Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2017 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Tanya's talent is acknowledged and got assigned to a testing team.

Another pretty thrilling episode. I like the experimental feel as Tanya continues to do her duties. Not a whole lot of action this time around though. I'm alright with that as the show continues to explore their world and military themes. Tanya has made a strong impression among the military so I expect her to be valued pretty high within the ranks. That mad scientist made me roll my eyes a bit.

ED theme song sounded pretty similar to the OP song. Eh, I got mixed feelings on it.
Stark700Jan 20, 2017 8:03 AM
Jan 20, 2017 6:17 AM
Dec 2011
>Studio NUT
>God is NUTcracker

Sasuga NUT.
Jan 20, 2017 6:44 AM
Jan 2016
Geez, God is downright sinister in this adaptation.

I wonder if they'll fix the first few minutes in the BD release, Tanya shouldn't have the Elinium Type 95 when she's being assigned to the training division.
MysteriousBananaJan 20, 2017 6:49 AM
Jan 20, 2017 6:47 AM

Mar 2015
I'm liking this show more and more as it goes on. I rather liked the ED and it had some nice art work to go along with it.

Jan 20, 2017 6:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ebian said:
I'm liking this show more and more as it goes on. I rather liked the ED and it had some nice art work to go along with it.

Kinda reminds me of the LN art, I love it
Jan 20, 2017 8:01 AM
Aug 2016
Tanya sucks D: Why is she acting so bratty..

Despite that, it was great.
Jan 20, 2017 8:02 AM

Mar 2013
Man I'm loving this show.
Jan 20, 2017 8:08 AM

May 2012
Hmm... Not really digging the OP. Mixed about the ED too but it using LN illustrations was pretty nice.

Nice episode overall.

Jan 20, 2017 8:10 AM

Aug 2014
Really enjoying this show, may be best of season for me. I'm really curious about Being X's motivation for pursuing Tanya's faith. Is it boredom, domination, or something else?

Curious to see where the story is heading. I honestly have no idea. Might have to check out the source material.
Jan 20, 2017 8:17 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Tanya works in the testing team after her initial success and finally ends up as the only person able to control and wield the new jewel.

Her interactions with Being X are always interesting to see, while Tanya herself maybe bratty but God or the so called Being X in this show is not very different and almost seems to demand that Tanya should believe in him or rather accept him as a superior being. Quite the supercilious attitude our Being X has. It is however pretty interesting to see how he tries to force faith on Tanya's atheist nature through various methods.

The visuals looks great as always, I hope they keep up this quality for the remainder of the season.

That ending with the dress. xD
Jan 20, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2015
They finally show us the OP, it was great! Tanya's and Being X's conflict continues with Tanya refusing to listen and it seems like Being X has a lot of plans in store for her.
Looking forward to the military academy episodes, I bet they'll be a lot of fun xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 20, 2017 8:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Oh my, that artwork IS the LN art....Now everyone will see why some of us were bummed out by the change in art style

In regards to the episode, this was the funniest one yet between Tanya getting screwed over by the doctor and then being constantly trolled by Being X the God of all Savages xDDD

I can't wait to see her reaction when her delusions comes crumbling down yet again lololol Finally we got the OP visuals which were nice but the ED ones were leagues better...The song was good too
Jan 20, 2017 8:25 AM

Apr 2016
I got used to the art style now. But then the ED reminded me of the better LN art style. Anyways, it's still a great show.

I'm wondering if Visha's the only fan service we'll get in this anime. Well, you can consider Tanya too but I don't know if it's gay or not, or illegal or not. IDK.
SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!SPLAT! SPLAT!
Jan 20, 2017 8:33 AM

Feb 2015
She was literally forced to worship God.
And there goes the easy life she was hoping for in the city. I can tell her life is going to be one suffering after another.

Light novel art is so pretty. *_* No doubt using them for the ED will encourage more LN sales.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 8:49 AM

Aug 2013
both OP & ED were awesome!
esp the ED art from LN, bruh, beautiful

okay episode, I feels like it's a bit slow, maybe because it doesn't have any action atm
Jan 20, 2017 9:05 AM

Jul 2009
What this episode has proven beyond all doubts, is that this anime will proceed a lot quicker than what we novel readers might have initially thought. Because there's 6 volumes for sale already, and we're only reading the fan translated first one. So i'm expecting, one or at most two more episodes to cover the rest of Volume 1, and then it might be new ground for most people, unless Sky posts more chapters before then.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jan 20, 2017 9:07 AM

Jan 2015
Aside when she get silver wing and hospitalized, Tanya-chan never really get to "rest" isn't she? Even when she finally rest, she met with "Being X" which can count as bad dream.
This is just getting more exciting. The "Being X" has come right at Tanya twice in the episode. It also involved another people just to get Tanya approve the faith.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 20, 2017 9:12 AM

Mar 2014
Man, as soon as the guy with the closed eyes interrupted the other it was painfully obvious he was some kind of traitor and that ending just confirms it.
This episode actually had some really good comedy moments with good comedic timing, it's just that Tanya sucks, couldn't get engaged in the comedy at all despite thinking it was well executed.
Jan 20, 2017 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
I loled when she asked "Aren't you an atheist doctor?" "I'm a devout believer now" LMAO.

Finally got to see a proper opening and ending. I liked opening's visuals, but I liked ED even more. The song and the LN art. So it was ultimate plan all along. Make an inferior art compared to LN, show LN art in ending. Sell more LN.
Jan 20, 2017 9:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
God is fucking hard with Tanja right here. Literally forcing her to believe.

I like the ED.
Jan 20, 2017 9:26 AM

Jan 2016
X: I am God.
Tanya: No, you're a demon.
X: Praise me as God or I'll kill you.
Tanya: What the hell, how does that prove you're God?
Jan 20, 2017 9:29 AM

Sep 2011
Absolutely loved the ED song. Yuuki Aoi gone metal. The chorus is so catchy. Might become one of my favourite anime songs of the decade.

Being X feels a lot like Old Testament God now. Interesting conversations, but I hope they don't overuse the time stop effect.

Overall the episode felt a bit like a usual training episode from a shounen, but with a very different touch. I really like how well the serious and funny moments melt.
Jan 20, 2017 9:38 AM

May 2016
This show just gets better and better. I love it. Can't wait for next week!
Jan 20, 2017 9:44 AM

Dec 2014
deus lo volt...now that was messed up...it seems the fabric of god itself is questioned in this anime. pretty fun to watch
Jan 20, 2017 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
At this point, I have to wonder who's supposed to be more evil: Being X or Tanya? Sure, it's probably meant to be Tanya but I like her far more than Being X at this point: I don't like his whole thing of trying to force Tanya to worship him, but maybe that's just me.
Jan 20, 2017 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode, but man God is a dick in this series.

Jul 2014
Murphy's Law apply to the fantasy world too? :-)

Jan 2015
Atavistic said:
At this point, I have to wonder who's supposed to be more evil: Being X or Tanya? Sure, it's probably meant to be Tanya but I like her far more than Being X at this point: I don't like his whole thing of trying to force Tanya to worship him, but maybe that's just me.

B-but how else will " foolish little lamb" learn? :P
Jan 20, 2017 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
Very good episode.Also I can hear every deus vult jokes.

Jan 20, 2017 10:28 AM

Sep 2009
this shit will save winter 2017
Jan 20, 2017 10:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Tanya didn't want to be sent to the frontlines eh
Preservation of life at all costs eh

Lol prototypes have a tendency to behave erratically
Lol Tanya being thrown around like a doll
Not safe in the rear are you eh Tanya

Lol like all weapon designers all they care about is whether it works or not
Not that they care about the person testing it

Lol Tanya arguing with that guy though as he's throttling that comms man
Lol Tanya is pissed now after that ordeal of wearing defective and potentially explosive devices

Lol so the chief engineer is allergic to the word of defective junk eh
Lol the discussion that she had with him as she walked to the medical room was just hillarious

What works well in theory doesn't always work in practice you know lol
Lol its funny how the officers had to think for a bit before accepting the transfer request from Tanya

But at least she won't be killed by defective junk anytime soon lol
And now god decides to visit as Tanya hasn't developed any faith or even improved her personality at all
In fact she's still the same as she was in the previous life

Lol Tanya really doesn't believe in god or indeed anything does she
But being cynical to god can be a bad thing

Hmm divine inspiration eh
Gods will then eh
The same one that Tanya offended

Lol the chief turned from a fanatic engineer to a fanatic believer in god eh
way to go to force someone like Tanya to believe in you lol
hmm so thats where Tanya's power comes from eh

hmm so in this world ww1 was still ranging in the 20s eh
and it seems that the army is also interested in Tanya as well
Back to the present

Hmm if Tanya is only one capable of using such a powerful weapon
whats to stop her from turning on you when the war ends
Visha looks dead after that operation lol

Lol Visha's reactions at seeing Tanya as she was dreaming
hmm so Visha's going to get promoted to an officer eh
Great news for her

Hmm Tanya recommending Visha for officer training was unexpected but i don't think she cares about her unit at all
But man Tanya really knows how to hide behind masks

A pretty good episode actually that showed what she did before before deployed to the front and how she got that power of hers. To think that power was a result of God blackmailing her to worship him and develop some faith though.
At the same time its also nice to see that Visha is getting a well deserved promotion as she will use this to further help her unit and friends.

Interesting that Tanya will be going to the capital to receive more education though. Looks like God has already begun his next move lol
A rapid response unit on the frontlines eh
More dangerous than ever for Tanya lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 10:37 AM

Aug 2013
Can someone who is reading the novels tell me how much difference there is between the anime and the novel? (No spoilers please)

Jan 20, 2017 10:38 AM

Feb 2011
Can't wait to see who she'll be fighting along side if that's the direction this is going. Visha can't be the only character she hangs around. They're sure to meet again of course, but I can imagine Tanya isn't counting on it. I'm guessing the pacing isn't slow, but I'm sure glad it isn't fast either.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 20, 2017 10:39 AM

May 2016
Damn i loved the OP and ED

Talking about the ED did anyone see that short clip right after it?

Jan 20, 2017 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
It's getting better but there's still no QC during production. She already has elinium type 95 orb in this episode when she's assigned to testing duty >_>
Jan 20, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2009
Really great episode. The OP is awesome. Can't wait to see where this goes next.

At first I was annoyed by the "deny god while talking to it" thing. It also goes against Tanya wanting easy life since she should just play along. But now the hate is becoming almost justified since X has been quite a dick.

I stil hope they tone down the "I know you reincarnated me into a world where magic is real, but I still don't think miracles are possible" stereotypical denial thing.
Jan 20, 2017 11:37 AM

Apr 2015
CoD said:
It's getting better but there's still no QC during production. She already has elinium type 95 orb in this episode when she's assigned to testing duty >_>

Oh wow, you're right. They forgot to switch it to the square one.
Jan 20, 2017 11:39 AM

Aug 2015
Another great episode!

The staging is excellent and I find Tanya is more and more brilliant and her dishonesty makes me smile.
I wonder how it's going to happen in college, looking forward to seeing the next episode!

OP by Myth & Roid = one of my favorites.

I find Tanya super class in the pictures of the ED. So I ask: why her chara-design is so horrible ???

5/5
Jan 20, 2017 11:54 AM
Jul 2014
whitetragedy said:
CoD said:

Oh wow, you're right. They forgot to switch it to the square one.
i hope they fix it on the BD
Jan 20, 2017 11:58 AM
Jul 2014
Mascera said:
Aside when she get silver wing and hospitalized, Tanya-chan never really get to "rest" isn't she? Even when she finally rest, she met with "Being X" which can count as bad dream.
This is just getting more exciting. The "Being X" has come right at Tanya twice in the episode. It also involved another people just to get Tanya approve the faith.
lol, i just realize that
Jan 20, 2017 12:06 PM

Jun 2012
I love whole exchange between Tanya and God, it is pretty hilarious she continue to piss him off, knowing already what power he have.
Jan 20, 2017 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode, I like the fact that God didn't find any other way then cheating to force her to believe in him, it's like you die or believe in me lol and he is not going to leave her relax.the Ed music and art was also amazing , I think studio NUT is putting all his power to get a good impression for their first work

AlhakamJan 21, 2017 12:02 AM
Jan 20, 2017 12:19 PM

Jun 2013
lol it's war what did you expect there are no safe places and God is an asshole well no surprise there
Jan 20, 2017 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
So we finally understand why Tanya was praying to God in the first episode despite the second episode revealing (s)he was an atheist: God "blessed" her with the ability to use that jewel only if she prays to it.
The scene when the doctor suddenly says he believes in God was hilarious.

I'm sure Tanya won't find the quiet life she wants when she arrives in the university.

I liked both OP/ED. It's a pity they didn't animated Tanya in the light novel, because it looks really good.
Jan 20, 2017 12:32 PM

Nov 2016
Finally we are able to watch the op and ed and both are a masterpiece!
Youjo senki gets even more interesting in every new episode.
Without doubt this anime is my favorite one from the season, I can't wait until next friday.
Jan 20, 2017 12:58 PM

Oct 2014
Lovely OP animation <3
And nice cameo from the LN arts for the ED. Nice way to boost sales.

Quoting an antagonist from a certain Disney movie that had decent story but was ruined bcs the main heroine and its actress suck

In faith there is light enough to see but darkness enough to blind.

Don't want to talk about religion, but Tanya is right: It is possessive-ness, what Being X does. (Nice antagonizing from the writer here.)
I just hope whatever progression Tanya's character can get throughout the story, she stays true to herself to the end. No bullshit of she repenting.
Jan 20, 2017 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
Not satisfying me so far, hope it will some episode later.

Wow the OP is really done powerfully for a new studio.Cant wait for them to see more anime news.
Jan 20, 2017 1:33 PM

Mar 2011
Great episode, that smile from Tanya to Visha tho, almost could see her like an angel, but later I remembered, yeah like an angel but old testament style.
DEUS VULT!
Opening and Ending were awesome, the ending song now is stuck in my head... yes this is, this is what I was waiting for, awesome OST, I LOVED THE ENDING, Aoi is just too good.
Jan 20, 2017 1:47 PM

May 2014
Deus lo Vult intensifies. Because there is no better way to gain believers than to force people into prayer whilst they have a bomb strapped to them. Great going, Being X.

Finally, we got an opening with an actual sequence!
I love that song so much...the ending theme sound like something ripped straight outta Mirai Nikki and if my ears don't deceive me...was that Tanya's Seiyuu singing it? I love it when characters sing the theme songs ^^

I'm really appreciating Tanya as an MC because protagonists like her are a rarity...if an MC seems evil or perhaps a little amoral, they usually end up being a bloody tsundere or something- but everything Tanya's done so far has been calculated.
Her little evil monologues are hilarious to watch.

And jeez, she's gonna get sent to that rapid-response unit because of Being X, isn't she?

Watching this anime is like watching a baseball game. Only the pitcher is god, and the catcher is a savage German (?) loli.
Jan 20, 2017 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
Tanya's an evil bitch. And was a huge jerk in previous life when he was a man. But honestly, she got a point. So called "God" only proven he is no better and only gets around due to tremendous power that makes him rewrite the setting at will. Like make Tanya's magic work only when she shouts prayers will make her shout prayers, but that's basically it.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Today, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Apr 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

186 by Phixiately »»
Apr 16, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2017

141 by Phixiately »»
Apr 15, 9:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.