Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2014 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was cute!

Madhouse's animation production was nice and I thought the OP song was decent. Actually speaking of music, I even thought the song the band was playing was good too. The scenes during the moon and sakura trees were done really well.

These eyes though:

And also, I liked the friendship connection so far.
Jul 7, 2014 10:31 AM

Mar 2012
I enjoyed the episode. Cool layouts and color palate. Fun and cute stuff...

but... IS IT YURI?
Jul 7, 2014 10:43 AM

Oct 2012
RMNDolphy said:

but... IS IT YURI?

No, there is some shoujo ai undertones but nothing special
VvashoJul 7, 2014 10:49 AM
Jul 7, 2014 10:55 AM

Nov 2009
RMNDolphy said:

but... IS IT YURI?

Only close friendship. No Kiss.

The yuri is subtext.
Jul 7, 2014 10:55 AM

Nov 2008
This episode was nothing short of beautiful, from OP to the ED theme, I applaud the risk taken for the voice actress choice for Hana, Minami Tanaka is perfect for the role as Hana. Also, the dancing was elegant and lovely, Hana knows her stuff, and is absolutely pretty complemented by the nice backgrounds and ideal locations. I also like Tami as well, but not as much as Hana. Now Naru is a bit too timid for my tastes but my god, her and Hana seem so perfect for each other.

5/5

Jul 7, 2014 11:31 AM

Mar 2012
Hoppy said:
This episode was nothing short of beautiful, from OP to the ED theme, I applaud the risk taken for the voice actress choice for Hana, Minami Tanaka is perfect for the role as Hana. Also, the dancing was elegant and lovely, Hana knows her stuff, and is absolutely pretty complemented by the nice backgrounds and ideal locations. I also like Tami as well, but not as much as Hana. Now Naru is a bit too timid for my tastes but my god, her and Hana seem so perfect for each other.

5/5

I agree

KAWAII

I was really looking forward to this and it hasn't disappointed me.

The scenery was beautiful and the animation was really nice, my only complaint is some of the 3D scenes and the 3D cars. I've always thought the Yasakoi dance is a beautiful dance and I'm glad they've made an anime about it.

I really like the characters so far. Hana could be a little annoying but they work well together and would make a good yuri couple. I think Naru is a really relateable character; or at least I could relate to her.

The OST is great as well the opening song. The ending song was pretty good too. I really liked the song the band were playing too, hope more is featured.

This seems like it will be a fun anime.

Favourite of the season so far (Including Barakamon).
YukonJul 7, 2014 11:34 AM
Jul 7, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
That was honestly so adorable... my heart was going *doki doki* the whole time.
This show was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
And the animation is really pleasant.

Kyaa, I just love cute girls doing cute things. xD

Do two canines really make such a beautiful smile...?
Hehe.

Also, on a deeper level, I find it difficult to deal with change, as with the MC. I have my own routine, and I don't like to do things outside of my little box. However, I do secretly wish that I could find the courage to change some things. It's a great concept, and I'm honestly surprised that this anime could actually stir some meaningful feelings.
Can't wait for next week!

That makes two adorable girls named Naru this season.
fishergirl16Jul 7, 2014 11:36 AM
Jul 7, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2010
Anime like these gives me the smiles! ^_^
This is going to be a cute show. Hana was really bright with how she didn't falter at all!
The warmth and the struggles in this. Naru struggling for change, it was a bit sad seeing how Yaya was kind of drifting away.
Really glad that Naru is going to help Hana with her club! They were both really happy!

On a side note, I kind of liked the band part.
Jul 7, 2014 11:39 AM

Jun 2013
"I'm just an average 14 year old girl..." BUT CUTE AS FUCK.

Typical club activities and school life anime. But what seems to set it apart is, as everyone mentioned, the beautiful sceneries and the cute character designs with great animation. Looking forward to how they "dance."
Jul 7, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
This might be one of my favorite series from this season. The art/animation and OST are beautiful, the characters are adorable, and there are a lot of cute and funny scenes. I really enjoyed Hana and Naru's first dance together, and the ending scene was nice. The OP and ED are amazing!
Jul 7, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2013
It was cute.
I really wasn't execting anything at all, it just sounded a little interesting to Watch.
But it was pretty good.
Jul 7, 2014 12:16 PM

Jun 2013
Super cute episode, this looks like its going to be really peaceful and beautiful.
Hana and Naru are super cute.
Jul 7, 2014 12:28 PM

May 2010
pretty boring and just not for me. wont pick up.
also my ears hurt already with the squeaky and girly voices ^^
Jul 7, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2010
Loved Yaya's rock :O...I wonder how Naru will make her join the Yosakoi club though? I can't see it happening? Nxt ep seems she gets jelly? could that be it? XD

Hana's smile is really adorable :3

Well overall, not that bad but I'm still not sure I'll follow. I'll give it another 2-3 eps to see how things go.
Jul 7, 2014 12:57 PM
Jul 2013
Really nice visuals and colors, my only problem are the eye shapes, looks... weird.

Very entertaining, lookin good so far :)
Jul 7, 2014 1:04 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
RMNDolphy said:

but... IS IT YURI?

It will be for me :)!! Yuri goggles activated!!

Awesome start. If they can keep it up with these yuri undertones and subtext, it'll be glorious like this first episode was. Also, that animation was beautiful. Bravo Madhouse.
Jul 7, 2014 1:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:

Madhouse's animation production was nice and I thought the OP song was decent.

Oh haha I knew it! I didn't check out anything about this beforehand, so I didn't know it was Madhouse, but the shininess automatically made recognize that it's Madhouse's work.

Kerozinn said:

also my ears hurt already with the squeaky and girly voices ^^

Yeeah, always the main reason why I stopped picking these types of shows up, because I can't deal with too many squeaky/high-pitched voices. I'll still give this one a shot though because I'm interested in this yosakoi dance.
Jul 7, 2014 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
This looked nice and the blond was funny.
Wonder how things will turn out from here, this looks like it has potential.
And i hope it will turn out nice.
Jul 7, 2014 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
It was a pretty cute episode.

I loved Yaya's band.

Lol at how Hana keeps clinging to Naru.
Jul 7, 2014 1:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Lol at how Hana keeps clinging to Naru.
Looks like at least part of next episode will be about how Yaya reacts.

The description here and elsewhere doesn't mention anything about fantasy/supernatural, but Hana sure can do some things 'ordinary' people can't.
Jul 7, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2013
Super cute anime with amazing colorful art and animation. I think first episode was great and opening was good.
Jul 7, 2014 2:09 PM
Jun 2012
Another unexpectedly good anime this season. I hope the series will keep up this quality.
Jul 7, 2014 2:10 PM
Jan 2014
Really enjoyable anime. I'm glad I gave this a chance.
The character designs look neat. The art is very good as well, a lot of attention to detail. As expected from Madhouse.
The characters look interesting.
I felt really sad when people ignored Hana, when she was recruiting for yosakoi.
The final scene was very nice, both Hana and Naru were happy.
I hope it turns out well.
ResidentJul 12, 2014 9:24 AM
Jul 7, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2014
I wasn't sure how this anime would play out, so I took a chance and checked out the first episode.

OMG this was so cute and funny! I love Hana! She is so energetic and fun, a girl from America who doesn't care what people think of her! Naru is cute too, she is so shy and bashful, but doesn't realize that if she opens herself up to the world that she can have her dream one day. I also like Yaya, I think that the chemistry between these 3 girls is going to end up an amazing friendship.

The music from the opening/ending and even the song that Yaya's band played were just so amazing!

Definitely one to watch this season!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jul 7, 2014 2:23 PM

May 2014
Am I the only one who finds the face design to be atrocious? I mean those eyelids, wth.

And their eyelashes are thicker than their brows, if they even have eyebrows. Madhouse you can do so much more, you're discrediting yourselves!

Well damn, the presentation is so good I'm actually buying into the comedy and atmosphere. And it's also reinforced by identifying with Naru, I am an empty person who just absorbs things, I am fascinated by them, but I can only be inspired and active by passionate people.

I even got used to the moe design, why is this so good?! It's a goddamn loli school comedy, but it's done so well I can't fault it.

4/5- Damn.
Jul 7, 2014 2:24 PM

Jul 2013
Yaya's band was good.
LOL Hana's clinginess XD She's a bloody ninja.
Hana the alien! lol
Appearing outside the window and under the desk Naru was at.
And she didn't even know her name after all that..
Glad Naru finally made a choice and has decided to help Hana out
SandyBoiJul 7, 2014 2:29 PM
Jul 7, 2014 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
So enjoyable. Madhouse and their colorful shows! The eyes look weird though.
Jul 7, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2013
I couldn't care less about the subject matter, but this show sure is beautiful to look at. Atsuko Ishizuka could direct a show about drying paint and it would still be the best looking show of its season. Also, Minami and Kaya from Wake up, Girls! have lead roles in this, so that's nice.
Jul 7, 2014 3:25 PM

Jan 2009
1. Listening to naru's thoughts & her admiration of yaya w/ the beautiful ost… I just melt inside. This stuff is really deep.

2. The ost really made me feel like I was being taken to another world. i'm glad i'm learning japanese

10/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jul 7, 2014 3:34 PM
Feb 2014
Hm... I kinda liked t overall

Only thigs I didnt quite like: like someone said earlier, too many high squeaky voices xp... character designs are also a teeny bit weird (the eyes). Hana is a bit weird n I find her actions a bit unbelievable and illogical...

Things I liked: really liked the OP. It was cute and music was nice. Music in general was decent. Animation was really good for some scenes, though it takes some getting used to. Yaya. The Yosakoi Dance Theme. Naru. The mini comments in the background (kinda like BwMK)

Not much i can say abt the anime yet... I didnt really love this first episode, but it was nice, and I think things will pick up later?. I'll b waiting for later episodes to impress me
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 7, 2014 3:34 PM
Apr 2013
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Magical Warfare, Mahouka, No Game No Life, and now this genric moe slice of life bullshit.
Wow Madhouse has had a bad run of shit anime lately.
It saddens me seeing such a respectable studio stoop so low.
Jul 7, 2014 4:31 PM

Jan 2012
I thought the first episode was pretty adorable and looked wonderful. Eager for more.
Jul 7, 2014 4:41 PM
Nov 2013
Wow, this was also beautiful! Is it me or does Madhouse really like to use the color pink A LOT now?
This is my first time ever hearing about Yosakoi dancing, so I'm really hoping there's a lot of that.
Very good first episode, I'll be watching this for sure.
Jul 7, 2014 4:47 PM

Apr 2012
Well that was cute.

Hana's got mad balancing skills.
Would you like to make a contract-er, I mean dance the Yasakoi dance?
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 7, 2014 4:49 PM

Nov 2012
the art was mediocre at best, but the rest was pretty good, I do like it a lot
Also love the OP
Jul 7, 2014 5:08 PM

May 2012
Pretty good.

Must say this wasn't half bad. Hana i so cute. Why every time she dances cherry blooms go flying around? Did they do that just to make her look more amazing? Naru is so shy. Must say the animation is beautiful. I think I will keep watching.

4/5.
Jul 7, 2014 5:33 PM

Apr 2014
I really only liked the music, animation and execution of some scenes.

The plot isn't very interesting to me, and I'm not really comfortable with the yuri-ish undertones.
Plus the characters' voices were annoying.

Other than that, it was decent. I'll keep watching and see what happens.
Jul 7, 2014 5:43 PM

Jan 2014
RMNDolphy said:

but... IS IT YURI?
yep she definitely wants the .... wait what!

VanishingKira said:
The art and the character's eyes/eyelashes look weird/hideous.

Animation looks terrible for being animated by Madhouse.Aside from the dancing scenes that is.Even that blonde loli has weird eyes :I

The girls aren't cute,except for the blonde loli.
Just an average show about a bunch of average 14 year old girls.
this,just this
Jul 7, 2014 5:55 PM

Aug 2011
Love.

An extremely aesthetically pleasing anime with a catchy OP and fun cast. I felt good after watching this. Real good.
Jul 7, 2014 6:08 PM

Nov 2011
AdamantArcanine said:
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Magical Warfare, Mahouka, No Game No Life, and now this genric moe slice of life bullshit.
Wow Madhouse has had a bad run of shit anime lately.
It saddens me seeing such a respectable studio stoop so low.

Nobody is forcing you to watch it, you're only wasting your own time by picking up something that clearly does not fit your taste.
rederoinJul 7, 2014 6:14 PM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 7, 2014 6:28 PM
Apr 2013
This was a wonderful first episode that made me really happy to watch. I quite liked the yuri undertones, too - easily could be the gem of the season if the atmosphere, art, and characters keep up their quality.

I have seen scarcely cuter girls than Hana.
Jul 7, 2014 6:36 PM
May 2013
it makes me a little sad seeing most of you saying that they don't care about anything but the artstyle, and the context is nothing, because...

Well, this show really drew me in personally. I find both the main and her new friend unbelievably relatable.

I was like the blonde in high school, with my wierd dances that got me labeled as very wierd, which ended up making me quite a few friends in the end.

And yet I'm like Naru now. I still feel like I don't have much to offer, and feel pretty empty a lot of the time when I'm not with my girlfriend, and so I just want to escape into something that's not real, and I really wish that someone could help bring me more out of my shell.

I've tried to get into a lot of slice of life, and I generally end up feeling nothing from it. This one really has gotten to me.
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Jul 7, 2014 6:50 PM

Jan 2014
Let me start off by saying, SO COLORFUL! It was really cute animation and the blonde girl was simply hilarious. I really like this so far, looking forward to all the moe! :)
Jul 7, 2014 7:06 PM

Feb 2014
It's such a cute and lighthearted story, and the OP and ED are fantastic.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jul 7, 2014 7:18 PM

Aug 2013
I saw this on Dynasty Scans a couple of months ago and saw that, though there's a "Lots of Blushing" tag, it didn't have any Yuri tag which meant only one thing...

SET YURI GOGGLES ON MAX!

And next episode's title is Jealousy Rose. Good stuff good stuff *nod nod*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 7, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2011
Yes! I guessed right. It turned out to be something decent after all.

Animation, especially scenery was gorgeous. And I LOVE the OP/ED. The traditional music flair was a great addition.

Crapload of blushing, but we even got some music (the band) and a teaser of the dancing. Glad I was drawn in by "yosakoi dance". :D
Jul 7, 2014 8:20 PM

Jan 2011
liked it Man madhouse has gone full Vivid with NGNL now this

guessing this is the cute girls doing cute things of the season fine by me i guess also Yaya's band was a little to good for a K-on club lol
Jul 7, 2014 8:30 PM
Aug 2011
Those two pointy fangs.

Looking forward to the dancing.
Jul 7, 2014 8:43 PM

Sep 2013
damn hana she got incredible parkour skill
Jul 7, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
So cute, pls. This gives me the same sort of fuzzy warm feeling as Isshuukan Friends did. xD

I was not expecting Hana to possess such physical capability...

Got my yuri goggles ready.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - Sep 5, 2023

0 by Ghefira »»
Sep 5, 2023 10:38 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Jul 21, 2014

84 by mazuchi »»
Jun 5, 2022 10:12 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2014

82 by Atavistic »»
Jan 21, 2022 6:09 AM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

155 by removed-user »»
Jan 21, 2022 5:26 AM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

76 by Gendolfas »»
Jan 21, 2022 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.