Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 3, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those who are first timers are excited to see ocean. Arriving to a village with weird atmosphere and a group on ship (pirate lead by old lady from the PV) battling against the leader and the destiny of being the dragon. So that childhood guy met Rokuryuu, but wanting freedom.

So the power is from his right leg. The pirates keep his secret well and praise his power. He's such a narcissist and womanizer. Now he aims to get childhood guy to join the group.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 3, 2015 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
So we're back with the adventurers again. Nice.

Thought this episode was actually pretty interesting with focus on this village along with the pirate gimmick. Hopefully we'll see more development with the other characters but this seems to focus a bit more even on Jae-ha for now.
Feb 3, 2015 8:37 AM

Jul 2010
Nice interaction between Hak and Yona!

Jae-ha and Hak are getting along pretty well to meet from a combined attack! Jae-ha wanting to evade his destiny and being a pirate.

Yona's lack of reaction after seeing Hak there, it was funny and cute!

The pirates are quite awesome to only attack the corrupt official's boats and burning their ships without killing anyone. No wonder they've captured the peoples' hearts!

Honour among thieves is honour under the sea.

Hak has gotten himself a fan, nice!
Feb 3, 2015 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
Finally Jae-ha :D U gotta love this guy XD
Such a player and the way he and Hak are totally in sync is hilarious lol
Can't wait to see his reaction to seeing Yona. He's totally gonna fall for her cuteness :3

Poor Hak though, Yona totally didn't mind him seeing other girls XD Not a single glimpse of jelly ^^; Well at least he got his does of her cuteness when she told him to come back soon <3 And that girl that was gonna faint from Hak's glare was lol

Jae-ha saying he wants Hak to glare at him like that was hilarious XD And how they both couldn't mention their birth places too lol

Felt bad for Shin-ah when he was told he stands out the most and isn't aloud to go to the city XD

Gigan is so cool. What a BA woman she is :D Best captain! Reminds me of WhiteBeard (OP) somewhat ^^; And some Yona development with how she noticed the lifelessness of this city was nice.

Obligatory Ao is kawaii <3

This arc is only getting better from here >.<!!
Feb 3, 2015 8:58 AM

Aug 2013
lol Ichigo's VA and Grimmjow's VA are together again. (They're also in KuroBas, Aomine and Haizaki).

Good Episode :)
Feb 3, 2015 8:59 AM

Feb 2012
There's our bad ass green dragon.

Let's see how will they win him over.
Feb 3, 2015 9:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very nice episode.
Feb 3, 2015 9:13 AM

Oct 2013
I can already tell, Jae-Ha's gonna be my favorite among the dragons.
Feb 3, 2015 9:24 AM

Dec 2012
The Green Dragon (Jaeha) seems quite similar to Hak - They both like to tease the others around them. I think the comedy will be doubled when he joins the group.
Feb 3, 2015 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
ClawViper7 said:
The Green Dragon (Jaeha) seems quite similar to Hak - They both like to tease the others around them. I think the comedy will be doubled when he joins the group.

Jae-ha is worse than Hak, believe me.
Feb 3, 2015 9:48 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That Hak glare was epic! Any girl (except Yona) would be "killed" by that look.

Pretty funny how Jae-ha and Hak couldn't mention their place of origin, or more like chose to keep it to themselves. They're quite similar in some ways.

Old lady Gigan is one badass captain. I wonder what does she mean by "We'll track it down eventually." Something valuable? O.o

Good episode. Jae-ha seems quite carefree and wants to escape his destiny, but he has one major weakness that'll make him submit, and that is cute girls. Yona cuteness is off the chart! :3

Feb 3, 2015 10:00 AM

Oct 2014
Shit, It's gonna be a couple of ep more for the red head to get the Green Dragon.
Feb 3, 2015 10:15 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode overall. The green dragon is really funny and interesting and I like the interactions between him and Hak. Next episode is gonna be interesting.
Still, dat punch-kick was amazing! I swear I love these two.
But Kija and Shin-ah were cute too like, overly cute I can't even...
Will there even appear a character that I hate in this series?(probably never)
Feb 3, 2015 10:31 AM
Jul 2014
Lol looking forward to Jae-ha's reaction when he finds out the "King" is Yona.
Feb 3, 2015 10:36 AM

Jun 2010
this never stops being entertaining.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 3, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2013
That green dragon is a funny guy. Can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 3, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
Guranto-kun said:
lol Ichigo's VA and Grimmjow's VA are together again. (They're also in KuroBas, Aomine and Haizaki).

they must be best friends lool considering how they always end up together.

Feb 3, 2015 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Jae-ha is such a player and a funny guy!
Feb 3, 2015 11:49 AM

Nov 2012
That captain Gigan looks exactly like togane's mother from psycho pass :o
Feb 3, 2015 12:06 PM
Nov 2013
Guranto-kun said:

I had the same feeling too like PhDinAnime had (^^)

Plus, I was so excited when Jae-ha finally came.
More Suwabe-san´s sexy voice to listen (>_ <)
Feb 3, 2015 12:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
asdlolxd_ said:

Sounds like her too. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same voice actress.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 3, 2015 1:13 PM

Jun 2014
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like they censored the topic just a little bit. I assume it won't greatly affect the story, though.
Feb 3, 2015 1:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
^Liking your avi :D

Yes, funniest dragon is here! Jae-ha is just hilarious, and it's only his debut! I love the way he praises Hak. #1 fanboy. Anyways, nice set up of this arc regarding the pirates vs. Yan Kumji . Not only is Yona and co. trying to find ryokuryuu, there is also some other trouble occurring in Iwa. But poor Hak, Yona doesn't even mind if Hak goes to a "place like that."
Feb 3, 2015 1:24 PM

Aug 2013
Jae-ha is so awesome! I love how he cares about his liberty, it will makes him difficult to bring him in the group. He won't easily accept Yona plea, except if he fall for her, likes pretty much the other dragons :P
I'm not sure too about how he's planning to ''capture'' Hak, I don't think he outpower him in a 1on1 fight.

Poor Hak, Yona gave no fuck when she found out he was in that brothel :(
Senpai, notice him! ~
He's also smooth as fuck : ''Princess, you've grown uglier lately.''
Don't fall in the redpill trap, Hak! :O
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 3, 2015 1:40 PM

Feb 2014
"Let's go to the port city!"
"NO! We can't take you guys down there! Especially not the guy with the mask!" Poor Sin-ha ;_;

Cool the green dragon plays an Erhu :O I find it interesting how he wants to escape his fate and thus, ended up joining pirates.

Naww the squirrel is so cute
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2015 2:28 PM

Jun 2014
The shows pacing is really picking up now, and i love the side stories of the dragons and their lives.

I like this Green Dragon guy too. and Yona sounds like she doesn't entirely understand the kind of place Hak was in.

You know, i was wondering why all the Pirates weapons were made of wood at first lol
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 3, 2015 2:53 PM

Mar 2012
Not much happened but I still liked the episode :o I guess that's the essence to make any anime better =)
I also like the pace, it's a bit slow but I actually think it fits really well in the story...
I just would like to know how many cours this series is going to have... I really hope it doesn't end in this season already, I feel like there's still so much to be told and to happen...
Feb 3, 2015 4:33 PM

Apr 2014
I don't know why, but I couldn't get into this episode like the others. Captain Gigan is my role model tho. Step on me too, please~ ☆
Feb 3, 2015 5:37 PM

Nov 2007
ClawViper7 said:

Actually he makes Hak look a decent guy. Haha~ You'll probably realize as we see more of him.

Anyways. Here we go! The obligatory badly drawn episode (a trait that comes with almost every shoujo anime now a days).

We aren't going to go anywhere with the current pacing though. I hope they don't end it as a two cour anime that would never see a sequel! :(
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 3, 2015 5:42 PM

Jan 2010
Good to see a free spirited guy as the green dragon.

This anime would be better if they cut down on the fan service like cute shots of pets and the princess and focused more on the plot in a serious manner. Other historical fantasy anime like 12 Kingdoms are awesome because there is no BS in them. I wish this was similar, still I can live with the way it is now.
Feb 3, 2015 6:13 PM

Nov 2014
I loved the green dragon's entrance!! I really like his character a bunch and he's really pretty too. Also, Hak and the green dragon would make an awesome fighting combo. It'll definitely be interesting to see the showdown next week (I'm guessing he's going to meet Yona and Co. judging by the preview). The chibi thing is still kind of bothering me... Haha I think I say this every week but poor Hak. I don't think it's possible for Yona to be any more oblivious. I'm super pumped for next week! I wonder how the green dragon will react to Yona??
Feb 3, 2015 6:28 PM

Dec 2013
Green Dragon = Best Dragon

Very hyped up for next weeks episode.
Feb 3, 2015 6:34 PM

Feb 2009
I love the green dragon but Sin-Ha will still always be my favorite dragon. I think it's nice however that we have a dragon that doesn't like the idea of following behind someone. He doesn't seem like he's missing anyone, maybe just a friend.
On a side note, I need more Hak. He's just so great. I'm already shipping him and Yona.

Feb 3, 2015 6:34 PM

Nov 2014
While I enjoyed the episode, I'm concerned about the pacing of the show overall... apparently we still have no idea exactly how many episodes we're getting, and the slow as molasses pacing at the very beginning means a rushed final third and no character development time for the fourth dragon, it looks like. I'm enjoying the journey a lot, but I don't think they have time to reach the destination cleanly. :(
Quality Queen.
Feb 3, 2015 6:38 PM

Jul 2011
For once a deeper side plot? :O

Liking the new dragon already. Lets see his reaction next episode when he meets Yona. XD
Feb 3, 2015 7:13 PM

Jan 2010
RAWRfizzz said:
While I enjoyed the episode, I'm concerned about the pacing of the show overall... apparently we still have no idea exactly how many episodes we're getting, and the slow as molasses pacing at the very beginning means a rushed final third and no character development time for the fourth dragon, it looks like. I'm enjoying the journey a lot, but I don't think they have time to reach the destination cleanly. :(

I think the slow pacing is a bother if we are watching episode by episode. But once the series concludes and years later we binge watch, it would likely feel properly paced. The pacing does not bother me as much and I would actually prefer to see a compelling storyline for the green dragon at least where Yona and her team spend some time with him trying to fight for his cause. The mark of any good series is how interesting its arcs are and so far this series has had only 2 arcs. One with escape of princess from her Kingdom and second, searching the dragons.
Feb 3, 2015 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
Really interesting episode. The green dragon seems to be the coolest of them all IMO (Personality wise). Wonder how he'll take it when he's the princess's bodyguard and friends with the other drags
Feb 3, 2015 8:42 PM

Mar 2014
I really liked this episode. I think Jae ha's appearance in the anime is pretty well-done. He can be so hysterical and attractive.
Feb 3, 2015 9:11 PM

Dec 2014
I don't think there's a character that I DON'T like. I really like this show so far...
Feb 3, 2015 9:19 PM
Aug 2012
Does anyone know name of this instrument?

Feb 3, 2015 10:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
soredemoii said:

It looks like some variety of Huqin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huqin

For Erhu for example, it sounds something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8144D5PkfU
wakka9caFeb 3, 2015 10:18 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 3, 2015 10:17 PM

Apr 2014
soredemoii said:

Erhu.

Edit: whoops, ninja'd.
Feb 3, 2015 11:14 PM

Mar 2012
Guranto-kun said:

Ah, I knew I recognized Jae-ha's voice when I heard it! I was a bit unsure when he was messing around, but I started to catch on when Jae-ha started speaking seriously.

Anyway, definitely love the shenanigans that Jae-ha and Hak pull when together. xD He definitely would make the group even more amusing once he eventually joins.
Feb 4, 2015 12:19 AM
Aug 2011
I laughed at Hak's shudder at the end. He definitely felt Jae-ha creeping on up on him from afar ahaha.
More Suwabe here too, he's everywhere this season, not that I mind.
Feb 4, 2015 12:32 AM

Nov 2014
jonnyhan said:
RAWRfizzz said:

I think the slow pacing is a bother if we are watching episode by episode. But once the series concludes and years later we binge watch, it would likely feel properly paced. The pacing does not bother me as much and I would actually prefer to see a compelling storyline for the green dragon at least where Yona and her team spend some time with him trying to fight for his cause. The mark of any good series is how interesting its arcs are and so far this series has had only 2 arcs. One with escape of princess from her Kingdom and second, searching the dragons.

I agree the arcs have been enjoyable, I'm just thinking in terms of how many episodes are left and how much is left to do. I hope they've left enough to do it right, because so far it's been great.
Quality Queen.
Feb 4, 2015 12:38 AM

May 2010
Farabeuf said:
asdlolxd_ said:

Sounds like her too. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same voice actress.
It is the same voice actress. Well actually it's chief Kasei's voice and not togane's mother when she was still alive.
BocchiFeb 5, 2015 2:31 PM
Feb 4, 2015 3:15 AM
Mar 2011
The green dragon seems like quite a pain to capture, I do hope haku is stronger than the green dragon!
Feb 4, 2015 3:59 AM

Jun 2014
The Green Dragon is very interesting, I'm glad one of them has a rebellious nature. I wonder how they'll manage to convince him to follow them, also he's interesting in Hak so the next meeting will be awesome. I love how he's insecure but acts tough loool & the pirates are all nice to him despite his supernatural powers & weird legs. The Jae-ha/Hak duo is GOAT.

RAWRfizzz said:

I agree the arcs have been enjoyable, I'm just thinking in terms of how many episodes are left and how much is left to do. I hope they've left enough to do it right, because so far it's been great.

It could be a long-running show since we still don't know how many episodes are left (no way it's gonna end at ep 24), plus Studio Pierrot has done a lot of 51 episodes long shojo anime.
Feb 4, 2015 4:15 AM

May 2013
The animaaaaaatiooooon in this episode. Gosh.

Well, at least they introduced Jaeha my dorky baby now and its time for Pierrot to work on the 4th PV and let my favorite dragon shine.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Feb 4, 2015 8:51 AM
Aug 2012
Thank you wakka9ca and currycurry, means a lot!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

270 by eevee-trouble »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.