Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 18, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I thought the episode was okay, had fun watching it with its superhero gimmicks and weird creatures.

I find the technology to be rather bizarre though but clever. Then some of it just seems weird:

Pretty intense episode overall.
This show retains its energy whether it's an emergency or not.
Oct 18, 2015 8:03 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I'm still confused lol! I did like the last episode better, but this one is still okay. The technology is way more than bizarre. I was WTF-ing the entire episode.

3/5
Oct 18, 2015 8:26 AM

Mar 2015
The show still seems with lots of potential but I'm more and more worried if in the end everything will be wrapped well enough. Now it's just mindless time jumping and so many loose ends left that I don't even want to try to count them. Some consistency instead of jamming almost random ideas all around would be welcome. Well, maybe that's the nature of this show and nothing can be done about it. Still, that was kinda enjoyable episode.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Oct 18, 2015 8:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Holy fuck this episode was crazy O_O I really liked how they went with the theme of love and justice this week and I think that they handled it pretty well

I really liked this detective android guy and it really sucked what happened to his actual self and it truly makes sense as to why he's the way he is now

The way this mystery surrounding the other two androids was unfolded was really great and boy oh boy did it make this episode super intense

That animation during the last fight scene was freaking epic holy shit Studio Bones.....Jirou is a beast lol. I really want to know how this future came about like so badly right now lol

Great episode yet again this week
TokoyaOct 18, 2015 8:42 AM
Oct 18, 2015 8:42 AM

May 2010
Sick episode!
Oct 18, 2015 8:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Aldael said:
The show still seems with lots of potential but I'm more and more worried if in the end everything will be wrapped well enough. Now it's just mindless time jumping and so many loose ends left that I don't even want to try to count them. Some consistency instead of jamming almost random ideas all around would be welcome. Well, maybe that's the nature of this show and nothing can be done about it. Still, that was kinda enjoyable episode.
IIRC this series will have more than one cour.....Either way I trust Bones to end this series properly
Oct 18, 2015 8:49 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Another good one. I can see why Jirou would leave the bureau based on what happened this episode. He wasn't pleased when his colleagues said that they were just machines built with implanted fake love to create an ultimate bomb. That probably wasn't justice to him anymore.
Oct 18, 2015 9:14 AM

Aug 2015
Great episode. The technology in this anime is just crazy. I thought the whole androids thing was really interesting.
Oct 18, 2015 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
The fight at the end was really appealing for some reason.

Just how did this country rot away enough for Shiba to have such a change of heart, from being a protector to a destroyer, though it does hint this change in the time gap that made Jirou leave, but then why did the others stay in the bureau. Is there a fact that only Jirou knows about, perhaps Shiba too, though their clash just might be a disagreement in methods.

Just when Shiba mentioned that no one would understand him, in moments later he met a female android. I liked how philosophy was brought forth regarding strong AI vs weak AI belief, and this episode made it clear on who stands where.

Is justice a learned behaviour, or something that is inherent? Just what boundary separates justice from being defined as a path of righteousness or one of evil?

I'm really liking this anime. The difference in themes, yet with a lot of similarity as compared to the previous episodes just brings a variety of ways to enjoy this anime.
Oct 18, 2015 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
Holy shit, what an ending. I'm loving the conflicting views on justice.

Why the fuck is this rated lower than a 7?
Oct 18, 2015 9:43 AM

Aug 2008
Kind of a let down after previous episodes. It's hard to give a damn about emotions or anything like that when robots are concerned. The part about programming justice was cringe worthy. Still, there were some interesting bits (related to characters and the world itself, not the plot of this episode) as well but overall it was pretty weak.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 18, 2015 9:58 AM

Aug 2014
zerorequiem_ said:

Because people doesn't even try to understand, drop, and give 3/10, 4/10 etc.
Oct 18, 2015 9:59 AM

Sep 2015
I must say this anime really is bizarre and thats what make this good.

What impress me is that everything happen in year 41/42 coming back to year 47. Basically every episode the case is not solved completely, will haunt back in the future.

Within the time frame Jirou is no longer human and left the bureau, i guess something must have happen. The weirdest thing is that he knows the cases in year 42 are not solved completely and end it all in year 47.

Good ideology and philosophy to be noted.
Everyone's justice is different.
Love in robots and humans is similiar.
Oct 18, 2015 10:03 AM

Jun 2015
Suck that this anime is ranking so low
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2015 10:06 AM

Feb 2015
What happened to the rating? -_-"
This anime was pretty good though. The action ,the last minute in the episode was amazing , but cliffhanger -_-.
Oct 18, 2015 10:28 AM

Jan 2015
Why? WHYYYYY?!?!?!?
Why is the plot so confusing.
Oct 18, 2015 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
Really a unique show.
Oct 18, 2015 11:05 AM

Nov 2012
Timeline so far:

Year 41, Jul - Mahou Shoujo Kikko joins Bureau
Year 41, Aug - Ghost Fuurouta joins Bureau
Year 42, Feb - Detective Shiba meets Meiko

~gap~

Year 46, Apr - Kikko confronts fugitive Jino
Year 47, Feb - Former Detective Shiba stopped by Jino
Year 48, Aug - Fuurouta attacked by Campe and saved by Jino
Oct 18, 2015 11:11 AM

Jul 2007
Well this pretty much confirms my suspicions that Jiro is assembling his own team from characters he met in the past.

Also Holy shit that end fight scene o.O

Really loving this show. True hidden gem of the season.

zerorequiem_ said:

Because MAL goldfishes cant comprehend a basic non-linear narrative and want everything to be spoonfed to them.
Oct 18, 2015 11:21 AM

Aug 2015
Of course robots can fall in love and here I am still single as fck, anyways Great episode
VanishingKira said:
Timeline so far:

~gap~

Thanks Captain,
Still wondering why would Jino leave the superhuman agency and being a fugitive but still saving other people. Anyway Can't wait for next episode.
Oct 18, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2011
Robot Keiji and Kikaider, with lots of Cyborg 009. Loved it.

I like how the plot is apparently all over the place, but in the end we are only being shown 2 time lines, how they all meet which can be called the past, and the future when Jino leaves the Bureau and the country enters a state of decadence (we know the country enters a state of corruption for what the detective and the Ultraman look a like tells us).

What we are missing is a present, and that can be either of the 2, the gap within, or whatever may happen after the section we know as the future, since the anime doesn't give us that people get lost and start hating.

But really the story is interesting, the thematic is fresh or at least is a twist in a genre that has been done to death and it plays homages to its predecessors by directly involving them, the storytelling is unusual making you pay attention to it, the animation is good, and the aesthetics are wild! at minimum it deserves a 7/8+
Oct 18, 2015 11:32 AM

Mar 2014
VanishingKira said:
Timeline so far:

~gap~

The hero we all need but not the one we deserve.

The episode was good, just wondering why the detective went off the deep end
Oct 18, 2015 11:38 AM

Jul 2007
fredchickens said:
Of course robots can fall in love and here I am still single as fck, anyways Great episode
VanishingKira said:
Timeline so far:

~gap~

Thanks Captain,
Still wondering why would Jino leave the superhuman agency and being a fugitive but still saving other people. Anyway Can't wait for next episode.

Quotes this episode seem to imply that some sort of massive scale event happened that left man people dead, instigated a change in government in Japan and created as situation where superhumans are hunted and registered.
Oct 18, 2015 12:16 PM

Jul 2010
It's just jumping to and from different times constantly, with no consistent story. I don't know who's good or bad, who to cheer for, or what I'm actually waiting for. Where's it going with all these random stories? I can't feel happy about anything that happens when it's seemingly random.
Oct 18, 2015 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
The ironic thing is that now, the detective had planned to bomb some large building with a crap ton of people in it, because he believes superhumans are inherently evil that will harm humans...yet he refuses to believe himself as the superhuman himself, and is now harming humans to prove his point. WTF?

First the detective wants to destroy the female bot to prevent her from merging and potentially becoming a bomb, then he wants her to come with him, now he supposedly throws away his "justice" to rescue her and have her merge with the other male android to become the very thing he tried to prevent, and is now a fugitive/domestic terrorist....how does that make any sense!? This guy is so full of hypocrisy, he may as well vomit feces for how much shit comes out of this guy's mouth whenever talks of his bullshit justice. I feel like this show was written and directed by a hentai doujinshi artist, because unless they cut corners to leave out critical plot points explaining his erratic behavior; it has that sort of logic written all over it. My guess is the Prof forgot to fix his brain in that explosion. Because even a calculator has a more sophisticated process than his way of thinking.
Oct 18, 2015 12:50 PM

Apr 2014
Holy shit the action during the end of the episode. I could fucking tell grandmaster Nakamura was responsible for that scene.
Oct 18, 2015 1:03 PM

Nov 2014
Detective Shiba Iron-Detective Raito is quite the badass.

There are some good ideas, but the plot is still kind of a mess.

It's getting better.

4/5
Oct 18, 2015 1:23 PM

Sep 2013
DAMN that ending fight :O
Wasn't expecting that, what a beast XD

Raito looks like he can still be reformed back into Shiba, hope he doesn't die :'(
Oct 18, 2015 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
The plot is quite confusing and a mess.

Raito is so badass.
Oct 18, 2015 2:09 PM

Apr 2013
Still waiting for the episode that makes me love the series. So far, it's entertaining but nothing else, whereas the first episode led me to believe there could be more.
That last scene was hype, though.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 18, 2015 2:27 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing, episode, it was sooo confusing at the beginning but it pretty much came together in that room. see what i did there....
Read Toriko!
Oct 18, 2015 2:28 PM

Jun 2013
DixNeuf said:
zerorequiem_ said:

Because people doesn't even try to understand, drop, and give 3/10, 4/10 etc.

True, people give 3s and 4s so fast imo or drop it on like ep 2/12 - 3/12.
So far, it's been entertaining and I'm liking the art aswell. 4/5.
Oct 18, 2015 2:39 PM

Sep 2015
Awesome episode! Now with 30% more JUSTICE!!
I love the concept of the parralel Timelines with constant swapping between future and past. For the first time in TV history a time-stop for 30 seconds was actually 30 seconds. So many shows get that wrong... FYI the song Jirou played at 11:00 is called "Romance d´ Amour" Visit Listen to the song on Wikipedia OR The easyer Version Jirou played

The fight scene at the end, even though it was short, was gorgeous.
Long story short I really loved this episode and I can´t wait to see the next one.
I hope we get to see what happened during the time-skip.
AcridineOct 18, 2015 2:42 PM
Oct 18, 2015 2:56 PM

Apr 2015
Oh wowow, it was amazing!
Amazing!
The next episode is gonna be interesting!
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 18, 2015 3:22 PM
Aug 2014
This anime. Hidden gem.
Oct 18, 2015 3:30 PM

Aug 2014
Acridine said:
Awesome episode! Now with 30% more JUSTICE!!
I love the concept of the parralel Timelines with constant swapping between future and past. For the first time in TV history a time-stop for 30 seconds was actually 30 seconds. So many shows get that wrong... FYI the song Jirou played at 11:00 is called "Romance d´ Amour" Visit Listen to the song on Wikipedia OR The easyer Version Jirou played

The fight scene at the end, even though it was short, was gorgeous.
Long story short I really loved this episode and I can´t wait to see the next one.
I hope we get to see what happened during the time-skip.

I agree! I don't know why people get so confused by the time-skips. I really enjoy them and I think it makes the anime more engaging.

I really enjoy watching this anime. And it looks like we will get some Jiro back story next week. Can't wait.
Oct 18, 2015 3:34 PM

Jul 2015
VanishingKira said:
Timeline so far:

~gap~

^ the events are simple, I'm not sure how some people are confused with this anime..
Oct 18, 2015 4:10 PM

Oct 2011
Damn I had Comet Lucifer as my sleeper this season. But it looks like I may have to change that. Another great episode of Concrete Revolutio.

That ending was so damn intense! Can't wait for next week.
Oct 18, 2015 4:11 PM

May 2015
That ending though. It was a nice episode. Next episode should be interesting.

Oct 18, 2015 4:12 PM

Dec 2014
I noticed several grammatical errors in the subtitles. Was this intentional?

Back on topic, the whole show just feels like a clusterfuck of random ideas/gimmicks, and while its world is unique, it feels way too gimmicky and I swear I get a shit ton of questions from it. Thought maybe its my fault for wanting to be given world-building like how some things such as days in a month work in this world (How the fuck does February have more than 28 or so days in this universe?). Even when I get whats going on its really only a decent at best show, likely going to get 6/10 if it keeps going the route it is. (Shame too, I really liked Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, last season's show from Bones; But comparing this to Akagami is an apple-to-orange comparison outside its studio so I'll let it go)

PS: The ghost boy reminds me of Lanky Kong. The fact he can bloody inflate his body, him being the humorous one of the group, and isn't graceful whatsoever. Likely a coincidence however.
Oct 18, 2015 5:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
4kicks said:
The ironic thing is that now, the detective had planned to bomb some large building with a crap ton of people in it, because he believes superhumans are inherently evil that will harm humans...yet he refuses to believe himself as the superhuman himself, and is now harming humans to prove his point. WTF?

I think with the detective thinking that he's human and not superhuman is something the show wanted throw in there about "what is human." That part made me think that he isn't a superhuman because he's not human in the first place, given that he has a robotic body but the "consciousness" of the man who died. But anyways, I don't think that'd really going to be delved into, but it was still interesting nevertheless.

This episode was great with the "different justices." While they do throw the word (justice) around a lot, I think they did a good job with the theme, and it makes sense in context. I think the biggest mystery or question so far is what happened to their world? Something big happened to change the way both Jirou and Shiba think.

Also, just have to comment on that awesome animation when Shiba was attacking the fused androroid, or er, whatever you call it. Looks like not only OPM has the cool action this season :)

Burger-Meister said:
(Shame too, I really liked Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, last season's show from Bones; But comparing this to Akagami is an apple-to-orange comparison outside its studio so I'll let it go)

If anything, I think Kekkai Sensen would be the closest comparison for recent anime by Bones. Both worlds are crazy and different from our own, with lots of super powers and episodic in nature. Now I think about it, Darker Than Black from Bones was sort of the same way too, with super powers and the not-sure-what-the-plot-is feeling at the beginning.
Oct 18, 2015 6:49 PM

Jun 2010
We'll probably have to wait until this series is finished airing to really understand its plot. The timeskips are well executed if one pays enough attention, but can be a bit confusing overall. I bet this show will keep us trying to figure out the major conflict through bits and pieces of information each week, at least that's the impression I get from each new episode.
Oct 18, 2015 6:54 PM

Jan 2009
the sakuga battle on the last 2 minutes was great, noice episode, robot/android justice
Oct 18, 2015 7:09 PM

Jan 2011
me just relaxing trying to piece together everything in the end then those last 2 mins happen fucking what?! bones adding in some Sakuga was a nice surprise
Oct 18, 2015 8:07 PM

Jun 2014
Wow! Loved the theme of Justice and Love this week!

I really want to know what happened in the past that made Jirou who he is in the future, butr he definitely has some interesting powers!

It made sense as to why the detective was no longer considered justice and became as the androids put it "Evil"

The whole merging was pretty cool and not what I was expecting from the "Ultimate Weapon"
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 18, 2015 8:08 PM

Aug 2012
This show is just so damn engaging. I love the way the direction compliments the tone and setting, not to mention the characters and mystery behind what happened during the 5 yr gap. Can't wait for this to really hit its stride, easily going to be the gem of the season.
Oct 18, 2015 8:08 PM

Sep 2014
Damn, I'm really loving this show, it almost fills the void left by Kekkai Sensen. If One Punch Man wasn't airing this season this would probably be my AOTS.

Oct 18, 2015 8:33 PM

Sep 2011
This was the first episode of the series i thought was solid overall, its jumps between present and past scenes was no where near as messy and jumbled as the first 2 episodes were and unlike episode 2 the episodic nature of the episode held weight on its own rather than feeling like a glossed over attempt to introduce a character.

The show still has alot of needs improvement but so far its been improving quite considerable with each passing episode and isee honest to god potential in it, hopefully the rumors of this being 2 cour(split cour) are true and that it cant keep up the improvements though i dont think they can keep the episodic format for long before it becomes tired.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 18, 2015 9:06 PM

Jan 2013
I guess the next episode won't start from the end of this episode.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Oct 19, 2015 12:50 AM

Oct 2011
Different view points about justice

Merged into the Ultimate weapon : 0
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

67 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 1:37 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

71 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 21, 2023 10:04 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

104 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jul 18, 2022 6:16 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2015

39 by Rei_III »»
Jul 10, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.