Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2016 11:27 PM

Apr 2015
Hotaru saying Ramune and Lemonade was hilarious. Her saying ramune reminds me of the VA of China-san in 15 bishoujo hentai anime
#CHEXIT
Mar 27, 2016 12:57 AM
Jan 2013
Next episode?
fucking clusterfuck!!
Mar 27, 2016 5:13 AM

Jul 2009
Saya always had luck! I am glad there's only 1 episode left...
Mar 27, 2016 6:29 AM

Feb 2008

It would seem the US delegation visiting Japan for negotiations was a rather merry bunch. First half was more enjoyable, though. I wonder, how will they conclude the series...?
Mar 27, 2016 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
I find more and more inadequate character Kokonotsu recounted in the various contexts so far, I do not understand why we return to the question of the coming of Hotaru, the end has not added much to what we already knew, at the time of the light that is spent to do everything. Perhaps the most interesting part is right in the end, only at that moment there is a definite step forward in history.

Today's young people are really demanding. XD
Mar 27, 2016 8:41 AM

Apr 2015
Loli Saya is super cute, as per always, fuck the original I care about the anime

The lemonade part was awesome comedy
Mar 27, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2015
Saya blushing when Coconut touched her chest HNG.
Really funny episode. XDD

Mar 27, 2016 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
That little girl and her 30 seconds of domination, women are scary.
The end was kinda strange.
Mar 27, 2016 2:56 PM

Jan 2014
"Calorie Queen" really has some added value on Easter, with Hotarou wearing the bunny outfit =D
allenjke said:
That little girl and her 30 seconds of domination, women are scary.
The end was kinda strange.

Lol, she was such a gold digger.

The ending was typical Dagashi Kashi: Kokonotsu complaining about Hotarou not being clear, while he was the one that didn't get on board of the train, purely for the sake of dramatic effect. He really is just as bad/messed up as she is.
Argyre said:
It would seem the US delegation visiting Japan for negotiations was a rather merry bunch. First half was more enjoyable, though. I wonder, how will they conclude the series...?

That was some marvelous self critical historical parody +1.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 27, 2016 3:35 PM

Mar 2013
lol, that little bitch at the beginning :X
Mar 28, 2016 4:51 AM

Sep 2013
Argyre said:

Yeah I Hope this series not have OPEN ENDING
Mar 28, 2016 6:23 AM

May 2010
Japanese economy sure is strong, the price of gum remained the same since Kokonatsu' childhood.

Saya's luck is too amazing... They should just make her the president of Japan, lol.

Kokonatsu annoys me though. Like. Pls, Hotaru is always like that.

"Chug! Chug! Chug! Phoenix" pfff what?

Wow, Hotaru is being reasonable. How in world? Jk, I love her <3
Mar 28, 2016 6:27 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
LMAO that girl in the flashback...fuck you lol

It can't be a very good episode when i'm doing other stuff rather than following the episode, second half was exactly that.
Mar 28, 2016 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
SAYA's too HAX, I'd love to gamble with her putting all my money on her winning XD
Mar 29, 2016 1:44 AM

Aug 2014
I do look forward to the conclusion, the train station part was hilarious imo, the first part, not so much.
Mar 29, 2016 10:58 PM

Dec 2014
That little girl was a gold digger to the core. God damn.

Also that lemonade mispronunciation thing... wasn't that how Canada got it's name? Kanata --- > Canada
Mar 30, 2016 1:17 AM

Mar 2016
G_Spark233 said:
Really liked You in this episode. What a nice guy!

2nd half was alright. Enjoyed the first half more tbh

Beautiful

This part cracked me up xD
Mar 30, 2016 4:28 PM

Nov 2015
You is so funny I love him

Mar 31, 2016 4:43 AM

May 2009
Nezperdian said:
The director knows about the quality of characters. Nobody wants a low tier's one like Hotaru.
Saya's the god tier waifu.
>implying a slife of life needs to be adapted accurately
Kek.

Hotaru is only reason this got an anime. She has majority of appearance in manga, fanarts and doujins. Sayashit is boring and drags series to the bottom.
And it's not slice of life but comedy, so yes it should have adapt funniest chapters not skip them.
Mar 31, 2016 10:46 PM

Dec 2012
You-san is the best guy, the funniest character of this show.
This episode was hilarious :)
Apr 1, 2016 10:33 AM

Sep 2010
rofl that little girl was so cute haha
Imagine if you put that in real life perspective.
Gum would be the powerball ticket and that paper is the winning number
Apr 1, 2016 6:43 PM

Jan 2013
Kokonotsu's dad is actually a very nice guy ;)
And that girl was really a bit** omg!
That train station part xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 4, 2016 3:30 AM

Feb 2008
bastek66 said:
Another episode full of anime original shit. First half was mostly chapter 50 with added by director sayashit parts. Yep, there were only Hotaru and Kokonotsu inside the box and flashback for pointless shippingbait is also made up. Second half was almost whole original (small bit about Perry was from ch. 13), Hotaru didn't give up in convincing Kokonotsu.
Next episode seems to be full on original shit yet again http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/dagashi/story/

Really shame that waifushitter director decided to favour inexistant shippingshit between Kokonotsu and Saya instead adapting fun chapters with Hotaru (interactions of main duo are 3/4 of manga).

It says a lot about the source if the best parts of a show are "fillers". Hotaru jokes were pretty boring since early into the show, since it's always "candy trivia ✔ (GONE SEXUAL!) (GONE WILD!)". Episodes with Saya and her dumb brother mostly added fresh air into a boring show. Not like Saya episodes were any good, but I'd probably drop this farily in if it was just Hotaru and Coconuts. I'd say that it might be a "ruined adaptation", but it is an improvement over the manga if it's mostly Hotaru jokes with barely any variety.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 4, 2016 5:54 AM

Nov 2012
Finally we get to see the reason why You-san is offered for an employment at Shidare. The flashback was hilarious, damn Saya is lady luck incarnate.

Hotaru as usual being unintentionally lewd.

It seems this original episode is intended to lead to the conclusion of the series.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 4, 2016 7:23 AM

May 2009
ZetaZaku said:
but it is an improvement over the manga if it's mostly Hotaru jokes with barely any variety.

The problem is that these skipped fun chapter had nice variety, like radio calisthenics chapter
Apr 5, 2016 9:12 AM

Dec 2012
Give his dad the human of the year! :o
Apr 7, 2016 12:47 AM

Oct 2013
bastek66 said:
Another episode full of anime original shit. First half was mostly chapter 50 with added by director sayashit parts. Yep, there were only Hotaru and Kokonotsu inside the box and flashback for pointless shippingbait is also made up. Second half was almost whole original (small bit about Perry was from ch. 13), Hotaru didn't give up in convincing Kokonotsu.
Next episode seems to be full on original shit yet again http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/dagashi/story/

Really shame that waifushitter director decided to favour inexistant shippingshit between Kokonotsu and Saya instead adapting fun chapters with Hotaru (interactions of main duo are 3/4 of manga).

I've looked forward to your salt every episode bro.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 7, 2016 12:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That little girl was a total bandwagon bitch.

Damn Hotaru, stop being so sexy.
Apr 8, 2016 6:56 AM

Jul 2015
@bastek66 The director isn't an idiot. With more episodes he might have adapted the manga in a different way, but with only 12 episodes he decided to balance the characters screentime and the romcom/dagashi-ecchi elements. How do you think people would have reacted to 12 episodes of Coconuts and Hotaru talking about sweets non-stop, with a complete absence of subplots?

This just seems like a blind case of manga purism to me.
Apr 8, 2016 7:27 AM

May 2009
Clebardman said:
@bastek66 The director isn't an idiot. With more episodes he might have adapted the manga in a different way, but with only 12 episodes he decided to balance the characters screentime and the romcom/dagashi-ecchi elements. How do you think people would have reacted to 12 episodes of Coconuts and Hotaru talking about sweets non-stop, with a complete absence of subplots?

This just seems like a blind case of manga purism to me.

I just wanted all fun chapers adapted, not all boring ones just because there is his waifu. People who read manga like Hotaru and Kokonotsu's hijinks otherwise they wouldn't read it.
Also what the point of this balance when it's not present in manga? Anime is commercial for source material so they basically lied bunch of sayafags that there is romance and she is relevant.
Zadion said:

Thanks
bastek66Apr 8, 2016 7:34 AM
Apr 8, 2016 7:56 AM

Jul 2015
bastek66 said:
Anime is commercial for source material so they basically lied bunch of sayafags that there is romance and she is relevant.

No. The goal of an anime is to bring enough money to cover it's production cost. Anime studios don't care about making a 100% correct adaptation, they care about making something that fits the format, and is decent enough to bring money. Adapting manga is safer because a fanbase already exists.
Apr 11, 2016 11:10 AM

May 2012
Pretty fun episode, up to the last one!
Apr 27, 2016 8:33 PM

Feb 2014
The dubbed version of the Admiral Perry ramune story was fantastic.
May 8, 2016 4:33 PM

Jul 2014
Confederate_Jeb said:
The dubbed version of the Admiral Perry ramune story was fantastic.
Hello fellow dub watcher!I completely agree.
Zadion said:
bastek66 said:

Same here.
Jun 2, 2016 3:07 PM

Dec 2015
"I'll suck it a little" hahahaha LMAO
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 4, 2016 1:09 AM
Jul 2011
This episode was funny as hell, especially the innuendos at the train station.

But going back to that little girl and boy who entered the shop...That girl is a straight-up A-Grade Gold Digger wh**e, think about it. She is only there to gain not to be with him...and when he didn't win the prize, she ignored and also dissed him, then she has the audacity to return the attention once he "supposedly win"...kind of like a lottery analogy anyone??? If this shit happened in real life, I'd tell that boy "Son...you got yourself a sour candy...cuz she ain't as sweet as you think" pun intended ;)
Aug 2, 2016 11:29 PM

Jan 2015
Argyre said:

Did anyone notice the Saint Seiya reference here? Like, they were saying "Chug-a-lug! Chug-a-lug! Chug-a-lug... Phoenix!" I paid attention to what they were saying in Japanese and it actually sounded something like "Ikki! Ikki! Ikki! Phoenix!"

Also, Perry's voice actor is Tomokazu Sugita, who voiced Ikki in Saint Seiya Omega, but that may be just a coincidence.
Aug 15, 2016 11:38 PM

Mar 2015
That little girl is dead meat in my standard.

What will happen to Hotaru if Nuts wanted to become mangaka?

2.9/5
Sep 24, 2016 1:44 AM
Dec 2009
I know Hotaru is probably the most popular girl here but I ship Saya with Coconuts :) Hotaru is just so strange. Too over-the-top for me.
May 5, 2017 5:31 AM

Feb 2013
That story about the origins of ramune was the best part, really funny stuff.
May 24, 2017 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
dat wimp missed the chance for indirect kiss and even miss the train the 2nd time... (ultra facepalm)

only saving grace is the loli saya and innuendo and perry
Jan 3, 2018 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
The bit about Perry was hilarious.
Feb 2, 2018 11:55 PM

Mar 2017
Finally got to see You-San again, his appearance did not disappoint xD
Sep 29, 2018 6:26 AM

Apr 2013
Lemonda.... Ramune... damn I would've never thought of that. How it went down in the past was really funny.
Mar 20, 2020 4:19 AM

Oct 2017
How does Saya not know the actual reason Hotaru came to their town xD

HOTARU YARE YARED

Damn this new girl a real thot
She's only after Ono for free candy smfh

Gosh I have so much respect for Yo (*/ω\)

Holy crap what is with Saya's insane luck.

Smh coconuts and his perverted mind

I never figured that "Ramune" sounds like "Lemonade" holy--

Jul 2, 2020 3:09 AM
Dec 2019
Saya is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters out of any anime. Shes cute, nice, and have the perfect amount of Naive to her that makes her perfect. Bonus: She is 40% Tsun, 60% dere. Shes nice without turning into a bitch.

Oct 21, 2020 11:50 AM

May 2018
Poor Hotaru, getting withdrawal symptoms xD

And poor Kokonotsu, he never got to suck it xD
Sep 30, 2021 11:07 PM

Jul 2019
Heh, Kokonotsu getting pissed for not getting to suck boobs. Why would he think she really offered him that? Was the japanese phrase used more ambiguous or was it just dumb comedy?

Jun 25, 2023 6:00 PM
Jul 2022
Litwo! Ojczyzno moja! ty jesteś jak zdrowie.

Ile cię trzeba cenić, ten tylko się dowie,

Kto cię stracił. Dziś piękność twą w całej ozdobie

Widzę i opisuję, bo tęsknię po tobie.

Panno Święta, co Jasnej bronisz Częstochowy

I w Ostrej świecisz Bramie! Ty, co gród zamkowy

Nowogródzki ochraniasz z jego wiernym ludem!

Jak mnie dziecko do zdrowia powróciłaś cudem

(Gdy od płaczącej matki pod Twoję opiekę

Ofiarowany, martwą podniosłem powiekę

I zaraz mogłem pieszo do Twych świątyń progu

Iść za wrócone życie podziękować Bogu),

Tak nas powrócisz cudem na Ojczyzny łono.

Tymczasem przenoś moję duszę utęsknioną

Do tych pagórków leśnych, do tych łąk zielonych,

Szeroko nad błękitnym Niemnem rozciągnionych;

Do tych pól malowanych zbożem rozmaitem,

Wyzłacanych pszenicą, posrebrzanych żytem;

Gdzie bursztynowy świerzop, gryka jak śnieg biała,

Gdzie panieńskim rumieńcem dzięcielina pała,

A wszystko przepasane, jakby wstęgą, miedzą

Zieloną, na niej z rzadka ciche grusze siedzą.
Mar 24, 12:40 PM
Apr 2018
We needed this; an episode with only the two main leads.
Is she really that mature for not taking any of MC's words seriously.
"suck what?!" 🔥🥵 I'd have gladly suck on those melons
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

174 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

106 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

106 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

143 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

225 by Marzin135 »»
Dec 31, 2023 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.