Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jan 18, 2017 4:09 PM

Oct 2012
Stupid, gimmicky, ugly, but not boring. I wonder how the "loli" can carry it.
Jan 20, 2017 10:58 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Nice, an evil and badass loli MC, something I need to see for once.

This is like the better version of Strike Witches with all that cruel skirmishes around and multi countries war

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 25, 2017 5:49 PM

Mar 2016
Great episode for the start of this anime. I got hooked instantly! (lol) but not on that cover tho.
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Jan 26, 2017 12:05 AM

Aug 2012
After watching Aoi voice act Clementine from Overlord I've been waiting for her to voice act another crazy character. Even better the crazy character is a main this time :D

Great first episode. Voice acting was as expected. Sending the two soldiers to that disobeyed Tanya to a pillbox to be killed was evil lol.
Jan 27, 2017 3:10 AM

Sep 2009
Getting those two killed behind closed doors makes her seem more spiteful than I made her out to be, but I guess it can be interesting in its own way.
Jan 27, 2017 5:19 PM

Feb 2013
While bad in some ways... it was quite cool and enjoyable in others.
Evil magic loli... what's not to like?
Jan 28, 2017 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
What's better than the average loli?

A blonde loli.

What's better than a blonde loli?

An evil blonde loli.
Jan 30, 2017 8:08 AM

Sep 2016
already saw ep1-2 but i just noticed the dub for this is already up so i checked it out and its pretty good. probably gonna wait for the dub on each episode, have a lot to watch anyway so i can wait.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Jan 31, 2017 4:40 AM

Jul 2007
Animation style and art changing all the time which was annoying.
Feb 5, 2017 8:18 PM

Sep 2012
-most impressive ,loving the vibes.
Tanya's voice sounds so familiar , but great ep
Feb 6, 2017 10:34 AM

Aug 2012
hgeronimo said:
It's was ok, nothing special.

My main problem was Tanya's voice. it's pretty annoying. don't know if i can get used to it.

Yes,her "chuunibyou like voice" was very annoying. I can't take her seriously because of it.
Feb 10, 2017 1:12 PM
Sep 2015
After reading some chapters of the manga, I decided to watch this.

Tanya seems like a really good Christian. I mean, she prays to the Lord before she kills people, lol.
Feb 12, 2017 8:07 AM

Apr 2014
Horrible character design, I'm disgusted.
Feb 19, 2017 10:00 PM
Feb 2017
Mh ... I thought id seen it all

clearly not

half-chibi kawai & tsundere flying nazi mages mixed with different drawstyle

maybe it gets better after eps 1 if it does im sure ill feel the hype
Feb 20, 2017 4:40 AM

Dec 2014
As i keep coming across Military anime and police anime, i realize that I actually like them a lot!

I'm very interested In this character and can't wait to see what her goals are and how she performs with a powerful opponent.

That face at the end, wow! Been a while Since I've been excited for a war anime.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Mar 1, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2009
Tanya is just a kid but very powerful and evil!
Mar 2, 2017 1:24 PM

May 2014
Wow, that was a quite intense ep. On first thought i thought it were a war anime without anime fiction. But I loved that they mixed with fiction and magic. Pretty intense and epic beginning.

I love this Tanya commander as a cute kido, but as the same merciless. How she handled those soldiers were pure evilness. I wonder how the upper commando will take this once they find out. Hahha, I guess it's not Viktoriya's ideal person anymore. :P
Mar 4, 2017 3:06 PM
Apr 2014
Interesting start. Although I have to say that final scene was not necessary. Would have been enough to cut off before that weird grin >.>

The situation itself was kinda hilarious though. I guess that's what they get for disobeying twice. Should have just taken the flight back after disobeying once. Also the decapitation was nicely done, the whole fight was tbh. If the battles are more than people shooting at each other (even if it is magic...) then this might be my favorite action source this season.
Mar 7, 2017 8:50 AM

Apr 2010
just watched episode 1 today. i like how badass but keep playing safe type of main character. very interesting :D
and Aoi Yuuki my fav loli VA.
(her voice is kinda annoying for the first time listener of her voice, happened to me in madoka magica, but after get used to it, she become one of my fav.
Throaty and rough version of hanakana.)
8/10
espuatMar 7, 2017 8:56 AM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamyukito.animehardcorequiz
Yuki Nagato - Kana Hanazawa - Kamiya Hiroshi - Hiroyuki Sawano - Kajiura Yuki - Kyoto Animation - SHAFT - ufotable
Mar 16, 2017 9:52 AM

Dec 2012
Now where have I seen that smug smile before...

Damn what a start. Sieg Heil Lolitler.

Edit: Although looking at the art comparisons, I prefer the novel's by miles. It's easier on the eyes but still brings out that "she's so evil" look perfectly. In anime she looks like that creepy ass Halloween doll.
ZekkenshinMar 16, 2017 9:56 AM
Mar 25, 2017 8:00 AM

May 2016
I hope the glorious french republic will beat the Empire
Apr 1, 2017 6:49 PM

Apr 2013
darklord213 said:
Zefyris said:

You realize that... The cast of seiyuu in this anime is gorgeous right? You're calling peoples like Aoi Yuuki bad voice actors? xD
aoi yuuki is a bad voice actor though

learn to speak japanese and come back after that.
and while you're at it learn to edit your post. spamming like that is bad manner and against the rules.
Apr 1, 2017 7:40 PM

Oct 2014
darklord213 said:
Revvie-chan said:
Tanya Degurechaff... a pure villain protagonist.
No more of those anti-hero wannabe bullshit? Hopefully. I love anti-hero, but tbh they've overused the troupe and corrupted its coolness.

ps.: btw wtf with the people complaining about Yuuki Aoi's voicing? Holyshit her voicing on Tanya is amazing!
An anti-villain is an antagonist with some positive or heroic qualities. This could mean the villain possesses a "good" code of ethics that conflict but ultimately don't deter their villainous desires, or it could be someone willing to do terrible things to achieve a positive end thats what tanya is

I was wrong in that post.
Tanya in the end isn't a pure villain protagonist like I meant, but just another anti-hero, or maybe even closer to a tragic hero, instead.
your second explanation fits Tanya more, though "positive end" here should be instead translated as "her ideals."
Good, bad, postive, negative, are all a matter of perspectives. And even a god has perspective. (else how the hell can it be omniscient?)

That doesn't change how much I love Tanya as a character, though.

Actually, now she's one of my all time fav.
To be able to be that close, to be only one step away from true understanding of the concept of a god, and still able to hate the bastard... very moe <3
She's unlike those other bs villain or anti-villain who claimed they hate something but fail to understand the true nature of that very thing(s).
She hates bcs she sees conceptually differently, and the ending (of the anime, I haven't read the LN this far, tbh) made it so that she'll uphold that believe to the very end, and with full understanding of what she believes in, what the other choices truly are, and what is the consequence to stay true.

ps.: and nah now she's definitely not a villain. We people believe in different things than those who claim "master of all things." If that make us wrong, then we shall be wrong until we're right.
Revvie-chanApr 1, 2017 7:43 PM
Apr 1, 2017 11:13 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
darklord213 said:
Tokoya said:
This is the funniest and most obvious bait that this thread has seen all day lol

>One Dimensional.
>Top lel
but its true though cant denie that look at overlord mahouka there the same as youjo senki
I'm not gonna waste my time again, watch it all the way and be enlightened
Apr 7, 2017 2:19 AM

Apr 2015
Pretty good start, hope I'll get used to the art soon lol. I like the badass loli so I guess I'll continue watching this.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 7, 2017 11:15 AM

May 2012
That sure was quite the intense first episode! Pretty impressive setting and combination of usual War + Magic! Also loving the fact that one of the main is voiced by Yuuki Aoi :3 really lovely to hear her voice from time to time!

Well I sure am looking forward to see what this anime has to offer!
Apr 8, 2017 4:19 PM

Jun 2015
Take notes, anime directors. Get a good long look at what can be done without CGI.
Apr 26, 2017 3:06 AM

Aug 2012
I liked it, adding magic to this era of warfare is a fun idea and it came together nicely.

Have to admit despite the disclaimer of fictional places and peoples etc the fact we are essentially following the Germans in this time period is bothering me quite abit. I would have rather they had just made it completely fictional. I mean yeah they aren't Nazi's but it's hard to feel sympathetic towards the main characters we're following when they represent Germany in the same time period. I'm finding far too difficult right now to divorce the reality from this fictional version.

The art design was abit weird, the eyes on both the main females seem disproportionate even for Anime. Also the fact that Tanya is this tiny girl didn't blend as well as I hoped, when the two guys are arguing with her it just looked pretty dumb.

Anyway I liked enough of what I saw to continue and hopefully after a few episodes I can accept the fact we are following the Germans in this, hopefully as right now it doesn't sit right with me.
Apr 26, 2017 3:58 AM

Apr 2013
blaizevincent said:
I liked it, adding magic to this era of warfare is a fun idea and it came together nicely.

Have to admit despite the disclaimer of fictional places and peoples etc the fact we are essentially following the Germans in this time period is bothering me quite abit. I would have rather they had just made it completely fictional. I mean yeah they aren't Nazi's but it's hard to feel sympathetic towards the main characters we're following when they represent Germany in the same time period. I'm finding far too difficult right now to divorce the reality from this fictional version.

The art design was abit weird, the eyes on both the main females seem disproportionate even for Anime. Also the fact that Tanya is this tiny girl didn't blend as well as I hoped, when the two guys are arguing with her it just looked pretty dumb.

Anyway I liked enough of what I saw to continue and hopefully after a few episodes I can accept the fact we are following the Germans in this, hopefully as right now it doesn't sit right with me.

germany at that time period wasn't nazi.
Apr 26, 2017 4:12 AM

Aug 2012
Zefyris said:
blaizevincent said:

germany at that time period wasn't nazi.

Exactly? no but the general time period was what I was referring too. Anyway doesn't matter episode 2 fixed any issues I was having and allowed me to divorce the reality from the fictional version presented. Which is great because it bothered me more that I personally was unable to divorce it for the first episode. It's not something I've struggled with before in fiction but in this case I did annoyingly but like I say episode 2 fixed that issue for me so now I can just get on to enjoying this cool show.
May 21, 2017 9:53 AM

May 2013
Ooouuuu~ we already got to see Tanya's evil smile this first episode :) Noice.
Jun 15, 2017 2:51 AM

Jun 2013
Can't take this shit seriously. As if lolis in a serious militer themed anime is not enough cringe inducing, Tanya's voice is also annoying as fuck. God my ears.
Jul 17, 2017 8:01 PM

Jul 2013
A sadistic ruthless loli who's not used as fanservice to cater to pedos? Count me in! But look at those eyes though.
Jul 25, 2017 9:17 PM

May 2016
I don't know if it's the awesomeness of this first episode, my love for anime or my childhood watching WW2 documentaries but I'm pretty sure it's a very well-blend combination of why I loved this first episode. Visha looked very weird but I guess I can get used to it soon (she reminds me of a bigger-eyed Hanamaru zura)

Looking at how Tanya flew up 10000ft in the air and basically made her own tactical nuke of a shot up there with those flashy kinda futuristic magic circles makes me wonder how a salaryman could have the skill to do this. I can't wait to see more Republican devastation at the hands of an Imperial loli~

Aug 8, 2017 9:53 PM

Mar 2015
I like this one already!!

I like Serebryakova's character design, so innocent amongst all the war and bloodshed
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 18, 2017 5:58 AM

Jun 2016
I'm fucking sold. Omfg. That was a very dope first episode. Tanya scared the fuck outta me, she literally brought those two soldiers to their death, but I love her. Lmfao. That scary face at the end. Laaawd!

Aoi-chan did a great job being her seiyuu. Omfg. I love you, Aoi-chan! <3

I love the soundtrack, those action sequences, the animation. Ugh. 9/10 for the first episode alone. Yaaaas!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 22, 2017 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
Wow this little shit is fucking Mary Sue.
Oct 19, 2017 1:48 PM

May 2015
Gvendoline said:
Wow this little shit is fucking Mary Sue.

I don't think you understand what that term means. lol

Dec 13, 2017 12:39 PM
Feb 2012
Well, I'm down with the aesthetic at the minute.
Jan 14, 2018 5:18 PM

Mar 2015
The animation is amazing, although the character designs are questionable like Saori Hayami's character's eyes.

But yeah I'm invested now to see this "villain" since we now learn that Tanya is pretty much evil and ruthless so that'd be interesting to see once in a while instead of the goody goody protagonist like those 2 that died on pilebox.

Feb 27, 2018 6:31 AM

Jan 2013
Well this seems certainly unique. I always like alternative universe that takes place in WWII. Visuals look great and apparently we get villain as MC!
Feb 28, 2018 5:41 PM

Feb 2015
Mage soldiers, OP badass loli, good action, character with a weird design... as long as they don't put a love interest, any romance garbage or change Tanya's personality, I think I'm going to enjoy this anime.
Oct 12, 2018 11:30 PM
Jan 2017
I loved this first episode! This show seems amazing! But dang it pressed the vote button too quick and accidentally picked hated it... big oofs.
Oct 26, 2018 8:13 AM

Nov 2016
Oh yeah, this was pretty entertaining.

And Tanya is definitely a contender for best loli.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2019 12:59 PM

Mar 2008
I was annoyed that MAL algorithm kept recommending this to me and now that I finally check it out...it's cringy af
Mar 4, 2019 2:22 PM

Jun 2015
interesting plot.. entertaining at most for now
Mar 17, 2019 4:37 AM

Jul 2009
Was gonna start reading the light novel, but might as well watch the anime instead.

I like the visuals and setting, although it's nothing special so far. I like how Tanya's design is more gritty here comparing to her manga and light novel counterparts.
Mar 24, 2019 4:10 PM

Feb 2014
Time to watch this before Isekai Quartet starts airing.
Apr 9, 2019 5:20 PM

Aug 2018
She’s quite the fiesta little devil. Lol
Apr 25, 2019 12:27 PM
Apr 2019
Hey there,
A couple of minutes I watched the first Episode of this anime on Crunchyroll, on german, but I Need a premium account for the other episodes.
I'm a Little bit happy, that i'm able to watch this aniime on this Website, but ist only in english. Is there a way to Change the dub language, for example to german?
Thanks and have a nice day.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Apr 17, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.