Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 3, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2010
New OP and ED rocks.
Sengoku against Ararararagi, what a twist ..
Oct 4, 2013 9:27 AM

Mar 2010
Zilpzalp said:
In contrast to that, Nadeko is one uninteresting child which adds nothing to the story but just gets herself into trouble over dumb shit.

I hope this arc is over soon. 2/5

And it is funny how Nadeko would be the last boss that threatens Araragi and Senjougahara's well being through the Second Season series.
No characters in Monogatari series are irrelevant to the story going on in the series. Every fucking character in this series is important.
Thus your argument is invalid here, though I do respect your opinion.
Oct 6, 2013 7:15 AM

Sep 2012
Zilpzalp said:
I dont understand why so many of you think this was a great episode.
Nadeko is not interesting at all. She is a very dull, boring character.
But I can understand why you don't think this was a great episode. Because you happen to not like the main character in it but nothing whatsoever due to how well the anime adapts from the LN, meaning that even if this is adapted and executed very well you are still going to trash it. So instead of asking people why they think this is a great episode, why don't you start with asking why so many of us think Nadeko is an interesting or appealing character?

Anyway, I am also of the opinion that this is a great episode LOL
symbvOct 6, 2013 7:24 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 10, 2013 2:56 AM

Sep 2009
I'm surprised by how many people prefer this OP over the others (seemingly because it's "darker"). Not saying it's a bad opening, I like it...but not as much as the others.

EDIT: Also, I don't think I like what's becoming of Nadeko.
saxophone15Oct 10, 2013 3:02 AM
Oct 15, 2013 5:54 AM

Apr 2009
Holy... that was a crazy introduction to the next arc. Otorimonogatari and Nadeko Medusa, huh. The story is told In medias res and not from the actual start. I don't know if that's how it is in the novels too, but it's a damn good way to start with a bang! Especially with a transformed Nadeko in the middle of a fight to the death opposite a seriously wounded Koyomi and Shinobu. I can only hope this ends well, but I have a lingering grim feeling it can go the other way, too.

New Nadeko OP has that strangely negative feel to it as a marked contrast to the upbeat Renai Circulation from Bakemonogatari, but I still like it.

New ED as well. I'm gonna need quite some time to get used to it, especially since I'm not familiar with the artist unlike all the other past Monogatari EDs (all of which I've come to love, and I hope I do too for this one).
Oct 28, 2013 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
I really like the OP based on its relation to Ren'ai Circulation. The parallels are pretty creepy.
Nov 5, 2013 7:33 PM

Nov 2009
Baddie007 said:
Sacrificed snakes wanting payback, evil.

^ pretty much this
why are you accepting nadeko!? D:
Jan 4, 2014 10:56 PM

Oct 2012
Well, that a weird way to start an arc
RIP Loli Siscon xD

OP.. Oh well it's a bit dark but it suited for this arc.. maybe?
From "zutto zutto" to "zenbu zenbu zenbu zenbu"

ED.... Oh well Monogatari's ED always that dark
"Signature removed"
Jan 9, 2014 9:37 AM

Oct 2012
EPIC
We got all we need to know about Nadeko in her own brief description ( that was kind off weird )
Nadeko is crazy as fuck (lol) , that bike fail by Ougi ( she is the only character i cannot trust ). And men that Snake...
Jan 18, 2014 2:53 PM

May 2012
Oh wow this was good! That new character is quite interesting as well and well as I just love this character the story is focusing on things sure will get quite lovely in the next coming episodes plus what an amazing ED!
Jan 20, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2009
Good episode, i really like the new ending :)
Feb 10, 2014 11:18 PM

Mar 2012
Liking the arc so far, I guess I ranted about the OST a bit too early, this episode had a good OST to it, really added to the scenes a lot better than the OSTs of the previous arcs.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 11, 2014 5:50 AM

Oct 2013
I liked it.
Feb 26, 2014 4:00 PM

Jul 2013
I love the OP, the start of the episode was crazy!
Apr 6, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2010
I thought I skipped an episode while watching the intro. lol
Anyway, seems like another interesting arc.
And oh, I just realized Ougi's last name was Oshino. Hope to see more of her.

tomtomr92 said:
Man i love how the OP feels like the Original but 100% more ominous, evil, depressing etc.

Same thoughts here..
Apr 7, 2014 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
one of the better OPs in monogatari.

i dont really get why she said she would have agreed to the snakes demands when at the start of the ep it was stated that she loves koyomi, even though it seemed as if she knew was was going to have to fight him.
:s
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 15, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhhh! My poor Nadeko, what have you done! Accepting that request was like bitting in a poisoned apple while knowing it.

Dat beginning scene... How will they come to the point that Araragi say without any restraint ''I came here to kill you''. Never thought I would hear that from him.

So the snake as returned, but he seem angrier than ever. Don't mess with the snake.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 30, 2014 3:43 PM

Aug 2012
Ougi's hair is strange, for some reason.

Also, I wonder why she seems to be deliberately concealing her hands.
Jun 3, 2014 6:14 AM

Mar 2014
Nadeko Medusa... Begins!!!
Background check for sengoku nadeko!!
Here we go again with some bloody gore fighting...
Sengoku is playing the villain right now!? woah.. That is some astonishing truth.
The Yandere Hebi ... damn must be hard for her .. Jealously, Anger, hate and Envy...
but she looks beautiful on medusa form somehow in some point.
Ougi again... Looks so pale white as ever..
Basically... from being minor she got promoted into a major event on the season.
The Jagirinawa is really turning her more in to her own inner desires into negative acts..
That Hebi irritates me like shit with that voice. is it some snake from Adam and eve story!?
I am guessing Kuchinawa has some grudge with her . She killed off many of his kinds for the sake of getting rid of that curse anyways.
Now , Sengoku has been officially the antagonist of her own arc/story.
Somehow Sengoku is so weak on dealing with kind of things . Dang , I just hope for her to be confident enough when facing this dangers...
Good Episode !!!
End card liked for Sengoku Nadeko !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2014 7:10 PM

Sep 2013
love the snake
loved the opening
don't really care for nadeko though

hopefully this arc will (and most likely) be interesting
wow
Jul 13, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2012
Ougi is a pretty funny character. I like how she was portrayed as a jiangshi.

And that OP. It's even better than Renai Circulation and catchy as Platinum Disco.
ShigureJul 31, 2014 7:56 PM
Aug 11, 2014 2:57 AM

Jul 2012
Shinobu perfect as always
Sep 4, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2012
can someone tell me name of the ost right after op ends ? please D:
Jan 7, 2015 9:01 AM

Dec 2014
Notice that the OP indicates a stark contrast with Renai Circulation. It shows how fked and messed up Sengoku had become. And tbh, I hated her 'playing the victim' personality ever since the start.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2015 12:41 AM

Nov 2014
Pretentious dialog was pretentious. I'm starting to hate this season more than Nisemonogatari.
Feb 27, 2015 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
The arc of Nadeko, is not it started in a calm way, but I have not found very exciting storytelling in the end.
However the first few minutes are quite interesting because for once we have a bit of blood and malice in combat.
Drawings as good quality, the ending is nice.
Mar 15, 2015 7:09 AM

May 2014
That awesome OP, that gore view of Araragi, that medusa ... another amazing arc just started!
Apr 1, 2015 6:49 PM

Jun 2014
That start was weird in a good way. Also oshino girl creeps me out too much :/.
Aug 13, 2015 12:51 PM

Jul 2014
S-Word said:
This show is pretty weak when it tries to be serious instead of tossing around jokes.

Yeah.

Anyway, if I had a nickel for every time this show bored me, I'd have exactly that same amount of nickels.

1/5
Sep 24, 2015 6:24 PM

Sep 2014
You can't be a victim anymore. Ep 12.

Plot: An interlude into the future reveals Nadeko with a snake Oddity in a deadly battle with Shinobu and Koyomi. It doesn't bode well for the vampires. In the present Nadeko is told off by Ougi on her status as a victim and how she won't be able to keep up the facade anymore. After some hallucinations with white snakes, Nadeko meets the Big Boss Snake Kuchinawa and finds out she must "atone" for those snakes she murdered back when she was cursed.

Character: Ougi seems to be the catalyst for many things this season. I can't help but wonder if she is malicious or just a necessary thing for those inflicted by Oddities,

Nadeko's spot as a victim leaves me with many questions and I'm eager to learn. Her "atonement" for those snakes she killed was something I forgot about but does make sense for why she's targeted now. Except Kuchinawa treats it like a "you spilled something in my restaurant, please pay for it" kind of thing.

His saying of Nadeko not saying I'm sorry but what can I do to atone/make up for it is another thing. Is her not saying sorry a way of not acknowledging her mistake thus her trying to hold onto the victim label? Or the fact that it could it be argued that she is a victim because she is being forced to do something by a beast she has no way of going against? Hm...

Animation/sound: The OP was wonderful. It perfectly encapsulates what might happen in this arc and is just a delight to hear. The reverse of what you think you know.

4/5. A strong start to a previously thought saved character. Who knows how this will end.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Oct 17, 2015 3:22 PM

Oct 2012
Well, that was quite a change for Nadeko - but why Medusa? We still don't know much about her.

And on the other hand Ougi seems to know much. Maybe way too much... she almost acts as if writer put its own character into the story. Or from perspective of viewer. It's really weird, I wonder who she is.

So it seems Nadeko is subconsciously putting herself into victim's position just to make herself a reason to contact onii-chan and see him? That's pretty dangerous thing there and it's no wonder those snakes appeared again as she summoned them willingly.

And whoever is Kuchinawa... one of her predecessors perhaps?

Pretty slow start though, and not very interesting premise so far but let's hope this gets better.
Anyway, new ED was great!
Jan 14, 2016 10:10 AM

Sep 2015
Good start to a new arc... And damn, Ougi is so weird... But I like her, even with those scary eyes o.O
Mar 29, 2016 4:45 PM

May 2015
Oshino Ougi seems extremely suspicious... Also Araragi getting torn to pieces again :/ New OP is the best so far though.
Apr 3, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
What a way to start an arc! Amazing action.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 4, 2016 9:26 AM
May 2010
eminagnam said:
Nadeko had liked Araragi before, yet now she is his enemy due to the snake deity? Since she killed 100,000 snakes, it's understandable the snake deity held a grudge against her. But the reason she killed so many snakes is because the deity possessed her at first and she attempted to exorcise the deity from herself by killing snakes? In this respect, she was like a victim of car accident. (In this case, a victim of the snake accident.) I feel sorry for her.

You have a very important part of that wrong. The snake deity hadn't possessed her, a spell that shouldn't have worked worked on her because she started killing the snakes at that shrine.

Had she not killed the snakes, nothing would have happened, and she was making it worse by killing those snakes, infact, she would never have been possessed at all had she killed them, so she is the victim of taking something too seriously, and dealing with it in the incorrect manner. Yet, at the same time, she was the one whom carried out those acts and so she's also the one whom willingly killed all those snakes that ended up making herself become possessed and therefore made her keep killing snakes incorrectly.
May 2, 2016 4:13 AM

Jul 2008
Holy shit Nadeko what the fuck did you just do?!
May 21, 2016 3:20 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
First episode of Otori-- and returns Sengoku and its relationship with snakes appear. The first scene is great, the rest is business as usual.

--
Primer episodio de Otori-- y vuelve aparecer Sengoku y su relación con las serpientes. La primera escena es genial, el resto es lo de siempre.
Aug 27, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2013
Sigh... poor Nadeko-chan.
She's just a little girl that doesn't know any better.
Sep 22, 2016 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm was a bit boring at times, Nadeko's thoughts are not as interesting as the ones from other characters in Monogatari. But I hope it'll improve :3
Nov 15, 2016 8:43 PM

Sep 2015
Never was a fan of snakes but I love Nadeko!
Mar 11, 2017 1:31 PM
Apr 2016
My favorite episode so far of Monogatari while going in airing order..

The last track played while she was at the shrine, talking to the snake, blew me away (clarinets can be one of my favorite instruments when played in this style).
Jun 25, 2017 2:42 PM
May 2012
favorite onii-chan: koyomi onii-chan
Oct 5, 2017 1:36 PM

Jan 2017
Jeez, it's impressive how much i still hate Sengoku.

Such an amazing start for this arc. Super hyped about it. I hope Shinobu drains her, every last bit of it.

Die Sengoku, die.

Btw i know this won't happen in a million years because well, Araragi-kun, but still, it's great to be able to dream.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 7, 2017 9:58 AM

Jun 2016
I don't even know what to say about this whole episode since I can't stand Nadeko. Jeez. But glad Ougi's appearance saved this episode. Lmfao. So, she's Oshino's niece. Nice. <3 I love her so much really. She's the most gorgeous person I've ever seen in Monogatari series. Gaaaah.

Holy shit that's a large-ass snake. Taylor Swift? Lmfao. Naaah, it's an insult to snakes and to us Slytherins. Pffft.

What the fuck is up with that yandere Nadeko!?! Holy shit. Lmfao. How fucking dare you hurt Araragi and Shinobu? You bastard! Foh!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 24, 2018 1:43 PM

Dec 2016
Sengoku nooooooooo!!!! All I can think of now is the "you were the chosen one!" meme from Star Wars.

:'( sengoku :'(
there's no way she's actually going to die right......?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 7, 2018 6:28 AM

May 2018
Wow!! I'm loving this new bow, which is focusing more on Nadeko. This opening was clearly made to be the macabre version of Renai Circulation. This first episode has already arrested me like this, let's see how it will unfold to the end. Oshino Ougi is creepy ...

10/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Jan 29, 2019 2:12 AM

Jul 2012
Starting off this arc with such an intense scene like that was brilliant. It just left me thinking most of the episode about how and why things have to escalate to that level. It probably would've been a bit boring if we started at the beginning with Nadeko walking to school and letting it play out from there.

What exactly did Nadeko do to make even Koyomi, of all people, resolve to destroy her? :/

We also get more of Ougi in this episode. She's Meme Oshino's niece? She also seems to know a lot about the things that will happen. I wanna think she's also a time traveler, but I thought we were done with that last arc haha. I guess we'll see more of what she's about as this series goes on.
Apr 28, 2019 8:19 PM
Apr 2016
Time for a Sengoku arc! Well, snakes...damn, they're so..uhh...uncomfortable (?) Well, this is getting good! The previous arc was way more intriguing though.
May 18, 2019 1:32 AM

Dec 2018
That Oshino Ougi talk like she is the author of the story. And it will be a shame if her prediction turns out to be wrong right? So for the sake of glorifying her , her prediction will turns out to be true. Yes, Sengoku will be the one's doing it now.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 30, 2019 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder what happened to Nadeko that made her like that

The new OP is so creepy
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

732 by Theprophet334 »»
Aug 28, 7:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.