Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 25, 2011 1:05 PM

Jul 2007
This show has been nothing but crap since the second episode.
May 25, 2011 5:53 PM
Sep 2010
Scud said:
This show has been nothing but crap since the second episode.

This one was pretty hard.
Well i think this episode was better than the others, like ep 5 for example (Ohana was such an idiot there)
Her actions in this episode 8 were more mature.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

May 25, 2011 6:49 PM

Sep 2008
Wow. I seriously can't wait for the next episode. D:
May 25, 2011 9:33 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good episode, but seems to be more setting up for the next one. I don't think that they should have "prioritized" the customers (even though it might make sense? I dunno lol) because what if THEY WERE WRONG? Obvious thought is obvious lol. Also, are we FINALLY gonna see Ko next episode? XD
Hmm, new ED was pretty good as well. How many are there gonna be? XD
May 26, 2011 3:49 AM

Jan 2010
Hoppy said:
I hope Okamisan doesn't die in this series or the novel, we don't want Ohana or Minko snapping.
Yeah. That kind of snapping when someone close to you dies wouldn't suit this anime.
May 26, 2011 12:19 PM

Feb 2011
now getting serious
can't wait next episode
May 27, 2011 4:58 AM
Apr 2010
In all honesty, Ohana going all the way to the city NOT KNOWING WHERE he is was a bit much for me. I really can't see any normal person doing it. I mean, sure they're dedicated to their work, but come on; the guy has a wedding to attend to.
May 27, 2011 6:20 PM

Sep 2008
Lots of things wrong with this anime but I continue to want to watch, its just one of "thoseee"..... >_>
May 28, 2011 12:49 AM

Jan 2009
Ohana has become quite the reliable one :)
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
May 28, 2011 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
Cliff hanger ending? lolwut?

Nice episodes as always

4/5
May 28, 2011 10:58 PM

May 2010
Does episode 9 come out today?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 30, 2011 2:49 AM

Oct 2008
Kico7 said:
Her actions in this episode 8 were more mature.

err...yeah....like jumping on a train in her yukata (whatever its called) and going all the way to the city to pull a guy out of a wedding because the head chef is all of a sudden super nervous because there are like 10 customers instead of the usual 2...........................
and in the time it takes for her do actually find the guy, she could've remained at work where she would be better off considering the help they needed. Also what's to say she can convince the guy to bail on the wedding? reckless behaviour is not mature behaviour
May 30, 2011 3:45 PM

Apr 2009
Tensions tensions. :D
Poor Kou as usual.
May 31, 2011 4:03 AM

Oct 2010
i wasn't really looking forward to this episode, but it was better then my expectations and i am actually looking forward to next weeks show.
Jun 2, 2011 11:22 PM

Aug 2009
"My hand slipped, nya." :)
chiquit0621Jun 2, 2011 11:25 PM

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jun 3, 2011 11:57 AM

May 2010
The cliffhanger. lolwut??

I don't know how will things wrap up next ep.
Jun 5, 2011 7:50 AM

May 2010
Is it just me or did the chef coughed into his hand and he started making food again...?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 5, 2011 9:09 PM

Feb 2010
Oh snap Ko is coming and Ohana is out getting Tohru! For like a minute straight when Ohana opened that door I thought it was going to be something special but it ended in a cliffhanger and I realized it was just the credits song. So far this series been really enjoyable so far... I hope Okamisan stays long in the series hope nothing bad happens.

So far this series been really enjoyable so far and this arc is going to be good.
Jun 12, 2011 1:52 PM
Sep 2009
And Kou dashes into the scene...

And that was quite the cliffy, I wonder what Ohana saw.
Jun 24, 2011 9:03 AM
Mar 2011
i really like it when they use different endings like that regarding the theme
Jun 30, 2011 12:54 AM

Jan 2010
I really hope Ohana will end up with Ko and Tohru with Minko! XD
Nov 9, 2011 2:21 PM

Jul 2010
I KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. I just do.:
Tohru will take Ohana on his motorcycle back to the inn. Tohru will be blushing (obviously). Then, Ko will be on the way to the inn right then. He'll see Tohru and Ohana speeding by, and immediately he'll get SUPER sad.
WATCH. This will happen! I'm so excited!!
Nov 28, 2011 3:58 PM

Oct 2009
Wow, is this me or has the gone for a serious turn? :S
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2011 1:48 AM

Jun 2011
fishergirl16 said:
Tohru will take Ohana on his motorcycle back to the inn. Tohru will be blushing (obviously). Then, Ko will be on the way to the inn right then. He'll see Tohru and Ohana speeding by, and immediately he'll get SUPER sad.

LOl, I also think it will end up like that too!

At first I was quite worried when Takako starts her idea of patronizing customers and service them differently. Luckily Ohana managed to call for help and went searching for Tohru.

More Ohana x Tohru development??
Feb 13, 2012 9:40 PM

Jan 2009
DEM CLIFFHANGER
Feb 26, 2012 12:45 PM

Nov 2010
Turning point for the Inn's Business.
Bit strange for the Grandma/Manager if you look back from episode 1
she was portrayed very unlikeable.

Ko Chan appears soon to get back to his friend (love)
Aug 2, 2012 7:47 PM

Jul 2012
Well, first off: I hate that business consultant, and I hate Enishi who keep calling her in. WTF is going wrong with him. Doesn't he realized that everything will be worse if they follow her suggestion? Is he in love with her or something? I almost dropped right in the middle of this EP because of her. She is so annoying, and her appearance is still too close to the last time.

I do like Ohana at the end though. Finally she say something that made me appreciate her more, that they should treat customers equally. I think this showed us that her character has developed and she cares about the Onsen, not just 'live' there.

The appearance of Ko-Chan surprised me though. I hope that there won't be no drama between them, as I am still shipping Ohana x Ko, even I know most of you took him out of the equation already.

The ED for this episode is nice, but I feel like it's a little Vocaloid-ey. Nothing wrong with it though, just sounds synthetic.

For this EP, I'm giving 4/5 for the first part up to when the manager got sick, 1/5 when the consultant appear, as she doesn't have to appear at all, and 5/5 when Ohana walked in and go find chef.

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Oct 13, 2012 3:22 PM

Apr 2012
Is it just me or was Yuina's outfit in the beginning of the episode just adorable!?
Nov 22, 2012 3:03 PM

May 2012
Just a fantastic episode I do wonder why the inn gets so much attention all of the sudden, but the part where ko played was also something nice, and I look forward to see his scene in the next episode! I do wonder what she saw on the ending! Lets find out next!
Mar 25, 2013 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
A better episode then last.
Though I'm finding this isn't the type of anime I like.
Jun 21, 2013 8:49 AM

Nov 2008
fishergirl16 said:

Lol!! Exactly what I think. Probably this is what we fangirls would expect :P
Jul 3, 2013 8:24 PM

Nov 2012
yes! XD it is just getting serious now! XD

tohru where are you?! -_-
looks like kou-chan is come in next episode.. XD

damnn.. it is just getting interesting and awesome XD
Aug 31, 2013 3:03 AM

Nov 2012
Argg, damn why'd they had to make that Ohana opening the the door to a wedding a cliffhanger? Oh well, because of it I'm pumped up for the next episode!

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 6, 2013 3:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was a pretty effective cliffhanger!

The business consultant has some fantastic Engriz skills, but really no idea on how to run an old style onsen inn.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 16, 2013 11:44 AM
May 2011
watching the episode right now, and it looks like it's gonna be like "3 men in the snow" without the snow
Sep 10, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2014
Omg, wtf is wrong with ren?! XD XD XD
also, tomoe X enishi? is he too old?
Mar 15, 2015 7:36 PM

Jun 2013
I seriously cannot get enough of this anime!
May 1, 2015 2:10 AM

Dec 2009
Aw, poor Ko!
Jul 19, 2015 8:13 PM

Jul 2012
I wish I could tell the difference between all of Yuina’s different accents haha.

The loved the short scene when Ohana said she'll call the ambulance. The cuts from one character's reaction to another, the music coming in, and the screen slightly shaking. I love the directing of this show.

Looks like Ko's finally coming to make this story interesting. I wonder if Ohana and Touru will bump into Ko on the way back and how Touru will react when Ohana's the one to come get him.

That cliffhanger! I wonder how much time it took Ohana to get there. They're down another staff member, but hopefully, she'll be able to get Touru to come back for the day. I thought they would borrow a chef from Yuina's Inn like how they borrowed Touru.

The new ED song for this episode! I wanna listen to that some more :3
Jul 2, 2016 1:08 PM
Jan 2012
nice soundtrack this anime and ever/all episodes.
The responsability for recept all clients the day have much clients.
Surprise of me about book of records the pension.
Ko-chan arrived. I hope ohana see and meeting Ko-chan the pension.
Aug 24, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2015
Manager-san gets sick, Ren-san gets swallowed by pressure, too many customers at the inn and that one of them is the mystery guest that will decide their rankings, no Tohru-san, that annoying consultant is back, this episode just can't get any worse no :D Let the pressure game begins
May 15, 2017 12:03 AM

Jun 2013
(I accidentally watched this episode before episode 7. Oops.)

It was okay. There were fewer things that annoyed me this time. Ohana was running around, all active and stuff, with a couple of fun reactions, so that's nice. It's also nice that there was no Tohru-kun this time!

Interesting observations, I agree with most of them. And I'm only now considering how significant it is that Ohana stood by the manager's principles this time, as she has been mostly against her grandmother's philosophies (even in this very episode, she was annoyed by the idea that for the manager, literally everything seems to be about the guests). Well, this is actually one of her policies that I actually agree with myself, so it's not too surprising that this would be a common ground for the two.
LeeTailorMay 15, 2017 12:53 AM
Jun 29, 2017 2:42 PM

Sep 2015
Good and grounded premise for an episode. A two parter no less. Being understaffed is a dependable go to for any series that mainly takes place in a work setting. And there was just a lot of conflict introduced that made the understaffed premise feel earned. The okami-san falling ill, the hotel reviewers plot set up in the beginning by Yuina. Who hasn't gotten almost any focus yet in. And most unexpected the gruff Ren completely and almost out of character choking "under pressure."

I'm not sure how the timeline for all this is going to work out. But after the cliffhanger it also hasn't worked out yet. The sooner this series gets all the Tohru love triangle drama over with though. The happier I will be. You can go ahead and get rid of the team manager woman anytime you want to.

I don't know why but Nako's kind of just become my favorite. Maybe because she's already made so much progress with her character flaws. Maybe because she and Ohana have a really cute friendship. And she's one of the few characters who doesn't just tease/berate her. But either way how she came running when Ohana called on her day off was pretty adorable.
Jul 24, 2017 1:46 AM

Dec 2010
At last, a great episode. I'm finally actually looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 17, 2017 12:02 PM

Aug 2015
Glad that Ohana rejected the idea of treating customers differently, but at the same time I'm disappointed that the uncle is still supporting the consultant without questioning her. The author's reaction is expected, he probably doesn't care much about the inn, and at least Tomoe showed some hesitation. Ohana rushing around shows how eager and willing she is, but the scene at the very end of her opening the door was ridiculously over-dramatic.
Feb 16, 2018 4:23 AM

Jul 2015
Double trouble with Ohana's grandma collapsing and a sudden spike of customers, which they think a magazine has to do with. They are struggling to handle everyone and Takako (that woman giving them 'advices') said to give priority to the ones that might be the reporters undercover, something that Ohana refuses since she thinks that every customer should have the same importance, as her grandma always did, she went on a chase to take Tooru to help in the kitchen on his free day for a wedding because Ren (the chef) is falling under pressure, something pretty unexpected considering what we have seen of him so far. If there weren't enough things going on, Kouichi is going to visit Ohana, next episode will be intense!
Dec 16, 2018 2:30 PM

Nov 2016
I'm proud of Ohana for valueing her grandmas principles. And besides, it would be pretty hypocritical to favor two groups in order to get a higher ranking while neglecting other guests. I guess they are all ordinary guests, tho or there will be a different twist.

This show keeps entertaining me a lot. Many good moments again in this episode and the transiton scene to the ending was great.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 25, 2019 7:32 PM

Jul 2016
Why do I think they are trying way too hard to create an awkward meeting between Ohana, Tooru and Kou?... I'm scared.

Anyways, Takako as a consultant is just useless, if that's your only idea to bring more clients, then find another job. At least Ohana showed some common sense and rejected her idea of wanting to give better treatment for those guests they think that are from a magazine BASED ON the vague observations of a failed writer.

And also, due to Ren-san's sudden nervousness, I wonder why they didn't tell Ohana to help him since she can cook incredibly well. That way, they would only need to find another person to do her chores instead of bringing Tooru from another city. In the end, this all just worked as a poor excuse to create some dramatic situation between her, Tooru and Kou, most likely but well.

All in all, another OK episode. Let's see what part Kou will play in all this situation.

P.S.: Takako's english is getting me on my nerves.
SouthRzVaFeb 25, 2019 7:36 PM
Oct 21, 2019 2:30 PM

Feb 2012
Urgh noooooo you went past eachother!

Objection!

Oh no, a clifhanger

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 21, 2019 3:49 PM

Feb 2012
My friend was right KOUICHI IS IN THIS ANIME

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

328 by Jax »»
May 5, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.