Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 9, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2010
Kinjou is awesome!!! To see Imaizumi to overcome it like Shinkai and draft for the team would be amazing to see!
Midousuji using mental attacks to bring up Shinaki's trauma.
Seeing Hakone's support and trust in their sprinter.
Just how many restraints does Midousuji have? If he wins this... he would be obviously the main antagonist. I want Shinkai to beat Midousuji or I will flip a table (a really small one)! I want Hakone to win over Fushimi!
Seeing Shinkai's demon form... that resemblance to Midousuji, but of course a lot e awesomer.
The next week to see who would win. Hearing Onoda and Tadokoro catching up is nice! I hope they really don't leave it to Onoda to shut Midousuji down in a climb or something T.T I sorta agree with the power ups especially with Midousuji, all those to just make him a good antagonist.
Jun 9, 2014 4:46 PM

Oct 2013
It's amazing to see Kinjou have that audacity.

And Midousuji is such a d*** face. Period.
Jun 9, 2014 4:54 PM

Apr 2013
Woah, i read this part in the manga but he was still a bigger monster that i thought he was xD

Jun 9, 2014 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
only 3 episodes more, it seems that we have to wait till ss2 to see the end of Inter High
Jun 9, 2014 5:25 PM

Nov 2012
LMFAO HOLY SHIT. I paused this episode and laughed for like an hour! Why does this anime keep doing this to me? I couldn't even look at Midousuji with a straight face without laughing and now this.

Are you guys sure that candy bar wasn't laced with drugs?
Jun 9, 2014 5:30 PM

Apr 2014
Battle of the freaks. <3

I don't know I tolerate the crazy stuff in Yowapeda while scorning it in other sports anime (realism ftw), but this show is just so over-the-top enthusiastic I can't help but love it. And while Midou-kimou is the antagonist of this story, he's never once cheated. That's refreshing.
Jun 9, 2014 7:32 PM

Sep 2013
Midousuji probably has restraints around his waist and teeth, a super chocolate bar and energy drinks laced with cocaine too, just in case ;)

Midousuji pulls out a stuffed rabbit next ep. calling it! XD
Jun 9, 2014 7:53 PM

Jun 2012
How many handicaps did Midousuji put on himself??
Jun 9, 2014 7:53 PM
Jan 2010
wow and i thought Midousuji was kimui but that scene Shinkai showed some kimui scene hard battle i hope that shinkai wins this he is way faster than Midousuji his weakness was holding him back hope that wont be the reason he falls here.

Jun 9, 2014 9:21 PM

Mar 2008
The dangling tongue. Plenty of team and friendship this episode.
Jun 9, 2014 9:45 PM

Oct 2011
Shinkai OMG!!!!!!

Beat Midouji !!!!

Imaizumi singing Hime Hime Song!!! So cute <3
AnimeFan500Jun 9, 2014 9:58 PM
Jun 9, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2013
IZEROII said:
You can't pass left because you hit a rabbit...
Demon form power up...
Limiting leg power with bands...

Every since the end of the training camp arc this show has slowly gone down hill for me. The first leg of this race was ok. This second leg has been brutal to watch. The power ups and bursts are so incredibly lame it's hard to watch sometimes.
Its called a "metaphor"
Jun 9, 2014 11:26 PM

Jul 2010
Holy shit Midousuji is such a dick. Shinkai have to win this one.
It wasn't a race between two racers but between two racers with a long tongue.

ichii_1 said:
Midousuji pulls out a stuffed rabbit next ep. calling it! XD

Rotfl, it would be fucking hilarious.
Jun 10, 2014 12:25 AM

Sep 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Ineptia said:
This Midosuji jack of all trades evil mastermind super athlete is really bringing the series down. The real competition is Sohoku vs Hakone, not a one man show.

Yeah I agree, his character was kind of amusing at first, but he's just such a one dimensional obstacle of a character that weakens and cheapens other characters by proximity to me kind of like Gilgamesh from Fate if not quite as blatantly because people usually do show up Midousuji. Still he feels like a character from a completely different show somehow, like he's not interesting, he's just kind of there to be the bad guy and the last boss.

Midousuji gets some interesting development after the second day. It's just that until that point he's so ridiculously overpowered and poorly developed. It bothered the heck out of me while I was reading the manga, and while I'm glad it works out later it doesn't excuse it at this point.
Jun 10, 2014 2:33 AM

Jun 2014
The little scene after the end credits was adorable.

I'm rooting for Shinkai in this situation, but god what does this show have with people sticking out their tongue?
Jun 10, 2014 2:47 AM

Jun 2013
To me this show just gets better and I think it's cool how Midosuji always has a trick up his sleeve. :D
My signature is lame...
Jun 10, 2014 5:45 AM

Oct 2013
Kurini said:
IZEROII said:
Every since the end of the training camp arc this show has slowly gone down hill for me. The first leg of this race was ok. This second leg has been brutal to watch. The power ups and bursts are so incredibly lame it's hard to watch sometimes.
Same thought here. Seriously, YowaPedal was at his best in 2013. I even considered it as one of my favorite of the 2013 series I watched. But now, the focus shifted and I don't find Midousuji particularly interesting to watch as a antagonist nor as a character. I was thinking that someone should send him to an asylum, but then, Shinkai did his crazy thing too. Putting the opponents aside (and the pacing too), I like the story with Sohoku. I can't wait to see the moment Onoda and Tadoroko catches up with the others.

lol, for a few episodes, I had to skip some midou parts. A little repeatedly pattern.
But love the omake.
Jun 10, 2014 6:43 AM

Jun 2014
Wonder how long it will be till we till learn Midousuji is the way he is because of something that happened in his past that made him that way, then everyone will feel sorry for him, happens all the time, xD.
Jun 10, 2014 7:15 AM
Jan 2010
to sum up this episode lets sing some Hime Hime together this will power up everyone.

Jun 10, 2014 10:15 AM

May 2014
I DON'T WANT TO MAKE THE IDIOTS HERE SOUND SO IDIOTIC, BUT I JUST CAN'T HELP IT.

Take a jump to my world, an endless open, clear and interconnected way of thinking:

First, let me tell you how fucked up you are for hating Midousuji. Yes, I accept the fact that he would be better off to become a side character with a little to no impact to the story itself. But listen here, are you that smart enough to be competing with the directors/author? Philosophically speaking, you are not! So please stop pretending like you are one. They, or the directors/author, put him in the story to have a big role in this anime because they knew that it would make the story more interesting, in short. If you can't perceive these words, I think you better of learn the basics from your mother.

Second, let me explain to you how awesome and great (twisted) person Midousuji is. To put it bluntly, he was the most "realistic" character I have ever known in this fictional stories I've been watching ever since. Not only that, he was also my "ideal real opponent" in real life. I mean, those weird attitude and problematic way of thinking of his on how to succeed pictures out the (current) real situation of now's humanity. It might not be that obvious in your place, but that's just how desperate people really are especially in the rural places (which covered the earth's parts more) where I could really observe nowadays. MIDOUSUJI WAS JUST THAT GREAT CHARACTER THAT ADDS SPICE TO THE STORY.

Third, these explanations of mine was supposedly to reach up to fifth but since I don't want to spare more of my energy and knowledge to mindless people that lacks creativity and imagination like you, I concluded that those were enough to at least make an "average person" breath and understand the story normally now so too bad for those who are still hating this anime for having Midousuji act a big role out of it.

Golden rule for me in terms of watching anime: If you don't like it, give it a chance for at least 2 more and at most of 6 more episodes and if you still don't like it, DROP IT.

PS. Please don't ask me what makes me like to continue watching this anime for it's just a dumb question for me to answer and it would surely take my time and knowledge to the point of I'd be spending 1 day of writing a thesis like message just for you to understand it. Also any other question that might belong to "dumb" question category should not also be consider for it will surely not be answered by me in a proper manner. It's okay for you to receive some sarcastic and harsh comments in return right? Then, please do so.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Jun 10, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
^ Why so mad? Midousuji was made in that way, to be HATED. It's not like HATE = BAD. We're people with different opinions and tastes, its just normal that someone hate what he doesn't like, and I think most of us in this thread realize how well constructed is the character of Midousuji, no matter how he's hated. (Although maybe it's still too soon for anime watchers, since we haven't yet had a grisp of his backstory)
Jun 10, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2013
Midousuji's character is... just a bit ridiculous. Even if he loses the sprint, which I don't think he will, he should be tired as heck and shouldn't have enough stamina for the end. But he will... because he's Midousuji.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jun 10, 2014 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode again.
Midousuji's tricks seem endless. I'd like more backstory for him.
Jun 11, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2011
Midousuji is so damn creepy. ><
He's an excellent creepy villain. If a series makes you hate a villain, that's the same as liking the MC... If you never had characters you hated, there would be undramatic stories.

LOLOL. Bishounen turned demon. That was hilariously shocking for a moment.

And wow. Imaizumi sings the theme song shamelessly in his bath. XD
Jun 11, 2014 12:55 AM

Jun 2014
sinner08910 said:
I DON'T WANT TO MAKE THE IDIOTS HERE SOUND SO IDIOTIC, BUT I JUST CAN'T HELP IT.

Take a jump to my world, an endless open, clear and interconnected way of thinking:

First, let me tell you how fucked up you are for hating Midousuji. Yes, I accept the fact that he would be better off to become a side character with a little to no impact to the story itself. But listen here, are you that smart enough to be competing with the directors/author? Philosophically speaking, you are not! So please stop pretending like you are one. They, or the directors/author, put him in the story to have a big role in this anime because they knew that it would make the story more interesting, in short. If you can't perceive these words, I think you better of learn the basics from your mother.

Second, let me explain to you how awesome and great (twisted) person Midousuji is. To put it bluntly, he was the most "realistic" character I have ever known in this fictional stories I've been watching ever since. Not only that, he was also my "ideal real opponent" in real life. I mean, those weird attitude and problematic way of thinking of his on how to succeed pictures out the (current) real situation of now's humanity. It might not be that obvious in your place, but that's just how desperate people really are especially in the rural places (which covered the earth's parts more) where I could really observe nowadays. MIDOUSUJI WAS JUST THAT GREAT CHARACTER THAT ADDS SPICE TO THE STORY.

Third, these explanations of mine was supposedly to reach up to fifth but since I don't want to spare more of my energy and knowledge to mindless people that lacks creativity and imagination like you, I concluded that those were enough to at least make an "average person" breath and understand the story normally now so too bad for those who are still hating this anime for having Midousuji act a big role out of it.

Golden rule for me in terms of watching anime: If you don't like it, give it a chance for at least 2 more and at most of 6 more episodes and if you still don't like it, DROP IT.

PS. Please don't ask me what makes me like to continue watching this anime for it's just a dumb question for me to answer and it would surely take my time and knowledge to the point of I'd be spending 1 day of writing a thesis like message just for you to understand it. Also any other question that might belong to "dumb" question category should not also be consider for it will surely not be answered by me in a proper manner. It's okay for you to receive some sarcastic and harsh comments in return right? Then, please do so.

You need help...........
Jun 11, 2014 2:56 AM

May 2014
Nyx_Yuren said:
sinner08910 said:

You need help...........

Maybe you should read it twice or more... And please minimize your period, it's pretty annoying.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Jun 11, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2013
Cliff hunger
I hope Midousuji loses </3

Dat ending ..... singing xD

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jun 13, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2012
A bit ridiculous, but still intense.

Also, yeah I agree with the people saying Yowapeda's not as good as before. The introductory episodes were excellent compared to now, but it's still great.

The omake though <3
Jun 13, 2014 4:13 PM
Aug 2011
-MgZ_ said:
Lol at Shinkai sticking and wiggling out his tounge

I like Shinkai but that was just too much. Facepalm moment.

I enjoy the shot a whole lot but those types of moments have been slowly degrading this experience for me.

The ending bits are still my favorite thing, so random and cute even.
Jun 14, 2014 3:28 AM

Aug 2013
I can imagine Hino Satoshi laughing his ass off when recording Hayato's nonsensical oni shriek (with wiggling tongue and all that...) I'm sorry I laughed so much at that part although Hayato's my favourite (along with Angel Manami <3)

I just wanna see megane-kun and kuma-san join the team asap
Jun 17, 2014 6:38 AM

Feb 2012
They just ruined Shinkai's calm and collective image by sticking out that ugly tongue. WHY did they do that to him!! UGH! Dayum, a lot of screen time for Midousuji again?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 28, 2014 4:49 PM
Aug 2011
Shinkai became my favourite character at this show just now.
Dec 4, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
Yowapeda is turning into some kind of new genre, sports/horror.
Jan 12, 2015 4:50 AM

Jun 2011
Fuck this shit if Midousuji wins, I swear.. I fucking swear..

@sinner08910, you serious, mate? Midousuji solos everything, is that good writing? Wait, but he actually can't.. oh wait, he can, because he's Midousuji, if he can't, he will just turn it around. How? He is Midousuji, that's how.

I actually miss Onoda now.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 11, 2015 9:55 AM

Jul 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
Fuck this shit if Midousuji wins, I swear.. I fucking swear..

@sinner08910, you serious, mate? Midousuji solos everything, is that good writing? Wait, but he actually can't.. oh wait, he can, because he's Midousuji, if he can't, he will just turn it around. How? He is Midousuji, that's how.

I actually miss Onoda now.

At least his power-ups come from careful planning and studying his opponents, and not through the power of friendship like everybody else. Midousuji is the only reason to watch the show anymore, he makes it entertaining. Even though I know MC's will win because plot armor.
Apr 11, 2015 11:40 PM

Feb 2015
Vindstot said:
Kinjou is such a great guy; supporting Imaizumi in his slump and letting Naruko rest by drafting for the team. Perfect Ace!
Totally this!
Sep 20, 2015 6:44 PM
Dec 2009
Loving this battle between Shinkai and Midosuji, hopefully Midosuji will get put in his place and stop being a jerk. But Shinkai being "unleashed" was a little over the top, even for a sports anime...
Sep 25, 2015 10:54 PM
Apr 14, 2017 3:04 AM

Jan 2015
Only another psycho can defeat Midosouji. SHinkai FOR THE WIN. Shinkai is a freaking highlight for the anime. The demon Shinkai with the tongue out is the best, the music was so great at that time too. The trauma was too great, glad he overcame it. Totally understandable for him to have such trauma, of course very sad. He is such a great sprinter and this might keep him back. BUT he can't let his team down <3 And speaking of his team. man his team is the best after Sohoku of course <3 They trust in him. they know he will overcome his weakness and that he is the fastest sprinter. They believed in him during flashback and during race. He knows they believe in him too.

I'm starting to like Midosouji more. I really hate his overconfidence, his psycho, evil personality. But what i like is his seriousness and how big of a strategist he is, knowing his opponents mental weaknesses and utilizing them. Studying his opponents, not only relying on his own plan and his team, but studying opponents and their weaknesses. That's great.

Imaizumi felt down :( Kinjou is great tho holyshit. "If someone struggles we do everything to support him". Great words. He even decided to draft for him team even though he is ace. I'm Kinjou, snake of the stone path. <3 They are waiting for the rest of the team to return so they can race normally. Damn it sucks tho to ride as a 4-man, Naruko was drafting for them, he seemed to be the most emotional during that scene. Did he really named an opponent a Gorilla LOL
Jun 12, 2019 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
Midousuji got me fooled last episode, not gonna lie lol. Shinkai has overtaken my favorite character spot from this episode, his normally easy-going attitude is so likable, he's extremely strong, his overcoming his trauma was admirable, and his demonic side is too badass. I wonder how many more tricks Midousuji can pull, he was holding back this entire time still. Maybe he's too overpowered. I have no doubt Shinkai will win this one.
Sep 18, 2019 5:49 PM

Sep 2018
Why they always talk to that creepy guy??? He's so annoying!! Just stop talking to him and problem solved!
Creepy guy meet his rival but seeing him still win is so annoying! it looks deceitful too, he didn't deserve to win the green tag!

Imaizumi feel lost in the event haha but atleast he seems to like it .
Mar 3, 2021 3:06 PM

Nov 2016
Ok, the Midousuji wannabe from Kyto is not likeable.

Midousuji with his own song, that was fucked up of him again. He underestimated Shinkai, tho. That dude unleashed the demon. It's really a fight between two guys that ain't human anymore xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2021 4:02 AM

Jul 2015
I can't believe I fell for that bastard's acting last episode... but good thing Shinkai entered demon mode to overcome his weakness and beat that monster
Hilarious to hear Imaizumi partly sing Love hime song in the aftercredits

Oct 3, 2023 6:41 PM
Jan 2017
I am just hating Midousuji, more and more. Shinkai definitely overcame his weakness, but now I wanna see the end result of the sprint. X3
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.