Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 16, 2009 12:12 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We learned alot in this episode. The Alliance and Gale are apparently working together, the later making weapons for the former. Ran, for all intents and purposes, is the leader of the Gale and they do whatever she wishes. Interestingly, she tells Ichise that he will "destroy everything and be left alone." This makes things very interesting for future events.

But, I wonder who that was that was shown at the beginning and end of the episode. I suppose he must be a member of the class and, perhaps, the one who sent Kazuho to Lux.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 5, 2012 8:58 AM

Jul 2009
I found Ran's prophecy funny - I could have told Ichise, based on ep' one alone, what his future looked like.
It reminds me of those medium shows were a medium with a massive crowd makes a highly likely statement that will appeal to someone.

Jan 21, 2012 8:59 PM

Nov 2011
I actually really enjoyed this episode. It was interesting to see Ran's character come out. Contrary to what a lot of people say, I actually enjoy the characters in Texhnolyze very much: Onishi, Ran, Ichise, and more whom I can't name right now. I also find the use of sex in the show to be kind of jarring. It looks like there was another homosexual scene when Ichise first joined the Organo, with that boy who had sex with his father. I forget his name. Also, the nudity around Ran is interesting, two women without their shirts on. That kind of thing would never go over in an American cartoon.
Jun 1, 2012 4:53 PM

Dec 2010
I couldn't enjoy this episode because of the horrible contrast. But what really interested me was Ran's prophesy at the end... not like I couldn't tell the same prophesy to Ichise judging by what happened to now :D
Jul 17, 2012 9:34 AM

Dec 2009
Hmm it's starting to make a lot of sense now.

Oh who am I kidding.
Jul 27, 2012 9:58 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting episode, who exactly are the people of Gabe? How Important are they?
Ran seems even more important than I first thought, also the people of Gabe and the Union seem to be working together for some reason.

It's all still very confusing, specially after the prophecy of Ran in the end of the episode.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Dec 6, 2012 4:58 AM

Jun 2010
Great episode, finally seeing some of Ran's personality. The story of Onishi's legs was instersting. That blue-haired guy has crazy legs. I assume he's sleeping with his sister.
I don't think Ichise slept with Toyama. His advice was to not wear a tie. He just told him in the most suggestive way possible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2013 6:38 AM

Jan 2012
Those guys with masks are creepy, they always appear just like that out of blue. Anyway, Onishi's story about selling legs was interesting.

May 23, 2013 11:33 PM
Aug 2011
This was a good episode. The guy in the and looked like a satyr with those legs.
Jun 4, 2013 12:54 AM

Jan 2013
Well this episode wasn't too boring.
Jul 28, 2013 1:42 PM

Sep 2008
The plot seems to clarify each episode.
Also, the series is more and more captivating.
Aug 30, 2013 8:21 AM
May 2012
Those guys are creepy why the hell are they almost naked and those two naked girls anyway this is getting interesting.
Sep 30, 2013 10:40 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Semi-naked people with masks on are either very, very good or very bad, and this case it's the latter. Ichise is apparently going to make Kazuho's wish of destroying everyone which is not really a surprise seeing his temper issues and sheer strength.

Is it just me or do him and Ran have some sort of feelings for each other? Not neccesarily love or physical attraction, but more of an understanding of each other?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 7, 2013 5:34 PM

Nov 2009
So . . . The Gabe or w/e people are planning to arm themselves? Or who are they making the weapons for? Either way, why would they just let it go? I mean so they can see the future, that doesn't give them the right to betray the organization protecting them (I think) and just stock up on weapons, preparing to stab them in the back.
Apr 15, 2014 10:24 AM

May 2012
Slow but steady development.
Apr 15, 2014 11:21 PM

Jan 2013
Good backstory on Onishi. Interesting to see how Ichise will check his ways to disprove Ran's prophecy.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 19, 2014 9:50 AM

Jun 2011
I wonder why Ichise feels so strongly for Ran.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 2, 2014 4:12 PM

Apr 2013
So the legs give him the ability to "hear the voice of the city." What does that mean exactly? Does that imply something about the Raffia?

Interesting.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 4, 2015 7:25 PM

Aug 2014
First off I just have to say that Ichise looked so cool in that suit. I really liked how Onishi and Ichise are pretty much bros now. They trust each other in battle because they both have great instincts for battle. What I'm referring to is the part where Ichise didn't run away when the guy told him to and he stopped the bullet with his texhnolyzed arm and Onishi immediately shot the guy as if he knew that Ichise would block that for him. It reminded me of a Guts and Griffith, Mugen and Jin, Luffy and Zoro, Gon and Killua kinds of relationships where they have each other's back. I now have more evidence to support my theory from last episode on how Ichise is really just a nice guy on the inside because when Ran said he would do horrible things he denied it and said he would never do those things and he was very upset knowing that he might actually end up killing lots of people because she can see the future.

Jan 24, 2015 1:54 AM

May 2011
I see that Texhnolyze is turning into a direction I am not in favour of. Here was hoping for Texhnolyze to be a spiritual successor to Lain: a scientific conspiracy; only to see Texhnolyze turning into some prophecy-filled yakuza-ism anime and the fact that Ichise joined the Organo left a bitter taste in my mouth. I was expecting the protagonists to follow their own independent routes as they slowly progress into the truth, the 'truth' seen by our Ran, only for it to become some sort of a highly overshadowing mundane plot. I hope this can regain its momentum as seen in the first five episodes, the ones which were truly great.

4/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 5, 2015 6:10 PM

Dec 2011
So, who is the guy with two texhnolyzed legs on the end of the episode? Those Gabe people are very mysterious, they remember me of Toga people from Haibane Renmei.
Feb 24, 2015 1:59 PM
Jul 2014
I wonder where will it go from here...
May 16, 2015 6:38 PM

Sep 2013
According to this

It's gg already
Jun 9, 2015 9:38 AM
Nov 2014
dat nudity xDD. Pretty good episode, I have a feeling Ichise will rekt some shit soon.
Aug 2, 2015 3:16 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting ep....good backstory on Onishi and Ran's prophecy.
Sep 3, 2015 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
When the hell did Ichise join Organo?
Did I miss something?

It seems like this happens with almost every episode of this show... there isn't much of any continuity between them. There's a small time skip without any explanation of what happened in-between, or why things have changed.
It makes the show really difficult to follow... drives me crazy. >_<
::End of Transmission::

Aug 30, 2016 10:08 AM

May 2010
Eh I don't think this show is very hard to follow. It's actually more of the opposite. It flows rather smoothly.

Ran is shaping up to be an interesting character.
Jan 16, 2017 6:31 PM

Jul 2016
Based on his hair color, his texhnolyzed limbs, and the timing of Oonishi's story about how he lost his legs, I have a feeling that the man talking at the beginning and end of the episode is the same person Oonishi gave his legs to.
Feb 25, 2017 5:45 PM

Aug 2007
Okay, I'm back trying to finish this dang anime after trudging through the first 12 episodes. (I'll actually finish it this time because of the Anime Challenge.... unless I just procrastinate until December, which is unlikely.)

This episodes wasn't as bad. Some of the back story was interesting. But I'm still not feeling these characters >>u

Mar 17, 2017 9:16 PM

Jun 2013
What a bleak future to get. Poor Ichise, but at least she read his future for free.

Jan 14, 2018 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
Ichise's strong attachment to Ran is a bit random.

Didn't expect the Gabe to betray them but I don't get why they just let them go if they had that Organo guy try to kill Ichise and Onishi in the first place.
Oct 24, 2018 8:03 AM

Oct 2012
I think when onishi says he can talk to the city he's referring to something like when Ichises mom talked to him through his technolized limbs a couple episodes back. Toyama said that raffia is only found in this town because there were a bunch of dead bodies in the mine. So I figure those bodies are infused into onishis and most of the other technolized citizens in this town in the same way.

I don't think Gabe is teamed up with the union though, I think the guns are for themselves. Possibly for self defense? Or maybe just to protect Ran. But the double crosser was working for Gabe and he seemed surprised that that union spy was there in the first place, not to mention he shot him. Why would he have intentionally killed the union spy if Gabe and the union were working together? maybe I just missed something.

This series isn't nearly as confusing as the beginning lead me to expect it would be, but it can still be a bit hard to connect all the pieces it gives you. That said in definitely enjoying it and excited to see Rans prophecy come true.
May 27, 2019 2:56 AM

Jul 2016
What is up with Gabe? I am confused, it is more confusing than Lain.
Jun 6, 2019 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
vigorousjammer said:
Did I miss something?

It seems like this happens with almost every episode of this show... there isn't much of any continuity between them. There's a small time skip without any explanation of what happened in-between, or why things have changed.

In the end of episode 11. Ichise visits Oonishi in the hospital and says he'll join because he has nowhere else to go. It was very clear. It's not the show's fault you're not paying any attention. So yeah, you did miss something.
Jun 9, 2019 3:34 PM

Mar 2014
HungryForQuality said:
vigorousjammer said:
Did I miss something?

In the end of episode 11. Ichise visits Oonishi in the hospital and says he'll join because he has nowhere else to go. It was very clear. It's not the show's fault you're not paying any attention. So yeah, you did miss something.

Maybe the subs I was using were bad, because I remember having trouble following a lot of things. I've been thinking about trying to re-watch it using the dub.
::End of Transmission::

Aug 16, 2019 10:09 AM

May 2016
First time I can say finally I enjoyed this show and the reason is simple we had few dialogues.

other episode most of them be like yeah, okay, so , I see, fine.....
Jun 4, 2020 8:09 AM

Dec 2016
Its pretty cool how Rans profecy about Oonishi legs coming back to destroy him made sense in the end of the episode.

Dec 11, 2020 11:12 AM
Mar 2020
Ever since Yoshii died it felt like the show was spinning its wheels, but this episode was anything but that: lots of foreshadowing and character development
Feb 14, 2021 12:04 PM

Mar 2016
AuronAsimov said:
Its pretty cool how Rans profecy about Oonishi legs coming back to destroy him made sense in the end of the episode.

yes so very clever

Apr 17, 2021 5:19 PM
Aug 2020
glad to hear Ichise's voice more and more each episode!
Apr 19, 2021 1:39 PM

Mar 2010
Damn Everytime I see Ran I just want her to rape me more and more, twas a great episode. Seein her in that outfit really suites her well.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 2021 5:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oonishi had to sell his legs before, so that's why he's texhnolyzed, so Ishimori had been paid by Gabe to stop them because of the prophecy... Oonishi's legs will cause destruction on himself, same for Ichise, and he'll end up alone, that's some really dark future.
Aug 31, 2021 7:55 PM

Mar 2018
I have a feeling Ran's statement of "Nothing changes, after all" a few episodes back is going to haunt the later episodes of this show considering how this one unfolded. This show has been very obtuse when it came to revealing it's message and intentions and I feel these are the hints.
Nov 26, 2021 2:28 AM

Aug 2017
Looks like Oonishi's legs didn't really help that guy.

I like how those cult dudes just materialize out of nowhere.
Dec 29, 2021 9:36 PM

Feb 2021
Okay, now I think I get what's going on. This episode really helped verify my inferences from the previous one. Ran saw Ichise's future and apparently he's prophesied to cause destruction to the city because that's his destiny, that's why she was so scared. Just like Zod told Guts he and Griffith were both bound by their own fate in Berserk. Speaking of Berserk I'm noticing a lot of similarities between these two stories. Ichise, like Guts, questions to himself how much he's really changed after joining Onishi or Griffith respectively.

I noticed again in Onishi's backstory he too acquired texhnolyzed limbs for his own reasons, to gain wisdom from the city or whatever over time, that's why he sold them
CrackMay 16, 2022 4:44 PM
Oct 12, 2022 4:07 AM

Oct 2020
I understood that that bastard deliberately shot the knife guy in the head.
Jan 4, 2023 3:09 PM

Dec 2010
Onishi's "legs" coming back to haunt him is genius. 

It felt so surprising to see Ichise in a proper suit, but it's also pretty cool. Him denying the destruction he's fated to bring was also another proof that he isn't a bad guy deep down, he was just driven to the level of a wild animal by his circumstances.

If you think about the Yakuza's role in Japan, it's not that surprising that Ichise chose to join them. They are "the lowest" and only bring "some" order to an already very chaotic environment, nothing like a white collar job or law enforcement. It's out of the question that Ichise would join the crazy fanatics. As for the Rakan, he already hung out with them and didn't seem terribly impressed. He actually didn't even consider them, when he said "I have nowhere else to go" to the Organo, lol. And let's be fair, the Rakan are just a scrappier version of the Organo - a bunch of good-for-nothing thugs that still fight for control of territory with their "forces", despite preaching absolute freedom and whatnot.
Mar 6, 2023 11:24 PM

Dec 2022
The way Ichise calls out Ran's name near the end there lacks much urgency. Felt like the voice acting could've been a bit more dynamic there.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 26, 2023 10:22 AM

Jun 2022
I'm confused, why did Onishi have to donate his legs away? Couldn't the boy who was born with a birth defect just get texhnolyzed legs himself? And how do his legs help him "feel" the city? There's a lot in this shows world building that they are just glossing over.
Apr 25, 2023 1:36 AM
Apr 2022
Ran’s prophecy ‘you’re in danger of being destroyed by what you lost in the past (referring to Onishi’s legs) links with his flashback where he sold his legs to the disabled kid. So now those legs are on him, he will be destroyed by that boy, who we see at the start and end of the episode with his sister
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zepwich - Dec 9, 2009

63 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.