Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 9, 2014 6:03 PM
Dec 2013
Kellhus said:
Fadeout4 said:
Like other people said, it's because he's underage.

Underage to smoke, but not underage to brutally murder people, shotgun beer in prison, or fondle minors.

Not a beer, but a SODA.
http://i.imgur.com/of4GZof.jpg
May 9, 2014 6:20 PM

Dec 2008
This shit-talking in this episode was hilarious! I hope this show goes on forever!!

Did they seriously censor Jotaro lighting up a cigarette? Wow!

Sent with Mal Updater
May 9, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2010
namihei said:
Kellhus said:
Fadeout4 said:

Underage to smoke, but not underage to brutally murder people, shotgun beer in prison, or fondle minors.

Not a beer, but a SODA.

Oh god, didn't notice. They're smart.
May 9, 2014 6:21 PM

Nov 2011
namihei said:
Kellhus said:
Fadeout4 said:

Not a beer, but a SODA.

Right before SODA is LAGER though... lol they're trying to be totally ambiguous xD
May 9, 2014 6:38 PM

Oct 2012
Yea so this episode was pretty hype, loved the underwater fight and next episode looks like it's gonna be exciting too.
May 9, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2011
namihei said:
Not a beer, but a SODA.

In the manga it's clearly supposed to be a beer ("b... beer? How is he drinking a beer in there?"), and the way he's drinking it makes the suggestion obvious, although I admit I must have been too entranced with the episode to notice the can was changed here. If only they changed the contents of his smokes.
KellhusMay 9, 2014 7:09 PM
May 9, 2014 7:19 PM

Sep 2013
That ora ora when the captain tried to fall down was epic, props to him thou surviving that barrage.

Shower scene next time "licks lips" ;D
The monkey is about to prove Dio wrong xD
May 9, 2014 8:43 PM

Jan 2011
Censoring Jotaro's smoking was really pointless. Not like anyone mentioned what he was doing right?

I think it says a lot that I can still enjoy Jojo with censors. It's too good to wait for the BDs.
May 9, 2014 8:58 PM

Sep 2013
Fadeout4 said:
asume5 said:
pretty cool fight, I wonder how far the anime will get compared to the manga if we keep going at this pace.

wow, i can't believe they censored Jotaro smoking.

DejWoSWK said:
Censoring even smoking of cigarette? Come on.
Despite that,another great episode.

Like other people said, it's because he's underage. Also, asume5, Im not sure what you mean. It will go to the end... Why would it end anywhere else?

i was wondering because there is only supposed to be 26 episodes, because it's supposed to be a split cour or something and they we're going to continue later on, i was wondering how far the anime will get by episode 26
May 9, 2014 9:15 PM

Nov 2011
asume5 said:
Fadeout4 said:
asume5 said:
pretty cool fight, I wonder how far the anime will get compared to the manga if we keep going at this pace.

wow, i can't believe they censored Jotaro smoking.

DejWoSWK said:
Censoring even smoking of cigarette? Come on.
Despite that,another great episode.

Like other people said, it's because he's underage. Also, asume5, Im not sure what you mean. It will go to the end... Why would it end anywhere else?

i was wondering because there is only supposed to be 26 episodes, because it's supposed to be a split cour or something and they we're going to continue later on, i was wondering how far the anime will get by episode 26

Oooh, I see. Assuming the pacing doesn't suddenly explode, they'll probably get around halfway through it.
May 9, 2014 9:48 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode. I'm warming up to stands. I liked the strategy
May 9, 2014 10:20 PM

Nov 2011
RediceRyan said:
Another great episode. I'm warming up to stands. I liked the strategy

This is still nothing compared to what's to come in Part 3 :P
May 9, 2014 10:23 PM

Sep 2011
Great ep, i thought this week ep gonna be boring~ boy was i wrong. That 1 liner from jotaro full of win xD.
May 10, 2014 12:03 AM
Oct 2010
Dialogue cracked me up. Enjoyed this ep.. the fight was ok but the faces and dialogue were just lmfao!
May 10, 2014 12:25 AM

Sep 2009
Dear Crunchyroll:

HIS NAME IS NOT FUCKING CAPTAIN DRAGON IT IS CAPTAIN TENNILE

ichii_1 said:
Shower scene next time "licks lips" ;D

*ahem*
LindleMay 10, 2014 12:29 AM
May 10, 2014 12:45 AM

Dec 2007
As much as I like this show, the fishing for bluray sales with censoring is starting to really nag at me. Did they really need to show Jotaro twice with half of his face shadowed out?

Why even show it, especially twice?

Japan pls, nobody wants to buy your overpriced blurays
May 10, 2014 12:55 AM

Sep 2013
Guilek said:
Will Joseph win a fight or do something bad ass in Stardust?

May 10, 2014 1:12 AM

Apr 2009
Lindle said:
Dear Crunchyroll:

HIS NAME IS NOT FUCKING CAPTAIN DRAGON IT IS CAPTAIN TENNILE

The Captain and Tenille reference is still kept because the real name of "Captain" is... Daryl Dragon :D

Artorias said:
As much as I like this show, the fishing for bluray sales with censoring is starting to really nag at me. Did they really need to show Jotaro twice with half of his face shadowed out?

Why even show it, especially twice?

Japan pls, nobody wants to buy your overpriced blurays

Iiic Jojo SC BDs will probably a lot more cheaper than the usual late night anime discs. Still way too expensive from a Western perspective, though.
NidhoeggrMay 10, 2014 1:20 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 10, 2014 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
Fadeout4 said:
Guilek said:
Will Joseph win a fight or do something bad ass in Stardust?

Yes, but not for a bit.

Kellhus said:
Fadeout4 said:

Underage to smoke, but not underage to brutally murder people, shotgun beer in prison, or fondle minors. Seems legit..

LOL Good point, especially about the beer xD

Ok thanks :D
May 10, 2014 9:45 AM
Apr 2012
Great episode again with good pacing. I liked the captains stand a lot. Smart thinking by Jotaro to beat him. The stoway being a girl was predictable. Funny when Jotaro left it to Avdol and Jean-Pierre to finish his line. Next episode looks very interesting. Can't get enough of the ED still.
May 10, 2014 9:47 AM

Oct 2012
Loved the battle and the face of Star Platinum while punching the shark. Today was a good day.
May 10, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
Kugiming was unexpected.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 10, 2014 10:42 AM

Dec 2012
Great and an enjoyable episode, certainly better than the last. It was predictable but in a good way I guess.

Lmao @ what Jotaro said at the end of the fight. What a boss. 5/5

The OST in the 12 minute mark though, I must have it.
May 10, 2014 3:54 PM

Feb 2013
Lool, love this anime, so over the top, but it works! =D

I do hate the censoring though, but i'm guessing that's because Jotaro is 17 years old, and Japan are SUPER strict when it comes to smoking...either that, or they're fishing for bluray sales >.>
May 10, 2014 5:11 PM

Sep 2012
Did I miss something, or was Jotaro's finishing move a nonsense deus ex machina?
May 10, 2014 5:19 PM

Jun 2010
Great episode, credit to David Productions for finding a way to make some of the worst fights in the arc still be tense and engaging.

Also since I've seen this kind of query brought up more than once

Haytin said:
Pretty awesome episode but I dont understand why they can't just get a private plane. Just seems like they're padding out the anime.

While it certainly would be quicker for them to reach Egypt if they could just take a private jet, there are quite a few good reasons why they wouldn't. Namely:

• After the Tower of Grey fight they realised just how dangerous it is to fight in a plane. You have to remember that the interior of a plane is both pressurised and is limited in space, which would make movement (such as dodging) hard to do and reduce their ability to fight (eg Avdol couldn't use his flames, else he'd blow up the plane).

• They don't know what other powers the other enemy stand users possess. Without spoiling anything I can say that had they encountered some of the other enemies on a plane that they would have all been wiped out in one go. You should never underestimate the unknown, especially when the other side knows more about you then what you know about them.
May 10, 2014 5:40 PM

Jul 2010
Litrydow said:
Did I miss something, or was Jotaro's finishing move a nonsense deus ex machina?
What didn't you understand? I thought the fight was pretty logical.
May 10, 2014 6:14 PM

Jul 2011
Litrydow said:

Have you found Star Platinum's other abilities up to this point "deus ex machina" too, or is Star Finger for some reason different? Doesn't seem any more deux ex than Zoom Punch to me.
KellhusMay 10, 2014 6:18 PM
May 10, 2014 6:19 PM

Sep 2012
Kellhus said:
Litrydow said:

Have you found Star Platinum's other abilities up to this point "deus ex machina" too, or is Star Finger for some reason different?

Akanezora said:
Litrydow said:
What didn't you understand? I thought the fight was pretty logical.

Just Star Finger. Did that appear before? I don't remember it. And how did it work? The barnacles were absorbing his power, suddenly his finger managed to move with all strength and give a one-hit-kill.
May 10, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2011
Litrydow said:
And how did it work?

I just find it curious that you specifically question that, but not ORAORAORA, instant brain surgery and drawing mastery, or bullet catching. It's just one of his powers. I basically think of it like he was remaining motionless in order to build up a tremendous amount of energy he would otherwise unleash in ORA, but instead directed through only two fingers in one blow.
May 10, 2014 6:37 PM

Jul 2010
Litrydow said:
Just Star Finger. Did that appear before? I don't remember it. And how did it work? The barnacles were absorbing his power, suddenly his finger managed to move with all strength and give a one-hit-kill.
Basically Star Finger doesn't need Jotaro to move himself, he can just extend his middle and index fingers to a length of one or two metres (that's why he was able to cast it even if barnacles were blocking him). Generally that alone wouldn't be fatal but as it was said earlier, Star Platinum have a huge strenght/power/speed, so much that can pierce almost everything. This ability is similar to and could reference the limb-strecthing applications of the Ripple. (like Kellhus already said above)
AkanezoraMay 10, 2014 6:41 PM
May 10, 2014 6:49 PM

Sep 2012
Kellhus said:
Litrydow said:
And how did it work?

I just find it curious that you specifically question that, but not ORAORAORA, instant brain surgery and drawing mastery, or bullet catching. It's just one of his powers. I basically think of it like he was remaining motionless in order to build up a tremendous amount of energy he would otherwise unleash in ORA, but instead directed through only two fingers in one blow.

Well, those were kinda in the premise, his Stand's characteristics are strength, speed and precision, as stated in the first episodes.
I was just asking myself "wait, wtf happened?" at the end of the episode, but adding that description with Akanezora's, I understand now. It's Jojo-logic, but it's its logic anyways, haha.
Thanks.
May 10, 2014 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
The_Redux said:
Great episode, credit to David Productions for finding a way to make some of the worst fights in the arc still be tense and engaging.

Also since I've seen this kind of query brought up more than once

Haytin said:
Pretty awesome episode but I dont understand why they can't just get a private plane. Just seems like they're padding out the anime.

While it certainly would be quicker for them to reach Egypt if they could just take a private jet, there are quite a few good reasons why they wouldn't. Namely:

• After the Tower of Grey fight they realised just how dangerous it is to fight in a plane. You have to remember that the interior of a plane is both pressurised and is limited in space, which would make movement (such as dodging) hard to do and reduce their ability to fight (eg Avdol couldn't use his flames, else he'd blow up the plane).

• They don't know what other powers the other enemy stand users possess. Without spoiling anything I can say that had they encountered some of the other enemies on a plane that they would have all been wiped out in one go. You should never underestimate the unknown, especially when the other side knows more about you then what you know about them.

Thanks for explaining that to me. It was kinda ruining the anime for me because it didn't seem like they had a legit reason not to take a plane.
May 11, 2014 1:06 AM

Mar 2014
Litrydow said:
Well, those were kinda in the premise, his Stand's characteristics are strength, speed and precision, as stated in the first episodes.
I was just asking myself "wait, wtf happened?" at the end of the episode, but adding that description with Akanezora's, I understand now. It's Jojo-logic, but it's its logic anyways, haha.
Thanks.

To add,we're still at the beginning of Stardust mind you, and also remember that Jotaro hasn't fully mastered Star Platinum, he's so far applying its great strength/speed/precision in various situations, resulting in different forms of "technique".

Basically, we're still at the beginning and slowly discovering what SP can do with its powers.
May 11, 2014 6:58 AM

Mar 2008
If you look in the stands stats, there is always "developmental potential" (and Star Platinum has a rank C). Basically, as already said, stand users can develop more techniques as they master their stands. You will see others examples like this through the series.

May 11, 2014 8:15 AM

Jun 2012
Avdol, say something. I laughed so hard LOL love it, i wonder if it'll move on from a bad guy a week lol. I've seen people saying it does move on from that, so it's cool XD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
May 11, 2014 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
OverkilledRed said:
If you look in the stands stats, there is always "developmental potential" (and Star Platinum has a rank C). Basically, as already said, stand users can develop more techniques as they master their stands. You will see others examples like this through the series.

Star Platinum had an A. In fact, Star Platinum has an A in everything, except a C in range.

jimbob1141 said:
Avdol, say something. I laughed so hard LOL love it, i wonder if it'll move on from a bad guy a week lol. I've seen people saying it does move on from that, so it's cool XD

What's wrong with villain of the week? It works in something like Jojo because the stands are so off-the-wall and bizarre, especially later on, that you just can't wait to see what the next enemy stand user is going to be. No, it's not villain of the week through the entire thing, but it does go to that formula for a few large chunks of Part 3.
GyroSpinMay 11, 2014 10:35 AM
May 11, 2014 2:43 PM

Sep 2013
Groping little girls... Our hero everyone. Jokes aside this episode was really good. The ost is amazing
May 11, 2014 9:05 PM
Aug 2011
Despite already knowing what's going to happen this series still cracks me up constantly.

It brings IMMENSE joy to my life.
May 11, 2014 9:11 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, Jojo is my weekly dose of pure unadulterated fun.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 12, 2014 8:32 AM

Jun 2009
I hate to admit that this episode was pretty boring to me. Hopefully we'll get to the part where Stand fights get interesting soon. (I don't remember when that was, been forever since I read part 3)
May 12, 2014 10:02 AM

Sep 2013
grandy_UiD said:
I hate to admit that this episode was pretty boring to me. Hopefully we'll get to the part where Stand fights get interesting soon. (I don't remember when that was, been forever since I read part 3)

Dark Blue Moon IS one of the more boring fights since the enemy stand wasn't really all that special and the conclusion was only hilarious at best. Goddamn Star Finger.

Also, the punchline wasn't one of Jotaro's best and was delivered kind of badly in the anime.
May 12, 2014 10:06 AM

Feb 2013
ArtemisFlow said:
grandy_UiD said:

Dark Blue Moon IS one of the more boring fights since the enemy stand wasn't really all that special and the conclusion was only hilarious at best. Goddamn Star Finger.

Also, the punchline wasn't one of Jotaro's best and was delivered kind of badly in the anime.

Yeah, Jotaro has much better one-liners then this.
May 12, 2014 10:19 AM

Jun 2009
ArtemisFlow said:

I just think it's kind of a lame line in general. Definitely not up to Jotaro's standards.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 12, 2014 8:05 PM

Jul 2011
grandy_UiD said:

I think it starts getting really eye opening at

and then it doesn't let up from there. These first few fights aren't really mindblowing, even with how good the anime is making them.
May 12, 2014 8:27 PM

Feb 2013
Kellhus said:
grandy_UiD said:

I think it starts getting really eye opening at

and then it doesn't let up from there. These first few fights aren't really mindblowing, even with how good the anime is making them.

Eh, I don't think folks will have too wait that long, 3rd arc picked up for me after next weeks episode
May 13, 2014 5:12 AM
Feb 2014
this episode was average, though i liked the clever nose trick

soo, what's with the association of stands with tarot cards again? is there some purpose? or merely contrived?

edit:
it kind of bugged me before since they bring it up often. thanks for the answer.
sephatuMay 13, 2014 5:40 AM
May 13, 2014 5:26 AM

Jul 2010
sephatu said:
this episode was average, though i liked the clever nose trick

soo, what's with the association of stands with tarot cards again? is there some purpose? or merely contrived?
The tarot cards simply reflect the characteristics of the cards on the stand user and therefore on his abilities. So that might be even considered a sort of foreshadowing.
May 13, 2014 10:52 AM

Apr 2009
I really like the episode 6! Jotaro is sooooooo awesome :3
The OST of this anime is amazing too. I hope they continue with this quality in the other episodes!
May 13, 2014 10:56 AM

Sep 2013
The sailors constant" Onii-chan" thou :O
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

173 by Mikoshiba-san »»
May 3, 9:21 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2014

132 by JosVoogt21 »»
Apr 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

217 by OVERJRIVE »»
Jan 23, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.