Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to admit was rather stylish for the first episode but a bit underwhelming overall.

OP song is decent. I'm somewhat impressed at how they introduced the main characters to set up for the remainder of the season. Number of the devil though...666? That gave me a bad vibe.

Ryoutasu is cute. The technical aspects (animation quality) isn't good, really hope it won't be like that for rest of the episodes. Dat cliffhanger though. Felt like too much happened.
Stark700Oct 8, 2016 10:21 AM
Oct 8, 2016 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
The girl is even more annoying with her dance. Main guy is not doing well with the website recently? Okan is adorable. A TV show of believing soul vs. not believing soul. That idol girl on the show is annoying. Very fast paced character introduction. It seems like he likes the uranai girl.

That scene when he met that girl for the first time... Uranai girl got a result that she should be with the main guy. Wow, sudden incident.

I like both OP & ED.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 8, 2016 8:31 AM

Apr 2015
This was so...Shaft? Like I was reminded of the Monogatari several times, in direction and display you know. These fast cuts, vibrant colors, text inserts.

It's incredibly funky and stylish. Art and animation are top especially for the characters. The story majorly intrigues me already and this actually might be my favorite of the season when it actually dives deeper into the actual into the story.

I expected as much tho when I looked at the stuff which is an absolute muss in A-1's case as their entire staff is build up from scratch for every project. You never know what you will get.
FappaOct 8, 2016 10:01 AM
Oct 8, 2016 8:47 AM
Jan 2016
What a cringe worthy show. I'm so tired. The outdated otaku slang really bothered me.
But this show has some potential maybe, so I try a few more episodes.
Oct 8, 2016 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
Okay, I legit have no idea what the fuck I just watched. So much nonsense, the utterly ridiculous design of the main girl, super over-the-top personalities and a bunch of exposition that was shot at the speed of light...

It felt like watching the entire first half of Steins;Gate in twenty minutes.
Oct 8, 2016 10:13 AM

Apr 2008
MozillaFennekin said:
Okay, I legit have no idea what the fuck I just watched. So much nonsense, the utterly ridiculous design of the main girl, super over-the-top personalities and a bunch of exposition that was shot at the speed of light...

It felt like watching the entire first half of Steins;Gate in twenty minutes.
apparently they covered the entire first light novel in this first episode
Oct 8, 2016 10:15 AM
Jul 2015
tsubasalover said:
The girl is even more annoying with her dance. Main guy is not doing well with the website recently? Okan is adorable. A TV show of believing soul vs. not believing soul. That idol girl on the show is annoying. Very fast paced character introduction. It seems like he likes the uranai girl.

That scene when he met that girl for the first time... Uranai girl got a result that she should be with the main guy. Wow, sudden incident.

I like both OP & ED.
Where you guys watch it? I can't find it anywhere...
Oct 8, 2016 10:15 AM

Feb 2016
The fuck am I watching XD XD
seriously... o.O
AquamirrorOct 8, 2016 10:19 AM
Oct 8, 2016 10:23 AM

Sep 2015
gotta go fast, it's difficult to keep pace
Those boobs are too huge tho, why did they do that
Oct 8, 2016 10:24 AM
Apr 2016
Not going to lie. This was rather confusing. I barely know what was happening in this episode. But I really like the style and am intrigued enough to continue.
I feel super underwhelmed by this though. Was expecting this to be Anime of the Season, but it's starting to look like that title will go to either Drifters or Flip Flappers now
Oct 8, 2016 10:26 AM

Oct 2011
I'd like to officialy rename this show to Oppai;Weird

Oct 8, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2016
I actually thought it was pretty decent, except the pacing was just a tad too fast..?

Why are people getting upset about the boobs? It's a show about paranormal science, of course it's not meant to be taken super seriously or realistic... lol
suzyOceanOct 8, 2016 10:36 AM
Oct 8, 2016 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Why they be big;boobed-e... ... What have I seen that stood out to me, I wonder... Hmm... ... ... ... ... The ED was good, I think...
Oct 8, 2016 10:39 AM

May 2010
the only thing i got from this episode is a headache from the constant yelling and way too fast talking/reading subs

doubt i will give this one another chance since my first impression of this show isnt good at all.

2/5 confusing nonsense
Oct 8, 2016 10:45 AM
Jul 2015
Someone needs to ban A-1 from adapting light novels, this first episode is a mess.
Oct 8, 2016 10:47 AM

Apr 2015
ChrisTheBlack said:
Someone needs to ban A-1 from adapting light novels, this first episode is a mess.

Rather than A-1 you should look at the production committee or the director and tell them that.
Oct 8, 2016 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
The style of the series sure is something else, it's uh... unique.

But this episode was SO fast paced like i thought the monogatari series was fast but goddamn this was all over the place.
Oct 8, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Omg. This season is awesome if it comes to art, Flip Flappers, Hibike, Keijo, Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume and even this one from A1. I'm impressed.
Anyway, very nice start. Definitely I want more.
Btw, great OST.
rsc-plOct 8, 2016 11:10 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 8, 2016 10:52 AM

Apr 2016
Super, super fast paced, but I'm looking forward to this. It's definitely got me interested. A1 being on the job is kinda scary, but we'll see.

Yes, the big boobs are kinda gross.
Oct 8, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2015
Still can't get the gist of what the anime really is about. Even after many character "screaming" (literally) about Science and Supernatural. At least I see one with that fortune-teller and hair at the mailbox.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 8, 2016 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good start, The last scene was excellent.
Art Style is kinda different but it works quite well.

Very very fast paced dialogue, Took a while to get used to since I was not expecting that at all, Especially after that super fast cut from the opening segment.
So our theme is Science vs Occult or more like Can Science prove/disprove the Occult?

Ironic how the MC has a blog that ridicules Occult content but he himself wanted to meet a fortune teller. xD

Seriously Ryotas has melons for her oppai, It's like so out of proportion that makes it so weird.

Murder at the end wasn't exactly surprising but the story behind the murder is definitely intriguing.
Oct 8, 2016 11:02 AM

Apr 2015
Okay start. The characters look interesting (some of their designs though..) and the music sounds good. Although the pacing is concerning, the "paranormal science" is definitely going to keep me hooked.
Oct 8, 2016 11:02 AM

Dec 2008
This anime literally gave me 9 different stages of cancer.
Female characters look like shit with oversized boobs bigger than their whole bodies. Episode was a mess, and gave me 0 reason to stick around. I'm out.
Only good thing was OP so will dl.
Will go rewatch Steins to cleanse my palate.
sarroushOct 8, 2016 11:06 AM
Oct 8, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
Those humongous tits were the highlight of this episode

RIP

OrangeJPOct 8, 2016 11:10 AM

Oct 8, 2016 11:05 AM

Aug 2012
Man, been waiting for this series like three years. I didn't expect durarara on Shaft-crack with good ol sci-adv spin, but it was fun, albeit ridiculous. Itou Kanako OP's are the best <3
Oct 8, 2016 11:07 AM

Jul 2012
Yikes, it's all over the place. It's like DRRR!! but so much stuff squeezed into the first ep. Oh well, I'm interested in more.

Loving OP bc of Kanako :>
Oct 8, 2016 11:07 AM
Sep 2015
sarroush said:
This anime literally gave me 9 different stages of cancer.
Female characters look like shit with oversized boobs bigger than their whole bodies. Episode was a mess, and gave me 0 reason to stick around. I'm out.
Will go rewatch Steins to cleanse my palate.

"Female characters" Chill, its one character.

Anyway, I'm surprised this didn't suck, interested to see where it'll go.
Oct 8, 2016 11:09 AM

Feb 2012
My god the dialogue in this show is horrible. Nothing but nerd jokes that no one over the age of thirteen would find funny and exposition that fails to establish a story or make the characters interesting. And this fast-paced style never shuts up, even during serious scenes like the ending murder that I couldn't take seriously because the director has ADD and doesn't know a thing about slow moments.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Oct 8, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2010
So much happened I thought it was an hour long special.
Oct 8, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2016
I always thought Subaru was the most cringy protagonist but the one in this show takes that title now.
Oct 8, 2016 11:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Uhm... what?

Well that was hyperactive, overwhelming and hella confusing all at the same time. Not quite sure what to make of it. I mean I'm not expecting everything to be explained by the first episode mind you but it'll be really hard to get attached to anything when they keep this kind of ultra-faced pacing and dialogue (and speaking of which, the dialogue is super awkward too)

And did we really need both a boob monster and a super in-your-face MC? The guy gives off the impression of being like Subaru except without any depth :s

Idk if I'll really end up liking this show... which would be unfortunate because I had some hopes for it but oh well. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Not impressed thus far at least
Oct 8, 2016 11:16 AM

Jun 2014
Is this really A1? With how eccentric and fast things were happening I totally would have assumed Shaft was producing this. The style reminds me of Monogatari.

Well it has only been one episode so I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about this show just yet. It hasn't really left a positive first impression, but maybe that could change later on. If the MC could stop yelling at the top of his lungs every 2 seconds, and if Ryo-Tits wasn't so annoying, maybe I would have liked the episode a bit more.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 8, 2016 11:22 AM

Aug 2012
Pretty hilarious how fast this was but I am going to assume Americans have a REALLY REALLY hard time following this because Europeans and the Japanese generally have quicker response time hence why commercials in Japan and Europe are shorter and have more stuff cramped into them than American ones.

Sorry folks, its just science.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
- Plato
Oct 8, 2016 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
Man WTF have I just watched? Everyone here is upset about the boobs.
But for me the pace of dialogue was the nr. 1 problem. Its waaaay too fast.
With this I couldnt enjoy a second of this episode.
And I feel like the pacing wont change in the next episodes :(
Aside from that I really liked the animation and the dark atmosphere.
Oct 8, 2016 11:29 AM
Aug 2011
A big middle finger to Kaji Yuki for ear grating line delivery. Not that that's a first for him.
A-1 so the art will drop sooner than later. Not that it matters because there's no one cute in this.
Watermelons hanging off her chest even though she's like 8. Not that you need to point out her real age because she acts like 8 regardless.

Part of me wants to stick around to see this implode but I didn't stick around for Re:Shit either.
standOct 8, 2016 12:20 PM
Oct 8, 2016 11:31 AM
Apr 2014
This was the definition of a waste of time, everything is just going so fast and I just don't care, I've seen this kind of super speedy treatment before but it's only after the characters, story and setting are beyond well established usually as a sequel and not in the freaking first episode of an anime I know nothing about.
Drake1000Oct 8, 2016 11:44 AM
Oct 8, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
This episode was really, really weird. On the one hand, it felt like they were trying to cram way, way too much into one episode, yet at the same time it felt like it ended at the perfect spot. Of the three main characters who are currently together, only fortune-teller girl (I'll learn the names eventually) was remotely tolerable, with the other two being annoying as hell and the girl having a stupid character design to match how stupid she is (those boobs are a new level of unnaturally large). Still, I can see that there's something promising in this show, but there's a lot of cumbersome crap already holding it back, and that's before we've seen more than 20 seconds of most of the characters.

OP and ED are both pretty good at least.
Oct 8, 2016 11:34 AM

Apr 2009
Jesus fucking Christ, this was an abomination.

What a disgusting combination between Eiken, C;H and a few more terrible shows. Contender for worst anime of 2016 already....
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 8, 2016 11:35 AM

Feb 2016
God damn
Wtf is going on.
Very fast faced episode with annoying mc oppai girl but apart from that it wasn't too bad.
Confused af atm however that ending gave me a kinda steins gate feel where shit is gonna be confusing for first few eps then turn out to be amazing
Overall 4/5 Idk why they made oppai so huge and it puts me off so much.
Not to mention how many damn times i paused to read the subs.

Oct 8, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2014
I haven't watched this episode yet, but I'm kinda disappointed already with all the negative reception. This was one of the shows I was most looking forward to this season.

I wonder if the source material is also lacking or if it's just this episode that was messy...
Oct 8, 2016 11:37 AM

Feb 2008
Just when I was thinking this season doesn't have any really terrible shows, this pops up. This might even be the worst anime that aired this year, and I doubt it will improve much. Female characters have Eiken sized tits and are obnoxious, MC tries to be all Tatami Galaxy and fails, plot is random garbage. Guess Chaos;Head isn't the worst ; anymore.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 8, 2016 11:39 AM
Apr 2016
I'm so confused right now everyone was talking so fast and the episode was so rushed, maybe it'll get better over time. I hope it does I had high hopes for this anime.
Oct 8, 2016 11:41 AM

Aug 2010
wow that was amazing. I need to rewatch this shit a few times

Ryo-chan is kawaiii. PLUS ULTRA C!!!

Fangokama XD

And Ganto is quite the MC

Lots of characters :O
Oct 8, 2016 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
I couldn't get past the 3:20 minute mark, this is pure trash and the dialogue is disgusting.
:3
Oct 8, 2016 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
Wow I don't know if the fast pacing is normal or if the story is rushed as hell. It was a bit hard to watch, I hope the next episode will be better paced.
There is also a problem with the big boobs girl, but I don't mind if it doesn't interfere with the main story.
Great OP as expected :)
Oct 8, 2016 11:46 AM
Apr 2014
Worst first episode of the s̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ year. It seems like all ";" anime(s) not named Steins;Gate are bound to suck.
I'm reading that apparently this episode adapted the entire 1st Volume of the LN which is 400 pages and there's like only 2 volumes out.
Drake1000Oct 8, 2016 11:57 AM
Oct 8, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2015
meh

I hate girls with over-sized breasts. They tend to be useless and nothing but distraction and ruiners for the story. The speech style reminded me of the monogatari first at the beginning but after five minutes they were just talking very fast, putting too much info in no time. If it hadn't for this ridiculous girl with huge watermelons as breast I would have liked the episode more
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 8, 2016 12:08 PM

Dec 2015
They need to do something with the pace of dialogue. Except that character intro is decent.
Well, I expected that Prof. Hasigami will be some supporting character throughout the series, but what to say he died (lol).
Too many characters introduced in the very first episode. At least I can guess, there is a great mystery awaits in the upcoming episodes.
Oct 8, 2016 12:11 PM

Mar 2014
i dont think it occurred to people that it was fast paced on purpose? if you read the interviews of all the cast members on the official website they all commented about how you should watch intently to catch all the hidden nuances in the directing and series composition because info is shot at you at lightning speed. i thought the pace was great honestly; the speed gives you an adrenaline rush especially when that one ost from the beginning of the pv plays. excited to see more of aria and noto mamikos character.
Oct 8, 2016 12:15 PM

Feb 2009
Man those are some annoying characters.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

216 by tokino_sora »»
Mar 7, 2:28 AM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

142 by Kitty-Kate »»
Nov 30, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

95 by Ronninn »»
Oct 17, 2022 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.