appear onto themselves.

There was a lot of Chiya X Kon hinting in this episode. (And I love it >w> ) The fact that Chiya's first instinct to see if it was ok to do was to ask Kon and the trust that Kon returned back (well that all returned it really) even after they had seen no divining from her. The fact that Chiya and Kon keep on grabbing each other for celebrations. The level of interest Kon has in Chiya and her divination, although I imagine part of that is selfish. The fact that Chiya gave the key to Kon out of nowhere. All of it. There's also a good deal of Nina X Saku. Gosh I ship both these ships. Espeically Chiya X Kon.

I did like how they did the finale on episode 10-11 though. I don't know what the next episode will be like but I feel like one thing missing in a lot of shows is the resolution. They put no much effort into the build up and then the climax only to rush through the resolution. It's always disappointing as I feel like that's in a way the most important part. The climax is the most hypefilled part but the resolution is necessary to really see how it all shakes out. I don't know how much resolution we'll be getting but hopefully a good deal. A nice relaxing episode will be nice to have it end with.

This really is a great show. I'm going to miss it when it's over. Then I'll have to wait for manga translations. Hopefully they'll be up soon enough because I don't want Urara to leave my life. ;w;
Mar 17, 2017 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Was really cool learning Chiya's power and possibly her mom called Yami.

I loved the part where Chiya used her divination, it was so cool. xD

Heartwarming ending with all our girls passing the test as expected. :)

Bath episode as a finale? I am ready. XD
Mar 17, 2017 10:37 AM

Nov 2011
Guessed from the Opening the lady was Chiya's mom. My other guess is that she is the #1 Urara as well and her being a "Traitor" may have something to do with seeing a God or something like that, that's my guess.
Make's sense that Chiya can see most things others cannot.

Great episode though, I hate how there's only one episode left but I LOVE that it's a Hot Springs Episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 17, 2017 11:30 AM

May 2014
We finally get to see Chiya using her power Kurou I laugh a bit when kurou bites her head

and we got a few info about her mother and it seems that they accuse her as a traitor

Koume you should really cut off eating lots of sweets

one more episode left hope it got 2nd season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2017 12:32 PM
Feb 2016
Wow, that was an awesome episode!

Everything from Chiya getting captured to finally getting her own divination method and using it to not only escape from the god that captured her but also get her entire team out of the labyrinth just in the nick of time!

This episode also answered a lot of questions but raised several new ones as well. It seems that Kurou is somehow linked to both Chiya and her mother. Considering there's only one episode left though, I doubt we'll be getting any more answers. Here's hoping there'll be a season 2.
Mar 17, 2017 12:43 PM
Apr 2012
Sad there's one episode left, this and Demi-Chan were my comfy shows to look forward to each week.

I'm betting she can't divine again without rabbit thing around damnit. And it sounds like the shadows are either pissed because her mom got it on with a god or because her mother (and her as well) can see through them with her divining.

Gotta say I am enjoying this series a lot more than I thought I would originally.
BkwyrmMar 17, 2017 1:08 PM
Mar 17, 2017 1:14 PM

Oct 2012
Chiya's style of divination with Kurou was really cool to watch. We got to see tidbits of her mother Yami, who betrayed the gods(?) or something? They also seem to fear her divination style, with her red eyes.

Sad to see Kurou gone, wondering what conditions must arise for Kurou to appear again, and I hope that he gets to stay later. A really cute ep otherwise, with really funny and cute moments.

Only one ep left, I'm gonna miss this one
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 17, 2017 3:13 PM

Dec 2016
First off congratulations to the girls for passing the exam and making 9th rank.

For a moment there though I thought they might miss out when they couldn't decide who would open the door.

I do like how all 4 of them opened it at the same time, they are a great team.

Good that we learned a few other things like the name of Chiya's mother and also we learn about Chiya's divination power.

Hot bath episode next time means we get to see more funny scenes involving Captain Saku.
Mar 17, 2017 4:15 PM

Oct 2013
Nice conclusion to the 9th rank exam. Near the end there I wanted one of them to say, "Could you STFU and open the damn door already!" We finally discover the secret to Chiya's divination style.

I like that they're ending this series with another fan service episode.
Mar 17, 2017 4:18 PM

May 2012
Matsuko-saaaaaaan!!!
Poor Matsuko-san she saved Nono, but almost lost her hair there XD

This episode was amazing. Chiya divination and Kurou appearance were great.

It's so sad we have just one more episode. I really want another season, but i doubt we will get one.

For now the first chapter can be found in english at kyakka.wordpress.

I hope he can keep the translation going because i don't think many other scanlators would pick this manga.
I despise woke people.
Mar 17, 2017 4:22 PM

Aug 2015
At the end I was like
"Open the door".
"Open the door!"
"Open the fucking door!"
"Shut the fuck up and OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!"

Made me feel stressed. A little bit.
Nice episode otherwise.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Mar 17, 2017 5:10 PM

May 2012
That was a pretty damn good episode. To be honest, I just picked this up cause it looked pretty cute, didn't expect it to be this entertaining and good. It has a good mix of comedy, some cuteness, a little drama, and a lot of mystique that surrounds the town, which makes it all the more interesting and fits perfectly considering it's a town full of various gods and divination.

Looks like we're ending this anime with a fanservice episode from the looks of the preview.

Mar 17, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2015
Alright, congratulations to the girls for passing the exam!

Seems like they're going to end this show with a little bit of fanservice, lol. Not that I mind ;>.

Mar 17, 2017 6:14 PM

Jul 2012
Chiya's divination looks sick.

I'm getting goosebumps.
Queen_VaniaMar 18, 2017 7:36 PM
よろしく!
Mar 17, 2017 10:31 PM
Mar 2016
I so hope the manga author continues to the first rank exam and that source material is applied to anime.

Chiya's divination is probably my favorite. Oh well, can't wait to see a next season to the show (cause there should be)
Mar 18, 2017 1:57 AM

Apr 2011
Wow. Chiya's divination is so cool. I think she just discovered her powers and still has long way to mastering. And finally to see a rather big clue to Chiya's mom. Which confirms her name to be Yami. They look alike btw. Based on her looks which has a couple of servants, she could be the legendary rank one Urara.

Also, congrats to the girls for passing the exam.

It sucks that there's only one episode left. I wish for a 2nd season. I really want more.
Mar 18, 2017 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
Soooo, Chiya got clairvoyance through Kurou's aid, amirite?

I felt that I already watched the final episode. Hahaha. And fanservice on ep 12? I wont complain. Lel

Gonna miss this anime tho. Season 2 is very welcome.
Mar 18, 2017 5:31 AM

Nov 2011
All pretty telegraphed, also the true identity of the mother Chiya, was well long understood. But in the meantime, do not miss the friendliness and fun that has so far characterized the entire anime series. The drawings and the backgrounds are always very beautiful to see. The protagonists are hilarious in their actions. I'm sad that this latest series of magic done by JC Staff, is about to end. I hope that is also the face for it, a sequel.
Mar 18, 2017 10:47 AM

Sep 2016
Saku-taicho with Oni body suit

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 18, 2017 4:24 PM

Oct 2015
Tony_SansNom said:
At the end I was like
"Open the door".
"Open the door!"
"Open the fucking door!"

Nice episode otherwise.
I thought the same, I even thought they were not gonna pass because of how long they talked
Mar 18, 2017 6:21 PM

Sep 2010
EGOIST said:
Tony_SansNom said:
At the end I was like
"Open the door".
"Open the door!"
"Open the fucking door!"

Nice episode otherwise.
I thought the same, I even thought they were not gonna pass because of how long they talked
Looks like they actually had 35s left when Tokie said they had 30s, and they only took 5s from when Tokie said 5s. Not quite as bad as the one in Log Horizon where Shirou said they had 3 (?) minutes, and they took way longer than that.

Felt a bit bad for the girls who fell to the 70% elimination rate, but I guess nothing can be done about that. o.o"

Chiya's divination seems rather overpowered compared to the rest since she's able to give them such accurate directions to get out. ...but then again, the kitsune basically led them to the key arrow.
Mar 18, 2017 6:40 PM

Aug 2015
Great. I wish there would've been some more stuff between Chiya and Kon at the end but I'm all happy with this episode.
Fanservice for last ep tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Mar 19, 2017 5:40 AM

Aug 2016
Awesome conclusion for this arc. Fanservice next episode w/ Saku-taichou :3 I hope they'll hint at more plot progression(season 2 pls).

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Mar 19, 2017 9:57 AM

Sep 2011
Great episode, as walys, but I guess ppl await in a second seaon - like me . will be disappointed, since the manga as well has only come this far yet and seems pretty fresh. Well, let's hope we'll get a second season in one or two years anyway :)
Mar 19, 2017 9:58 AM

Jul 2015
Tony_SansNom said:
At the end I was like
"Open the door".
"Open the door!"
"Open the fucking door!"

Nice episode otherwise.

ME TOO GOOD GOD I'M Really glad they were told they had 30 seconds left to open that dang door.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 19, 2017 2:23 PM

Sep 2013
Chiya LEVELED UPPPPPP...........and gained clairvoyance.

Had me yelling 'Open the fucking door' too....Next ep looks LEWD....
Mar 19, 2017 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty interesting episode, it revealed some important things.
From what i've got, Yami (Chiya's mother), probably used some dark forces to become stronger and then betrayed them, basically, she used them xD And now they want revenge, we still don't know her motives but it was probably for a good thing.

So that black creature is Chiya's power of divination and he also protects her? Very interesting, but it's a shame that we only have one more episode, at least it's a bath one xD

Glad that girls did it! Congratulations :D

Squad Goals xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 20, 2017 10:02 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Somehow I got the feeling that Yami did betray (betraying the trust of the Gods) them by having a child with one of the gods and that child is ofcourse Chiya.

I do not know if this could be true or not, but I got somehow this feeling.
Mar 20, 2017 11:38 PM

Jan 2015
I think Kurou is actually Chiya's Dad.

She kinda has this animalistic nature and animals get attracted to her, which could be the fox inside of her. Also, she has the same color eyes as Kurou.

I think Kurou and Yami had a kid, which is Chiya. Kurou, who is a god, probably got exiled by the other gods for breaking the rules by mating with Yami.

This means Chiya is basically a half-god, which might explain why she can see things the others can't and why she has this cool new power.

I also think Yami, her Mom, is probably the most powerful Urara in the city. Usually when you break the Gods' rules, you lose your powers. But I think she is so powerful that she was able to keep her powers somehow.
MoistFlubberMar 21, 2017 12:00 AM
Mar 21, 2017 9:30 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
FlubberAnime said:

She kinda has this animalistic nature and animals get attracted to her, which could be the fox inside of her. Also, she has the same color eyes as Kurou.

I think Kurou and Yami had a kid, which is Chiya. Kurou, who is a god, probably got exiled by the other gods for breaking the rules by mating with Yami.

This means Chiya is basically a half-god, which might explain why she can see things the others can't and why she has this cool new power.

I also think Yami, her Mom, is probably the most powerful Urara in the city. Usually when you break the Gods' rules, you lose your powers. But I think she is so powerful that she was able to keep her powers somehow.

It was hinted a few episodes ago, that the black rabbit thing could be a god. And I have the same feeling as you. I think that Chiya is a half god and that Yami did betray the trust of the Gods by having a child with one of them. That would explain why they also hate Chiya that much that they would kill her.
Mar 21, 2017 12:22 PM

Feb 2014
Chiya's being entangled with "Unseen hands" made MY BRAIN TREMBLES (obviously they touch her belly - and perhaps other places only for fanservice, but imagine if Rem was in her place..)

Then suddenly she summoned rabbit BIJUU with kuchiyose no jutsu (sort of) which also give her the SHARINGAN she needed to conveniently save the day..
Mar 21, 2017 1:35 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Excellent episode as always
Im so glad that the girls managed to pass the trail successfully
Chiya at last gained her divination specialty and a clue into who her mother is as well

Who would have thought that the maze really have demons inside of it. That is interested in Chiya as well. For Chiya to be grabbed though and by something that seems to know her that was unexpected. Its nice to see that when confronted with this kind of situation the team can remain calm though their ideas are pretty funny. Tokie kidnapping Chiya to hide in her castle lol that was hillarious. A boss fight against Kon's mother lol. If Chiya is trapped in the maze itself then finding her will be hard. Still they have to find both Chiya and the key to in order to pass the exam. Hmm these hands sure are touchy though lol. Hmm so it seems that the maze does know who Chiya is. A traitor eh. The child of a traitor means that Chiya's mother is a traitor eh. Lol revolving doors can be pretty scary. For Chiya who's been looking hard for her mother this is the first real lead that she's got. Now Chiya finally has a name to look for if only she can get of this maze alive. If only Chiya has some sort of divination that she can use to find a way out of there though. Hmm that was unexpected being saved by that mysterious fox. Protecting Chiya by eating her. Now thats a new method of protection indeed. Can it be that the fox is actually Chiya's mother maybe. Meanwhile Kon and the rest are triggering traps as they go without Chiya there to help them. Man Non's doll sure is pretty strong in managing to hold that ceiling like that. Its nice that Chiya is at last able to see what her mother looks like and what her name is. Lol the mike test by Tokie is causing that shaking. Fifteen minutes left until the test ends. Hope the girls will be able to find Chiya and the key and get out successfully. Its nice to see Sakie and her men care so much about Chiya and the others though. They can be considered friends after all.

But the only thing that they can do really is to have faith in them. In their skills as Urara and in the teachings that Nina has taught them. Its nice to see that Chiya isn't allowing her new lead to distract her from the trial. Man Koume sure is trapped in a awkward spot. Blaming Koume's love of sweets lol. Faced with this situation its not surprising that the girls will be scared of failing though. Even Koume who's the bravest felt the pressure and wanted to give up. Still its nice to see that each of the characters have been developed over the series with Nono now braver than she was before. Chiya really has affected them all eh. Lol that will quite the sight for the girls Chiya half eaten by a monster appearing in front of them. Hmm it seems Nina and the other Oni have been pretty busy considering how many students they caught. Well Chiya's divination attempts have so far all ended with failure. So its not a good track record at all. Chiya's divination sure is accurate. Hmm so two teams passed while three forfeited eh. Tokie's attempt at not worrying about her daughter though was funny. And at least the team have managed to get through the maze and pass the test successfully. Man what a harrowing journey. Nina's reaction to her team passing though though certainly understandable. Tokie also smiling as well in seeing her daughter safe too. Well considering the trial and managing to pass it successfully being all dreamy and in a daze is to be expected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2017 10:16 PM

Jul 2015
This show has no right to end next week!!
The relaxing atmosphere and moe with some very subtle lewdness can't be taken away from me.
Plus, now we need to know what's the deal with all that Berserkerish-evil-demonic-tentacle-hands and Chiya's mom mystery.
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Mar 22, 2017 7:01 AM

Mar 2016
9 previous ep won't leave anything in my mind (i'm almost forgot anything). But the last two episode was great especially this one.
But maybe they will screw the last episode with another bunch of fanservices episode.
I hope the last episode will given some intense scene and build it together with fanservices

Mar 23, 2017 8:21 AM

Oct 2008
yey! they finally became 9th rank ura!
Chiya has inert powers of future perception!?
4/5.

Mar 23, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2009
Now we know a little bit of Chiya's mom.
Mar 23, 2017 6:01 PM

Jun 2013
What a nice episode. THEY PASSED!
One left
Apr 11, 2017 6:57 AM

Mar 2015
So we finally find out Chiya's divination and it was that black rabbit the whole time, nice nice
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 13, 2017 9:08 PM

May 2012
Lovely teamwork and great progression! Really do wonder what the last episode will offer.
Apr 15, 2017 2:58 AM

Dec 2012
I loved this episode. We learned more things about Chiya's past and she finally found Kurou :).
Nice teamwork, they could have ended the anime with this episode.
May 6, 2017 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode, it really capitalized on the previous anticipation and the dramatic arc was also well done.
Shame it's getting so good only towards the end.

And it seems her mother is imprisoned somewhere, most likely having broken the sacred tabu to not divine the gods. It also may be that Kuru is her mother curse. But we won't certainly get to know in this season.
Aug 27, 2017 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
Cyanwasserstoff said:
FlubberAnime said:

It was hinted a few episodes ago, that the black rabbit thing could be a god. And I have the same feeling as you. I think that Chiya is a half god and that Yami did betray the trust of the Gods by having a child with one of them. That would explain why they also hate Chiya that much that they would kill her.

mind blown

if that's the case hopefully kuro has a human form or yami has a fox form otherwise you know... bestiality :X

everything seemed too convenient but ain't gonna complain

one more ep, i like where its going
Aug 27, 2017 10:04 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
sirhcnil said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

mind blown

if that's the case hopefully kuro has a human form or yami has a fox form otherwise you know... bestiality :X

everything seemed too convenient but ain't gonna complain

one more ep, i like where its going

One thing for sure: Chiya is the child of an god and a human being. Her only existence is already the betrayal against the Gods. The only explanation is that her birth was already the betrayal.

One other theory is that Yami herself is a Goddess that uses her power and the power of the other Goddess for divining. It was not stated that the divining young woman have to be humans. In that case the father of Chiya may still be unknown and Kurou would be only a familiar of Yami to look after Chiya.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Where to start the manga

bezardo - Feb 7

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
Feb 7, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

93 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

48 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

45 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

64 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.