Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Taboo Tattoo
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2016 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This finale felt rushed..

It seems to me like the show was aiming for a climatic battle against the princess with Izzy, Seigi, etc coming together in all at once. They are still reminiscing the Izzy moments with Blood even though he's dead.

Kinda funny how they threw in the OP song during the climatic segment..I guess it's becoming a recurring trend.
Sep 19, 2016 11:52 AM

Mar 2013
what the hell happened? this felt completely rushed it had some weird moments mainly playing the op during the fight which isn't unheard of in an anime but the opening for this doesn't feel like it belongs in a fight at all or rather in this kind of fight. still the fights were really the only thing I cared about in this anime the story was meh, it had cliche's, it had little consistency, but the fights were good some where actually great but they were still short ( I'm not expecting DBZ levels of length but some fights just felt too short maybe it's just me).

As for the finale eh... it ended in a way I thought it would...sort of... if they make another season they need to fix quite a few things but mainly pacing.
Sep 19, 2016 12:07 PM
Aug 2015
lmao based Tamaki

would watch a 2nd season only for this dude
PogChamp
Sep 19, 2016 12:16 PM
Jun 2014
tamaki made it worth to watch the rest. the last episode really was rushed, i sat there like "wtf".
Sep 19, 2016 12:17 PM

Nov 2014
Taboo Tattoo started strong, then devolved into a mess of drawn out fights and thick exposition. Maybe it could have been more compelling if it had better characters and had been less modest a la Big Order. The last few episodes were kind of boring.

It was a decent show, but I wouldn't want to see it again.

Episode: 3/5
Series: 5/10
Sep 19, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2015
A bit sad that they didn't show Lisa's fate. In the manga because of injection plus brainwashed, Lisa's mind and body damaged badly, she is now half dead:(

Is it just me, princess voice tone changed when she is losing and i like it XD

This is something like an average or at most fine. Don't mind watching second season if they are making one, its not like it will hurt me or anything. I have all the time in the world:)
valvravetruthSep 19, 2016 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
The hell was that thing at the end???

Jan 2008
Wha the hell was up with the epilogue. Do they... think they're getting a second season? Do they think they did a good job painting the manga in a good light?

No, I think they realzied it's a mess and went full parody.
Sep 19, 2016 12:20 PM

Jan 2015
So Wiseman already anticipated the outcome. Just using Seigi and the Princess's affection toward him.
That "Hollywood-film only" nuclear suicide bomb surely makes the situation become not so tense anymore. LOL
If only they add more "action" for that Battling Giant scene, considering it's the final episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 19, 2016 12:21 PM

Apr 2015
Thank god, it's over. Only good thing in the last few episodes was Tamaki.
Sep 19, 2016 12:21 PM

Sep 2015
Awkward fight
It's unfortunate that it finishes like this, if it gets more serious with less comedy I think I would watch a second season

5/10 for me, visuals were attractive but I didn't really like the way the story went, it's an "ok" plot imo

USA USA USA USA?
Sep 19, 2016 12:26 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That episode really confirmed that J.C. Staff really took the piss with this adaptation. They knew that the source material is shit xD

USA USA USA USA USA, THAT'S THE AMERICAN WAY! KABOOOOOM BLOW EVERYTHING UP XDD Americans won't like this anime for sure ^^

TAMAKI LIVES 10 FUCKING 10
Sep 19, 2016 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
During episode:
................................................................................................

When credits rolled:
-Well, As expected Seigi beat Arya cause of some Deus ex Machina which I wasn't bothered to listen to.
-Tamaki and Tom lived, Well there was something good.
-USA USA? XD

When epilogue started:
-Wonder what this is
-NO NO NO NO, NO 2nd season please NO, Just NO!

Overall, Taboo Tattoo started decently, The fights were what attracted me in the beginning and as it turns out that's all the series ever had going for it. Show became progressively worse each episode eventually dissolving into a complete train-wreck with a nonsensical plot and Random fast paced transitions, Didn't care for most of the characters save for Arya, Cal, Tom and Tamaki. Till the end I had no clue how the whole Tattoo thing worked, Maybe I should have payed more attention but I wasn't really willing to do that. Zero emotional investment on my part, Most of my enjoyment of the show came at me laughing at it save for some of the fight scenes and the fan service, especially the service with Arya.

5/10, Please do not announce a 2nd season.
Lelouch0202Sep 19, 2016 12:55 PM
Sep 19, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
Loved this series from start to finish, it was hilarious the whole way through; awesome fight scenes, good comedy and plenty of yuri fanservice. What more could you ask for?

solid 5/10
Sep 19, 2016 1:04 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I don't know what was worse, this show or Big Order. Seriously, everything felt out of place, the action was just mediocre and from being a fun/dumb watch it just turned into being straight up boring.

At this point I'm kinda wondering if I should really even read the manga. I didn't really enjoy that much of the series besides the way it started.
Sep 19, 2016 1:06 PM
Mar 2008
Oh wow, what a piece of crap Anime. And am i seeing it right that this crap is getting a second season? Are you serious?
So wait, how will the second season look like?
Really crappy CG, a story that doesnt make sense where even Mayoiga had more to offer, characters without any depth at all or even some that dont even make sense to be there, fights with sometimes annoying camera angles trying to be cool to hide the fact that everything else is crap, etc?
Nah, the stupidity of this one was more than enough. And thats a real shame because the first 2 episodes were ok...............but them it decided to take a dump and serve us that.
Sep 19, 2016 1:07 PM

Jun 2014
So this rushed finale pretty much turned into a Godzilla-like battle? Ok......not too surprising that they played the OP during the climactic battle, that has become quite common, I've noticed. Overall, this anime had a shaky but decent start, but fell flat on its face and got trampled on at the end. I feel like the show could have been a bit better if BB was the MC. He was way more interesting than Seigi. Thank goodness Tamaki lived though, he was the only reason I was still somewhat interested. 3/10, this was undoubtedly this season's Big Order.

Wtf was that epilogue? Please don't tell me they're teasing a second season. Please, no second season, JC Staff. Just focus on a third season for Souma.

Smudy said:
USA USA USA USA USA, THAT'S THE AMERICAN WAY! KABOOOOOM BLOW EVERYTHING UP XDD Americans won't like this anime for sure ^^

Even though that part may have been slightly exaggerated, as an American, I can confirm that there are definitely some people in this country who would be like that......like Trump.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 19, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2014
It started off so well, an interesting premise and some OK action however towards the end it just turned into action nonsense and it was pretty much garbage.

However that thing at the end I think was just JC staff going "fuck it" and the just went nuts in the last moments. I wouldn't mind a season 2 however because I now have much much lower expectations
Get your shit straight Brenda
Sep 19, 2016 1:14 PM

Jul 2012
That was the first time i wanted to stop watching the series on the last episode, that was just utterly horrible. What was happening? And to add up it can even continue???!!! From the start had the question why this show was the choice - it wasn't popular, new and at best decent, well after it ended the question is even more viable. Lowered the score to generous 4.
Will be highly surprised if there will be 2nd season (pls no) and as always can only pray for certain 3rd season.
allenjkeSep 19, 2016 1:17 PM
Sep 19, 2016 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
It was an alright show! It felt so rushed!
Sep 19, 2016 1:17 PM

Sep 2014
USA USA USA USA USA!

LOL wtf
Sep 19, 2016 1:17 PM

Apr 2016
Okay, I wonder a bit , but I was able to complete it. Btw. not the worst episode , but it is too late to get serious. About the serious points I could usually just laugh.

I also did not understand everything , I lack here a few explanations about this tattoo system.

nice action, most notably the fights and i like the soundtracks, but thats all.

Omg, this last Pictures...., they will continue this bullshit? :)
Sep 19, 2016 1:25 PM

Mar 2013
Nobuyuki Hiyama... Er... I mean Tamaki is the only thing I ended up caring in this show in the end. It's good that he survived. But overall it was very generic and forgettable.
Sep 19, 2016 1:27 PM
Mar 2015
The show started good and ended bad there is nothing more to say
Sep 19, 2016 1:31 PM

May 2015
God, don't tell me there will be a second season with that ending.

Bad show is bad show. This show had a fine start for the first three episodes, but it became worse after that. Glad it's over. Just awful. 3/10.

Sep 19, 2016 1:31 PM

May 2014
Blood x Izzy was the only thing this had going for it, otherwise this anime was garbage. Glad it's finally over. 4/10.
Sep 19, 2016 1:33 PM

Dec 2014
This anime started well and then it all went downhill from around episode 9-10 for me throwing in action packed episodes and not properly explaining anything wth was that finale? They turned into some beast, but why? I really don't understand any of it and apparently according to the ending that wasn't actually the deciding the battle and the deciding battle is in the south pole really hope there wont be another season of this train wreck cos well I don't want to see more of this mess. Overall 4/10. Very disappointed cos the anime started so strongly.
Sep 19, 2016 1:33 PM

Feb 2015
The biggest pile of garbage I've watched since shuffle.

It started well but after episode 4 it degenerated into utter nonsense. The script was written by a 13 year old, the CGI was embarrassing (especially that end fight in this ep) character and story were sold gold crap.

For the love of god no season 2, make more food wars, Dan Machi, or index anything but more of this!

3/10
Sep 19, 2016 1:44 PM

Jun 2014
This truly was one of the dumbest anime I've ever seen. It was so stupid, I could barely believe my eyes. This is the type of show that is so horrible that becomes amazing to watch. Truly a masterpiece of the clusterfuck. Boy was this hilarious, it almost never made sense and it kept topping itself with how dumb it could truly be. Some of the moments this show had were comedy gold. Whoever thought it was a good idea to promote this manga must have been pretty desperate. The CGI in the final episode was pretty bad, but the show didn't look like complete garbage on the whole. When I started watching this show I was at least hoping for some nice action scenes, but I never even got that. The characters were an absolute joke as well.
alpha_shadowJul 9, 2017 8:35 AM
:3
Sep 19, 2016 1:55 PM

Mar 2008
Anime started promising but it ended up as such garbage. The fact that they have put words FLAG on the character that was going to die just shows how much J.C. Staff didnt give fuck about it. The best part is that it finally ended. Or that at the end was a teaser for a second season? :S
Sep 19, 2016 1:57 PM

Sep 2008
I still can't believe I managed to watch whole season of this (or Hitori no Shita, I must be going crazy).

A complete and utter mess of a show. Horrible character development, story jumping left and right all the time, battles lasting way longer than they should (though they did look good at times).

3/10

Also, was that a preview of 2nd season at the end? Was this....thing, actually popular enough in Japan to warrant 2nd season? What the hell?
Sep 19, 2016 2:05 PM
Mar 2016
PIERRRRRO!!!!!!!! Looks like a season 2 is in the works.
Sep 19, 2016 2:14 PM

Feb 2016
that was pretty lame 3/10

episode 11 didnt got that rush, but then we have this ep 12 with a massive ammount of rush... well gg

and then, we have that ending sequence that is mostly being a second season
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 19, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2008
What did I just watch. Watching those giant dark-coloured monsters fighting against a dark background gave me eye-strain.

The amount of stupid dialogue actually made me embarrassed. Glad it's over, I'm in despair that they want to do more, probably an OVA or movie. Tamaki survived, I'm glad.

Screaming from helicopters doesn't work.
Sep 19, 2016 2:20 PM

May 2010
what the fuck was that? USA USA USA! CLOWN!
lame as shit ending to a show that went downhill from ep1.

5/10
Sep 19, 2016 2:31 PM

Feb 2015
Wow, that was a messy ending! ( ̄。 ̄)
Sep 19, 2016 2:32 PM

Dec 2013
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

5/10
Sep 19, 2016 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
That finale was pretty rushed Lol. I didn't really liked it but, oh well. I think it was entertaining until a certain point, but nothing too impressive. I'll give this a 4/10 just because I don't think its that bad, but it seemed rushed from episode 6 to finish line, and not to mention though the fact that there are far worse shows out there for J.C Staff standards (MAJIMOJI RURUMO ANYONE?)

Okay, that said and done though. At least the OST and the Action was nice, but I really didn't enjoyed it after a while.
Sep 19, 2016 2:48 PM

Oct 2010
Tamaki and Tom made it somewhat.. bearable.. dat teaser at the ending.. NO S2 PLS.

JUST GIVE ME MY DAMN INDEX III
Sep 19, 2016 3:04 PM

Aug 2015
uhhhh this last ep was rushed and that last battle wasn't enjoyable at all. 5/10
Sep 19, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2013
Did Tamaki just survived this mess? 10/10 people. 10/10. I admit I enjoyed the kaiju fight, though.

About the series, well, it's started very decently, but after the 4th episode everything went to shit. The pacing of some scenes seemed rushed, I cannot brought myself to care about the characters of this series (except BB, Tom and Tamaki), the series started to have some unintentionally comedic moments who made Mayoiga looks pale (Touko's death being the best example) and the ending already killed this trainwreck.

If they are actually going to make a second season of this, I will watch it. I need some keks in my life after all. That preview with the colonel screming "clown!" really got me.

4/10. And only because even when it was awful, I managed to enjoy it to an extent.
Sep 19, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2014
Wtf was this. Im so glad this is over. I actually hoped touko would come back because why the fuq not. Literally everone survives everything. Except for her. Because reasons.
This anime started of with good potential but then the sudio thought: fuq this shit its garbage anyway?
In the end it wasnt even funny anymore, also no yuri...

And dont tell me the ending scene means a second season?
Im sitting here knowing its been a year and still no OPM 2 in sight while shit like this gets a second season?! Omg.

Would probably watch anyway because tamaki. Lol
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 19, 2016 3:16 PM
Mar 2016
Indonesian people after watch this anime
"This anime was so damn great"

(not me)
Sep 19, 2016 3:41 PM
Nov 2013
Please tell me the post credits scene was just a teaser to get people interested in the source material... this show was way too rushed to have a split cour and way too shit to get a sequel right?
Sep 19, 2016 3:45 PM

Oct 2015
BB and Izzy moment inside of seigi body xD (this is crazy to say) plus that ending WTF was that lol
Happy that Tamaki is alive now he can marry that cosplayer waifu! :P plus he was my fav char :)
Sep 19, 2016 3:54 PM

Mar 2015
i thought the anime was horrible but this episode is pure shit. i just watched it as a comedy and i couldn't stop laughing during the whole time. i don't even know what to say, this was just hilariously bad

WORST ANIME EPISODE I'VE EVER WATCHED (And i've watched some very shitty stuff)
it made me drop the score of the anime from 4 to 2 (i actually want to give it a -1 but mal doesn't allow that)
Sep 19, 2016 4:05 PM
Jul 2012
Modo942000 said:
i thought the anime was horrible but this episode is pure shit. i just watched it as a comedy and i couldn't stop laughing during the whole time. i don't even know what to say, this was just hilariously bad

WORST ANIME EPISODE I'VE EVER WATCHED (And i've watched some very shitty stuff)
it made me drop the score of the anime from 4 to 2 (i actually want to give it a -1 but mal doesn't allow that)

Yeah and i wanted to give Trigger-chan an 11/10. They should really implement such ratings just for the fun of it and just make them not count in the overall.
Sep 19, 2016 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
That was...wow I'm so glad this show is over. This was the Summer 2016 version of Big Order except even more messy. I pray it doesn't get a second season because it felt like a joke.

2/5 for the finale
3/10 for the entire series.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 19, 2016 4:17 PM

Jul 2016
What? S2? PV at the end of the episode? Noooooooooooooo.

Tamaki made this last 2 episodes worth to watch. He's the only side character that transcend to being a main one. He destroyed the big wall that separates the side character to main. And he destroyed the death flags that he raised himself.

And USA, USA, USA! Oh damn, that one isn't really necessary.
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Sep 19, 2016 4:17 PM

Jul 2015
Tamaki survived , all is well.

Tamaki Survived/10
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

120 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 1:09 PM

» Does anyone know why this anime has this hate and low ratings

Naveen6662246 - Apr 3

12 by Redetzky »»
Apr 7, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

138 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

96 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

104 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.