Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2016 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol that was really funny. A really funny feast with a lot of comedy. I also like how they used some classic music to make the episode more dramatic.

That's one feast I won't forget for sure. Really like the food reactions as well, just hilarious. I miss this show still, hope it gets another season in the future.
Jun 10, 2016 8:57 AM

May 2013
wkwk it is really funny.
and interesting to see Femt/Leonardo combi :D
Jun 11, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
Great OVA. I really missed all the cast, so seeing them again was nice. The dinner scene was really funny, the Libra agents really lose their minds of how delicious the dishes were.
Steven's character has grown a bit on me too, I found him very overshadowed by every other character in the main series, so seeing some scenes of him were refreshing. I feel totally identificated with him when everyone started to made an scene in front of the prince and he felt nervous because the noise they were made.

I also loved how they gave Femt (my favorite character of the series) a role here. He destroying those guys with that monster was totally awesome. Even he has standards about his plans of destruction after all.

The usage of classic music as the soundtrack was a good choice imo. Fits perfectly the style of the series and accompained well the scenes. Another nice thing was hear Toshiyuki Morikawa and Jouji Nakata in this.

Overall, very satisfying. Now give us a second season, Bones.
IllyricusJun 11, 2016 1:24 PM
Jun 12, 2016 3:30 AM

May 2013
Seeing this episode reminded of how much I missed this series!

This OVA in particular was a really fun watch it just impresses me how entertaining Kekkai Sensen can be, its hilarious how this episode became Shokugeki no Somaish with all this foodgasm,

The soundtrack selection for this episode impressed me, I didn´t expect for them to go with classical themes such as Love Dream from Franz Liszt it was an unexpected pleasure for my ears.

I guess the most astonishing thing from this episode is how Leo team up with the King of Deprivation, this somehow showed us the audience a bit more of the mentality and ideals this mysterious character lives upon and somehow becoming the "hero" of this episode.

I really had a blast with this one and I hope we get more Kekkai Sensen in the near future, Good Job Bones :D
Jun 13, 2016 2:43 PM
Jan 2015
Good to relieve the missing, now give us a second season.
Jun 15, 2016 8:20 AM
Feb 2016
hey where or how do you all watch ova with sub? Or do you all watch the espanol sub? I just getting confused here
Jun 16, 2016 4:20 PM
Jun 2013
Illyricus said:
Great OVA. I really missed all the cast, so seeing them again was nice. The dinner scene was really funny, the Libra agents really lose their minds of how delicious the dishes were.
Steven's character has grown a bit on me too, I found him very overshadowed by every other character in the main series, so seeing some scenes of him were refreshing. I feel totally identificated with him when everyone started to made an scene in front of the prince and he felt nervous because the noise they were made.
where did you guys watch the ova
?????????????????????????????????????????

I also loved how they gave Femt (my favorite character of the series) a role here. He destroying those guys with that monster was totally awesome. Even he has standards about his plans of destruction after all.

The usage of classic music as the soundtrack was a good choice imo. Fits perfectly the style of the series and accompained well the scenes. Another nice thing was hear Toshiyuki Morikawa and Jouji Nakata in this.

where did you guys watch the ova???????????????
Jun 16, 2016 11:33 PM

Jul 2013
mewygrl8 said:
Illyricus said:
where did you guys watch the ova
?????????????????????????????????????????

I watched it with Spanish subs.
Jun 17, 2016 12:08 AM
Jun 2013
Illyricus said:
mewygrl8 said:

I watched it with Spanish subs.

Yea that's the one i found :/ it wont be the same effect tho
Jun 17, 2016 12:09 AM
Jun 2013
Yeah thats the one i saw but it wont be the same effect
Jun 18, 2016 3:12 AM

Oct 2013
same as leo, i thought how surprising to find those guys surviving instead.....

but there's not enough of the whole libra...

season 2 please!!
Jun 29, 2016 4:04 AM

Dec 2012
An OVA full of comedy, it was very funny. Zapp is crazy as usual and I laughed so hard when they tasted the dish.
This anime needs a new season.
Aug 8, 2016 3:44 AM

Feb 2013
Boring.
There were a few funny moments when they were eating, but nothing special.
Aug 8, 2016 3:52 AM

Sep 2014
That was hilarious!Steven tried to look elegant while the others had gone crazy because of the dishes.Zapp and prince slapping each other's shoulders,while they were laughing was lmao.Femt was awesome,he created a huge monster from a pill and annihilated the intruders.I really missed that show!
Aug 8, 2016 5:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol this was so great. I love how Steven was worried about how Zapp and Leo would react to the gourmet food since they eat junk food all the time, and in Steven's mind, Zapp was literally eating trash!!! Fish bones, molded cheese, rotten banana peel, and even underwear! I can't get over Zapp and Leo's faces when they ate that first bite of the hors d'oeuvre, it was a combination of mind blown and being taken to a new world. Rewatched that part several times. Loved the effect the food had on everyone else and the imagery. Kekkai Sensen really excels in the creativity department X) This OVA makes me miss the series as well as Matsumoto Rie's amazing directing.
Aug 8, 2016 8:04 PM

Mar 2015
This OVA is what's so charming about Kekkai Sensen, loved it.
Aug 10, 2016 2:19 AM

Jul 2015
That sub font....

╳ ╳ ╳
Aug 11, 2016 12:52 AM

Feb 2014
I think the director was a 2001 fan.
Aug 11, 2016 2:03 AM

Aug 2012
This was a fun return to the cast but clearly not up to the quality of most of the stories selected for the first season. It was also good to get a new story from the manga that I've never seen before (since Dark Horse hasn't released anything past volume 7 for some reason) as much as I prefer several stories from the first volumes that were never adapted, I enjoyed getting completely new content as well. What really elevated this special was the visual dedication to the jokes. Stuff like Steven checking on Zed being viewed as a war scene or actually transforming Zapp & Leo into monkeys to enhance the jokes really worked. & the visuals framing device when Leo & Femt were working together was brilliant. This series has always been aesthetically pleasing & daring, and I'm glad to see this OVA was no exception. I would've preferred hearing some of the old OST again, even if it was just the ED but classical music worked well enough. There's not much too really say about this, Kekkai Sensen: Ousama no Restaurant no Ousama (is that really the title? talk about redundant) gets a 7/10.
Aug 15, 2016 6:46 AM
Jun 2016
I loved this ova!! It made me realize how much i miss these characters. The ova was down right hilarious seeing the cast going crazy over food. The clasical music was a good choice too, it fit the episode very well. I'm really hoping that kekkai sensen comes out with another seasn, although nothing has been anounced at the moment.
Aug 23, 2016 1:33 PM

Nov 2014
Terrible beyond belief. Felt like walking into a room full of morons in the after glow of an inside joke only for it to take 24 minutes to realise they were all giggling about sharting.
Sep 5, 2016 8:44 PM

Aug 2014
We need more of this Leo xD :

Loved every single minute of it...now where is my season 2 Bones?
Sep 11, 2016 11:19 PM

Dec 2012
I loved how Leo was trying to ask my waifu, Chain, out by asking her if she had been to the restaurant before. :)

They had to contain their foodgasms. Had the chief been Soma, they wouldn't have been ale to hold it in.

All the Chain scenes were great.
RobSep 12, 2016 12:16 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 28, 2016 2:32 AM

Sep 2008
I love it!
This was so funny!
I couldn't stop laughing!
They reactions were just extremely amusing xD
And that music, that art and animation!

Ah! Great episode!
5/5
Oct 10, 2016 12:47 PM

Jun 2015
lmao did anyone get this reference from 2001: A Space Odyssey ?
Dec 21, 2016 11:45 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I really missed this cast of characters. This was hilarious all the way to the end. Can't wait for season 2!
Dec 21, 2016 2:12 PM

Jan 2016
This reminded me of how much I love Kekkai Sensen. A great ova.
Dec 22, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2013
Amazing OVA. It felt so short!
It was great to see the main cast again.

Loved everything about it. The classic music, the art, the direction and the food <3
Dec 22, 2016 10:42 AM

Nov 2016
Lol so many funny scenes: their reactions while eating, Steven constantly worrying about their behaviour and the King of Deprivation's slow motion xD

It's always a pleasure to hear Kazuya Nakai's voice acting.
Raichi_Dec 22, 2016 10:45 AM
Dec 22, 2016 5:20 PM

May 2015
Eh, I thought it was pretty boring. Nothing really special.

Jan 10, 2017 4:16 AM

Jan 2011
Ha, great fun. Kekkai Sensen has some of the best presentation. You gotta love that certain dryness to everything that just makes it really pop.
Feb 15, 2017 3:57 PM
Feb 2017
But I need to KNOW, what happened to the Butler, that Leo praised. Did he die?. Cause he was spitting blood, but the other ones didn't die, so what is the deal?! He just left him behind. I'm so invested in this charachter, that I made an account, just to find out.
Sep 18, 2017 1:08 PM

Jan 2013
this is the occasion wherei enjoy the OVA more than the actual show...it does made me look forward to &Beyond tho
Oct 1, 2017 2:11 PM

Sep 2013
Orgasmic food at the restaurant, fremt is there and saves the day with leo after some criminals and their blackmailed hostage attack the place.
Jan 10, 2018 1:28 PM

May 2012
Quite a fun episode, really love food focused episodes actually! Really interesting to see this series fit into this genre as well :p

Really different yet really enjoyable!
May 22, 2018 2:00 PM

Jun 2016
When Bones decides to show what they could do if they got to animate Shokugeki.

Honestly, I was in awe at the animation and direction, it was reminiscent of the more experimental OVAs of the 80s and 90s, something I thought to be an extinct breed these days. It worked really well with the comedy.

Rating this a 8.5/10, almost a full point more than the first season!

Sep 3, 2019 10:12 AM

Dec 2015
Tbh I missed this wacky anime and its even wackier cast lol.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 23, 2020 2:39 AM

Jul 2015
What a tough battle that must have been, eating the food only the king of kings eat. Pretty important lesson to be learned, never mess with the restaurant which the King of depravity Femt himself loves.

Dec 8, 2020 8:05 AM

Nov 2017
literally couldn't stop laughing this was incredibly funny
the 2001 references had me rolling and everyone's reactions to the food were great
really glad i watched this
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Dec 22, 2020 8:54 AM

May 2018
Best episode yet! The food puts both gordon ramsay and Yukihira Souma to shame ;)
Nov 23, 2021 9:39 AM

Mar 2019
Lol, this episode was intense in more than one way. Had a lot of funny moments and damn that ending with Femt. Especially what he said at the end, I always love those moments!!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 7, 2022 12:03 PM
May 2021
Really Funny OVA 😂😂😂
Apr 19, 2023 9:16 AM
Jun 2017
Spookiest sound ive ever hear not only in anime
Mar 22, 9:05 AM

Jan 2013
Lmao hilarious episode.
Love the references to "2001 - A Space Odyssey".

Truly a euphoric episode!

More topics from this board

» Raw and Subs When??

Harukei_bMaster - Mar 26, 2016

26 by Likiska »»
Aug 10, 2016 9:28 PM

» Nakata Jouji and Toshiyuki Morikawa join the cast for Kekkai Sensen OVA

kyuudere - Mar 4, 2016

12 by Harukei_bMaster »»
Mar 25, 2016 6:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.