Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I thought the episode was good, it sets up for the finale well in particular with the mind games Hakumen is playing against his enemies. Loved the reverse psychology that Tora used though especially since Hakumen seems to be the one afraid now.

Really liked the fact that Ushio and Tora are using everything they got and fighting like a team despite personal differences. Good stuff, can't wait to see the finale. What a journey this has been after reflecting on their way to here.
Stark700Jun 17, 2016 7:59 AM
Jun 17, 2016 8:13 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was a really good showcase of a everyone working together and pulling their own weight too

Loved at the end there where Tora was roasting Hakumen lol....Can't wait to see the finale
Jun 17, 2016 8:24 AM

Sep 2013
I laughed my ass off when the plane came out of the gate. Out-of-context-anime-content right there.
Jun 17, 2016 8:35 AM

Jan 2015
I know this batlle will continue until the last episode.
That Hakume... So slick, it produce poison mist even while molting. Not to mention for a second there the Beast Spear trying to make Ushio lose control again. At least it's not like the last one. And lots of respect for the Azafuse for their sacrifices.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 17, 2016 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
It was good to see humans came to help out!

Everyone working together was really nice.

I can't wait to see the finale.
Jun 17, 2016 9:32 AM

Feb 2015
5/5 for this episode...

HOLY CRAP
(That is all that can be said, it's that damn good)
Jun 17, 2016 9:38 AM

Sep 2013
Hakumen fight continues, human army helps out and hakumen loses his fear influence almost completely.
Azafuze turn into mini hakumen and destroy some tails, and some smack talk about hakumen being scared.
Jun 17, 2016 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
ArtemisFlow said:
I laughed my ass off when the plane came out of the gate. Out-of-context-anime-content right there.

+1 that was so friggin hilarious
Jun 17, 2016 10:20 AM

Jun 2014
Is there a youkai that can use ice? Because Hakumen is gonna need some after that burn from Tora.

Looks like Ushio and Tora have gained the upper hand in this fight, it should be exciting to see how it all ends. And I agree, wtf was up with the airplane coming from the gate lol it seemed so random.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 17, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. That huge ass arm and plane coming out of nowhere to save the girls xD. Ushio and Tora have Hakumen backed to a corner. Excited for the finale!
Jun 17, 2016 12:24 PM

Mar 2013
this is what happens when humans and monsters work together. overall I loved this episode I can't find any fault unless you're nitpicking. we got to see so much in this episode from what the humans are doing, to returning characters, the loss of some characters, and the truth of hakumen and the beast spear.
Jun 17, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2013
Barion-Zara said:
ArtemisFlow said:

+1 that was so friggin hilarious

Hilariously awesome.

The cliffhanger wasn't what I thought it'd be, but the one scene I thought would have been the cliffhanger happened in the episode anyway. It was freaky, but that badass speech of taking Hakumen no Mono down to Hell with them as they laugh uproariously was awesome. Loved it.

Can hardly wait for next week. I'm gonna try to emotionally prepare myself, but I don't think it's going to do me any good doing so.
Jun 17, 2016 12:34 PM

Nov 2012
LMAO that mofo got to keep his plane even in the afterlife. I guess it makes sense since people keep their clothes usually, but idk you don't usually see full huge objects like planes in this type of stuff involving returning ghosts.

Tora laid down some serious trash talk, that stuff about kings looking down and mocking Hakumen no Mono for looking up was priceless, good guys almost never say stuff like that! Tora is like when someone like Triple H plays babyface.
Jaywalker.
Jun 17, 2016 1:38 PM

Dec 2013
ArtemisFlow said:

Yeah me too. That scene lmaooooooo
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 17, 2016 1:51 PM
Dec 2015
This is a glorious final battle. They're really making the effort to have everyone and everything from the series be a part of it. I truly lost it when the plane showed up. I didn't know planes had spirits, but I guess they do. I kind of wish the Azafuse hadn't died, but they went out in a pretty glorious way.

I kind of wish it wouldn't end next week but oh well. Guess I'll read the manga after it does...
Jun 17, 2016 2:26 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Deus Ex Plane right there man, LOL.

I loved Tora breaking down Hakumen at the end. It's going to lash out big time now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 17, 2016 4:04 PM

Apr 2013
For those laughing at the airplane, btw, I think the anime did the scene from the manga justice. I don't think it's as impressive as seeing a ghost ship ram Hakumen no Mono, but what can you do.
Jun 17, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
Really surprised the battle against the Hakumen didn't finished this episode. Kinda glad that didn't happened, since an entire episode for an epilogue would have been too much.

The plane scene was ridiculous, but really awesome. The apperences of the fathers of those girls and the youkai who Asako saved in the scientists arc reminds me how much I love that the "monster of the week" episodea that the series used in the beginning actually serves a purpose here to avoid things looks like asspulls.

Then the Azafuses would have eventually turn into another Hakumens. That reveal shocked me, but it has sense considering the origin of the Hakumen. That conversation of Tora with it at the end sounded interesting.

Only 1 episode left... I will definitely miss this series.
Jun 17, 2016 6:00 PM

Jan 2008
Hakumen: "This isn't even my final form!"
Jun 17, 2016 7:54 PM
Dec 2014
FallenEntity said:
this is what happens when humans and monsters work together. overall I loved this episode I can't find any fault unless you're nitpicking. we got to see so much in this episode from what the humans are doing, to returning characters, the loss of some characters, and the truth of hakumen and the beast spear.
I 100% agree , you don't see a lot of anime where humans and monster work together, most of the time humans are good guys and monsters are bad guys ( tho their have been case was the other way around has happen ) and its nice to see an anime that shows anyone can work together to beat a common enemy. :)

I really Hope Hakumen gets a pathetic death and ask for Ushio to spare his life.
Jun 17, 2016 8:27 PM

Mar 2009
Can't believe there's only one episode left. What a wild ride it's been. I'm really going to miss this show...
Jun 17, 2016 9:45 PM

Oct 2011
csnt wait for the finale
Jun 17, 2016 10:10 PM

Aug 2015
I am so anxious to see the finale. This anime has had me on the edge of my seat!
Jun 18, 2016 12:01 AM

Jan 2015
Mini hakumen, ur going Down ;-))
;-P
Jun 18, 2016 6:04 AM

Aug 2015
That was a great episode. Tora in the end was great, talking like that to Hakumen.
Jun 18, 2016 6:36 AM

Jan 2011
I was waiting for that speech about Hakumen always looking down from below with jealousy. You could just feel how much it stung him.
Jun 18, 2016 7:05 AM

Jun 2013
god that was amazing and that speech at the end tauntin Hakumen
Jun 18, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
Tora is always the best, his speech at this end was priceless
Jun 18, 2016 11:50 PM
May 2010
It's too bad this episode have so many stills but the awesome dialogues makes up for it.
From Azafuse talk to drag Hakumen to hell, Ushio touching speech, and the cherry on top Tora brutally smack talk Hakumen. These are probably the best lines of this season
Jun 20, 2016 8:04 PM

Jan 2009
That was great! The finale is going to be a blast, I feel it :D
Jun 21, 2016 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
The finale draws near. I can't wait.
Jun 21, 2016 8:57 PM

Jan 2013
Eventful episode, this one is.
But, how will it end in one more.
Jun 26, 2016 9:56 PM

Aug 2010
It was fun seeing a lot of the old characters.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 28, 2016 10:42 AM

Dec 2015
So many good endings leading upto the finale couldn't wait to see how it all wraps up.
Jul 7, 2016 9:10 AM

Mar 2015
Great lead-up to the final episode, this one. Nice to see short cameos of everyone that played a part in leading up to this point!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 26, 2016 7:54 AM

Mar 2016
This was probably epic in the manga, where Ushio had met so many and everyone comes back... but here... It just kinda didn't work for me because none of it was included.

Like even the snow youkai, where the hell did they come from? Stuff like this bothers me, only cause it wasn't shown.
The thing about the Azafuse becoming Hakumen was neat though. Hakumen is the representation of pure hatred, from Tora's body, thus the Azafuse who are bred by the spear simply to hate Hakumen the more they use it, eventually become what? The embodiment of that pure hatred... which is the form of Hakumen.

So, how come garbage like Naruto gets 2 full years of filler, yet Ushio and Tora, a show that needs a lot of its original content, can only get 39?
How come the lame Pokemon anime never stops production, even after 20 years? Or Gintama or Fairy Tail; all these awful shows that get endless productions.

Shows that have seemingly no plots get endless episodes, but the ones with never seem to. Thinking of Berserk too.

Farabeuf said:
Deus Ex Plane right there man, LOL.

I loved Tora breaking down Hakumen at the end. It's going to lash out big time now.

Deus Ex Machina is out of nowhere saves that aren't set up. Episodes 3 and 8 and the Meikai Gate set them up, so that's one of the few examples the anime did in copying the manga of having everyone who Ushio helped in the past play a role, which I like.

Even Umizatou helping Sumako was set up. He's a youkai of the sea; I think a representation of it himself, hence why I would get that he hates Sumako more than any other youkai; she had that barrier up in his territory.
And now that even he knows (he is the sea), he changed his mind.
That's great and all set up. The internal logic of the motivations is all there.

What bothered me more was how Reiko and Yuu found Saya on that island, which I'm sure makes more sense in the manga.
CrimsonCWAug 26, 2016 8:28 AM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Apr 19, 2017 4:54 AM

Feb 2013
Hakumen doesn't look too confident now, Tora is absolutely right and we all know that he is scared of the spear.
Sep 26, 2017 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
Kagari slaying with that fine pose.
HnM is cracking up.
Where those tanks come from?
Kagari so fine.
Maybe it's the plot allowing you to stay in the poison mist, Ushio.
Kagari so fine.
Lawd! Dat Jun oppai.
Rocket Azafuse heads.
lol She got hot water.
Bal-chan saved them.
Saya!
Reiko's dad saving her.
Yuu's dad saving her. I'm calling bullshit with that plane.
HnM is looking up at you because he's a fox looking mother f'er.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 27, 2019 7:40 AM
Jun 2013
the whole them turning into hakumen is confusing. I liked how tora and ushio dressed hakumen down. Also everyone showed up here we even got a ghost plane lol.
Jun 9, 2019 7:42 PM
Sep 2017
Loved Tora mocking Hakumen! Tell ‘im boyo! He’s about to get his butt kicked!
Nice how they showed everyone doing their part and working together.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

101 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 13, 6:46 AM

» How much did they skip?

BestBoiEren - Apr 3, 2016

14 by LynnVy »»
Feb 16, 6:15 PM

» Season 2 questions

VinnyDark70 - Jun 7, 2021

6 by ksm4367 »»
Aug 20, 2023 1:45 AM

» List of Ushio to Tora anime (2015) skipped manga chapters?

MetalTxus - Aug 13, 2017

6 by Tsurugi10 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 2022 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.