Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2009 8:43 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a surprising episode for me. I really liked the action, and I wonder what will happen next now that Erin lost control over Lilan.

I think it was a really good episode.
Oct 11, 2009 10:36 AM
Dec 2007
Great episode. As expected, the battle between Lilan and the Toudas' army happened. And gosh, how one-sided was it, even Erin couldn't stop the slaughter... Next episode will be extremely interesting with new developments for Damiya, the Queen, Kazalm, Erin and Ial, and even the whole nation. Seems like we are reaching the final part of this wonderful series, the script has never been better.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 11, 2009 2:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Intense episode.

Not only Lilan went berserk, Erin seems quite shocked as well.

I wonder how this will develop...

Next episode: Erin and Iaru get closer (!!) and we see the aftermath of the slaughter....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 11, 2009 6:03 PM

Jun 2007
So the sweet smell and blood of a touda is what causes the beast lords to go nuts. I wonder why that one beast lord didn't go crazy in that episode where she was protecting her baby, weird.

Anyway the episodes just keep getting better and better. I wonder how the mist people will react to this news.
Oct 12, 2009 5:53 PM

Feb 2008
hmmm i guess it makes sense lilan would go crazy. it seems there is a difference when oujo are hunting or defending their own and when they are ridden into battle. even if she were to be killed now, the horses have already left the barn.
Oct 13, 2009 9:06 PM

Nov 2008
whoa...
It's really serious now :D

DeathfireD said:
I wonder why that one beast lord didn't go crazy in that episode where she was protecting her baby, weird.

I think it's because there were only a few toudas
Oct 15, 2009 12:31 AM

Apr 2008
I think its because those touda were wild. There is something about the domesticated touda that drive trigger the oujo's bloodlust.
Oct 15, 2009 3:04 PM

Mar 2007
Quanta said:
I think its because those touda were wild. There is something about the domesticated touda that drive trigger the oujo's bloodlust.

That's a thought I hadn't heard, yet. I suppose it's possible...
~Shade and sweet water~
Group Lead of Otenba -- Quality Check Lead of Static-Subs
Oct 16, 2009 12:22 PM

Jul 2009
Crazy episode! We knew the day would come when the wrong person would discover what Erin and Lilan could do...now to see how he goes about trying to use them.

Unless I missed something, I STILL don't know who Kirik is really working for or what his "plan" is. I got the impression he wanted the Queen dead, but other than that, who knows. Anyone have any ideas?
Oct 17, 2009 6:42 PM

Feb 2008
perhaps there is a blood feud between toudas and oujo. domesticated or not, it seems to be more instinctive than anything humans may have done.
Oct 19, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2008
Loved it. Now Erin has to deal with the consequences of her naive decisions. She thought she was special enough to have complete control over Lilan, and didn't think that she would be responsible for the deaths of so many lives. She has to carry that weight and not sink into despair.

I love it.

On the other hand, the Queen's nephew knew about the tale, and yet I still don't feel like she does. If I'm wrong, then that speaks even more of her ignorance, and she should have been killed.
Oct 19, 2009 12:21 PM

Mar 2007
kisami said:
perhaps there is a blood feud between toudas and oujo. domesticated or not, it seems to be more instinctive than anything humans may have done.

More to the point, it was apparent that the beast-lords have no problems keeping under control in certain situations involving Touda (see: the wild beast-lords eating wild Touda like with Erin when she saw the mother protecting her baby, or when the wild Touda was attacking the [original] Grand Duke, no trouble), but in others going berserk (hence someone pointing out the domesticity at a distinguishing factor as with the war so long ago, or this episode's amount of heroics).

We already know they don't like each other in their genes... the question is: what's triggering the insanity?
~Shade and sweet water~
Group Lead of Otenba -- Quality Check Lead of Static-Subs
Oct 19, 2009 6:47 PM

Apr 2008
noteDhero said:
Loved it. Now Erin has to deal with the consequences of her naive decisions. She thought she was special enough to have complete control over Lilan, and didn't think that she would be responsible for the deaths of so many lives. She has to carry that weight and not sink into despair.

I love it.

My thoughts exactly!

I also love that we got to see more Ial. He's my favorite character. I want more of him!
Oct 22, 2009 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
Looks like Lilan went crazy as well, wonder how Erin is going to cope with this and what is going to happen to her.
Oct 22, 2009 10:41 PM

Aug 2008
Oct 24, 2009 10:12 PM

Feb 2009
Oh hell Lilan went berserk, I wonder why
I wonder what Damiya is really after this, I mean the Touda might have kill him to. I hope the queen is not dead, but I don't think so.
Nov 14, 2009 3:35 PM

Aug 2007
It's a miracle that Erin didn't fall off from Lilan. She should have known that this could have happened, yet she went. I can't blame her, though, as the Queen is also anti-whistle... I won't be surprised if Lilan will have some character change from this.

Also, why did it look like Kiriku wanted to jump with the horse from the cliff? T_T
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 12, 2010 3:22 PM

Jul 2008
Damn. That was intense. I wonder how Erin is going to face the consequences of what's been done.

And what the hell was Kiriku trying to do?!
Jun 8, 2012 12:58 PM

May 2010
Damn...Lilan was pretty calm in the next episode though.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 10, 2013 10:47 PM
Jan 2013
Erin = Antigone
Must do what's right in spite of man-made laws.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Aug 8, 2013 8:22 PM

Nov 2011
Erin won't ever forget what she just witnessed. Hell, I might never forget but this episode was intense. Lilan sure did go berserk there in a way that I didn't think was possible.
Oct 18, 2013 8:56 PM
Aug 2011
Yes that was quite intense and now everyone knows Erin can fly.
I have to say I really like the visuals of when Lilan was ripping the Touda apart.

Curious about what's going to happen in the next episode.
(I don't watch the previews here because this show likes to spoil and ruin all the good moments.)
Dec 20, 2013 2:14 PM

Nov 2013
I too wonder what the hell Kiriku was hoping to do with that horse.
Feb 19, 2014 12:32 AM

Apr 2012
I like how they change the animation when touda gets ripped apart. This was the shitstorm episode I was waiting for. If I got it correctly...... Daimya and Kirik are part of the 3rd faction and they are doing everything to pin the blame on Grand Duke ? They also want to get rid of the queen so they can seize power for themselves. They stole eggs because they wanted to make a Touda army of their own, and the one's that raided the ship are probably from those eggs. HMM

Looks like this episode will ride into the climax of the series soon. Can't wait!
zzzeallyFeb 19, 2014 12:42 AM

Mar 24, 2014 2:22 PM

May 2012
Oh wow Lilan actually went berserk :| while the queen was attacked, is it just because that blonde haired dude wants to be the follow up on the throne or what's up with him and that teacher? Either way it was a quite action filled episode! Let's see what's next.
Jun 23, 2014 9:33 PM

Aug 2013
Lilan went berserk and now she can't be controlled. How's Erin's going to get out of this now?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 17, 2014 12:18 AM

Nov 2009
So, are Beast Lords just super racist against Touda? I mean holy heck, that was slaughter . . . I really wonder if there is a reason that the Beast Lords just go "kill! kill! kill!" Whenever Touda are involved.
Jan 14, 2015 3:16 PM

Sep 2013
This was good but predictable. I knew smth like this is gonna happen.
Feb 11, 2015 7:22 AM
Aug 2014
That was intense; must've been quite the wake-up call for Erin.
Feb 11, 2015 7:25 AM

Oct 2008
Lorezhno said:
That was intense; must've been quite the wake-up call for Erin.

dont want to spoil anything ,but lol on that asumption
Jul 5, 2015 11:42 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah Erin, you lost control. Now we get the real fallout.

Also is it just me or is Shunan's VA the same was Levi from AoT/Law from One Piece?
Nov 18, 2016 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
Really good episode. Absolutely love how Lilan just pawns everything one-sidedly. I'm betting these final episodes are gonna be a wild ride.
Aug 23, 2018 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
This was sooo good!

I didn't like how Kiriku was staring at Lilan and her family, I don't know what he was plotting, but it can't be good. Also, I don't think that Erin did the wrong choice. Not only the Queen, but also Ial, and others were going to be eaten alive by those Touda in a cowardly ambush, and she had the power to help them, of course she would! It was annoying to see Kiriku being sensible, telling her that there would be those that would want to use her and Lilan if they knew she was able to fly with her, but just a few scenes later it was made clear that he was just trying to prevent her from spoiling their plans, and not worried with her or something, not that this was hard to guess.

But now Erin's hands are stained with blood, and not only with the blood from the Touda because Lilan ended up killing a few people too, it was a gruesome scene, and this is awful of me to say this considering the impact it had on Erin, and being able to imagine what is going to happen now, but it was also epic. Seeing the awe in the eyes of those that witnessed that brutal affair. And now Damiya is completely bewitched by her figure, and I guess he won't leave her in peace. There's also Nason who said that he would kill her if necessary, and I guess that the mist folk won't stand still after this. The other problem is that the Queen hit her head, and Damiya's plan might still turn out successful on top of learning that Erin can fly on a Beast-Lord.
May 29, 2019 12:45 AM

Oct 2012
I mean they're beast you can't just tell them not to do what's in their nature :P
Ofc it's different for each beast, if Ouju are like dogs they can be taught not to

Erin knew about the warnings and she did it to save the Queen
I don't think she did a wrong thing
The past flashback Ouju is killing everything, but this time Lilan only killed Touda
Nothing else so far, I think

Now the Duke's plan has failed, but he got something more, now he's going to use all of his power to get this Ouju and Erin in his hand
Rayl1ghtMay 29, 2019 12:49 AM
"Signature removed"
Jul 20, 2019 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
Was the rating for this anime changed at some point cuz that's a lot of blood and gore for a kid's series

Hopefully this episode will spur development for Erin.
Nov 9, 2019 4:32 AM

Oct 2015
Lilan going berserk must've been someone's manipulation, but I doubt it was Damiyo though.

But nonetheless, Erin is in shit!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 17, 2020 11:44 AM

Jul 2016
alright, so what i hoped for in the last ep got granted but not in the way i wished...
Apr 18, 2020 9:09 PM

Feb 2014
I guess this was a pretty unforgettable field study for the students...

I hope nothing bad happens to Lilan or Erin D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2020 4:28 PM

Mar 2016
Erin experienced for herself part of the story that Soran told her. There's no turning point, I wonder how did this impacted her and what she's gonna do next, I haven't seen the preview for next episode but I imagine she has a lot of questions to answer in the capital.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 14, 2022 2:20 PM

Jan 2010
Immediately after Kazalm's teaching staff discuss hiding Erin and her ability to communicate with beast-lords from the Queen, Erin immediately communicates with beast-lords in front of the Queen. Immediately after it's discussed to hide Erin's ability to ride beast-lords from the Queen, she rides a beast-lord in front of the Queen. I get narratives are a thing, and stuff in stories happen in order to push other things along, but this just seems too blatant.
Oct 21, 2023 3:24 PM

Jan 2021
…rough episode for our girl. Watching Lilan go out of control was brutal. That match cut to her mother being surrounded by Touda as the boat was being surrounded was a nice touch, and really ramped up the tension and horror of the event. On top of that we get the art shift tied to the Beast-Lords for the first time (I think? Probably wrong). The animation and style was excellent, and ramped up the primal, and almost mythological, feeling of the frenzy. The consequences of this will absolutely be felt, and I hope that Erin doesn’t have the same change of heart that she had with the Touda way back when.
I wonder if we'll ever get a reason from them going berserk with blood lust. The narration seems to suggest that it is just for Touda and no other animals, and that it’s just instinct. But it feels strange for this kind of thing to factor into natural selection.
Also, I love the competing viewpoints of the horror of the slaughter paired up with Damiya’s lust/love for the moment. It does a nice job of putting him ever more contrary to the audience perspective. But I must say, this line is hilarious: “That damn Grand Duke! Is he planning on assassinating the Queen using Touda?!” Lmao, Damiya, you couldn’t be more obvious.
Finally, Ngan is fucking HUGE!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 36 Discussion

wakka9ca - Sep 20, 2009

26 by Rob7 »»
Nov 15, 2023 4:58 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 42 Discussion

DeathfireD - Nov 1, 2009

31 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 41 Discussion

wakka9ca - Oct 25, 2009

37 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 40 Discussion

wakka9ca - Oct 17, 2009

39 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 38 Discussion

Beave - Oct 4, 2009

36 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.