Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 21, 2014 11:51 AM

Feb 2007
Takata said:
As for Iona and Akira: Given that Ulith has totally broken Akira, accepting any offer of friendship from Iona (remember the Iona she knew before was actually Yuki), seems kinda logical. O.o I thought of it this way: If your current girlfriend mistreated you as much as Ulith mistreated Akira, you'd be willing to go back to your ex-girlfriend (~Iona) even if you didn't really like them. ...maybe not the best example. >.<

A nice theory, but not quite correct. After all, she never actually knew the real Iona, she only knew Yuki. ;)
Dec 21, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 2008
An excellent conclusion, I loved the fusion Tama/Yuki design it was really cute looking, I feel like the plot became a little more clear now compared in the last few episodes where the revelations were coming out.

I'm rather disappointed we never really got down to why Ru was rejected by her own mother considering that could have been a very good parallel between Ru and Mayu. Considering they teased it a number of times during the first series I really wanted some payoff to that.

It was a sweet and melancholic end and it was a rather happy one that I'm satisfied with and put the second series which was kind of meh compared to the first in a nice spot. The series as a whole was a decent one I'll pick it up once it comes to DVD.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Dec 21, 2014 12:22 PM

Mar 2011
Really satisfied not just with this ending, but the whole season as well. Just like the first season, I thought the first half of Spread was kinda boring. The last half is what really made me love it so much. I'm giving it a 9/10, same as Infected as well. Couldn't have asked for a happier ending. :)
Dec 21, 2014 2:34 PM

Aug 2014
Uwaaaayyyy I'm so happy for them!!! I was waiting for Hitoe and Midoriko meeting!! So heartwarming. Plus Yuzuki yayyyy! :3
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Dec 21, 2014 2:59 PM

Jan 2013
TehWhiteTiger said:
Quite a nice ending, but still so many things not answered.

Why was Mayu locked up and treated that way?

How did she actually create the world of selectors anyway?

What about those who failed their wish and it got reversed? Did they get saved too?

What about characters like Hanayo, who had been cards from before, did they all make it back to their bodies?

Even stuff like

What happened to Ruuko's parents?

What happened with Yuzuki and Kazuki?

And the two most important questions?

How the hell do you play WIXOSS?

And why wasn't get grandma the evil mastermind? I so wanted that to happen xD.

Well I could go on.

But for what it was it was a nice series, dragged on a bit too much for me though.

1.maybe coz she had those powers or she was sick (probably sick since she died) and hew father didnt give a f about her
2.clasic anime plot device diel with it B)
3.yes
4.they showed hanayo and others free and living happily in their original bodies
5.not answered :( maybe they decited to cut the series or something half way
6.prob back to normal since shit was wierd with all body swap stuff
7.you just tell your lrig to grow, attack and stuff
8.i wished for that as well but it would prob be a huge BS twist :P
Dec 21, 2014 3:06 PM
Jun 2010
i really like this ending
Dec 22, 2014 10:50 AM

Dec 2012
A pretty good finale for a great anime.

Ruko grew Yuki and Tama together to create Mayu. Ruko learned about the Mayu's death.
The final fight arrived and we could see the sad personality of Mayu, hopefully Ruko was here to help her.

The end was beautiful with the new wish of Ruko.I woul d have liked see Tama a last time T_T.
Dec 22, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
So in the end Yuki and Tama turned into one (Mayu), nice...but best part was to see Ulith's dead! hahahahaha she deserved that!

Glad in the end Akira and Iona got closer and everyone got their life back. Great job Ru! I just wish Yuki and Tama would each have a body and not 1, I know they were 1 to start of, but still...
I really enjoyed it, the art, the fights, the dark, so 8/10
Dec 22, 2014 9:42 PM
Sep 2013
Somewhere in this world there is a Batman and Baine reference to the pit.

Also was hoping for some clarification on Ruko's mother, but I assume it was either scrapped to used for backstory.
Dec 22, 2014 11:14 PM

Oct 2011
Yuzuki
Piruluk
Milunlun
Hanayo
Eldora
Fumio & Futase
Midoriko
Tama
Dec 23, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2012
An ok ending to decent show. It gets a 6/10 from me. First season didn't feel as rushed as this one did.
Dec 23, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2008
Ugh i'm just glad this show is over.
Dec 23, 2014 10:08 AM
Aug 2014
Either people have really low standards or I'm just missing something. I found the ending of this was rushed, full of plot holes, and a whole lot of cop-out moments just to push things forward (mainly Tama just fabricating a door out of the hole and the "non-colored" card bit).

The first season was pretty dang good. No less than a solid 7/10 for sure. And even the first half of this season was pretty great too. But then once the end-game plot began to kick in it's like they lost sight of what they wanted to do. Just a mess of nonsensical plot devices to try and make things dramatic and touching.

Usually I'm nowhere near this cynical about a series, but god damn I was really looking forward to this and it absolutely did not deliver in the end.

5/10 for this season.
Dec 23, 2014 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
NoblePhantaZm said:
Either people have really low standards or I'm just missing something. I found the ending of this was rushed, full of plot holes, and a whole lot of cop-out moments just to push things forward (mainly Tama just fabricating a door out of the hole and the "non-colored" card bit).

The first season was pretty dang good. No less than a solid 7/10 for sure. And even the first half of this season was pretty great too. But then once the end-game plot began to kick in it's like they lost sight of what they wanted to do. Just a mess of nonsensical plot devices to try and make things dramatic and touching.

Usually I'm nowhere near this cynical about a series, but god damn I was really looking forward to this and it absolutely did not deliver in the end.

5/10 for this season.

Well it was obvi that the power of friendship was gonna end it and that there will be some BS plot devices. I also wanted it to be darker (or more apocalyptic like in that dream) but there was not any space for it in the story i guess.If Mayu just wanted to make girls suffer and in the end ruko defeats her in a children's card game that would be pretty unoriginal as well.
Dec 23, 2014 10:26 AM
Aug 2014
macamiki said:
Well it was obvi that the power of friendship was gonna end it and that there will be some BS plot devices. I also wanted it to be darker (or more apocalyptic like in that dream) but there was not any space for it in the story i guess.If Mayu just wanted to make girls suffer and in the end ruko defeats her in a children's card game that would be pretty unoriginal as well.

Even if it had an unoriginal ending, as long as it would have been better constructed, thought out, and actually made sense then I would have at least been able to appreciate it more. The start of the season had a lot of potential, and I felt myself actually quite emotional about Ru and Tama's separation, but by the end I found myself just not caring anymore.
Dec 23, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
NoblePhantaZm said:

Even if it had an unoriginal ending, as long as it would have been better constructed, thought out, and actually made sense then I would have at least been able to appreciate it more. The start of the season had a lot of potential, and I felt myself actually quite emotional about Ru and Tama's separation, but by the end I found myself just not caring anymore.

Dunno the construcion was solid to me.The nature of the game matched with Mayus desires.You prob feel this way since the ending was not as dark as you hoped to be and second season had a rushed second half.It kinda felt like there was supposed to be a 3th season but the production changed its mind.
Dec 23, 2014 11:07 AM
Aug 2014
macamiki said:
Dunno the construcion was solid to me.The nature of the game matched with Mayus desires.You prob feel this way since the ending was not as dark as you hoped to be and second season had a rushed second half.It kinda felt like there was supposed to be a 3th season but the production changed its mind.

I was actually fine with the ending not being overly dark. Sure a dark ending if done right can be great, but I'm often a fool for the light-hearted endings as well. It was the delivery and messiness of the finale and some episodes leading up to it that didn't impress me.

I guess a lot of it probably boils down to that I didn't care for how they approached keeping some of the mystery and secrets of the Selectors and Mayu. Instead of mystery it felt like just lazy writing full of empty areas and plot holes, attempting to cover up those areas with a veil instead of actually putting something together.
Dec 24, 2014 6:13 AM
Mar 2014
Big Thanks to The Person Who Suggested Me to Watch WIXOSS :')
Really Satisfied With The Series
Dec 24, 2014 3:18 PM

Sep 2010
luinthoron said:
Takata said:
As for Iona and Akira: Given that Ulith has totally broken Akira, accepting any offer of friendship from Iona (remember the Iona she knew before was actually Yuki), seems kinda logical. O.o I thought of it this way: If your current girlfriend mistreated you as much as Ulith mistreated Akira, you'd be willing to go back to your ex-girlfriend (~Iona) even if you didn't really like them. ...maybe not the best example. >.<

A nice theory, but not quite correct. After all, she never actually knew the real Iona, she only knew Yuki. ;)

Ah, right... so... Given how easily Akira became friends with Ulith after finding out she wasn't Yuki, she'd probably become friends with Iona easily after finding out she wasn't Ulith. Plus, Iona _is_ quite friendly and gentle compared to Yuki and Ulith. ^^
Dec 24, 2014 4:10 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Shaniyaz said:
The girl created after Tama and Yuki became one was pretty cute. A bit weird that Ruko would call her Mayu too, but I guess that makes sense (TaMa + Yuki = Mayu indeed).

Knew someone would comment about this haha, but yeah, this one was more obvious for me than LRIG (and unrelated but Psycho Pass took me until the end of the first season...lol).

Anyyyways, so nothing about Ruuko's backstory nor the nightmare in the beginning, okay. Guess I was expecting too much out of Okada and the producers to at least address that. Well it's not like it was super important anyways, but if you're going to include a detail like that which could've been omitted anyways (or instead played out differently like Ruuko lost her parents), aren't you suppose to answer the audience's question about it? Oh well.

In the end, this really was an okay series. The ideas were there, but the execution was just messy imo, reminds me of another anime Okada worked in (*cough*M3*cough*). I like the overall darker and serious atmosphere, but I was never able to really get attached to any of the characters. The closest I guess would be Yuzuki and Hitoe, and maybe Iona near end (and also Kazuki I guess cuz he was just such a nice person). Well good for others though that they liked the series. I wish I could've said the same about it, I was looking forward to it back when I saw the PV for season 1.

And yeah, wtf happened to LRIG Ulith. It's like she was strangled to death in Mayu's imaginary world and no one gave a fuck. It was gruesome though...But hey, happy ending for everyone~ If I had to praise this show for something they did well on, it would be the ending. I'm a sucker for happy, feel-sy endings, and this was perfectly played out as we see everyone, all the previous LRIGs back in their original body and living a normal life. And then when Ruuko was looking for Mayu (well pretty much only Tama :P) at the end. Would've cried if I had been more invested. Tama's sharp squeaky voice annoyed me for the most part, but I think it would be really nice to be able to see her in the real world, wearing a uniform, and just being a normal kid with friends.

Okay why did I type so much...
tingyDec 24, 2014 4:16 PM
Dec 24, 2014 4:36 PM

Jul 2007
I think it's a shame really. Not saying it was bad BUT it had potential to be way better. Many shit left unanswered and the ending felt kinda rushed. That being said I did enjoy it. I'm quite happy the made a second season. OST was awesome too ^^

Human Tama best girl ;_;
Dec 24, 2014 9:05 PM
Dec 2014
I agree with all of the above, this anime had a LOT of potential.

Personally, I wish the anime would have revealed a bit more about Ru's past. If they showed her mistreatment as a child (which was what was implied by the few scenes that showed some of Ru's backstory) it would have allowed a better storyline between Ru and Mayu. For example, Ru reaches the white room, then Mayu convinces her that they are not too different. That they both carry similar hatred and so on until it corrupts Ru. Then Tama somehow is able to snap Ru out of it, then they proceed to helping Mayu feel loved like how the last episode went.

It's a bit surprising how many recent animes totally exclude backstories to their characters as a big part to the anime itself. In older anime it always seemed like a staple to include a thorough in-depth look at character's backstory. Now... not so much.
Dec 26, 2014 2:27 AM

Dec 2007
Easy human!LRIG compilation for those who need it. Also, realized we never saw Anne, Futase's second LRIG. That's slightly unfortunate. ):

(obviously don't include Yuzuki or Tama or Ulith, since those are obvious...)

Dec 26, 2014 1:48 PM

Dec 2013
Mayu's backstory was great. Overall I liked this anime.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Dec 26, 2014 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
Ending was solid enough for me considering the anime was overall better than what I expected from it.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Dec 27, 2014 1:12 AM

Oct 2011
the only thing i want to know is why did yuki start to disappear, seriously i've being pondering about this for a week, can someone help me out here, i can't take my mind off this show until i get this question answered
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Dec 28, 2014 12:41 AM

Sep 2014
What a sweet ending. I was honestly expecting some more despair, or at least a bittersweet ending. Not that I'm complaining though. ;) However, the finale did seem a bit rushed to me but I'm used to rushed finales by now. Some things I found intriguing were left unexplained such as Ruuko's emptiness that caused her mom to leave her, and the nightmare from S1. Oh well, both seasons delivered an amazing ride with all the twists and sweet, tasty despair.

I feel so bad for Mayu. I also didn't like seeing Ulith destroyed, she was one of my favorites. :/

The scene where everyone returned to their normal selves was heartwarming. Midoriko and Hitoe! Futase and Fumio!

Oh and grandma was innocent lolz
Dec 29, 2014 8:56 PM

Jul 2009
I admit I'm a little disappointed ... I feel like the ending could've been better :S
So Ruuko vs Mayu final battle yes, except Tama and Yuki merge into one to create "Mayu" the LRIG. Pretty much talking Mayu into regretting (no big surprise there) except the guessing the colour thing was ... interesting. Even though Ruu said "colourless" it looked like white to me ... but meh. Ulith then gets strangled ...? Or died OK. Then the world starts to collapse and then Ruuko and Mayu hug it out and Mayu disappears all happy-like. Ruuko ends up making her wish except her "selection" ... interesting. So all the LRIGs got returned to become humans again, but I guess Yuki and Tama still aren't there right ...? I mean I recognized most of the girls that were shown at the end but I didn't see them :S 'Cus Iona's the original one again right? >_< I guess that means Ruuko's still looking for them ... except the way it ended didn't seem like there would be a third season even though some stuff was still unanswered like Ruuko's dream! D: Ah well, I guess the ending was pretty sweet (Eldora and Chiyori! :P)

Overall it was still a really good run, I mean loads of unexpected twists and turns to go with everything back in S1. The new charas were all right but man this was really intense and fun to watch but I still wish they'd explain some things (and I didn't love the ending either). Still, gotta give it a 8/10
Dec 30, 2014 6:05 AM

Jul 2011
I love the ending. BEST ANIME SERIES THIS YEAR!! :D
Dec 30, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2009
Meh pretty disappointing season tbh, there was so much that could have been done with this but the writing in this season felt pretty dam lazy compared to the first season. It felt like most of the episodes was spent on the girl's being moody and mopy the whole time instead actual story content that could've been used to flesh this out. Everything felt so coincidental.
Also how did Mayu get these powers??
And in the end the whole thing about Ruuko being different and that her parents being scared of her being built up led to nothing, same as the construction building, I feel like the writers had something in mind but abandoned it altogether..
And what exactly happened to Akira?? Apparently she's all good and happy with the real Iona now? I am guessing Hanayo is out there somewhere in her body as well...?

Also grandma turned out to be just a grandma >.<!!

6/10, wasted potential after the surprisingly good first season :/
Jan 1, 2015 5:30 AM

Dec 2012
SaveTheAralSea said:
Oh and grandma was innocent lolz
I have to admit that completely threw me off as I was constantly thinking "ok where will the grandma fit into all of this?" all season. It felt like a magician was making me focus on a dummy trick to reveal his real one from the other hand.

Well much like season 1, Spread managed to pull me in and completely immerse me from start to finish. I'm actually really glad I put it on hold and waited for the season to end, as I couldn't contain my desire to watch the next episode as soon as the ending started rolling each time.

The revelation behind the term "Selector" really shed light on the nature of Wixoss as well as the characters themselves, synonymous to the choices, decisions, and psychological state of each girl. While Mayu's desire was for people to make choices that would all lead down the same path of misery and misfortune, Ruko was determined to make choices that would elude that endgame result.

The song that played during the last few minutes was absolutely lovely and really captured that sensation that the journey was finally coming to an end. There's so much that I'd like to type and were it not for time constraints would have no issue doing so. But this is definitely a series I'm going to have to reflect on for a while as it was brimming with so many great moments. Even despite the unfinished loose ends, I couldn't help but eat this all up.

An Aki-lucky-lovely-unsightly-stabby-Aoi-9/10 to compliment season 1.
Jan 1, 2015 6:39 AM

Jan 2011
Lots of stuff happened this episode.
Liked this a lot overall, feels rather unique too.
However, at times the drama (mainly the amount of tears flowing) was overkill.
7/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 2, 2015 9:06 PM

Mar 2009
Tama. ;_;
I'm happy.

Grandma isn't the final boss?! What the hell?

Good series, overall. One of Mari Okada's stronger works.
Jan 4, 2015 7:36 AM
Mar 2013
Aozure said:
It felt like most of the episodes was spent on the girl's being moody and mopy the whole time instead actual story content that could've been used to flesh this out./

See, this is what I'm glad they didn't do. If they took out most of those scenes just for plot, they would just be doing the same stupid thing most shows do. Which is the main characters friends (and sometimes the MC even) will try to sweep things under the rug like it's not a big deal even when it is a big deal (I hate when shows do that just for the sake of more plot). I felt like this show handled this more real than those by having the characters not just get over their problems so easily and having them take it seriously. Not only that, but their moods and the way they handled things were very realistic.
Jan 5, 2015 4:58 AM

Jan 2011
It was an alright show I guess.
Jan 5, 2015 2:31 PM

Oct 2010
I'm pretty sure that white is a color, not "colorless".

Mayu threw the match. Yawn. 6/10
Jan 7, 2015 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
Well, that's it. Bye. Thanks for 12 episodes of depression and despair each week. 5/10 for this season.

tingy said:
In the end, this really was an okay series. The ideas were there, but the execution was just messy imo, reminds me of another anime Okada worked in (*cough*M3*cough*).

+1
Jan 9, 2015 3:28 AM

Nov 2012
The only thing that would make this series perfect (or even closer) would be if they finally explained the batoru rules in-depth, and the 'conditions' of becoming a LRIG. Probably some more background information about how Ruuko is a great fighter would be good too. Other than that great series.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jan 13, 2015 6:31 PM

Nov 2012
Good story, bad characters. 6/10
No akilucky on the last episode/10 I wanna die
Jan 13, 2015 11:20 PM

Nov 2011
If there's anything more annoying than this anime, IT WOULD BE THE FEELING OF EXCITEMENT AND RELIEF DURING THE LAST FEW MINUTES.

WHY, did this shit have to be about card battles???? It would have been SOOOOOO much better if this was a psychological drama shoujo ai series.

AND THE LAST FEW SECONDS

WHY DID THE ANIME HAVE TO BE SO FUCKING HORRIBLE

WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN ABOUT THE LIVES OF NORMAL PEOPLE GOING THROUGH PROBLEMS WITH RELATIONSHIPS

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit
Jan 14, 2015 1:30 AM

Jun 2008
Beautiful ending....and in many ways very bittersweet....but still pretty satisfying.

This series has plenty of problems, mostly that they never fucking explain how you even play the goddamn card game!

But still, it was filled with intrigue and for the most part it kept me wanting to see more.

8/10

This anime really surprised me.
Jan 22, 2015 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
So, was Mayu trapped in purgatory all this time?

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 25, 2015 3:51 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending and "wrapup?" of this anime, I quite liked the action and storytelling so all in all I liked this second season as well! 7/10
Jan 27, 2015 2:05 AM

May 2009
Game was rigged. Mayu stop cheating please. Also that card was clearly white. Since when was white not a color? 8/10 made no sense and yet I don't care cause it was still great. Thanks.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jan 30, 2015 8:18 PM

Apr 2012
The most disappointing thing is that I actually expected the Wixoss series to be a 3 season run, I remember that it was said that it'll be 3 seasons before the 1st one aired. Oh well. Ending was fine, I didn't expect it to end happy tbh, but the damn unexplained plot holes, ugh. Could definitely use some more explanation to some stuff that was going on. Or a tutorial for the game.
Either way, 8/10 unless I wake up and decide to rate it a 9 just because I enjoyed the whole ride immensely.
Feb 4, 2015 4:37 AM

Jan 2012
Ruu's voice = 10/10

i'd melt everytime i hear she say "Hitoe" for some reason

way too much talking about the same crap imo...

plot is meh

aki lucky needs a good pounding

everything else were forgettable

7/10
Feb 6, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2014
0/5 Shit show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2015 1:15 PM
May 2012
Well, it ended without answering many things they presented.......but oh well, it is a happy end, so all cool. These girls deserves a happy end, and the ending was rather beautiful to me along with that OST~
Yuki + Tama = Pretty. I really like almost all seiyuus in this Anime, the animation, and the OSTs, too~
It was a nice watch. I'll miss these girls. Thank you ^^
Feb 7, 2015 10:43 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That was Midoriko in the train with Hitoe?

Well that would mean Chiyori and Eldora or however she is spelled could reunite. I mean last I saw Midoriko was in season 1 flying towards the sky.

I'm curious as to what happened to Hanayo? Did she really disappear?

Ulith got destroyed in the end, but she did get one good slap towards white haired Mayu.

Nice that Ruko called the fusion girl Mayu as well, combining the Ma from Tama and Yu from Yuki to make Mayu.

One thing I don't get is what was the point of showing a creepy dream back in season. Was it only to show the future taintedness of Tama?

Feb 13, 2015 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
WuBoyBR said:
0/5 Shit show.

LOL this kid... SAO 0/5 shit show.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2014

80 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

87 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 6:52 AM

» A question about Hitoe

kaede666 - May 25, 2022

1 by Phantom1412 »»
May 26, 2022 1:42 PM

» Is it okay to finish WIXOSS with this season

Lonely_Ronin123 - Nov 7, 2019

2 by Heimur »»
Nov 7, 2019 3:20 PM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

72 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 6, 2019 9:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.