Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 30, 2016 10:48 AM

Nov 2011
This anime is wonderful treasure trove of friendship, subtle yuri and gifs. Oh and also cuteness.
Aug 30, 2016 11:25 AM

Dec 2012
Loved how Aoba and Nene were both worried about how the other was doing on their own after high school. Such a sweet friendship they have. :3
Aug 30, 2016 11:59 AM

Feb 2015
Panties > Check!
No Bug Confirmed!!!

LMAO, i like that scene a lot xD especially when the director came in and was talking about to add another specs about showing panties. hidden specs more spesifically xD that was so funny xD

the relationship between Yagami and Rin strikes again xD dat "Feed me" scene was so cute, or more like too cute xD

and last one, the relaxing bath if i'm not wrong. man....i want to feel that too. not only taking that kind of bath, after that, they just straight sleep on that place. must be relaxing....

looking foward to the next episode...
Aug 30, 2016 12:33 PM

Apr 2014
Bath...mmm
Sakura...man she is fun to watch.
Aug 30, 2016 1:07 PM

Jul 2016
This is so cute that I am going to die. Hifumin best girl!!!!

But I also like Hajime because she is my type of girl.

This show put me happy and in existential conflict. You know, the KoRin ship is bigger than Earth!
Aug 30, 2016 3:57 PM

Oct 2008
Hifumi got those perfect curves! yummy sexy!
Nene-chi found the hidden feature of the game! upskirt panchira!
So many yuri vibes between Kou & Rin, & Rin wants to be fed... how sweet!
Umiko top charts strictness! poor Nene-chi her workstation got closer and moved near Umiko because of herplaying around and divided attention between Aoba & her work!
5/5.

Aug 30, 2016 6:34 PM
Mar 2015
This show has an all-female cast and has me, a male, utterly captivated. I imagine a lot of men love this show, and that's remarkable. Not that I have any business critically viewing a Japanese cartoon through the lens of American feminism, but I'm doing just that. Ok.

But maybe it shouldn't be such a surprise that the show appeals to a general audience. After all, men love cute girls, and there are quite a few depictions of partially nude young women on this show. Also, this is a slice-of-life show set in the workplace, and some workplace themes are universal. Who can't identify with a character who has a nutty boss?

Still, this show is really something special. The characters are authentic and there are heartwarming scenes galore. All viewers, not just women, will identify with the characters, but the womanliness of the characters is still integral to the story. That's the ideal.
Aug 30, 2016 8:34 PM

Aug 2014
Nice episode; lots of face-squirting.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 30, 2016 8:53 PM

Nov 2011
You can describe this episode in one word: Delicious.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 31, 2016 12:31 AM

Jun 2013
I dont know what it is, but there is just something about this anime that is so much better than most CGDCT anime
Also..... Hifumi is Bae
Aug 31, 2016 12:34 AM

Jun 2013
Meta_Yoshi said:
Oh boy, Hifumi treated us lucky viewers to some sweet fanservice of her in the shower! >v<

Other shows recently have a tendency to go overboard with their fanservice and can make it dull at times, but New Game has managed to keep it balanced and fresh. =)

Despite her constant scolding of Sakura, I'm sure Umiko has taken a liking to her quite a bit now. That could be another reason she moved Sakura to work next to her! =D

Great episode again, and with only 4 episodes left, I'm starting to wish that this show will have a second season someday.....

Well the manga is actually extremely popular in Japan, so there is a decent chance the anime will sell well, so their is probably a decent chance it might get a season two one day :)
Aug 31, 2016 2:29 AM

Jul 2010
Kou x Rin OTP. They're like a married couple.
Aug 31, 2016 4:00 AM

Feb 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
Meta_Yoshi said:
Oh boy, Hifumi treated us lucky viewers to some sweet fanservice of her in the shower! >v<

Other shows recently have a tendency to go overboard with their fanservice and can make it dull at times, but New Game has managed to keep it balanced and fresh. =)

Despite her constant scolding of Sakura, I'm sure Umiko has taken a liking to her quite a bit now. That could be another reason she moved Sakura to work next to her! =D

Great episode again, and with only 4 episodes left, I'm starting to wish that this show will have a second season someday.....

Well the manga is actually extremely popular in Japan, so there is a decent chance the anime will sell well, so their is probably a decent chance it might get a season two one day :)

Well, that's good to hear then. =)

Also, nice avatar btw. =D
Aug 31, 2016 6:10 AM

Oct 2014
I'm not really a big fan of fan service but this anime is awesome creating those.

I hope we see Hifumi on her cosplay costume soon.
Aug 31, 2016 6:45 AM

Jun 2014
This is a masterpiece! raising my rating to 10/10
Aug 31, 2016 8:21 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, the glorious bath episode.

Rin certainly isn't being subtle regarding her affection towards Kou... Not that I'm complaining, however. Plenty of Hajime moments as well, not to mention Umiko's grand theft loli. Aoba is also surprisingly mature, as always.
Aug 31, 2016 11:35 AM

Jul 2009
Its impossible to not ship Kou and Rin...really...

Hifumi sure have a great body.
Aug 31, 2016 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
a hidden feature that let's see the panties of an NPC! holy crap man lol
Aug 31, 2016 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
Good episode with great yuri tones between Kou and Rin........we all approve!!!

Loving Nenecchi and her random silly acts. Also Umiko licking the cream looking at her and smirking.......shit is brewing.
Aug 31, 2016 6:07 PM

Jan 2008
Nene really knows how to find them 'secrets'. I won't lie, I do that too when I play JRPGs.

Nice shower and bathing scenes. The scenes always animated so well.

Umiko's got a predators look when licking her lips. Is she after Nene?!
Aug 31, 2016 10:41 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, original anime scenes? I don't remember those scenes in the manga.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 1, 2016 7:54 AM

Sep 2008
Aoba wasn't really featured that much in this episode, all the characters got about equal screen time. I don't mind because it's a great cast, I don't think there is any character I dislike which is rare for a group this large. And so many yuri ships are sailing around. Great show.
Sep 1, 2016 8:31 PM
Sep 2014
Talon184 said:
I agree. I don't think Umiko moved Nenecchi closer to her desk to make sure she keeps busy, but, rather, because she likes her company. They make a good pair =)

In the manga it's clear that she moved Nene next to her simply because she was screwing around too much, IIRC.

Anyway, this episode is completely anime-original. However, it does reveal some of Aoba's backstory, which was only fleshed out in volume 5 of the manga.
Sep 2, 2016 7:58 AM

Sep 2008
Paul said:

Umiko's got a predators look when licking her lips. Is she after Nene?!

I'm sure she just wants to make sure that Nene is wearing her pantsu. That might require a physical inspection.
Sep 3, 2016 8:11 AM

Mar 2016
LoneWizard said:

Here you go o_o

good stuff

Bless this guy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sep 3, 2016 3:09 PM

Jun 2014
People really do love the fanservice this ep lol.

Psyren_Rose said:
Kou x Rin OTP. They're like a married couple.

I have to agree on this one. Pretty sweet. And here I thought making congee for for the poorly is just a Chinese tradition - never even realized the Japanese eat it too... s this pairing is pretty much canon now, but it looks like they'll be pairing off others too (Umiko x Nenechi, Aoi x Hifumi not quite there yet).
Sep 4, 2016 7:32 AM

Jul 2015
Ahahaha Nenechi glitching the camera. The managers are off having yuri and heart felt moments, so the girls are messing around more. Also bath scene fan service and some much deserved Hifumi. She doesn't do much, so just her being a little active is nice.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 5, 2016 1:06 AM

Mar 2009
Rin and Ko are so cute together. They need to get married already.
Glorious Hifumi fanservice.

You can tell that underneath it all, Umiko really likes Nene.
Sep 5, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2011
Me, when I see Space Dandy fans.
Sep 9, 2016 10:25 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I dig those RinKou vibes. I wouldn't be surprised if they're already a thing and they just aren't saying so-- cause that happens too sometimes. Maybe not though. We can pretend. We can at least assume there's some type of romantic interest there even if it's one-sided; I don't know too many people who want someone else to feed them like that while blushing pretty much. And she wasn't that sick.

itszayeric said:
Bless you, child. Such a cute gif.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 18, 2016 5:01 AM

Nov 2011
Also great as this episode, wish it could last a infinite this anime series. Narrative construction from all points of view, graphically is great, animations worthy of such beauty. I want more!
Heck ! I did not think Umiko became so present in the narrative, his friendship with Nenecchi, is becoming more and more solid, LOL.
Sep 24, 2016 6:11 AM

May 2012
All that service this episode :3 oh boy oh boy!
Sep 30, 2016 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
Really liked the fanservice in this episode, Hifumi has body of goddess!

And the post-credits scene where Umiko stole Nene was also marvellous!
Oct 9, 2016 8:21 AM

Jan 2013
Another decent episode, with more fan-service than usual.
Nov 15, 2016 9:02 PM

Mar 2015
That bath-house lodge kinda thing looks awesome as heck, too bad it seems to be a Japan-only thing.

Hifumi <333
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 28, 2016 3:20 AM

Nov 2013
Umiko is not gonna share her cute loli with the others.
Jan 8, 2017 4:04 PM

Nov 2016
I really enjoyed this episode a lot. There were some good moments I really liked. The dandy references that Hajime, Yun, and even Nene quoted were really funny and it was very good. I felt bad that Rin got sick during one of the important times they need to finish developing their game but at least Kogami was there to take care of her. They sure do have good chemistry together and when Kogami was feeding Rin food I thought it was really sweet of her to do that. I noticed when Nene was talking to Umiko about how she and Aoba used to go the same art college but Aoba had wanted to pursue her dreams to work full-time was really something. Nene was probably inspired by how Aoba had wanted to do something that she enjoys doing and has fun with it. Umiko was probably impressed to see how Nene had been friends with Aoba for a long time.

Second half of the episode was enjoyable. I'm not into fanservice a lot these days but I think they did pretty well on keeping it at a balance that I'm OK with so far. The girls enjoying themselves at the bathhouse was really nice to see. I will agree that Hifumi is getting to be more of a character that I love to see her interacting with everyone and plus she's has an attractive body as well. Hehe. Same thing goes to Hajime with her too.

It's too bad that Kogami got sick along with Rin so that puts pressure on the team to do what they can to finish developing the game. I never would have thought that Umiko wanted Nene to sit next to her near the end cause I think Umiko was kind of happy that she has someone she can work with side by side but also becoming good friends with her too.

Well, I'm looking forward to the next episode! :)
Jan 9, 2017 3:18 PM
Dec 2009
If you have to pull an all nighter, stopping by the public bath before going home definitely makes it better!! Glad Nene is getting used to her job too, she seems to be really childish for a college student though I guess that's her character.
Feb 10, 2017 4:30 AM

Dec 2016
Lmao a panty shot to open the show.

I could never stay up that late, especially working in the process.

Good on Ko for looking after Rin like that, shame she also got sick.
Mar 31, 2017 12:45 PM

Sep 2014
I lol'd at Nenecchi watching the villager's white pantsu (I confess I've done this on several video games, too).

Looks like the show keeps shipping Yagami and Rin. So cute! >////< I approve.

I didn't know there are open onsen at 2AM, even if they're expensive. The more you know. (We also got some fanservice. omg Hifumi looked amazing! Best girl! I want to see her cosplaying.)

Looks like people around here doesn't really like Nenecchi being annoying. At least she keeps being punished by Umiko from time to time. Direct supervision from now on! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mwahaha

P.S.: Dandy Dandy Dandy! Dandy was awesome! Dandy fans unite! >mfw my signature is Space Dandy themed

LhasApsMar 31, 2017 12:52 PM
Apr 6, 2017 2:50 AM

Sep 2016
damn umeko licking herself is so hot
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 6, 2017 1:06 PM
Jul 2016
Too much Nenecchi
May 11, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2017
Hifumis butt was really cute in this episode, giggity. Hifumi is best girl.
Jul 5, 2017 3:46 PM

Feb 2008
Rin and Kou should just get married already.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jul 29, 2017 8:45 AM
May 2016
Hifumi Takimoto..

The things you do to me <3 <3 <3
Aug 4, 2017 9:43 AM

Apr 2015
Nene finding the panty shots.../r/me_irl. I'm a bit surprised they had to adjust their whole schedule to work this "feature" in, yet at the same time there's the issue of what would happen if they didn't. Underwearless characters, lewd chaos, Japanese censorship law, recalls...

Kou and Rin were definitely having a yuribait-riffic time off together sick. The hot springs gave some nice Hajime fanservice.

Nene's sitting next to Umiko now because she's a bad girl who can't stay focused :3 Seems like Umiko's getting a kick out of it, though...
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 23, 2017 1:21 PM
Dec 2015
Hifumi is T H I C C

Also, Rin x Ko!!!
Shipping it like there's no tomorrow! >:)
Aug 30, 2017 3:23 PM

Jul 2012
Rin x Ko is also my ship.

Also, that's certainly a different form of feature creep.
Nov 26, 2017 12:36 PM

Oct 2017
This is what I call fanservice at its very best. Hifumi has the best body out of all 4, but I think Hajime doesn't get the same focus.

Umiko enslaved a loli in his desk, not that Nenecchi deserved it, but she was wandering too much all over the place and considering that she does a really good work debugging (and searching for panties shots too), Nene just needs a bit of discipline. I also felt that Umiko got a bit jealous that Aoba and Nene are extremely close friends.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

233 by Delphantasist »»
May 3, 2:19 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

102 by kitoha »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 9:19 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

105 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 6:41 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

118 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 5, 3:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.