Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2014 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA OR LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
---------------------------------------
Another decent episode although it felt fast again. Oh wow, dat despair. I smell more death flags in this episode though. And the feels...

Seriously, that monster looked awkward with the hammerhead figure. Ah, cursed kids never gets it easy in this show. It's a tough life out here.
rodacApr 23, 2014 9:46 PM
Apr 22, 2014 7:38 AM

Nov 2007
Him deciding to support her is easy with talking with the doctor. Level 5 monster? He needs to stop them even with the heavy injury.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 22, 2014 8:33 AM

Nov 2008
I can't believe he jumped from the heli! lol
Apr 22, 2014 8:40 AM
Apr 2014
Holy crap they are rushing through the scenes/condensing the animation lol. Seems like they were short on time, even last week's ending wasn't officially done... Well, I'm still happy to watch this, but they are seriously cutting a lot of dialogue, moments felt a bit rushed. Still epic, but wish they'd slow down so they can explain things a bit more for people who don't read the manga/light novel (I do, so I know there's a lot of things they should have included). Guess they are on a tight schedule.

Then again, it's hard to top Morino Hon's epic moments in the manga (holy shit especially chapter 16), ah the potential that could have been lol...

On the positive side, the scenes although short, were well done.
RuinsInTheWindApr 22, 2014 8:51 AM
Apr 22, 2014 8:51 AM

Feb 2008
Indeed, pace was so fast and I'm getting a bit confused what is going on. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 22, 2014 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
RuinsInTheWind said:
Holy crap they are rushing through the scenes/condensing the animation lol. Seems like they were short on time, even last week's ending wasn't officially done... Well, I'm still happy to watch this, but they are seriously cutting a lot of dialogue, moments felt a bit rushed. Still epic, but wish they'd slow down so they can explain things a bit more for people who don't read the manga/light novel (I do, so I know there's a lot of things they should have included). Guess they are on a tight schedule.

Then again, it's hard to top Morino Hon's epic moments in the manga (holy shit especially chapter 16), ah the potential that could have been lol...

On the positive side, the scenes although short, were well done.

What exactly did they cut this episode?
Apr 22, 2014 8:56 AM
Apr 2014
Poor Kisara gets shafted AGAIN XD (she's missing SEVERAL scenes... (in the light novel when Rentaro wakes up, he sees how beautiful Kisara is when she was crying, and he asks "is this heaven?" "This is hell, you idiot Rentaro." (LOL) Rooftop scene cut. Seitenshi got cut a bit too :P... when the kids confront Enju, the scene should have been longer. Rentaro's past encounter with Sumire/Doctor was cut a LOT. (I know why they cut certain parts though, it'll be explained anyways). Rentaro should also have made a terminator reference when talking to the doctor (sumire is a western movie collector, when he say's ill be back in like possibly the worst imitation, Sumire LOSES HER SHIT XD) (should have been more emotional, Sumire lost her lover in the war, and lost her way for quite a while). When they are wandering the outer regions in the forest, you should be feeling a sense of dread, something unnaturally wrong with the forest (Gastrea have taken over the entire forest) It should feel alien, and insanity should have been setting in for our two heros. Yea, they cut quite a bit :P
RuinsInTheWindApr 22, 2014 9:07 AM
Apr 22, 2014 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
RuinsInTheWind said:
Poor Kisara gets shafted AGAIN XD (she's missing SEVERAL scenes... (in the light novel when Rentaro wakes up, he sees how beautiful Kisara is when she was crying, and he asks "is this heaven?" "This is hell, you idiot Rentaro." (LOL) Rooftop scene cut. Seitenshi got cut a bit too :P... when the kids confront Enju, the scene should have been longer. Rentaro's past encounter with Sumire/Doctor was cut a LOT. (I know why they cut certain parts though, it'll be explained anyways). Rentaro should also have made a terminator reference when talking to the doctor (sumire is a western movie collector, when he say's ill be back in like possibly the worst imitation, Sumire LOSES HER SHIT XD) (should have been more emotional, Sumire lost her lover in the war, and lost her way for quite a while). When they are wandering the outer regions in the forest, you should be feeling a sense of dread, something unnaturally wrong with the forest (Gastrea have taken over the entire forest) It should feel alien, and insanity should have been setting in for our two heros. Yea, they cut quite a bit :P

The rooftop scene wasn't in the LN either if I remember correctly.
I haven't watched the episode yet but I'm already so sad that the Terminator reference got cut. I wanted to see it so badly T_T
Apr 22, 2014 9:15 AM

Mar 2014
The monster of stage 4 resembles Cephadrome of Monster Hunter. lol
Yeah, I guess that Rentarou is something like a cyborg. I want my body to be also altered like him by such a beautiful doctor.

By the way, this episode was very interesting as usual. I like this series.
dmrchApr 22, 2014 3:50 PM
Apr 22, 2014 10:01 AM

Dec 2011
Seems like they're cutting the comedy scenes making it a bit darker.
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Apr 22, 2014 10:05 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode again, it's all gonna go down next episode i bet. Enju and Rentaro are the best together.
Apr 22, 2014 10:12 AM
Dec 2010
Such a shame they cut so mush... Never the less a great anime and ep.
Apr 22, 2014 10:12 AM

Nov 2012
What a great episode, this season sure has a lot of awesome anime.
Poor Enju, she lost all her friends and she is so nice to Rentarou. But I am glad she is back.
Wow Rentarou sure made a fast recovery. That masked guy is really strong and so annoying.
That new initiator is cute, but her partner is horrible. Shogen tells her to kill people just because he is greedy.
Looking forward to the next episode...
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Apr 22, 2014 10:18 AM

Aug 2010
Now that's what I call fast pacing -.-

Still, this volume had so many epic scenes that no matter how much u take out, there will still be awesome scenes.

Still sad that lots of fun and even serious scenes got cut out. That was quite a lot of character development skipped there :(

Well if I were an anime only viewer I'd say this was an awesome ep.

The feelz with Enju being rejected by her classmates was so sad :(

The way she just jumped off the heli and brutally owned the Gastrea was EPIC! She's totally BA! And the scene hugging Rentarou was cute and sad ;_;

The fight against Kagetane was awesome. He got totally one sidedly beaten. Dat Shinra Tensai Maximum Pain O_O And how the hell can someone survive all those stabs and shots XD Rentarou is pretty much immortal not dying from all that XD "Goodnight" ^^

Too bad they took out that Shougen was the one who saved Rentarou :(

Hospital scene was really compressed but the Enju sleeping with Rentarou scene was really sweet :3

The Kayo scene was nice. She's really adorable <3 And Rentarou going rapist mode on her XD

I wonder if they'll finish this volume nxt ep or 2 more? Hope for 2 more because they'd absolutely massacre the original source if they finish the whole remaining stuff in just one more ep.
Apr 22, 2014 10:18 AM

Sep 2013
They cut off a lot from the manga... But nevertheless well done.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Apr 22, 2014 10:32 AM

Feb 2008
This is not even adaption from the manga so I can't say much what they cut.
:P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 22, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2012
Good episode, but really fast pace.

The fight at the beginning was pretty good. The mask guy pulled off an almighty push on Ren. Enju pretty beast. Like how she was dogging Kohina swords without even looking. Must say I did feel like something was missing though. Felt like I was skipping scenes or something. Never the less good episode.

Might have to check out the manga to get a better understanding of this episode.
Apr 22, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2009
1. Drama felt overdone in the first half

2. After being stabbed & shot at, satomi's still alive. Talk about heavy plot-armor

3. The show's intensity has been dying… meh

3/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 22, 2014 10:49 AM

Apr 2013
Barion-Zara said:

You should probably spoiler tag that. They're most likely going to mention it later on.

Okay episode. I thought it got a little boring during some parts, but the action scenes were decent.
The development between Enju and Satomi was nice too. Kagetane is getting a little annoying imo.
Apr 22, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
This is moving so fast, the tension can't really build up.
And how the hell Rentarou survived that.
Apr 22, 2014 10:59 AM

Nov 2012
Mills said:
Barion-Zara said:

You should probably spoiler tag that. They're most likely going to mention it later on.

I agree with this. I thought that
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Apr 22, 2014 11:05 AM

Aug 2012
This feels rushed as hell, stuff just happen. The "death sceen" just felt pathetic and out of place while Enju "return" felt like a btw thingy.
Apr 22, 2014 11:13 AM

Jul 2010
Stage 5 Gastrea!
The reunion between Enju and Rentarou was sweet.
The operation should be interesting since he survived.
The ill treatment of the cursed children... I don't like it. Enju was adorable!
Well, good episode, a lot happened though.
Apr 22, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
LOVE THE ED! Nagi Yanagi (same artist from NagiAsu >_<)

JoksPacifist said:
This is moving so fast, the tension can't really build up.
And how the hell Rentarou survived that.

he's probably not human. They did mention he was operated on before the incident. Maybe he was implanted with something. Perhaps he is part Gastrea or has the virus inside of him?
zzzeallyApr 22, 2014 11:25 AM

Apr 22, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Felt a bit rushed... I still liked it though.

I want my own personal loli combat partner too!
Apr 22, 2014 11:24 AM

Dec 2010
A lot of things happening... and I don't give a shit. Whether it's because this is moving far too fast, I don't know, but at this rate the whole adaption will be garbage for me.
Apr 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
Can one Promoter have multiple Initiators? I sure would love to see Rentarou getting more, for various reasons.
Apr 22, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2012
Everyone's saying this is really fast paced, which came as a surprise to me. I haven't read the source material, though.

It does seem as though they are building up a fair number of things that will need explanation at this point. The question is whether or not we will receive that explanation. I'm optimistic, though, since what I've seen so far has been quite good. This show started out as a post-apocalyptic sci-fi with infections and stuff, and has since touched on discrimination, rebellion, evolution, and child psychology. If it doesn't collapse under its own weight I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

I definitely thought his conversation with the other Initiator was the highlight of this episode. "I can immediately come up with various arguments to what you said, but I don't want to deny your words." Was it really necessary to have him pin her on the floor, though? I mean, I accepted that this show would have a few things like that after the Gastrea spit attack or whatever in episode 1, but come on...
Apr 22, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Tefuq how did he survived. I guess he has mechanical organs and such since the operation, but that sure seemed quite silly and random.

FlamingYu said:
Can one Promoter have multiple Initiators? I sure would love to see Rentarou getting more, for various reasons.

Inb4 harem.
AkanezoraApr 22, 2014 11:46 AM
Apr 22, 2014 11:45 AM

Mar 2014
As many of you have said they have made it to fast paced. Kinda hard to understand some things if you havn't read the manga.

Feel sorry for Enju being rejected by her classmates, good thing that Rentaro is there for her.

I like the battle scenes very much. Enju is so cute and BA :3

But nevertheless well done so far.
Apr 22, 2014 11:49 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
1. Satomi gets shot, stabbed by two sharp blades, the blades are moved back forth as if they were saws, and I'm surprised Satomi's organs are still in tact since he is still alive.

2. Enju returns to school but her classmates don't want her back. Well good to know she is back with Satomi. ENJU kawaii

3. Loved her smile when she gave a peace sign to Satomi after they had fallen off the cliff because the Lv 4 Gastrea was chasing them.

I'm curious to know about the Lv 5 Gastrea's. That Masked Man will be hard to beat as Satomi was tossed aside like a rag doll and nearly killed.

Apr 22, 2014 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
Another very good episode. I really liked how Enju jumped off the helicopter and owned that Gastrea.

The battle between Kagetane and Rentarouwas epic. Rentarou survived from all those stabs and shots like that, it was a hard to believe.

Gastrea got 5 stages of evolutions that sounded pretty good and interesting.
Apr 22, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode, I liked it. :3
Apr 22, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2013
Stage 5 can destroy the world in hours if they wanted to but they don't, because good old plot never fails.

Next tiime Rentarou kills Shougen and takes his loli muhahaha now that would be beyond epic :D
Apr 22, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2014
Sign... they ruined it, this was supposedly a critical moment in the manga and yet they made it so rushed and anti-climatic. The people adapting this should seriously be fired. It's one thing when you can't make a decent anime original, but it's a whole level more 'impressive' when you can take a solid story and ruin it in the adaptation process.
*insert subjectively witty comment*
Apr 22, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
have to say it is heavry rushed right now >_>

in the manga they spend at least 3-4 chapters on everything... why is it this much rushed o_o

also, only scene added in the manga not originally in the LN was the enju on the bike scene, shogen saving rentaro, shogen and rentaro having a talk before entering the helicopter and the next shogen scene in next episode.

they cut out tons of dialoge between rentaro and kisara, female doc flashback and few part with the new initiator

seriously, liked the manga more...

EDIT: just checked they went from chapter 8-11, went through 160 pages of material.
this is way more than they did with the previous episodes (first one was equivalent to 130 pages, second one 120 pages).
hopefully they slow things down a bit now for the next episode
UrekApr 22, 2014 12:36 PM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 22, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
I was amused that despite how injured he was after nearly dying he's out and fighting again after only a day in hospital.

I felt bad for Enju after the whole school thing as being rejected by her classmates. I felt especially bad with what she said after killing the one gastrea, but I'm glad they're back together.

I was watching with a friend who freaked out mildly when Kagetane just randomly popped out of nowhere. I was fully expecting it when I saw the box.
Няш-Мяш!
Apr 22, 2014 12:37 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Don't mean to repeat what a lot of people said here, but dang, things happened pretty quickly in this episode. I think I've said this before, but the pacing is kind of bad in this anime, the episodes just don't seem to flow very smoothly. It's too bad they seem to be rushing things.

Poor Rentarou, it's quite surprising though that he was able to heal so quickly after being brutally stabbed and shot and basically pummeled by Hiruko and his daughter.
Apr 22, 2014 12:40 PM

Sep 2011
This series is getting cheesier by the episode.
Apr 22, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2013
I couldn't help but laugh when Rentarou got on Enju's shoulders during the chase scene. It looked hilarious.
Apr 22, 2014 12:49 PM

May 2013
How the heck did Rentaro survive that, and even weirder is that he was able to go searching for Hiruko a day after many of his organs had been badly damaged, he also got shot in what looked like his heart.
I'm only watching this series for Hiruko, he steals the show every time he's on screen.
Apr 22, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
I wonder what Sensei did to Rentaro in the past since it's unforgivable... Maybe that's the reason why he didn't die, possibly some sort of immortality :3
Apr 22, 2014 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
Masked man is still a mystery to me
Apr 22, 2014 1:35 PM

Feb 2012
The OST is simply amazing.
Apr 22, 2014 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
The more I watch it, the less I care about it. The masked man was interesting in the first episode, now he's just boring and generic. And his daughter is even worse. Meh.
-
Apr 22, 2014 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
Poor Enju in the beginning. I'm probably the only one who doesn't mind the pacing but thats probably because I didn't read the manga. Kohina (Kagetane's daughter) still my favorite character.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 22, 2014 1:44 PM

Apr 2012
As inappropriate as it is, I couldn't help it but laugh when Enju carries Rentarou to run away from the gastrea.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 22, 2014 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
poor thing of Enju, even so it is nonetheless kawaii
all lolis in this anime appear to be fluffy kkk
Rentarou back from the dead in this episode
and I expect a great fight for the next

tadinha da Enju, mesmo assim não deixa de ser kawaii
todas as lolis deste anime parecem ser fofas kkk
Rentarou voltou dos mortos nesse episodio
e espero uma grande luta para o próximo
Apr 22, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2013
I suppose this anime is the most enjoyable when you didn't read tha LN and/or the manga beforehand.

I still like it, though...
Apr 22, 2014 2:08 PM

Mar 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
Masked man is still a mystery to me

For everyone who hasn't read the manga/novel.

When the masked man said "Good Night" I automatically remembered of Shimokawa from Beelzebub ahahahah

This keeps getting better! Let's see what happens next *-*
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.