Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2009 12:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Erin graduates! And she decides to remain a teacher in the academy.

Other than that, pretty much all the students that were in the same year as Erin left the academy to start their own life.

And in the next episode, we get to see a new wave of young students, including a young girl interested in Erin....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 29, 2009 6:08 PM

Nov 2008
Erin's going to become a teacher isn't she?

Wow, there are quite a few episodes left ^^ !
Sep 30, 2009 2:31 PM
Dec 2007
This episode was a pure Erin episode : well-paced, with moderate but interesting developments, a very atmospheric direction and overall just great.

PS: CR's subs are still as horrible as ever.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 10, 2009 12:13 PM

Aug 2008
I had quite the problem with the cgi butterflies. Besides that, I liked the episode, but Erin becoming a teacher seems pretty stagnant for her development, consididering I thought she wanted to be a vet. I guess this is just a means to keep her with Lilan longer.
Oct 22, 2009 8:29 PM

Jan 2008
Oh? Erin is to become teacher?
Jul 13, 2011 11:13 AM

Jun 2010
Erin's parting with her classmates wasn't very effective because they're played nearly no role and had little screentime since they were introduced, even Yuuyan. Maybe that episode devoted to those two idiots would have been better spent on them instead?
Sep 9, 2011 9:54 PM

Sep 2008
Fronzel said:
Erin's parting with her classmates wasn't very effective because they're played nearly no role and had little screentime since they were introduced, even Yuuyan.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this... When she was crying and there were memories playing from the [few] times she was with her classmates, I was finding it hard to really be sad about their - her classmates' - departures. Even Yuuyan. It seemed like she spent far more time with Lilan than she did with any of her classmates.

In any case, I still really liked the episode! Lilan's chewing her tail was... interesting? Prepartum depression causing self-harm?! Or... strange cravings? Really wouldn't have thought that human characteristics during pregnancy would be reflected in other animals.
Apr 12, 2012 4:52 AM
Aug 2010
They should have spent more time creating the bond between Erin and her classmates rather than keeping the Mukku And the other at Kazalm.
lpfApr 12, 2012 7:37 AM

Jun 8, 2012 11:34 AM

May 2010
She cheated on the exam!!! How else could she have been the valedictorian?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 8, 2013 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
Oh god, I'm going to miss the kids as well. Hope all of them returns soon in the future. Grats on everyone that passed the exam though!

Confucius said:
She cheated on the exam!!! How else could she have been the valedictorian?

Lmao.
Oct 18, 2013 8:12 PM
Aug 2011
Erin's classmates still looked exactly the same and were about the same height as they were when Erin first arrived in the academy.
Laziness like that bothers me. -_-
Mar 24, 2014 1:40 PM

May 2012
And they're all gone! Well this sure is some nice development with them all graduating I really wonder what Erin will do next!
Jun 23, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
I actually felt sad when Yuuyan left.

I think this is the first time I see an animal giving birth in an anime - with the offspring actually sticking out from the hooha (though it's not show in its full glory lol).
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 16, 2014 10:25 PM

Nov 2009
Okay . . . So why exactly is Erin becoming a teacher? I thought that she was becoming a Beastinarian, wasn't that the point? Seems so random to have a school centered around Beast Lords when its goal isn't to train you to become someone who looks after Beast Lords.
Feb 10, 2015 7:51 AM
Aug 2014
The only way for Erin to remain at the academy so that she could keep looking after Lilan was to become a teacher though.
Jul 2, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2008
Pirating_Ninja said:
Okay . . . So why exactly is Erin becoming a teacher? I thought that she was becoming a Beastinarian, wasn't that the point? Seems so random to have a school centered around Beast Lords when its goal isn't to train you to become someone who looks after Beast Lords.

So she can naively stay with Lilan for the rest of her life.

Something has got to give here soon with evil teacher and the boss Damiyan.
Mar 30, 2016 1:04 AM
May 2010
The system most likely revolves around the best student of the year, being allowed to stay and keep caring for the beast-lords, whilst the others are beastarians, and basically graduate with a diploma saying that they are adapt at medicine in general and at caring for animals, Beastarians essentially. Then they go out in the world and for instance, take care of cattle, or goats, most likely a lot of beastarians are needed to take care of the goats simply because how much goat the Toudo and Beast-lords like to eat.
Nov 18, 2016 3:31 PM

Jul 2009
Goodbye friends :( Was expecting blood from the goat scene but forgot the rating for this show.
Dec 16, 2016 7:44 PM

Feb 2016
I have a feeling, or the general sense that it would be better, that the narrater is in fact an adult Erin and not the mother.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Aug 22, 2018 4:35 PM

Sep 2011
All in all it's been a beautiful episode filled with partings and new beginnings!

Lilan is pregnant, Eku is staying by her side, and now Erin is taking care of the two of them, soon to be three! And Tomura is still gently watching over Erin. Esal, Erin and Tomura are also learning more about the Beast-Lords, about their reproduction, the way they communicate and stuff.

But I was a bit worried when Kiriku offered himself to report Lilan's pregnancy to the Queen, I thought he was going to do it in a underhanded way, and only tell Damiya or something, but I'm glad that at least on the suffarce he did what he had to. And now Ial also knows about Lilan's baby, and that's nice because he was reminded of Erin too no doubt. I was playing it safe and saying "maybe" and "probably", but now I will only be surprised if Damiya isn't the one behind the "Saigamul". I wonder how much Kiriku told him about Erin during the night, or if he's keeping her existence to himself so far.

Also, Erin did her best with the graduation test, and now she will be a teacher! That scene in which Lilan's baby kicked her belly with Erin there by her side was SO CUTE, and important! I won't forgive anyone that disturbs this precious family, they are so lovely.

And then came the parting with her classmates. I'm going to miss Yuuyan a bit, but the others didn't really leave a impression on me, but that sequence with their scenes was still effective, it even made me sorry to see them go!
May 28, 2019 6:48 AM

Oct 2012
Ofc the duke and Kiriku know each other, Kiriku obviously told him about Erin and her "magic"

That's kinda sad when she's parting with her classmates
I don't remember most of them though.. mostly only Yuuyan, her crush, and the glasses boy
I don't know where did he get the glasses, but it's so out of place in fantasy setting xD

Looks like Erin is going to be a teacher
So it's bound to have a "troublemaker" or "troubled" students
"Signature removed"
Jul 18, 2019 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
The end of another chapter in Erin's life. Still, saying goodbye to the classmates wasn't as strong as it could have been since they got barely any focus. Good episode.
Nov 8, 2019 10:59 AM

Oct 2015
Sad parting with friends by Erin and other graduates, particularly with Yuuyan, who didn't have much presence in the show. But nonetheless that was a tearful goodbye.

Too bad Jone wasn't there to witness Erin's moment. Being a teacher is great and very suiting for Erin.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 18, 2020 6:27 PM

Feb 2014
The baby is kicking!! Looks like next episodeis gonna be Lilan junior's debut!

Bye friends ;_;

Omg i wonder if the smell of the Kiba when it died back in episode 6 or so was the smell of it going through estrus, which is how Soyon knew when to kill it (lmao idk why but that smell raally intrigues me, like Soyon was like never say that to anyone and that just made me more curious???)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2022 1:04 PM

Jan 2010
Of the things I like about Kemono no Souja Erin, I enjoy seeing the characters grow and mature over the course of the series. It's amazing to see the characters change ever so slightly in terms of mannerisms and visual design, reflecting that growth. I don't like these flashbacks, but they're helpful in episodes such as these where we can compare how the characters look in the past and present. The flow of time didn't really hit me until Erin reflected on her mother's story about giving birth to her.

It's also been a little while since we've had a flashback to Soyon too, which may also demonstrate Erin's mental growth, where she's slowing becoming her own person. Erin still remembers and cherishes her mother, and while the trauma of Soyon's death lingers, it doesn't seem to invade her thoughts on a daily basis.
Oct 21, 2023 3:14 PM

Jan 2021
So we say goodbye to school and Erin's friends after 10 episodes, that was shorter than expected. Too bad the side characters had barely any presence in the story, otherwise I would have shared Erin's feelings but for me they were just there. Also the small problem of her maybe not making it for her exams but that is such a flimsy stake considering that Erin will never face any trouble academically.
On the other side, the Queen is supportive of Lilan's pregnancy with no hints of negative consequences except for the obvious possibility of Kiriku being under Damiya's order or at very least acquitanced with him.
Now we turn to the next page and officially go into Erin's adulthood and see how she will become a teacher.
Nov 15, 2023 4:58 PM

May 2019
How old is Erin in this episode?

It was 4 years in Kazalm, but it is not clear about her age at start. I bet 11 or 12, what means she's 15 or 16 now, what is okay for her current look.

Btw, i could not care so much to the departure of Erin's classmates. Besides their short screentime in these 10 episodes,they all are ugly lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 42 Discussion

DeathfireD - Nov 1, 2009

31 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 41 Discussion

wakka9ca - Oct 25, 2009

37 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 40 Discussion

wakka9ca - Oct 17, 2009

39 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 39 Discussion

Ahohime - Oct 11, 2009

40 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:24 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 38 Discussion

Beave - Oct 4, 2009

36 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.