Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2016 8:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh classic, using NicoNico to get the message across.

So the mystery feels like it's getting more awkward now with the recent murders. Shun kinda reminds me of Firo from Baccano for some reason. Pacing feels pretty awkward for the storytelling still.

Regarding the case, it's pretty much the standard detective story type although it has somewhat of a thrilling feel to it.
Oct 15, 2016 8:34 AM
Jul 2010
They really slowed down the pace. This was like.. 1/4 of the second LN volume. I don't know why they had to rush through the whole first volume in one episode and what they're gonna do after they adapt the 2 and 3 volumes, but it's going very well and I'm still loving it.
Oct 15, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2016
I was definitely hoping that the pace would slow down from ep1, and it certainly did. This felt much more cohesive than the first episode, but I have high hopes for this series. Everyone said Steins;Gate opened too slow, but in many ways, Occultic;Nine opening too fast might just be a cornerstone of this series.

We've still got a lot going on in the plot department, but I can at least wrap my head around what's important and what isn't. Seems like we're building to something really good.
Oct 15, 2016 10:11 AM

Sep 2015
He had blood all over his right hand and he touched his hair, arms etc ... I'm triggered
Oct 15, 2016 10:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was just a tremendous improvement over the trainwreck that was the first episode. Felt like the pacing was seriously 4-5 times slower. This is more like what I expected/hoped this anime would be like initially

Sooo yeah hopefully it'll keep this pacing up for the rest of its progression and we can put the awkward start behind us
Oct 15, 2016 10:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That big brother part that lasted about 2 mins was REALLY unnerving. That was very well done.

Now that the second episode has slowed down tremendously after that trainwreck first episode, i really would like to see someone put a summary here of all the events happening, maybe in the right timeline. Maybe i can get into this after reading it and watching episode 3.
Oct 15, 2016 10:25 AM

Feb 2016
Well.. it's better than the previous episode but it is still crap... I don't expect it to improve anymore, too much cringe for a show with such premise. Can the MC stfu already, god damn..
Oct 15, 2016 10:29 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Someone on Reddit did a little summary on this episode.

''The girl that was obsessed with her brother that they were talking about is the girl that puts curses on people. She put a curse on the main character which caused him to stumble upon the dead corpse and the knife.
The fortune teller foretold SARAI's fathers death. His father is the guy that was killed and scalped.
And then the woman who wrote the doujinshi about the guy getting his tooth pulled and stuff is being set up as the culprit for this incident, as well as the incident revealed at the very end, with the fortune tellers friend sending her a sketchy picture.'' - RedTurtle78
Oct 15, 2016 10:42 AM

Jan 2015
This is just getting more creepy, especially about Ria's fadebook.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 15, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
Better than the first episode with the pacing. It's a interesting but confusing story.
Oct 15, 2016 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
This was way more enjoyable and easier to follow compared to episode 1. If the rest of the show keeps this up, then maybe my opinion about this show will change. Maybe not by a lot, but it'll change slightly.

Also love that anime logic, MC had blood on his hand but when he touched his hair and other things, none of his blood got on those things......cool.
thebrentinator24Oct 15, 2016 11:14 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 15, 2016 10:44 AM
Dec 2014
Smudy said:
Someone on Reddit did a little summary on this episode.

''The girl that was obsessed with her brother that they were talking about is the girl that puts curses on people. She put a curse on the main character which caused him to stumble upon the dead corpse and the knife.
The fortune teller foretold SARAI's fathers death. His father is the guy that was killed and scalped.
And then the woman who wrote the doujinshi about the guy getting his tooth pulled and stuff is being set up as the culprit for this incident, as well as the incident revealed at the very end, with the fortune tellers friend sending her a sketchy picture.'' - RedTurtle78

That's helpful, I was completely lost during this episode.
Oct 15, 2016 10:51 AM
May 2016
A bit slower pace than the first episode, although I'm hoping its going to be more slower pace on the upcoming episodes.

So that make sense then, everything that happened were connected to each other, from the cursing, then murder, to doujin. I'm glad I can still keep up to this show despite with its wtf pacing.
Oct 15, 2016 11:04 AM
Oct 2016
it getting better than previous episode. I knowing this anime will starting from worst and getting better and better. Microsoft surface pro,window 10, Nico-nico website and facebook also appear in this episode.
ahan20Oct 15, 2016 11:07 AM
Oct 15, 2016 11:06 AM

Feb 2012
Oh my god this show is so boring! This show isn't bothering to develop its characters at all and the dialogue is nothing but fast-talking exposition and nerd jokes that only exist to move the plot a certain way and add nothing to the story. What is the appeal of these Baccano/Durarara/Guy Ritchie-ish shows?! Why am I supposed to care about the mysteries or the energetic direction if none of your characters have pathos or personal flaws to them?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Oct 15, 2016 11:08 AM
Jun 2012
That Easter egg in the picture in the end thought.

Does anyone know how is cardfight vanguard connected to this show? They don't share any same staff members, at least what i checked. Now it started to bug me that i cannot find the connection between these animes...
Oct 15, 2016 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
This was much much better than the first episode (not that it was bad), but it lost its uniqueness :/
Oct 15, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
Normal pacing!!!
Oct 15, 2016 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
Everything just flowed much better in this episode compared to the first episode. I hope this show gets better with more episodes fixing the problems.
Sigh.
Oct 15, 2016 11:20 AM

Mar 2016
Another great episode - can't wait for the next one.
I love how we slowly get introduced to all the characters.
Oct 15, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
It feels like nothing much happened this episode, lol.
This episode it felt like they got more explanations done of what happened in the first episode.
Oct 15, 2016 11:34 AM
Jun 2016
This was more like an anime episode but it can slow done a little more. It is still fast for anime episodes.
I don't know why but I really can't stand the MC. MC is a total idiot.
Oct 15, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2016
this is seriously disastrous, and im the kind of guy who always try to find something positive in every thing I see no matter how bad it looks at first sight. i wanted to give this thing a second chance since episode 1, but f*ck this. dont care if it gets "better" in the upcoming episodes, you cant do this kind of things in the beginning.
:v
Oct 15, 2016 11:57 AM

Apr 2015
Everything's a bit rather confusing than coherent right now, but the cases surrounding Sarai's father, the girl and her older brother, and Miyuu's friend all seem connected. Hopefully the pacing stays steady for a while, but despite that things are getting more interesting.
Oct 15, 2016 12:03 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
more characters, more situations, and dialogues very confused and more back and donw in the time...for the moment, tha assessin is the Butler xD
Oct 15, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2016
Better pacing than the first episode, and now it's somehow easier to follow than Durarara, haha. A comment on a website said this is pretty much Steins; Gate + Durarara.

I'm happy the episode was not focused on the 'obnoxious' main character.

Excited for more to come.
Oct 15, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
The pacing this time was slower and the action wasn't focused on the MC except for some minutes of the beginning. It still went very quickly for me.
I'm really surprised that fucking professor had an entire key inside his jaw?! What the fuck.

I liked the otaku detective, such an easygoing, slightly arrogant individual with an stylish hat. He bring out some interesting elements here (like the meaning of CODE and the investigation of that girl with his deceased older brother).

We also know the loli nor her ghost partner didn't killed the professor. For the moment, I suspect of the brunette woman with big tits, who also did something to the friend of the fortune-teller girl (or so I think).

Wonder what will happen the next.
Oct 15, 2016 12:26 PM

May 2010
pacing is better but that is just the tip of the iceberg for this garbage. drop
Oct 15, 2016 12:34 PM

Sep 2015
I'm getting more Steins;Gate vibes from this one episode
Oct 15, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
Pacing much better, but pretty much everything else was no better, if not actually worse, than the first episode. Everything feels even more disconnected than last week somehow, and overall it's just an absolute mess. Only consolation is that boobs-for-brains barely appeared at all, but that's not enough to make this good.

I still hold out hope for improvement, but the promising signs I saw in the first episode were all but gone this time around.
Oct 15, 2016 12:37 PM
May 2015
This episode felt a bit like Durarara with a twist of murder mystery. It focuses on different character POVs and they're all somehow connected to the main plot altogether.

The pacing is also a lot better so I was able to understand most of what they were saying. It took me a while to figure out that the fortune telling scene between that fortune teller and the cancer (allegedly) patient, and also the fortune telling scene about some guy's dad, took place before the murder :/.

Still don't know half of their names (Tnx Ep.1 for the rushed intro) but overall, it was a nice episode and a major improvement from the 1st episode.

4/5 Yay, big-C cup was barely in this episode. I'm hoping they keep it that away. Can't wait for next week xD.

Oct 15, 2016 12:48 PM

Aug 2015

Everyone has missed the fact that the biggest mysteries in this show all revolve around one person. Mainly:
HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS PERSON STAY UPRIGHT?
HOW THE FUCK HASN'T THIS PERSON SUFFOCATED HERSELF?
HOW THE FUCK DOESN'T THIS PERSON HAVE CRIPPLING SPINE PROBLEMS?
HOW THE FUCK IS THIS PERSON ALIVE?!
Oct 15, 2016 12:57 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Thank god they didn't try to adapt another valume in one episode again. Pacing felt much better and it gave time for the series to focus on its plot points. The mystery aspect is alright, but nothing spectacular. But I am somewhat intrigued now so hopefully the series gets better soon.

3/5
Oct 15, 2016 1:13 PM

Feb 2016
the difference of this episode and the first one is overwhelming, managed to like it and it kept me tune...
i hope it stills on this pace and dont go rushing and doing nonsense from now on

4/5 it could be 5/5 but big watermelons airhead appeared once...
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 15, 2016 1:16 PM
Sep 2016
This was a lot better but the first episode was really awful so simply slowing down the pacing to what a regular show works at was an improvement. Didn't find it hard to follow, I'm starting to see the connections between the stories now. Hope it can keep it up.
If only "Ryotas" was a more minor character because I dread her becoming important to the plot. Just can't take her seriously.
Amazed they keep the animation quality so high. This has really nice art direction too in my opinion.
Oct 15, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2015
I mean, it was better than the first episode but it's still extremely messy and I feel like everything is just all over the place, also I don't understand why some of the females have dangerously large breasts? lmao
Oct 15, 2016 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Yes the pace has been now okay for this episode compare to first episode.
This episode was also okay,and I hope it will get more better at later episodes.
By the way,one of character really really reminds of Shun from baccano! he ressemble him well and now i can imagine that he took part on this in Occult;Nine!!

Does anyone can predict this at least that how many total episode we might see from this anime?
Oct 15, 2016 1:38 PM

Sep 2013
The plot thickens and there are several factions and people converging into this incident.
Gamotan's radio helps him get out of the situation but he's also deep in all of this now.
The terminal cancer guy is obviously faking it to try and discredit myu's ability.
That brocon girl, I feel bad for her and she may be the loli curse girl and the ghost which might be her brother is getting aggressive.
Ryotas also suspicious for giving her all that money to curse gamotan.
That cutey Chi looks like a goner :'(

ichii_1Oct 15, 2016 1:46 PM
Oct 15, 2016 1:52 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Not as fast paced as the first one which is good.
Yuuta managing to escape before Moritsuka got to the crime scene. Well that's one way of hiding a key.

Myu & Ryou-tas cursing Yuuta. Wells that helpful.
Ririka & that smile.
Hmm wonder what happened to Chi?
Santoryu_XBurnerOct 15, 2016 1:55 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 15, 2016 1:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The directing and screenplay are still a mess and there's just way too much expository dialogue. I'm disappointed. I had read so much about this being a worthy sucessor to Steins Gate but I'm just not seeing it happen.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 15, 2016 2:12 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So the pace of the show slowed down after all. Called it.

So it appears that this show is going the route of showing what seems to be multiple isolated incidents and characters, but as the show goes on these events begin to connect to form the bigger picture. That could make this very suspenseful to watch if done correctly.

More light was shed on events from last episode but things are still murky. Clearly some things shown were those from the past, such as the fortune telling scene.

Again, most of the hate from this show seems to be unjustified. If people gave other shows that had odd ways of storytelling like say, Concrete Revolutio, why not give this a chance?

I would like some more characterization in the next episode, but we did get some for other characters such as the detective and Miyuu.

Looking forward to more.

Also, Ryouka has exploded in popularity over in Japan-land. Could she be the next Hestia? We'll see.
Oct 15, 2016 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode. As I thought, one of the best series in this season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 15, 2016 2:44 PM

Feb 2012
Todd_ said:

Again, most of the hate from this show seems to be unjustified. If people gave other shows that had odd ways of storytelling like say, Concrete Revolutio, why not give this a chance?

Because Concrete Revolutio's visuals were full of political/historical metaphors relating to 60s/70s Japan and every single character had unique viewpoints regarding how the world worked. Occultic;Nine's visuals and characters are just otaku trends revolving around the murder of an old man.

I don't hate this show because I can't follow it. I hate it because it's junk food and really annoying.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Oct 15, 2016 2:53 PM
Apr 2016
Leaving aside how great the show is, it receives my merit being the part of the science-mystery universe...
That said, is there any connectiong between this and Steins;gate, other "something;something" titles? Otherwise, well...
Re:formed
Oct 15, 2016 3:04 PM

Aug 2014
wellll, the plot opened up more so I have no complaints
Oct 15, 2016 3:14 PM

Sep 2015
the pace is fast...i actually had to pay attention to what is happening
and i didnt do it since Baccano
Oct 15, 2016 3:14 PM

Jun 2015
Slightly better than the first episode, but it was a bit confusing. Here's hoping it gets better.
Oct 15, 2016 3:30 PM

Sep 2015
Liked this episode a lot more!
Oct 15, 2016 3:49 PM

May 2015
Good thing the pace slowed down in this episode. It's a lot better like this. This episode somehow had this mysterious and creepy feeling to it. Hopefully the show will keep this up.

Oct 15, 2016 3:58 PM

Jun 2010
The pace is slower this episode. Still makes little to no sense.

Seriously, stop jumping around and pick a main story to build around and a protagonist. They had a perfect inciting incident of finding the corpse - and they do next to nothing with it (and the little they do is absolutely moronic on multiple levels), instead showing us once again characters we know nothing about and care nothing about. One more episode of this non-story and I'm dropping this, because this is getting ridiculous. You can't make a series that makes sense only on rewatch.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

217 by HibiChika »»
Aug 4, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

172 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

449 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

95 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 2:36 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.