Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 23, 2017 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute, the girls get in their swimsuit gear this episode.

I actually thought the scene underwater felt pretty surreal like magic. I mean, this certainly something you don't see everyday:

Chiya got some good character moments this episode with her friends too.
Feb 23, 2017 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
The crabs at the like are really mischievous or they dislike swimsuits.
And Saki being angry at her unit was funny.
Kon and Chiya had a good conversation which was nice.
Feb 23, 2017 1:16 PM
Apr 2016
Where did you watch it?
I can't find it ;-:
Feb 24, 2017 7:34 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
GAWD, THIS IS SO FUCKING ADORABLE

*Insert "Shooting Stars" by Bag Raiders*
Feb 24, 2017 7:50 AM

Jan 2012
Swimsuits! Those crabs and fish had the right idea! XD With all of the swimsuit groping and Chiya's face licking of Kon and whatnot, the yurilicious levels were off the charts! XD Glad Kon didn't lose her powers. Nono looks lovely with her hair fully down. Love how her doll got a swimsuit too. XD
Feb 24, 2017 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, this episode was so adorable.

The girls looked lovely in their swimsuits, Kon and Chiya were the best. <3
Vixen Kon + Forbidden things = Win. <3
Also hats of to the crabs this episode. xD

Underwater Divination was pretty nice but it made Kon pretty depressed. :(

Chiya was adorable when she was trying to cheer Kon up, the lickings. <3 It's always nice to see how all the girls share such a tight knit friendship.
Pretty heartwarming moment when Kon's divination worked. :)
Feb 24, 2017 7:56 AM

Nov 2015
Underwater Divination looked amazing.

Feb 24, 2017 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
The "formidable foe" in this episode is the crab, for sure.
And that "monster" Kon and Chiya, that must another "god" of Urara, which means for now Chiya isn't the only one that had seen one.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 24, 2017 8:21 AM
Dec 2011
What a lovely episode this was!! I wonder what they really saw...
Feb 24, 2017 8:33 AM

Jan 2013
Yesterday I was looking for some good Kon X Chiya fanfiction, but little did I know that the best Kon X Chiya fiction would show up in the very next episode!

But OMG, that episode, that was just amazing. Not only did it have all the things that one comes to expect with a beach episode but it also used it to further the plot and develop the characters even more. This was an excellent example of blending moods together and executing it in flawless fashion. We get to have the happy and the more fanservicey where it fits before the show takes us to the more hard hitting material. And it comes naturally. It's not just like a plot point forced itself into the narrative and said "hey look at me!" It all flowed together until something bad that had worried Kon had happened. The flow of all of that was just incredible and it all worked together so smoothly.

And the scene between Kon and Chiya, wow that was some heavy hitting stuff. The development and information we've gotten about Kon over the past 7 episode really helps make this scene get more intense. How hard she tries and studies to be an urara really makes one know how much this matters to her. Although she doesn't really state it one has to imagine it also fueled her own insecuries to make it worse. Remember episode 5 where Chiya saw the god? Kon wasn't happy that she wasn't able to while Chiya could. Now she gets the feeling that she can only see them because of Chiya, and basically assumes that Chiya is special. Which is probably true but it probably hurts her inside. She was probably hurt inside in so many different ways by that. I feel bad for her. We see her trying to hard every episode, but sometimes that isn't enough. It's good that she stays an urara for now but I imagine those feelings just don't go away.

But luckily Chiya is there for her. Honestly if somewhere were to shove that scene into a romance anime and just played it like as it, it would be assumed that Chiya and Kon were either dating or were going to date. That wasn't friends level of help, that was soulmates level of help. Chiya was basically pledging that she would help her and be with her as long as she lived. She tried licking Kon's tears, although naive was a very symbolic way of how she felt and the passion she has. Meanwhile Chiya's kind words really got to Kon and was what was able to have her cheer up. They seemed to really touch Kon, more than what a couple of meaningless words could do.

It could have been the whole group. Koume and Nono reveal that they were aware and had been listening (although it could have been a lie.) But it's also likely that the two stopped to give Kon and Chiya their space. Likely because they could see what was happening between the two of them. I recall Koume's smug face when Chiya was talking about Kon potentially being her soulmate. I think she's caught wind of how the two feel about each other.

That was a really touching episode. It went for cute and silly to hard and heavy but each moment was so well done and just amazing. I really have to wonder why this isn't more popular. This show isn't just cute girls and nothing else, there is some pretty deep and heartwarming moments that happen between the girls. Moments that I wish happened more often in other shows. This has been a magical ride so far. I don't want it to end.
Feb 24, 2017 9:20 AM

Jun 2015
The girls look cute in their swimsuits. The crabs snipping off the strings was funny. Underwater Divination was cool, but it freaked out Kon. She thought she lost her powers. Chiya was adorable cheering up Kon. They had a good moment. Nice to see the girls support each other. I'm glad Kon didn't loose her powers.
Feb 24, 2017 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
Damn I didn't expect this episode to get so serious. This was a really good episode though, the roof scene at the end got me a little teary eyed. It still gave me a lot of laughs, Kon and Chiya are so cute <3
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 24, 2017 10:41 AM

Mar 2015
Everyone knows Kon is the one to be praised, and licked

Feb 24, 2017 12:23 PM

Dec 2014
Holy shit that god stuff or whatever was actually kind of creepy. Didn't expect this type of stuff from a moeblob, especially in its BEACH EPISODE of all things. (And the beach antics were neat too I guess)
Feb 24, 2017 1:15 PM

Sep 2016
GODDAMNIT THIS ANIME IS JUST WAY TOO GOOD

kon is getting cuter and cuter XD

chiya x kon is getting lewder and lewder XD

cant stop grinning XD
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 24, 2017 1:59 PM

Feb 2016
5/5. Really liked how they gave the traditional beach episode an interesting twist.

The crabs were definitely the MVP of the episode.
Feb 24, 2017 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
Kon melted my heart!! Especially that last KOOOONN ^^

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Feb 24, 2017 3:00 PM

Oct 2013
Ep 8 was especially hilarious for me personally. I'm here at a cafe so I can use their free WiFI (I'm cheap) and every time a crab snips a strap another customer will walk by and stare at the screen on my laptop. Ha ha ha. I'm a little shocked no one accused me of watching hentai in public.
Feb 24, 2017 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
That was another fun episode.

Lol at the crabs. Saku shenanigans happened with her comrades instead of the girls this time.

the underwater scene was pretty fascinating.

I like how the girls are really good friends and support one another when they need it.
Feb 24, 2017 5:03 PM

May 2015
This was like the perfect episode, I loved it! Chiya and Kon's moment was absolutely adorable <3!

Feb 24, 2017 5:40 PM

Nov 2013
this episode was adorable like always
chiya and kon = nice duo, koume likes to tease too lol

but...8/12 episodes and they are still rank 10, will they randomly get a promotion to rank 1 on episode 12? or will we have more seasons? =O
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 24, 2017 6:04 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was awesome. That monster scene reminded me of Madoka Magica. Lots of cute shots during the water spring scene as well as interesting new stuff with Kon and Chiya.. Mine and probably everyone elses ship o3o

I really hope that they do some sort of love confession... That'd be so awesome.

My only worry with this show is that the girls aren't really progressing with their training at becoming better Uraras...
JokucFeb 24, 2017 6:09 PM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Feb 24, 2017 7:01 PM

Sep 2015
THANK YOU KOUME, BLESS YOU FOR MAID KON swimsuit ver.!!!!

I like Koume's little swimsuit tie, first time I've seen that. Ghost or Gods, who knows, but those were creepy.
Looks like Kon's embracing that inner Kitsune of hers with that howl at the end. KON!!
Feb 25, 2017 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
Lewd said:

THIS TASTE... IS THE TASTE OF A LIAR... KON TATSUMI!!!

Just kidding. But anyway...

obligatory fanservice episode, I think? Things got lewder, thanks to the crabs. Lel

Is it a running gag already for Kon to wear a maid-theme / ninja-theme outfit? Hahaha

2nd half seemed so serious, but I understand Kon's hardships...

HOOOOOOOWL!! Hahahaha

But anyway lets feast our eyes on these. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Feb 25, 2017 2:35 AM

Nov 2011
Kon licking episode is nice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 25, 2017 5:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That rooftop scene was wonderful.
Feb 25, 2017 5:42 AM

Feb 2007
Oi, Kon, are you absolutely sure you're not actually a fox?
Feb 25, 2017 7:52 AM

Aug 2015

This screencap makes for such a good avatar..
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Feb 25, 2017 9:11 AM

Jun 2016
Best episode yet, really liked how it got a bit emotional.
Feb 25, 2017 9:23 AM

May 2014
Its a great episode and Thank you Koume for making that swimsuit for Kon

ChiyaXKon moment again I really love that

Those crabs have my respect they know what to cut xD

Chiya comforting her is pretty good bonding moments

Kon howling Kawaiii
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2017 10:07 AM
Dec 2016
I want Chiya to lick me tbh.
Feb 25, 2017 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
This is a real gem <3
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 25, 2017 11:50 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode. Absolutely love Chiya & Kon's more private conversations together. I wish this was yuri and I wish they hooked up ;__;
I'm really looking forward to more on Chiya's mom though. Hopefully we get some stuff about her before the series ends, since I don't think the manga's being translated.
Feb 25, 2017 1:15 PM
Jul 2015
kowalski_1123 said:
Lewd said:

THIS TASTE... IS THE TASTE OF A LIAR... KON TATSUMI!!!

Is that A JoJo Reference?
Feb 25, 2017 2:32 PM

Oct 2015
Oh my gosh, chiya licking Kox XD
Feb 25, 2017 6:09 PM

May 2012
Amazing episode. This anime is one of the best of this season that's for sure.

Fircoal said:
Yesterday I was looking for some good Kon X Chiya fanfiction, but little did I know that the best Kon X Chiya fiction would show up in the very next episode!

But OMG, that episode, that was just amazing. Not only did it have all the things that one comes to expect with a beach episode but it also used it to further the plot and develop the characters even more. This was an excellent example of blending moods together and executing it in flawless fashion. We get to have the happy and the more fanservicey where it fits before the show takes us to the more hard hitting material. And it comes naturally. It's not just like a plot point forced itself into the narrative and said "hey look at me!" It all flowed together until something bad that had worried Kon had happened. The flow of all of that was just incredible and it all worked together so smoothly.

And the scene between Kon and Chiya, wow that was some heavy hitting stuff. The development and information we've gotten about Kon over the past 7 episode really helps make this scene get more intense. How hard she tries and studies to be an urara really makes one know how much this matters to her. Although she doesn't really state it one has to imagine it also fueled her own insecuries to make it worse. Remember episode 5 where Chiya saw the god? Kon wasn't happy that she wasn't able to while Chiya could. Now she gets the feeling that she can only see them because of Chiya, and basically assumes that Chiya is special. Which is probably true but it probably hurts her inside. She was probably hurt inside in so many different ways by that. I feel bad for her. We see her trying to hard every episode, but sometimes that isn't enough. It's good that she stays an urara for now but I imagine those feelings just don't go away.

But luckily Chiya is there for her. Honestly if somewhere were to shove that scene into a romance anime and just played it like as it, it would be assumed that Chiya and Kon were either dating or were going to date. That wasn't friends level of help, that was soulmates level of help. Chiya was basically pledging that she would help her and be with her as long as she lived. She tried licking Kon's tears, although naive was a very symbolic way of how she felt and the passion she has. Meanwhile Chiya's kind words really got to Kon and was what was able to have her cheer up. They seemed to really touch Kon, more than what a couple of meaningless words could do.

It could have been the whole group. Koume and Nono reveal that they were aware and had been listening (although it could have been a lie.) But it's also likely that the two stopped to give Kon and Chiya their space. Likely because they could see what was happening between the two of them. I recall Koume's smug face when Chiya was talking about Kon potentially being her soulmate. I think she's caught wind of how the two feel about each other.

That was a really touching episode. It went for cute and silly to hard and heavy but each moment was so well done and just amazing. I really have to wonder why this isn't more popular. This show isn't just cute girls and nothing else, there is some pretty deep and heartwarming moments that happen between the girls. Moments that I wish happened more often in other shows. This has been a magical ride so far. I don't want it to end.

I agree with you. This episode was so well done, everything was great and the episode went from silly fun times to serious stuff so smoothly. It's a pity not many animes can manage things like that.

i also wonder how this anime has such a low score. I know that this anime is not for the masses, but so far it has executed everything so amazingly well. Probably the people who gave it a low score were those who just watched the first episode and thought it was boring or had too much fanservice (although it didn't have).

Such an underrated anime. It goes to show how MAL's score are not reliable and shouldn't be taken too seriously.
I despise woke people.
Feb 25, 2017 6:17 PM

May 2012
@kowalski_1123 Please dude use the tag spoiler next time you use this many images.
I despise woke people.
Feb 25, 2017 7:44 PM

Jan 2016
the ghosts wanted their lifeforce

Feb 26, 2017 6:20 AM

Jan 2013
Koume's bikinis are the best bikinis xD Especially the one that Kon was wearing, that maid bikini <3

@kowalski_1123
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 26, 2017 6:27 AM

Jan 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
GAWD, THIS IS SO FUCKING ADORABLE

*Insert "Shooting Stars" by Bag Raiders*

hahahahahahahha omg yes hahahaha someone do a vídeo please xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 26, 2017 1:38 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
interesting and funny episode as always.

So a hot spring episode eh
Still the girls have been studying pretty hard lately so this trip to the forest hot springs was a great idea to relieve them and give them a chance to rest. Man the girls all look cute in their swimsuits. Kon's though looks like a stripped down maid outfit in the form of a swimsuit though lol. Just like Chiya to not let clothing constrain her lol. Lol Chiya's natural enemy are crabs eh. Nono's doll can be terrifying sometimes though lol.

Lol Koume and Kon sure are having fun there. Both have developed some eh. It seems Saki and her subordinates had the same idea then eh. Man those crabs sure are pesky eh. Its nice to be able to rest once in a while though and even Kon agrees with this as well lol. I actually thought that Kon wanted to do something dirty at first lol. But it was instead a forbidden divination technique eh. Hmm while it does seem useful its risky if the partner isn't comparable eh. Plus the obvious threat of drowning. Kon sure has a lot of things that she wants to do with others eh. Comes from being alone most of the time i guess. Nono is still stuck eh lol. Chiya and kon get along pretty well so it makes sense that it will work for them. Hmm gazing in they see gods in the form of squids eh. That must have been shocking to Kon. Seems that has disturbed kon somewhat though.

Now she's being bothered by the gods that she has disturbed eh.
Techniques are forbidden for a reason you know. Since they were linked it would make sense that Chiya would have seen those gods as well. Still its nice that Chiya is able to see that Kon is not her usual self. Hmm since gods can be of any shape it stands to reason that they can be the gods. So Chiya has the power to see the god then eh and that they have now broken that taboo by seeing the gods in their true form eh. To think that Kon has broken this by doing that seance though. The consequences of that for Kon will be quite severe though as she will lose her powers and at the same time not be able to be with Chiya and the rest anymore. Chiya's way of calming Kon down was cute. Still this matter is having quite a large impact on Kon though. And its sad to see this really. Still its nice to see Chiya's bond and loyalty to Kon is so strong though. Its nice to see that both Nono and Koume having heard the discussion are also willing to help apologise to the gods as well. Great example of friendship there. Its nice to see them all worry about Kon though. Koume's idea though is just an excuse for a midnight snack lol.

Well thats one way of confirming whether your powers are still here. Koume's method sure hits the point. Its nice to see the girls confidence in Kon though and their willingness to help her. Its nice to see that after that scare that Kon has not in fact lost her powers though. Still having ghosts instead of gods is kinda worst right. In the end they all ended up having a midnight snack lol. Friendship is amazing sometimes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2017 9:32 PM

Sep 2014
PITA to do this one. Damn scroll scenes always throw the alignment process out of whack. Don't get me started on trying to clean up the background.

She's always got to be different.....lol

As always, I like to keep it big. Open in a new tab to get the best view.
Feb 27, 2017 9:33 PM

Sep 2014
AivanK said:
Koume's bikinis are the best bikinis xD Especially the one that Kon was wearing, that maid bikini <3

Check what I just posted. I managed to capture the entire thing. Think you might like it.
Feb 27, 2017 11:09 PM
Sep 2016
Tired episode from a tired show. I really thought it was going somewhere with the underwater divining thing but my hopes were dashed a couple minutes later. I get that this is a cutesy little show, and maybe I'm overthinking it, but every episode seems like it wants to try and do good things but just falls flat for me. This show wants to be good but just isn't. From the boring and forced fanservice in the beginning (which did the show's favorite tactic of completely beating a joke into the ground) to the abrupt change in pace to the melodrama on the roof, I felt like it was a chore to get through this. Chiya had a great episode, I'll give it that. But Kon is like watching a wooden board try and make you feel some sort of emotion, Nono just kills me with her crippling generic-ness, and the Yazawa Nico lookalike who's name I never remember is just kind of... there. Usually to help facilitate the next bit of fanservice. Maybe I'm over analyzing this show but I was super stoked when the spirits came out only to be disappointed with the way the show used that particular plot device. There's show's about nothing, which is done well by things like Nichijou, Nichibros, and Seinfeld. And then there's shows about NOTHING, which is exactly what Urara seems to me so far, and with only 4 more episodes left (5? idk if it's 12 or 13) it doesn't really seem like anything is going to change. Oh well, not trying to be an angry old man, just getting some thoughts off my chest.
Feb 28, 2017 9:46 AM
Mar 2012
Aww so romantic Chiya x Kon's underwater scene & full moon talk (& licking).
Interesting more mysteries on monsters/ghosts, but their taking sweet time getting their ranks.
What did the fox say? Kon! (thought of that flying witch scene too lol)
Feb 28, 2017 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
It's impossible to watch this and not ship Kon and Chiya!!!
Feb 28, 2017 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
Fredo_p said:

Check what I just posted. I managed to capture the entire thing. Think you might like it.

Oh yes i like it xD Thank you ;)

Mar 1, 2017 6:04 AM

Nov 2011
A classic episode, disguised as something else, but the goal is clear, however, forgive this little sin, seen what happens after. The plot advances and growth of interpersonal relationships is very clear, still satisfied with the way things are going. Drawings and animations, very good, the gags are nice and the girls are always so cute and funny in their actions.
Mar 1, 2017 11:05 AM

Dec 2009
The yuri is strong with this episode, wowie. That linking, always gewd.

They do a good job of casually making these girls look very luscious...

Well this was an eventful episode, lots of cute, and even sudden major developments! That water thing was definitely interesting.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 3, 2017 7:43 AM

Oct 2008
This is the most serious episode because Kon was scared of something but she was relieved because of her friends supporting her & the advise Kokkuri Kokkuri thingy helped her bring her spirits back!.
4/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Where to start the manga

bezardo - Feb 7

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
Feb 7, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

93 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

59 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

48 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

45 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.