Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2009 4:25 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow that was a very emotional episode. The new queen has it hard trying to cope with the loss of her grandma, deal with her uncle's advances, figure out if she can trust the person she truly loves, and decide whether it's right for her to marry him.

Next episode looks like they're gonna try and take Lilan presumably to show the duke's son that the queen can control a beast lord. Looks like Lilan kills them though lol. This is gonna get pretty messed up if Erin shows up on Lilan when the queen meets the duke's son on the battle field.
Nov 1, 2009 8:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Is it just me, or the animation quality and the detail of the background were dramatically improved in this episode?

Good episode on the young princess/queen. We saw a lot of character development there....

Again, ominous episode preview. Things are starting to move very fast. Unfortunately, it will be left half-finished due to the last two volumes being only released recently....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 1, 2009 9:41 PM

Apr 2008
Who knows, maybe there will be a second season though I don't know how popular this show is in Japan.
Nov 2, 2009 7:16 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, damiya cried....

Shunan made a common screw up:
" we must marry for the sake of the country "
Nov 2, 2009 7:55 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, too bad Shunan didn't formulate his proposal better.

Erin isn't in a good situation right now and according to the preview it's going to get worse next week (I can't wait :p).
Nov 8, 2009 3:44 PM

Feb 2009
Oh, that was so stupid of him, poor Erin she'll definitely get caught in this. I would laugh if the same thing happen again, human can be so stupid that it is scary.
Nov 19, 2009 7:03 AM

Jul 2009
Maybe I missed something, but I'm not quite sure why Iaru hasn't said anything about the tohdas not having the mark of the Taiko. You'd think that bit of information would clear up any thoughts about the Taiko trying to kill Shin-Oh. /sigh

Nice proposal, Shunan.

Next ep looks craaaaaaaaazy!
Jul 15, 2011 4:47 PM

Jun 2010
I pity Shunan for having to deal with that naive child. More for being in love with her.

Inversely, that country is very fortunate to have someone as brave and thoughtful as Shunan at this dire point in its history. His ability to see past the monarchy's divine descent myth despite his whole culture reinforcing it is impressive.
FronzelJul 15, 2011 6:14 PM
Sep 12, 2011 10:02 PM

Sep 2008
Fronzel said:
I pity Shunan for having to deal with that naive child. More for being in love with her.

Inversely, that country is very fortunate to have someone as brave and thoughtful as Shunan at this dire point in its history. His ability to see past the monarchy's divine descent myth despite his whole culture reinforcing it is impressive.

This. Definitely.

Another user said they felt bad for Seimiya. She just annoyed me. She and everyone else are so sadly oblivious to the fact that Damiya is seriously plotting something. It seems like he just wants the throne. Was he trying to talk Seimiya into marrying him or something? Now that would be messed up. I hope Shuunan steals her away and shreds Damiya's plans to pieces. Hopefully Erin and Ial will be able to aid in setting the country straight.

Darn, though. Damiya is seriously good at faking it. Crocodile tears, I say!
Sep 14, 2011 8:41 AM

Jun 2007
Fronzel said:

Shunan is one of the few characters in this story I don't class as an idiot. He's trying his hardest to unify the two halves of the country in the most peaceful manner, and Semiya DOES love him... yet, because she thinks she's a God she won't marry him, and she probably also thinks it's better to keep her bloodline pure by marrying her uncle?... Shunan didn't word his proposal as good as he could have done but I still felt like slapping Semiya for thinking she's better than him, purely because of her gold eyes.

You've got Damiya trying to get everyone to kill each other in order to purify the country... or something; the queen and her daughter oblivious of everything yet sitting in the top seats; and Shunan's brother only knows how to chop trees with an extension of his (small) penis.

The only way for this series to have a good ending is for everyone other than Shunan to die. Then, I can smile.
Nov 24, 2011 8:22 AM

Jan 2011
Fronzel said:

This. He's one of the best characters in this series and unfortunately while I don't dislike Semiya, I think Shunan would be wasted on her. Still, I suppose love isn't about that kind of thing.
Jun 8, 2012 2:26 PM

May 2010
But I will govern this country like my grandmother did

NO! That's the LAST thing you should do.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 11, 2013 10:06 PM
Jan 2013
Confucius said:
But I will govern this country like my grandmother did

NO! That's the LAST thing you should do.

This. I totally agree.

Seimiyah doesn't deserve to rule if she can be led by one person's advice. No one should get all their counsel from a single source.
She also doesn't deserve to rule if she considers a whole region under her control (or an ally) to be contemptible. So arrogant.

Preview: NO! WHY? Poor Erin, Poor Lilan. I bet the handlers were arrogant.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Aug 9, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2011
Well damn, that proposal sure didn't come out like the way I thought. Decent episode though. The OST fits with the mood perfectly.
Mar 24, 2014 3:37 PM

May 2012
Things sure are going to get quite serious in the next coming episodes towards the end! Let's see what happens next!
Jun 23, 2014 10:57 PM

Aug 2013
"I will rules this country with a pure heart."

A pure heart will stave off invading armies and insurgency? She's not even aware of what's happening in her country. She's really an idiot.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 17, 2014 7:03 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah . . . I really kind of wish he didn't really care about Seimiya and just completely bull dozer the capital, I honestly don't believe that the Queen district deserves to have any power in the country whatsoever, they literally just take a dump on the Duke's quarter constantly and for some reason think its only natural that the Duke's army die for them.
Feb 13, 2015 1:07 AM
Aug 2014
Seimiya is still quite naive and her not knowing the story of Je certainly isn't helping, but Shunan sure doesn't know how to propose.
May 30, 2015 11:24 AM

Dec 2013
Erin's gonna is the mute whistle?! Shit's getting real.
Jul 7, 2015 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
*facepalm* how do you plan to rule a country you know nothing about....

by keeping it beautiful...ugh.
Mar 30, 2016 10:24 PM
May 2010
I feel sad for the position Seimiyah has found herself in. In many ways she's a spoiled child but, in essence, she doesn't behave like a brat, more, naive than anything.
Nov 18, 2016 8:57 PM

Jul 2009
Jeez, Seimiya is such a whiny, naive bitch. Shunan on the other hand is such a terrific character, second only to Erin herself. That scene where he presented his men to Seimiya gave me the hibby-jibbies.
Dec 17, 2016 3:25 AM

Feb 2016
Oh dear, Shugan is screwed over, many this has GoT vibes all over, albeit more simple.

We've seen what one beast lord can do to a touda raid, now imagine if the 'Queen's faction' got their hand on a handful of beast lords for war?

And out of nowhere, deeper into the pits of dispair, the braindead nationalist little brother appears and pincers Shugan's vanguard as well as cutting of their main supply, sealing the Grand Duke's quarters/castle.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Aug 24, 2018 5:39 AM

Sep 2011
Seimiya is suffering, and Damiya didn't waste any time into poisoning her further against Shunan, blaming the Grand Duke without proof, but it's no wonder he can get away with it, since they don't know much about the Touda, and it's natural to link them to the Grand Duke. It was mortifying the way he pretended to care by hugging her, and faking some tears when he's the one that is responsible for the death of the Queen.

But Shunan stood his ground, he did the best he could to clear up the misunderstanding, and to try and show Seimiya how she won't be able to save this country by herself when she's oblivious to the suffering of her people. The vision of the soldiers ravaged by war may have been a big shock, but it was one that she needed. Shunan also finally proposed to her, not in the best way since he was forced by the circumstances, I'm sure he wanted it to be different, but I loved the scene. But unfortunately he couldn't bring himself to say that he loved her, and she thought he only wanted the power, and in turn he thought that she found him too low, too little to marry her. It was heartbreaking, especially seeing again all the little moments they shared. I wish they could be happy, but I guess that Nugan will finally play his role, manipulated by Damiya no doubt, and to make things worse, Shunan just set by himself the perfect stage for a tragedy similar to the one from the past.

Now Erin and Lilan are about to face their biggest ordeal till now, and I don't believe it will be over soon, and my heart is aching.
May 12, 2019 2:28 PM

Oct 2015
Shunan was great in this episode. He knew that with the death of Halumiya and the accusations directed at Grand Duke it was only a matter of time before things started breaking apart but he also was aware that storming the palace with Tōda would've done more harm than good. He presented himself very well and was reasonable throughout. I would imagine his kid brother will be a big obstacle to him though.
May 29, 2019 11:35 PM

Oct 2012
Everything went as I expected, especially from the new Queen
I'm still annoyed how easy to manipulated and naive the new Queen is

Tbh I'm more looking forward the Queen's country ruined than saved
There will be another much better country born from it

Next ep, finally back to Erin & Lilan
I don't really like the politics play :P
Though it's really important play at this point, Shuunan failed though.. Kinda shame it's Naive-miya
"Signature removed"
Nov 9, 2019 5:37 AM

Oct 2015
Things are tough for Seimiya, Shunan is throwing an ultimatums left and right. I don't Seimiya for refusing him, the guy was being an upstanding jerk, hate him with a passion. I hope he gets killed in the series, I hate his types.

I guess war is not preventable at this point!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 18, 2020 11:41 PM

Feb 2014
Damn some good drama in this episode. Of course as the viewer, knowing as much as we do about both sides, I want them to be together, but I feel for all of their hesitations about tying the knot. Seimiya has always wanted to be with Shunan, but there's the whole Holon/Wajyaku political debate, and now that he looks like someone who could have been involved in the assassination of her grandmother, she's really conflicted and angry at him. Shunan has always wanted to be with her too, but he's trying to convince her by focusing on all the political benefit, which makes her question if he truly loves her </3

This whole aura of the inevitable end of this world keeps getting heavier and heavier :0
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2020 5:42 PM

Mar 2016
The wort part,is that Seimiya loves (or loved) him, she would've agreed to marry Shunan with no problem if he waited a little more and made the right choosing of words. Poor Erin, she's about to get dragged into this.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 14, 2022 3:30 PM

Jan 2010
This anime in a nutshell I guess.

Nov 2, 2022 3:01 AM

Dec 2018
I would honestly want to see the Queens quarter in ruin to teach Seimiya a lesson but this isn't her story so this will not happen. she also reminds me of Princess Shoukei from 12 kingdoms, love her character development from that series, now let's see if Seimiya will change for the better or for the worst...

Shocked said:
This anime in a nutshell I guess.

love this
Oct 23, 2023 2:05 PM

Jan 2021
Unsurprisingly a pretty bleak episode, which likely sets the tone for the next series of episodes. The Queen’s death upset an incredibly precarious balance, and things have tipped towards chaos. I can only assume that it is a slippery slope. These next few are probably gonna hurt. The episode did a great job resetting and reframing the main political conflicts before pushing them forward, and setting up Erin and Lilan’s likely role in all this. The one thing I don’t have any real grasp on is exactly what Damiya stands to gain here and what his plan is. If it’s just solidifying the Queen’s power, then some of his moves don’t make a ton of sense. There’s too many open ends tied to him and it freaks me out. 42 episodes in and he’s still such an unknown.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 36 Discussion

wakka9ca - Sep 20, 2009

26 by Rob7 »»
Nov 15, 2023 4:58 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 41 Discussion

wakka9ca - Oct 25, 2009

37 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 40 Discussion

wakka9ca - Oct 17, 2009

39 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 39 Discussion

Ahohime - Oct 11, 2009

40 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:24 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 38 Discussion

Beave - Oct 4, 2009

36 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.