Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2014 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
Post-Josh said:
This show continues to be both entertaining and cheesy as hell.

xchee said:
Shibazaki owned Sphinx thoroughly. Now I expect the latter to counterattack.
Not really. It seemed like they wanted the police to solve the riddle.

They did but even they were surprised Shibazaki did it. Provoked them in the process too.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 24, 2014 9:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pretty solid episode

Loved the character development for the L of the series...Things are starting to shape up nicely now that Sphinx are impressed

5/5
Jul 24, 2014 9:09 PM

Mar 2012
BRK25 said:
Yo, your avi is Lisa? If so, good stuff. Looks great!
It's actually not, haha. But now that you mention it, it looks a lot like her.

This is where I got it from.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 24, 2014 9:12 PM
Oct 2012
Very close. I like Lisa, she's not some over exploited teenager with sex appeal overshadowing her. Reminds me of Sailor moon characters where they were able to be who they are without having to show some leg or such. You know, classy. Every character so far has been classy.
Jul 24, 2014 9:26 PM

May 2014
Still giving us bits and piecess with each episode. The slow pace is good enough for now, and Lisa is developing nicely with these short glimpses in to her life. It leaves me wanting to know more. Same with Nine.

I hope it picks up soon though, as I'm hoping for more thrill from the next episode. This episode wasn't as good as the first 2, but it did enough to leave me interested in the next one.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Jul 24, 2014 9:30 PM

Nov 2009
Really liked this episode. Favourite parts were definitely the small parts we saw of Lisa and also the flashback into the past at that institute.
I am dying to see more of Lisa I really empathize with her character a lot. Only saw a bit of her in this episode but every time I felt like I could totally connect to how she was feeling.
Jul 24, 2014 9:41 PM

May 2014
[quote=T3hSource]
Keten said:

The only character drama atm is Lisa, whom I question her relevance to the plot atm.

Good point. Liking the focus on her, but her only tether to the main plot are her reoccurring flashbacks of the second episode, which sorta distanced her even more cuz Twelve dishoned her.

All we can do is hope that this follows up smoothly.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Jul 24, 2014 9:42 PM
Jul 2014
I love how they show bits and parts of the characters. Its easy to understand the situation from them, yet I still crave for more. The ost comes along nicely on those parts too.

I suspect Lisa will get a role soon. Good episode. Got lost in the middle of the riddle. The way Shibazaki solved it was like one of those instantaneous moments in Detective Conan lol
Jul 24, 2014 9:50 PM
Oct 2012
HuaXue said:
I love how they show bits and parts of the characters. Its easy to understand the situation from them, yet I still crave for more. The ost comes along nicely on those parts too.

I suspect Lisa will get a role soon. Good episode. Got lost in the middle of the riddle. The way Shibazaki solved it was like one of those instantaneous moments in Detective Conan lol

Shinichiro Watanabe is famous for giving hints and pieces of how people act. Cowboy Bebop had some flat characters till personal episodes and seeing how they act show how they really act and really are where they become whole.

Revealing everything at the beginning leaves boredom and much to be desired. Samurai Champloo followed the same pattern and got some good back story and more quirks of the character.s

Last half will be a spiral of destruction and leave me mind blown.
Jul 24, 2014 9:50 PM

Mar 2013
insan3Spectre said:
Good episode, nice background on Shibazaki and a glimpse at Nine's past as well. I too wonder what role Lisa will play in this, her being Shibazaki's daughter could indeed be possible.

This actually makes some what sense. The Police Director said Shibazaki was forced to go to the first division 15 years ago and the problems with his family happened then. Lisa should be about 15 or 16 in this anime? So this can be possible.
Jul 24, 2014 9:53 PM
Oct 2012
Kvshi said:
insan3Spectre said:
Good episode, nice background on Shibazaki and a glimpse at Nine's past as well. I too wonder what role Lisa will play in this, her being Shibazaki's daughter could indeed be possible.

This actually makes some what sense. The Police Director said Shibazaki was forced to go to the first division 15 years ago and the problems with his family happened then. Lisa should be about 15 or 16 in this anime? So this can be possible.

That'd mean psycho mom been crazy and all over Lisa since birth. Such trauma be usual if it had been a few years ago or months even. From birth or a year later shows immense trust issue and the inability to work on a human efficient life. Glad Lisa ran, things weren't safe.
Jul 24, 2014 10:04 PM

Dec 2010
Great development episode for all our characters...Shibazaki gives off the classic badass detective vibe, except with perhaps more reasons behind his actions. Our two "heroes" get that nice flashback, and Lisa is seeming to be overtaken by her issues...great episode. And as usual, Kanno kills it. (Song playing when they found the bomb FTW.)
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Jul 24, 2014 10:15 PM
Oct 2012
I feel the only real reason this is pacing is not because of who's directing it but the director himself.

Original concept meant to be done for years and knowing the work he's done, he's thinking on how to continue and imagine every scene is played out.

Like an open book and mapping out for years with trusted friends and workers. If it isn't for the pacing and way they collaborate, have a huge problem on me watching it.
Jul 24, 2014 10:16 PM

Jun 2009
BRK25 said:

That'd mean psycho mom been crazy and all over Lisa since birth. Such trauma be usual if it had been a few years ago or months even. From birth or a year later shows immense trust issue and the inability to work on a human efficient life. Glad Lisa ran, things weren't safe.

Well, if she runs to Nine and Twelve things won't be much safer. Should make for good TV, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 24, 2014 10:20 PM
Oct 2012
insan3Spectre said:
BRK25 said:

Well, if she runs to Nine and Twelve things won't be much safer. Should make for good TV, though.

If anything, it comes off as a life savor and trying to find a new purpose other than getting bullied to humiliation and having no hope only to return to a mother who doesn't hand love and is obviously disconnected from reality. With such problematic home life, she's almost in the same boat as Nine and Twelve where they stem from no love at all. Maybe even sShibasaki feels the same from the traumatic event of Hiroshima.
Jul 24, 2014 10:27 PM

Oct 2013
Main characters are pretty bland.

But that OST is glorious
Jul 24, 2014 11:05 PM
Mar 2013
Decent ep. No actual progress on anything. Enjoyed the deciphering of the riddle a lot though.
Jul 24, 2014 11:17 PM

Nov 2009
Finally Shibazaki is the star of the episode. I hope it'll be this way until the end of the series. Still, riddles are pretty lame and there are few illogical things like how teenage boy worked at nuclear fuel reprocessing facility (I'm sorry, fabricated identity is not nearly enough of explanation). Also, get rid of Lisa please.

Jul 24, 2014 11:29 PM
Jan 2014
Kvshi said:
insan3Spectre said:

While the aforementioned statement could be true, I think there is another possibility.
When you look closely at Nine's flashbacks, you can see a girl climbing up a fence that bears a very strong resemblance to Lisa. Again, I'm just dishing out another possibility. She could have been adopted after escaping that facility.
Jul 25, 2014 12:03 AM

Oct 2012
None of the characters in this show are really doing it for me. Most of them are built brick by brick from a set archetype and don't go any further than that. The story they're hinting isn't any better either. Not bad. Just strangely average.

Lisa's mom needs more screen time though. Her scenes have no discernible uniqueness to them, that one could change what she's saying to "I told you not to eat the last oreo, skank" and it'd still feel the same. Let the parodies rejoice.
Jul 25, 2014 12:12 AM

Dec 2013
They finally cracked their first riddle yay Team Police >_> I really felt the stress Lisa is going through, she might snap at any minute
Jul 25, 2014 12:25 AM
Oct 2010
Oh wow this episode went absolutely no where. I guess there was some character development for the detective dude, but ugh... and lisa seems like the most unnecessary character right now. If they want to fit her in they better do it quickly. 3/11 episodes and she serves no purpose yet? wtf?
GD1551Jul 25, 2014 12:32 PM
Jul 25, 2014 2:28 AM
May 2014
Twelve and Nine's backstory kind of reminds me of Tower of God, where children are taken and experimented on in order to create a powerful weapon. I wonder if it will be similar?

On another note, Lisa has yet to do something interesting. I had high hopes for her, maybe she will do something awesome soon.
Jul 25, 2014 2:31 AM

Jul 2013
UnbornMVs said:
Darn, am I the only one who wanted it to explode ? :<

I really wanted it to explode >w<

It's starting to remind me of Death Note in a few ways! I'm really excited for the rest of the show! :D

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
julyanJul 25, 2014 8:20 PM
Jul 25, 2014 2:48 AM

Apr 2011
Liking this series so far <3
Jul 25, 2014 3:47 AM
Jan 2014
hasumete said:
Twelve and Nine's backstory kind of reminds me of Tower of God, where children are taken and experimented on in order to create a powerful weapon. I wonder if it will be similar?

On another note, Lisa has yet to do something interesting. I had high hopes for her, maybe she will do something awesome soon.

I'd disagree and say that her finally deciding to leave her crazy obsessive mother is quite an interesting thing. She certainly seems to be planning on going out on her own by the look of that bag she was packing and since she thought back to her last conversation with 12 prior to leaving the apartment I feel like she might try to stay closer to him and Nine now.

It might not be anything immediately incredible as far as her role in the overall plot of the show, but it's definitely got me intrigued to see her taking advantage of her own life now. She's pretty much the wildcard character in this story and the fact that we don't know which path she'll take as the unwilling accomplice.
Jul 25, 2014 4:52 AM

Dec 2013
Shibazaki is the boss. Yoko Kanno's music top-notch as always.
Jul 25, 2014 5:58 AM

Nov 2013
It was okay. I hope they don't keep doing these riddles.
Jul 25, 2014 6:04 AM

May 2013
I like the title of this - Search & Destroy. Lisa's mom is a little .... odd.
So they had a terrible childhood experience. No wonder they're doing things.
Shibasaki is kinda awesome.
Jul 25, 2014 6:11 AM

Jan 2010
A good episode, the story of the anime is perfect so far, as well as the direction, animation and soundtrack, I have nothing to complain about, despite the slightly slower pace, do not lose all proposed by the script climate, a work of research pure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jul 25, 2014 6:18 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode~!!
I feel bad for poor Lisa.. I wonder what her role here is- was she a part of that experiment/thing with the other kids ?? or is she related to Shibazaki ??
I'm glad she left her house tho
Jul 25, 2014 6:49 AM

Jul 2012
From reading the plot it reminds me of the manga Akumetsu where they use terrorism to set Japan on a path of change.
Jul 25, 2014 7:00 AM
Oct 2012
SkyJW said:
hasumete said:

I'd disagree and say that her finally deciding to leave her crazy obsessive mother is quite an interesting thing. She certainly seems to be planning on going out on her own by the look of that bag she was packing and since she thought back to her last conversation with 12 prior to leaving the apartment I feel like she might try to stay closer to him and Nine now.

It might not be anything immediately incredible as far as her role in the overall plot of the show, but it's definitely got me intrigued to see her taking advantage of her own life now. She's pretty much the wildcard character in this story and the fact that we don't know which path she'll take as the unwilling accomplice.

Yep, the show is showing us strong reasons why she is going to work with Nine and Twelve. If not, what would be the point? If she randomly joined after one event, we'd call bullshit. Just hold the fuck up and let the story build. If she doesn't do anything next episode, we have a problem. But three episodes in is my limit. I'm sure she'll be relevant afterwards.
Jul 25, 2014 7:03 AM

Oct 2013
One thing that made little sense to me... Shibazaki's "I'll never forgive you" exclamation. This is a line I hear all the time in anime, especially from some young girl upset at some boy and wanting to make sure she guilts him into doing what she wants or else she'll "never forgive him." I always just took it as a goofy line by an immature brat, but Shibazaki is an old detective throwing it about. "I'll never forgive you;" like, who the hell cares if he forgives them for anything they do? Certainly not Sphinx.

Must be some Japanese cultural thing or somethin g.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 25, 2014 7:40 AM
Oct 2012
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
One thing that made little sense to me... Shibazaki's "I'll never forgive you" exclamation. This is a line I hear all the time in anime, especially from some young girl upset at some boy and wanting to make sure she guilts him into doing what she wants or else she'll "never forgive him." I always just took it as a goofy line by an immature brat, but Shibazaki is an old detective throwing it about. "I'll never forgive you;" like, who the hell cares if he forgives them for anything they do? Certainly not Sphinx.

Must be some Japanese cultural thing or somethin g.

You are forgetting the line before it. He says the joker they are wavering around is not a toy. What's he referring to is Plutonium and is a very radioactive material.

Since he's a second generation Hiroshima child, he knows the dire effects and the trauma it induces to humans. He will never forgive them if they wish to recreate a similar effect. This is very appropriate and became more personal.

That's why the police cut the footage, they were worried he'd spill Sphinx owned plutonium to the public on a LIVE STREAMING WEBSITE WHERE THE NEWS ARE COVERING IT TOO AND IN PLAIN SIGHT ON A JUMBOTRON.
Jul 25, 2014 7:42 AM

May 2013
Man, Shibazaki, I like your detective attitude. Please keep that up.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 25, 2014 8:50 AM
Apr 2014
Shibazaki let his trauma over the atomic bomb take over there for a moment, and the kids know that he knows they have the plutonium. He was testing them, while they were/are testing the police.
That riddle couldn't be solved if you don't have both a solid background in japanese and greek mythology and knowledge of the japanese language though.

Still waiting for Lisa to play a role in this story though, except for being bullied by everyone. It's gonna be important, but I'm bad at waiting. I wonder why our two terrorists seem so sure they'll have to get rid of her.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Jul 25, 2014 9:28 AM

Jun 2014
Lovely, from the first 3 episodes I think this is better than death note if they keep it up. Lisa is probably Shibazaki's daughter. One of the police commented that "he had a family". Will this end up in her choosing which side? I think the final will be about them threatening with a atomic bomb or something similar.
Jul 25, 2014 9:47 AM

Feb 2013
I think Lisa's mom has an emotional disorder or somewhat like that.

Btw, why there's no preview?
Jul 25, 2014 10:22 AM
Jul 2014
Zankyou no Terror, delivering consistent solid episodes! That Death Note vibe is nostalgic in a way...
Jul 25, 2014 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
I'm liking the direction this is going in with the detective on Sphinx's tail.

Also, did Lisa just run away?
Jul 25, 2014 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
This show continues to astound me with each passing episode, this is truly shaping up to be a classic in the making, its atmosphere, flawless directing, unbelievable attention to detail in its writing and research, and downright engrossing storyline that has yet to have me drift in thought even remotely.

god please let me see the next episode already.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 25, 2014 11:02 AM

Mar 2014
This whole game of cat & mouse between the criminals and the police is giving me a major Death Note vibe.

The flashback gave us a bit more insight on the past of Nine and Twelve.
I liked the backstory we get on Shibazaki, as well... he's becoming more and more of an interesting character.

Not sure what's going to happen to Lisa, but what the hell is up with her mom? Of course Lisa's going to run away if she keeps treating her like that, shaking her and yelling at her for no reason, SHEESH!

Anyway, this was a bit of a slow episode, but still really good.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 25, 2014 11:51 AM

Jul 2011
I wonder whats the intention of the orphanage facility, they're really harsh on those kids... :(

Still curious about what will Lisa do in the future, but so far the director and the writer done a good job on capturing the gloomy aura surrounding her everytime her scene occurs.

BTW, SO FAR THIS IS THE BEST ANIME OF 2014!!!!!!!!!!!! xD
Jul 25, 2014 2:33 PM

Apr 2013
Although the riddle itself wasn't that interesting, the episode was still engrossing.
Can't wait to see Sphinx's next move now that they made sure the police knows they possess the plutonium bomb.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 25, 2014 2:37 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Lisa, she live such a shitty life... Between her crazy mom, the two terrorist she knows nothing about and that forced her into their games, the perpetual bullying...

Damn, that riddle was complicated... That Shibasaki sure is clever. Well, there had to be the rival detective in the story at some point.

Wonder what happened in that kindergarden. Remind me of Monster.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 25, 2014 3:13 PM

Jul 2010
I'm really getting DN vibes from this. I mean, Shibasaki's role kind of reminds me of L, and the two MCs that were grown up in a "special orphanage" reminded me L and Near.

Anyway, nice and interesting Riddle once again.
Also, what was wrong with the mother, she went full yandere.

Samauri55ZeRo said:
I'm calling it now the inspector is lisa father...

Also first look at young number Five...

Yeah, I was thinking the same.
Jul 25, 2014 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
"I already said, fat people don't like carbohydrates." Well, I have to agree with that fat guy cuz fat people don't really like that stuff, they LOVE IT :x
Search & Destroy - Good title.

THIS IS GETTING BETTER EACH EPISODE, AWESOME!
Jul 25, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 2013
priemo said:
Zankyou no Terror, delivering consistent solid episodes! That Death Note vibe is nostalgic in a way...

I know, I really like the Death Note feel.
Jul 25, 2014 5:25 PM

May 2011
Really enjoying this back and forth thing between Shibasaki and Nine/Twelve. And I am very curious to see what Lisa is going to do now and how she'll start getting more involved in all this.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

871 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

417 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.