3It was OK
16.9%
2Disliked it
4.1%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.2
148 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2015 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FINALLY. Shiro arrives. I don't why but his reunion with Kuro felt a bit...odd. I mean, it must be odd with the way he just showed up. Neko's embrace to him didn't surprise me though. She looks so damn happy to see him lol

Pacing felt kinda slow again although having Shiro back does change the atmosphere somewhat. His personality changed quite a bit from his original debut imo.
Oct 23, 2015 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
It took a while for 3some battle to realize white king's sword. Green king told him to get off. After brief reunion, he immediately asked two kings' help.

Report of 2nd king passing away (from the movie), and it is somehow related to Green king acting out. They agreed. Later, white king asked blue king if he can be any help on protecting something I couldn't catch up (stone coffin or something?) but got refused because he ran away.

25:57 (two mins. late) next. Action begins?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 23, 2015 1:09 PM

Sep 2010
Everyone teaming up to fight Nagare and it looks like things are officially going to be uphill from here and I can't wait. Sukuna is rather powerful little kid to take on both Fushimi and Yata without breaking a sweat.

Kuroh is such a waifu when it comes to Shiro and Neko is like their pet cat. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 23, 2015 1:12 PM

Aug 2014
I can't stop thinking that they burned all their budget on episode 1 flashy animation.

So. We get another exposition talk. Another cut off battle (they used up all the time for action in ep 1) Then we get scene copypasted from the previous episode. Then we get OOC Shiro and Kuroh. Then another exposition talk, because why not. In the meantime of coffee table exposition we get more old, copypasted scenes (including Shiro jumping from the sky for the fourth time, because why the hell not) from previous eps and season 1. Then another exposition talk, Munakata looking down on Shiro (not bad idea, bad execution). Then another old scene from season 1 and OOC Shiro, because why not. Then FINALLY we get Shiro more resembling Shiro and Kuroh more resembling Kuroh (though it's still not the same thing). And Neko needs longer skirt.

So we get: bad writing (especially the exposition talking, and talking, and talking...), reused scenes, bad action choreography. It's simply boring at this point.

This season is nowhere near as good as season 1 and movie. I am really disappointed. At this rate we will get the actual plot in episode 11, and the rest will be expsosition. God.

Still, it's best ep so far. Even this version of Shiro makes everything better.

EDIT: I forgot to mention of all the shots of the buildings which always happen in the middle of the talk. It makes it painfully clear where the TV commercials are supposed to fit. Oh, and Yata seems to be levitating in the fight at the beginnig, while Fushimi is teleporting. Oh well.
AraneaeOct 23, 2015 3:20 PM
Oct 23, 2015 2:51 PM

Jul 2014
Shiroooooooooo!
Oct 23, 2015 3:14 PM
Aug 2013
So Shiro jumped off the ship with a green outfit with a different designs. Now he has a different one? Did he change clothes in the air? Did the animation budget strip him?
Who cares because Shiro is back. Good old Shiro/ Weismann
Oct 23, 2015 3:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Munakata firing shots at Shiro at the end lol...Glad to see that Shiro took it well though

Sukuna vs Yata and Fushimi continued with a bang and man the choreography and animtion was top notch yet again this week....Both sides did great but man Sukuna man handed them both so easily at the end =o That's awesome

Second half we got a lot of discussion but I really liked what I saw....The reunion of the Silver Clan was sweet and the round table of the three clans went very well and I love how they're all in an alliance now

Look out Green Clan because you're about to get REKT......Overall great episode and I love the setup that it brought
TokoyaOct 23, 2015 3:26 PM
Oct 23, 2015 4:10 PM

Sep 2014
I love how the music goes from being intense to extremely calming.
Oct 23, 2015 5:08 PM

Sep 2014
Khoibob said:
Shiroooooooooo!
Oct 23, 2015 5:13 PM

Jan 2009
the story progress is slow, i hope it speed up the pace a little bit
Oct 23, 2015 5:21 PM

Jun 2011
Good episode, and interesting build up now that they are going to team up against the Green Clan. But I also agree with what was already said; it seems really slow to me, too.

And that running gag with Kuro and his recordings, I missed it :3
I'm feeling thank you
Oct 23, 2015 5:59 PM

Apr 2015
An alright reunion. From there, Shiro meets with the Blue and Red clans. Progress seems to be especially slow so far, with just waiting for another episode where it doesn't explore as much as I hope.
Oct 23, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2015
Great epiosde. The reunion...poor Kuroh he just wanted to say stuff formally then Neko just jumps in and does the complete opposite xD
The bird was creepy.
Oct 23, 2015 6:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Araneae said:

So we get: bad writing (especially the exposition talking, and talking, and talking...), reused scenes, bad action choreography. It's simply boring at this point.

I feel like this applies to the first season too, but that's just my opinion :P Well the writing in this season makes the first season's seem so much better. There's simply too many unimportant scenes, such as the plenty of Neko glomping Shiro in this episode (or Fushimi and Yata arguing yet again), we know how much Neko misses Shiro, but it feels as if those shots are just there to take up time. And the action choreography has always just been lots of spinning combined with odd cinematography. I noticed a few weird shakey camera zoom-ins on Fushimi when he was fighting in this episode, that was just awkward to look at.

I liked the Ichigen-sama recording joke though, it always makes me chuckle. Nice too see Shiro gather Munakata and Anna too for an alliance of fighting against the Green clan. I really want to know what Nagare has against Shiro. Looks like Munakata doesn't have a lot of faith in Shiro either, which is interesting as well as understandable. Time to beat up some Green clan members next episode!
Oct 23, 2015 8:18 PM

Jun 2012
I enjoyed all the Neko head patting. I wonder who the Usagi were bowing to in the next episode preview.
Oct 23, 2015 8:53 PM

Jul 2015
Roloko said:
Everyone teaming up to fight Nagare and it looks like things are officially going to be uphill from here and I can't wait. Sukuna is rather powerful little kid to take on both Fushimi and Yata without breaking a sweat.

Oct 23, 2015 9:05 PM

Jun 2014
Roloko said:

i don't know if Yata and Fushimi are that weak or if Sukuna is that strong , when it started i was like 'don't get cocky kid you don't stand a chance" looks like i was totally wrong .
That was pretty slow tho but at least now we know they're all gonna kill those green assholes
Oct 23, 2015 9:24 PM

Dec 2012
Aww no Shiro and Kuroh hug why not -.- no fair
Oct 23, 2015 10:13 PM

Feb 2015
Finally reunion. Now, it's time for the Green clan to turn into ashes.
Oct 23, 2015 10:16 PM

Apr 2012
Neko so moe
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 23, 2015 10:53 PM

Jul 2009
dnascot said:
So Shiro jumped off the ship with a green outfit with a different designs. Now he has a different one? Did he change clothes in the air? Did the animation budget strip him?

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING. I thought it was a black outfit not green. Meh. Why did the colour change?
InugirlzOct 23, 2015 10:56 PM
Oct 23, 2015 11:00 PM

Oct 2011
Clan team up against the Green Clan

Yata and Fushimi working together OMG <3333
Oct 23, 2015 11:12 PM

Oct 2013
Slow paced episode. Neko was too cute though :3 and missed Kuroh's fascination over Ichigen-sama. XD
Oct 23, 2015 11:29 PM

Mar 2015
Quite disappointing really. I was hoping to see Shiro acting up, but he really felt spineless in this episode.
Oct 24, 2015 12:23 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty much just more exposition and buildup in this episode with the alliance between the red, blue, and silver clans. Hopefully the show starts to pick the pace up a little bit, I don't want the rest of the story to be rushed or anything like that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 24, 2015 12:31 AM
May 2015
Shiro's back.
Oct 24, 2015 12:32 AM

Jan 2013
Not going to see the silver king in a fight for awhile. Good episode, very slow and deliberate pace this season. Much different than before.
Oct 24, 2015 2:35 AM

Jul 2014
i have alot of complain about this episode, but well, for the love of season 1. i'll keep quite for a few more episodes.....

Episode theme
#Nekoass
Oct 24, 2015 3:13 AM

Oct 2011
Nothing really happened :#

Oct 24, 2015 4:20 AM

Dec 2009
Behold, the knights of the rectangular coffee table! (perfect for tea and panties)

Lol i didn't believe it when people said nothing happened, but actually nothing really happened... Taking slow is good, but that felt like it was just filling time.

The robots got some screen time finally... they were more amusing in s1 though.

"You're too kind."
GenesisAriaOct 24, 2015 5:20 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 24, 2015 5:17 AM

Jan 2013
I laughed so much when Neko's panties landed on Kuro's head.

Shiroshiroshiroshiroshiroshiroshiroshiroshiroshiroshiro. HE IS BEAUTY. HE IS GRACE.

I mean LOOK AT HIM!

My babies.
Oct 24, 2015 6:37 AM

Aug 2013
Boring in general (I love shows which are all about talking, but in this one nothing really happens) I just watched it for Neko. I don't know whether I will be able to watch it till the end.

And animation is going worse and worse. Seriously. From the beginning of this season animation and 3D concentration are awful, but now, that 3D cleaning robots, camera angles and characters movement gave me tears of blood.
Probably worst show which I picked in this season (worst looking for sure) .
rsc-plOct 24, 2015 6:40 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 24, 2015 6:52 AM

Jun 2013
Neko's panties fell on Kuro's head lol and all the three clan are working together now cool
Oct 24, 2015 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
Err that was slow paced and kinda boring.
Or was it just me or the animation seemed worse in this one?

Tho I really loved moe Neko <3
Oct 24, 2015 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
Blue King putting people in their places, I gotta respect the guy he takes responsibilities for his actions and never runs away so I can accept when he bitchslap other characters who cause problems.
Jaywalker.
Oct 24, 2015 12:49 PM

Sep 2015
I want to cry watching this ep T^T

It felt so painful watching the same scenes over and over and over again... I'm this close to dropping this series for good. Also, the snail pace *cries*
I give this episode a solid 1 because it's THAT painful watching it
Inugirlz said:
dnascot said:

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING. I thought it was a black outfit not green. Meh. Why did the colour change?

What green outfit?
Oct 24, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2014
phoe_enix said:
I want to cry watching this ep T^T

It felt so painful watching the same scenes over and over and over again... I'm this close to dropping this series for good. Also, the snail pace *cries*
I give this episode a solid 1 because it's THAT painful watching it
Inugirlz said:

What green outfit?
Shiro coat is dark green when he jumps from the sky but white when he lands in ep 3. His shirt also changes colour.
Oct 24, 2015 2:36 PM

Sep 2015
Araneae said:
phoe_enix said:

What green outfit?
Shiro coat is dark green when he jumps from the sky but white when he lands in ep 3. His shirt also changes colour.

Eh, I thought it was black... the green tint must have come from the light from the sun. Meh.

Whatever color it originally was supposed to be, we now know that Shiro has a good amount of spare time between the free falling from the airship and the nose-diving on ep 3. So he went shopping, yeah? Though I prefer the theory of him using super-king power to bleach his outfit.
Oct 24, 2015 3:37 PM

Jun 2015
Did Anyone else notice that Shiro had a boner at 9:06 when Neko was holding him?
Read Toriko!
Oct 24, 2015 3:58 PM

Sep 2011
Rip animation during fight scenes lol. Gets all blurry during fights in a way.
Oct 24, 2015 4:07 PM
Oct 2015
Shuhan said:
I enjoyed all the Neko head patting. I wonder who the Usagi were bowing to in the next episode preview.

Either Reisi as he is now having to burden the responsibility of the tower and the dresden slate after the Gold King's death or Shiro out of respect or something.
Oct 24, 2015 10:35 PM

Jul 2014
Wasn't that discussion between the three Kings supposed to be a very serious talk about a very serious matter at hand? It all felt just so casual...
Oct 24, 2015 11:27 PM
Jan 2015
Ah the fateful reunion went pretty much how I expected, Neko(God, I love her) clinging to Shiro and Kuro playing the Tsundere card.

I wonder how powerful the green king is. I feel like the fact that he's in restraints, has something to do with it.

Neko is love, Neko is life.
My Queens

Oct 24, 2015 11:46 PM

Nov 2012
i laughed my ass off at the beginning of the "coffee table conference" haha.
Oct 25, 2015 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
DAMN, BEST EPISODE SO FAR.
Love the Shiro and Neko moments.
Something seems to be fishy with the Blue King or it's just me.
Neko got called Ameno or something.. that's fishy as well.

Can't wait for next episode! It'll be awesome to watch these 3 awesome clans form an alliance.
Oct 25, 2015 3:29 AM

Mar 2015
I'm like meh~ I prefer first season's pacing, at least it kept it interesting. For this though, it feels like you know something epic is going to happen in the end, but you don't know what. Neko and Shiro is so cute together, all the head petting was great but I hated the hugging... Kuroh acts like the only sane man in Sliver Clan lol. Neko has a mysterious past.

I actually like Sukuna a lot but I still don't understand how a 13 year old is so proficient with the scythe that he can take on two adults...Green Clan is really strong...gosh, I wish he ends up joining Sliver Clan for some reason. He treats everything like a game and I really wonder why, something is off with him.
Oct 25, 2015 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
I dont understand what you complainers want, you want all of ep 3 and 4 to be action? of course shiro had to talk to the other kings, and tell them of the gold kings death etc, Its like you want this show to be nothing but fight scenes. But even when its not fight scene its still got awesome animation and music cant you just enjoy?

we are still very early in the show I am not sure if you even remember the first season or not but in first season there was barely any action at all in first 5 or 6 eps it was all exposition and setting up the plot. First 4 eps were almost more like a slice of life school show but I still think both seasons are great.

I think both ep 3 and 4 were awesome... great animation and music... we had enough fight scene for where the plot was at with kuro vs his anishi and fushimi and yata vs sukuna...

shiro was awesome I hope he stays this awesome throughout the season seems like hes grown alot....

I am very curious about the blue king and shiro saying do you want to be a second daikoku? and munakatas response..... almost seems like blue king might turn into villain...

but shiro still my favorite and I think hes even more awesome now... I loved how he had the king conference in his psychedelic tripping on mushroom walled room and his laid back attitude at the King conference and the way neko kept hugging him and hes like ahem.. best king for sure.

Green King is very interesting and I cant wait to find out more about him and what his plan is.
removed-userOct 25, 2015 7:33 AM
Oct 25, 2015 9:35 AM

Jan 2013
Finally Shiro is back. It seems that he got a bit tall lol.

Pretty disappointing that neither Fushimi nor Yata could beat that annoying shota.
Oct 25, 2015 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
Yay, this was kinda cute :3
Aquane said:

Pretty disappointing that neither Fushimi nor Yata could beat that annoying shota.
Agreed.
Oct 25, 2015 11:51 AM
Oct 2015
Araneae said:

EDIT: I forgot to mention of all the shots of the buildings which always happen in the middle of the talk. It makes it painfully clear where the TV commercials are supposed to fit. Oh, and Yata seems to be levitating in the fight at the beginnig, while Fushimi is teleporting. Oh well.

LOL ikr i was wondering if they had forgotten to draw/animate Yata's skateboard for that scene.
And wow Sukuna wields a mean scythe. He took on Yata and Fushimi without breaking a sweat. Watching how Yata and Fushimi were panting after the fight, I'm just like..you guys got old.. hah
And that awkward moment during the coffee table conference lol. Blame it on Yata xD
IdkWhatToWatchOct 25, 2015 11:56 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

263 by bigdmf »»
Apr 2, 6:03 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

185 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:46 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2015

57 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.