Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2017 6:19 AM

Dec 2013
Rebelhero said:
Alhakam said:
@TehSnawn
Thank you for the GIF man
Here is a cute pic of the lovely twin

This show is so pure, I love it.
I was so worried it was just going to be Panty shots and accidental boob grabs all over. Also, its actually better than the manga, which is super surprising to me. They use a lot of the little scenes, then expand them to link the story together in places where it had gaps.
This is so the sleeper hit for 2017 for me.

Totally agree with you, specially in this episode when hikari was sleeping in the toilet she was totally decent , normally in other anime she will be sitting there with her panty down ..for that reason I get mad when some one compare it to " monsters musume" and sadly some of them are famous YouTuber
the most decent toilet scene in animes ever!!!
AlhakamFeb 12, 2017 6:43 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2017 8:58 AM

Apr 2015
Wait, are Hikari's parent vampires too?? they seem normal, though...
if the family are normal, why only Hikari is vampire?? is it RNG stuff?? lol
oh right they changed the Yuki's scene on OP... nice

some new face on the next episode... can't wait...
Feb 12, 2017 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
michaelh19 said:
Wait, are Hikari's parent vampires too?? they seem normal, though...
if the family are normal, why only Hikari is vampire?? is it RNG stuff?? lol
oh right they changed the Yuki's scene on OP... nice

some new face on the next episode... can't wait...

Takahshi sensei explained it befour, that Demi's are the result of mutations, so they don't not inherit it from the family, and even twins have very low chance to be both Demi like hikari and himari
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2017 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was perfection!
Hikari is the cutest thing!
Feb 12, 2017 5:50 PM

Jan 2014
Am I the only one seriously creeped out by all the touching between the high-school girls and their teacher or..?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 12, 2017 6:26 PM

Oct 2016
himari and hikari are very cute together and that little emotional moment to himari proves that she really care about her sister .. nice episode ..
Feb 12, 2017 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode, probably one of the best.
Hikari & Himari best sisters xD
So Hikari sleeps sometimes with her head in the fridge? hahah
This episode was very funny, i laughed way too much xD
That mirror part was epic xD So much drama/feels for nothing hahah
This anime is soo good, i'm loving it so much!!!
Takahashi-sensei is the best teacher ever.

Those faces xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 13, 2017 12:57 AM

Nov 2009
2gatsu said:
is there any explanation about Kyouko's head. can it attached to her body, or not?

No, there is no good explanation. Or maybe there is, but sensei already knows it and doesn't ask.
Given the weird ways the flame behaves and feels, I guess Kyouko can't put her head in its usual place comfortably, even if she were to use some neck reinforcement to keep it there.

rikuhod said:
I wonder whether vampires are immortal in this series?? cus how can she be a vampire with human parents??

Melcookie96 said:
I'm a bit curious as to how being a vampire is done. Is it hereditary? Or does just happen randomly during birth? Both Hikari's parents seem normal. It just got me thinking.

Genetics is pretty crazy in this setting. Just like a child can be born as an albino in real world, a child can be born as a vampire in their setting.
About the only "scientific" theory I can propose is that some kind of retroviruses exist in the setting. Getting infected with one at an early stage of development means having major changes to DNA and being born with radically different biology. I guess people's immune systems at later stages of development can protect them from it.

I doubt vampires are immortal in this setting, but given what crazy stuff dullahans do, they might be.
Feb 13, 2017 11:33 AM

Apr 2016
Still the most lovely and fun show of the season. Absolutely loving it!
Feb 13, 2017 12:45 PM

Oct 2015
I've just noticed, they have steaming horse in the opening with the succubus sensei :D

Feb 14, 2017 9:45 AM
Mar 2016
Boring..........this is now becoming a chore.........
Feb 14, 2017 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
Thumbs up for happy Yuki in the opening.
After Himaris comment in an earlier episode I was afraid that their parents were not cool with Hikari being a vampire, but it appears they are actually pretty good parents.
Feb 14, 2017 9:56 AM
Mar 2016
even anime about demi this is very humanism lol

i wonder what a relate horse with succubus in opening?
Feb 14, 2017 4:25 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Super cute episode again this week. It was great to see Hiakri's parents for the first time.

While the sisterly love is cute, their back and forth got old pretty quick.
Feb 14, 2017 6:46 PM

Jun 2008
This anime has some nice elements and nice characters, but holy crap it's pretty boring if NOTHING is going on.

Maybe it's because I haven't watched Slice of Life in awhile?

I don't know.

I just feel like NOTHING is happening and it's kinda frustrating cuz I like the characters and the fact that they are "Monster girls".
Feb 15, 2017 7:47 AM
Nov 2016
The relationship between the polar opposite twins is sooooo cute. Also, it seems like The scuubus might actually have serious feelings for Takahashi.

Machi is as cute as ever but they're not showing much of Yuuki...
Feb 15, 2017 2:22 PM

Feb 2008
Ah, Hikari's great vampire intelligence... Even that doesn't offer Himari much solace...

I liked how the show shed some light on the inconveniences the family members of demis face. It adds more depth to the story. Of course, it also provides some excellent chances for comedic relief.

Sensei's self-control hasn't wavered...
Feb 16, 2017 9:23 PM

May 2015
Great episode as always... and like I assumed, they did adapt chapters 3 and 24 together (plus chapter 23).

Loved the anime original additions. It expanded those scenes from those chapters and made them a lot better. Like, for example, the scene with Hikari’s mom (that was a pretty good one), or the one with Hikari taking a selfie with sensei. In any case, there weren’t such scenes in the manga.

The sister’s bond between Hikari and Himari is strong and adorable. Himari really cares about Hikari.

The scene with Machi patting Tetsuo’s head was pretty funny (awkward for him though). Plus I love what Tetsuo says at the very end.

Tetsuo (with a content-look while raining): “...at times speaking isn’t necessary...”

I also thought it was neat how they changed Yuki’s animation sequence in the OP. A small change, but thoughtful and neat nevertheless. This is the type of stuff that tell me that the production staff cares about what they are doing.

Next episode will be more about Sakie... and Kurt and Ugaki-san’s introduction. That should be fun.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Feb 17, 2017 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
Gotta love how they changed Yuki's part in the opening.

The Takanashi siblings have an awesome rapport, and I love it.

Now I'm curious about the parents of Kyouko and Yuki, and about what they think of their demi children.

Next episode, Succubus-sensei on the spotlight
Feb 18, 2017 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
It was a shrewd move, to use the Hikari family, often in the narratives, this point remains a residual side of the story, however, on this occasion, emphasizes indirectly the characters of the two sisters, and on the other hand, broadens narrative horizons. The narrative rhythm is slower, but it's fun all the same. Drawings and animations, are of sufficient quality. From the promo we understand that the teacher, will star in the next episode, finally!

TehSnawn said:
Alhakam said:

I'm happy they changed the op specially for yuki :))) some one GIF IT PLZ

Found it on Tumblr. Here you gooo

The opening is gold!
Feb 19, 2017 9:04 AM

Jul 2009
It's not easy to have an vampire electric sister
Feb 19, 2017 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
Omg I LOVED the first half watching Hikari and Himari interact :D They are so close! That's nice to see haha. Poor Himari though I guess having an older sister like that is kind of troublesome ... well, I guess she was worried for nothing in the end though :P Nice to see the parents getting to know each other, the Hikari's dad coming to pick up Machi was pretty nice. I laughed so hard at Takahashi NOT being asleep but Machi thinking he was ... omg haha he must have felt so awkward XD The little scene with Satou was good too, looks like next episode we get to see her past as well? :O I'll be looking forward to that :D
Feb 23, 2017 5:51 AM

Mar 2013
The sibling relationship b/w Hikari and Himari was adorable to watch.

Also, the scene of Machi with sensei tho XD
Feb 23, 2017 10:17 AM

Oct 2008
oh!....sensei is so lucky - succubus Satou Sakie likes him!
4/5.

Feb 24, 2017 1:02 AM

Mar 2009
Oh, man. They're such good sisters. ;__;
Mar 3, 2017 7:08 AM

Sep 2016
damn this was the most boring episode ive seen in a long time.
shame this anime gets worse every episode since pretty much ep 2, this was my most hyped series at one point
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 4, 2017 8:10 PM
Jun 2016
sensei looked so happy at the end, what a guy

Mar 19, 2017 10:00 AM

Feb 2015
Really sweet episode, love Hikari's relationship with her sister, so cute. And a stay-at-home dad is nice to see in anime, Madoka Magica is the only other example of this I can think of.
Mar 20, 2017 5:10 AM

Apr 2015
Such A Nice Episode!
Apr 1, 2017 12:28 PM

May 2012
Some more great character development! Let's see what's next.
Apr 11, 2017 4:04 PM

Oct 2012
Another wonderful episode. It was really heartwarming showing us how Himari cares about Hikari and Sensei also got his regular dose of surprises.
Loving the way how succubus is falling in love with Sensei more and more :)

They are monsters but yet their daily troubles are the same as everyone else's. This series really does something right.
Apr 18, 2017 8:21 AM

Apr 2015
Female sensei was about to tell Male sensei something hmm. Anyway the sister relationship is really cute!
May 16, 2017 6:17 AM

Mar 2015
This show warms my chilly heart. Loving it!

Just great characters, great building of said characters and great interactions between them all
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 1, 2017 12:46 AM

Dec 2015
Hikari and Himari have such a sweet family, even though their screen time was only half of the episode, I still liked them very much.

Takahashi-sensei is certainly going through a lot xD
joe_g7Jun 1, 2017 6:21 PM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 1, 2017 12:37 PM

Sep 2014
Cute episode! I really liked Hikari's and Himari's sisterly bonds. Himari is strict yet worries a lot for her sister, while Hikari is a silly and carefree genki. Their parents looks like nice people, too. It's nice to see their dad helping Machi, too. He also dyed his hair in order to make Hikari feel less different. Himari did this, too. :D
Looks like we'll get flashbacks about Satou-sensei and new characters in the next episode. Interesting.
Jul 29, 2017 3:05 AM

Aug 2013
The first half was really fun and cute, another great episode
Check out my epic? youtube channel yo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtS2LcQwcqpHyQGXekGDGVA
Sep 3, 2017 3:34 PM

Feb 2013
It was really heartwarming, I'm glad that their parents are friends now.
The sisters are amazing.
Lol, that head patting was cute.
Nov 26, 2017 9:54 PM

Oct 2012
Why did no one talking about the dad?
What a dad! Househusband aka stay at home dad, 8man's dream job xD

Hikari just have a really nice family, she's really lucky having them as family

Himari and Hikari are lovely together, they care about each other

Finally MC that can read the atmosphere! Imagine if he woke up immediately when she's patting his head xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 27, 2017 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
ah its funny how Sakie think he is immune to her that could lead to trouble in a comedic way XD

but she should go for it she is way 2scared of her power like Yuki was & i bet its not as big of a deal cause i think her power only effects u know what makes guy's horny but that & love are 2 different things despite being related so she shouldn't be scared well at least with him
Sugram22Nov 27, 2017 12:30 PM
Dec 6, 2017 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
At least we got a bit of Satou this time, though the other girls are also fun to watch. It was nice to see a bit more about the families behind the demis as well :3
May 1, 2018 8:21 PM

Jan 2018
Machi petting Tetsuo's head while he's awake. That's ridiculously funny in a very awkward way. Hahaha

May 17, 2018 8:16 AM

Apr 2015
before it was head puns now its blood punts. my blood is boiling on the fact that my head can't keep up
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 23, 2018 1:54 PM

May 2015
Sisters love is so pure :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 18, 2018 12:10 PM

Apr 2015
Why do I suspect Sakie is going to ask Mr. Takahashi on a date, thinking they're on an equal playing field, while Mr. Takahashi has to hide the fact he's hard as a rock the whole time?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 26, 2020 7:45 AM
Jun 2013
wow she must be a really annoying sister and I guess non of their parents are vamps. Must have been really odd to have a vamp daughter out of no where. Also lol at the boob test. It sure is a good thing she cant tell when a guy is about to have a heart attack or a boner.
souledge94Feb 26, 2020 7:56 AM
Feb 26, 2020 7:55 PM

Sep 2018
Are you telling me after how many years of living together, the topic of "can you see yourself in the mirror" NEVER come up? Even once? Still, another adorable episode regardless. I'm liking this show a lot.
Nov 27, 2022 3:34 PM

Oct 2022
I find it interesting how I have trouble defining Machi as a single person. She keeps coming off as two people especially when both halves are doing entirely different things.

It's like she's remote controlling her body from the table.
Sep 4, 2023 1:19 AM

Jul 2019
I love Yuki's new intro part, especially her determined face. Adorable!

Anyway, this whole anime is so sweet and soothing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 27, 5:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.