Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 29, 2019 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh and underworld discovered.

This is actually quite interesting seeing such a network existing in the underground after all this time. Got to see some tense action too down there. Tamaki is pretty awesome when she gets serious.
Nov 29, 2019 9:27 AM

Aug 2018
Great Episode..... Love this Ep
SaiDxvLightNov 30, 2019 6:14 PM
Nov 29, 2019 10:10 AM
Oct 2019
- That last part with Tamaki was very unexpected...
- Tamaki defeated the guy who was supposed to kill them all...he must be pretty weak
- Assassin of the Abyss, cool name I'll give him that.
- The only strong person in the Knights of the Ashen Flame is Sho, everyone else is weak af.
AniD00M_Nov 29, 2019 10:14 AM
Nov 29, 2019 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
Yo Maki is a beast, love watching her fight she be putting in work. She made quick work of those goons.
Nov 29, 2019 10:48 AM
Sep 2015
Want more Arthur cuteness!
Sho will be the main dish of second core, but I didn't expect other enemies to be this weak, though Assault is quite hot!
I hope we'll see many more cours from now on, I want to see this turn into super long anime series.
Nov 29, 2019 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, Maki is a beast taking down those guys. I almost feel sorry for them.

Oh Tamaki and her "lucky lecher lure", love those moments. Iris was brutal when she took down the opponent from behind.

Nov 29, 2019 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
Sho just does not even realize how dangerious and strong Fire Force 8 really is. The moment he sees them alive. "Yare yare. I got to do everything myself here."
Nov 29, 2019 11:13 AM

Jan 2009
nice Maki and Tamaki got a lot of sakuga fight scenes on this episode

Nov 29, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2017
Iris's way of finding out who was the real Tamaki was hilarious. Both Maki and Tamaki's fight were great and lol Iris and Tamaki brutally beat that guy.
MegamiRemDec 6, 2019 5:25 AM
Nov 29, 2019 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
All the girls in action straight from the start.
Maki is badass with the new toys that Vulcan made for her.

Also
Latom
Nov 29, 2019 11:34 AM

Sep 2017
When Tanya Degurechaff kicks in, it gets real

Seriously, that villain was bludgeoned to death
Nov 29, 2019 12:20 PM

May 2016
That Maki fight was amazing, still wish they would ditch the Tamaki fanservice as that bit of character development would've done better without it.

Also Iris beating the shit out of that dude made me wheeze.
Nov 29, 2019 12:37 PM

Nov 2016
As a Maki fan, this episode definitely knew how please. Tamaki's fight was more on the hilarious side of things, but it was still good, just in a different way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 29, 2019 12:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ehistox said:
That Maki fight was amazing, still wish they would ditch the Tamaki fanservice as that bit of character development would've done better without it.

Agree. Sometimes I wishe that she was more than a fanservice character. It's getting just a bit repetitive. I did laugh at her and Iris beating that guy senseless after he came out so smug

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 29, 2019 12:49 PM

Feb 2011
Absolutely dreadful episode. They build this Nether place up as some sort of horrifying place crawling with danger at every corner and yet every enemy they have encountered there so far have been absolutely floored. Also the author misses a good opportunity to build a little bit more upon Tamaki's character, yet all we're getting is another tonally deaf fanservice scene which guess what... helps her win the fight against the bad guy. Guess she will be forever stuck at the status of fanservice tool and nothing more than that. I feel like this anime is intelligence insulting at times.
HatsuyukiNov 29, 2019 6:30 PM
Nov 29, 2019 12:52 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Figures that the white clads base will be hidden but to think that its in the nether. The empire's underground huh. With the new members the 8th sure is starting to shape up nicely. The sealed gates of the nether though sure gave quite the eerie feeling for it though. The enemies deception methods though sure proved rather interesting. Still it did well in separating the team and forcing them to fight against the white clads unsupported. Maki's solo fight against Flail and his men sure proved to be the perfect stage to demonstrate her new gear. Tamaki's fight against assault sure was fun though her trait sure ended up ruining her badass moment. Overall an excellent ep that did well to both introduce the nether realm as well as show the beginning of the 8ths assault on the white clads base. At the same time it also did well to show how much its individual members had grown since the start with the highlight here being Maki and Tamaki. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the team fares.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2019 12:53 PM
May 2019
An interesting and rather weird episode. The way it ended the first thing it came to my mind was "what the actual fuck". But I guess it was sorta nice the mystery of the Nether.
Nov 29, 2019 1:10 PM

Jul 2014
I wonder what Shinra's vision about the sister means. I am scared.

Come on sister, it's not that hard to know who the real Tamaki is. One of them has literally the voice of an old man! xD.

Don't worry Tamaki, I would be annoyed too if I were only recognized by such a stupid thing. xD

God damn Maki's fight was awesome, she's so cool.

And then Tamaki's fight was also being exciting, it looked like she was going to have her epic moment... but she ended up winning with fanservice. FACEPALM. I mean, a win is a win, but come on! She had already had her fanservice moment, this was her time for something epic :'(

At least we got to see Iris beating the shit out of Archer with an iron pipe. :D
SkyLETVNov 29, 2019 7:29 PM
Nov 29, 2019 1:56 PM

Aug 2014
phantomfandom said:

I hope we'll see many more cours from now on, I want to see this turn into super long anime series.

Why? This is a horrible exposition of a show with SO much wasted potential. Even if the source material was crap and the studio was trying to be somewhat faithful, i STILL have no clue what they're even doing. Every "fuinny" moment makes you cringe and want to hide your face in shame cause of how unfunny it is, etc etc.
The whole show just feels awkward as hell. I can't define it all but the whole show just reeks of potential wasted.
Which makes me really sad cause the setting and the first few episodes got me really intrigued, and even though it eventually got worse and really stale i just hoped it would somehow pick up and get better cause i really liked the setting.
Nov 29, 2019 1:58 PM

May 2010
Off i go... LMAO i didnt expect it to end this way. great EP
Nov 29, 2019 1:59 PM

Feb 2015
Okay. Why do none of this fuckers have feet half the time? Genuine question. Look at the boots, it's not just bad animation or stupid design as I thought, they literally have no feet or are perpetually walking like ballerinas.
Nov 29, 2019 2:13 PM
Jul 2019

Well then it looks like that Assault Evangelist guy probably a virgin.
Nov 29, 2019 2:25 PM
Aug 2019
Hatsuyuki said:
Absolutely dreadful episode. They build this Ether place up as some sort of horrifying place crawling with danger at every corner and yet every enemy they have encountered there so far have been absolutely floored. Also the author misses a good opportunity to build a little bit more upon Tamaki's character, yet all we're getting is another tonally deaf fanservice scene which guess what... helps her win the fight against the bad guy. Guess she will be forever stuck at the status of fanservice tool and nothing more than that. I feel like this anime is intelligence insulting at times.

Dude what's your problem? she actually performed pretty decent assault was no fucking joke.
You ignorants think assault is lame because he lost from weak ass tamaki but the dude is freaking strong i am saying it with 100% certainty if arthur or shinra were the ones who faced him instead they would get their asses whooped.

You should feel happy tamaki got a win even with iris to assist her as her 1rst actual win.

Freaking arthur couldn't beat mirage or the guy with the flaming flail and freaking assault is more powerful that both of them combined.

I get it you guys promote feminism in freaking anime but you need to understand this
kind of complaining specifically for female characters in manga or anime starts to become
annoying.

I cannot understand how unsatisfied people are like, they were complaining when tamaki almost did nothing against rekka and here she faces assault, who freaking assault
is way stronger than freaking rekka and she performs well she was even gaining the upper hand in fight but just because she beat the guy because of her syndrome everyone is downgrading both the enemy and both tamaki's effort.

GourmetforceNov 29, 2019 2:31 PM
Nov 29, 2019 2:55 PM

Aug 2013
Maki showcases why once again she is the true best girl of this series. And it's rather funny too because out of all the female characters we've been exposed to so far (Princess Hibana, the Sister, Tamaki, not including any female villains here), she's the one with the least fanservicey moments. I mean we had the close up cleavage shot in episode 1 and maybe like...two shower scenes? And she's clearly the most badass and capable.

I'm not opposed to the fanservice in this anime, I mean you get used to it especially when you're watching shounen genre, but it seems like a lot of people's gripes with the female characters in this show is their capability and the amount of fanservice they get. Well...Maki shows why you don't need to give a damn honestly. But that's just my side take.

Tamaki being serious was unexpected but that Lucky Lecher Lure ultimately derails her. I think she's meant to sort of be like a foil character in this series, much like how Black Starr was the foil in Soul Eater. I still don't really care for her because her character just annoys me, but she and the Sister in this ep were both funny. Also, her only saving grace is being voiced by Aoi Yuuki.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 29, 2019 2:57 PM

Feb 2011
Gourmetforce said:
Hatsuyuki said:
Absolutely dreadful episode. They build this Ether place up as some sort of horrifying place crawling with danger at every corner and yet every enemy they have encountered there so far have been absolutely floored. Also the author misses a good opportunity to build a little bit more upon Tamaki's character, yet all we're getting is another tonally deaf fanservice scene which guess what... helps her win the fight against the bad guy. Guess she will be forever stuck at the status of fanservice tool and nothing more than that. I feel like this anime is intelligence insulting at times.

Dude what's your problem? she actually performed pretty decent assault was no fucking joke.
You ignorants think assault is lame because he lost from weak ass tamaki but the dude is freaking strong i am saying it with 100% certainty if arthur or shinra were the ones who faced him instead they would get their asses whooped.

You should feel happy tamaki got a win even with iris to assist her as her 1rst actual win.

Freaking arthur couldn't beat mirage or the guy with the flaming flail and freaking assault is more powerful that both of them combined.

I get it you guys promote feminism in freaking anime but you need to understand this
kind of complaining specifically for female characters in manga or anime starts to become
annoying.

I cannot understand how unsatisfied people are like, they were complaining when tamaki almost did nothing against rekka and here she faces assault, who freaking assault
is way stronger than freaking rekka and she performs well she was even gaining the upper hand in fight but just because she beat the guy because of her syndrome everyone is downgrading both the enemy and both tamaki's effort.

??? You're completely off the mark here. Writing a female character well has absolutrly nothing to do with feminism. Trust me, after you watch a little more stuff, you will be able to tell the difference between well written characters and bad written characters. All I'm saying here is the author missed a chance to properly develop Tamaki and instead used her as a fanservice tool again.
Nov 29, 2019 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
That gorilla girl fight was really epic.
Nov 29, 2019 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

Well then it looks like that Assault Evangelist guy probably a virgin.

From which chapter is this? Anime didn't show the guy eating her ass wtf?
Nov 29, 2019 3:07 PM

Feb 2012
This was a ladies episode, one of them badass, the other... welll...

'Assault' was introduced as a big scary threat, but ended up defeated by the great power of ecchi. Látom.
Nov 29, 2019 3:22 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
These girls are the best characters of this show in my opinion, I really apreciate to see them more
Nov 29, 2019 3:37 PM

Aug 2019
sockerdricka said:
phantomfandom said:

Why? This is a horrible exposition of a show with SO much wasted potential. Even if the source material was crap and the studio was trying to be somewhat faithful, i STILL have no clue what they're even doing. Every "fuinny" moment makes you cringe and want to hide your face in shame cause of how unfunny it is, etc etc.
The whole show just feels awkward as hell. I can't define it all but the whole show just reeks of potential wasted.
Which makes me really sad cause the setting and the first few episodes got me really intrigued, and even though it eventually got worse and really stale i just hoped it would somehow pick up and get better cause i really liked the setting.

Lol, keep seething bud.
Nov 29, 2019 3:56 PM

Feb 2019
I still can't get over how garbage that OP is, we waited two months for that shit, smh. Song bangs tho on God.

I love seeing bad ass women in anime, that Maki fight was gorgeously animated, Tamaki's fight was great in its own way too. Idk how Iris was confused by who the real one was lol. Can't wait to see Sho vs Shinra animated. I think watching the fights today completely changed my perspective on this arc of the manga. Reading it was so Fucking dull. I was hype af today tho.
Nov 29, 2019 4:39 PM
Jun 2017
How to beat the assasin?

Be like tamaki... 😂😂😂😂... that assasin feels like in heaven after touching that part... hahaha... in the end its not the fire that beat that assasin. Hahaha

Love this episode.
Nov 29, 2019 4:43 PM

Apr 2015
Maki is a beast! That was actually sick to watch, loved it! She took care of that flail guy and his minions with not breaking much of a sweat. Her new "weapons" sure are powerful.

Bless Iris though, how can you only find out who the real Tamaki is when her lucky lecher lure kicks in XD

Speaking of Tamaki, she seems to be up against Archer.. I mean assualt. He's no joke.. unless there's lucky lercher lure involved. Had to see it coming, but what followed was pretty hilarious. Iris striking the final blow but then that beating up. The way the mouse was blocking that view was great!

Superns18 said:
I still can't get over how garbage that OP is, we waited two months for that shit, smh. Song bangs tho on God.

I have to agree that the visuals of the OP sucks so much, the song is a killer (It's on repeat a lot of the time) but more Anime in this fall season seems to be suffering from lackluster OP's. It's a real shame.
Nov 29, 2019 4:48 PM

Dec 2016
Metro tunnels have been banned by religious gibberish? I'm start to smell some bigger plot twist about the past.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 29, 2019 5:13 PM

Oct 2015
Tamaki and Sister totally killed that guy, there's no way he survived:-)
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 29, 2019 5:13 PM
Nov 2016
sockerdricka said:
phantomfandom said:

Instead of complaining, stop watching....you've stuck with it for 19 episodes so what're you still complaining for at this point?? Just quietly enjoy the show or leave it for those who are enjoying it, it's not like any anime is perfect
Nov 29, 2019 5:36 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
So this episode set up the Nether and shows off the girls fighting. Wonder if Licht is setting something up. Glad Tamaki got to shine in this episode (in her own way). Her dynamic with Sister is great
Nov 29, 2019 6:48 PM

Oct 2013
I was expecting the evangelist character's to be a bit stronger... I felt like the fight scenes were also rushed and didn't really do justice.
Nov 29, 2019 7:37 PM

Aug 2018
Quite a girly fire force episode this time, but Maki's fight was enjoyable, Irish turned into beast mode and Tamaki ended up naked so nothing to complain about I guess
Nov 29, 2019 7:54 PM

Jan 2019
Great to see Maki's fighting prowess, what a cool fight!
Be happy with what you have to be happy with
Nov 29, 2019 8:59 PM

Dec 2016
Gourmetforce said:

But he doesn't feel stronger than Rekka at all. Sure his initial dialogue is pseudo-intimidating, but it gets completely thrown away as soon as Tamaki uses the dumbfuck lucky skeebe skill aimed at the easy to impress kids. Followed by this alleged assassin turning all red because he touched a girl's boob. It turns him from an alleged assassin into a laughing stock who's beaten to a pulp by two girls with no actual skill, it all becomes a pretty stale joke. It's not even creative the way Tamaki finally turns from zero to hero because it uses the cheap cliched power of friendship.

At least with Maki, the dread it's palpable in her match with the guy and his morning star, and even though she does finish the fight with a well stablished joke of hers of becoming an irrational gorilla, it's still well executed because it had the foundation of getting the prototypes built by Vulcan followed by her her backstory of being a 2nd gen capable of controlling and disrupting flames, all adds up. With Tamaki there hasn't been anything to strenghten her character (either physically nor mentally), she's always been the damsel in distress and she can only rely on a joke tactic like the lucky skebe. She's never going to be a real character, just a gag character the author will use to insert cheap fanservice for the low hanging fruit.
Nov 29, 2019 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
didn't think they could do completely polar opposite of fights in one episode went from fuck yeah! Maki is kicking ass like a boss to did they really just do this again with this girl she will forever be a gag character played for lewds at this rate and i have no faith in them doing her justice.

like they literally have a decently written female character but continue to slap us in the face with well Tamaki is just here for fanservice and only that so "shrug"

also they are just going through these fights quick sure as hell didn't feel like these guys were all that strong
Nov 29, 2019 9:45 PM

Jul 2016
Man, gotta love Gorilla Maki ♥

Easily, her fight was the only redeemable part in this dreadful episode.
Nov 29, 2019 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode!

Maki did a great job! Those 2 "hammers" really do fit her combat style well xD
Iris and Tamaki are now my favorite duo ahaha Their fight part was unexpectedly funny, and that ending haha
Iris used her ultimate hahaha

This..

Poor guy xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 29, 2019 10:06 PM

Nov 2019
Will admit, Iris and Tamaki repeatedly bashing Assault whilst saying 'latom" made me laugh harder than I'm comfortable admitting.
Nov 29, 2019 10:24 PM
Mar 2015
The girls kick ass
Nov 29, 2019 11:47 PM

Jun 2014
I get what people are saying about Tamaki, her "lewd superpower" sometimes is just "eh.. but why?".. but damn, that part where Iris came behind the guy with a pipe and just says "LÁTOM" and then beating him to a pulp, had me laughing for like an hour.
Nov 29, 2019 11:55 PM

Oct 2019
The way Maki fight with her new equipment and Iris beating Assault with a damn pipe were so brutal, love to see more of this
Nov 30, 2019 1:37 AM

Mar 2018
That part with Assassin of the Abyss and Tamaki was so retarded. I am done, I have reached my limit.

This anime is 1/10 for me now. This episode made me do that.
Nov 30, 2019 1:52 AM
Jan 2018
bruh sister straight up murdered that guy. terrifying. soldier girl is also amazing.

i feel that the anime would be miles better if it didn't insult itself with a character like that hentai girl, whatever her name is. authors choice, though
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why wasn't it successful?

Leon888 - May 24

30 by DayRivia »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

65 by Xaxas_Lyza »»
May 23, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

200 by ScoutMain »»
May 21, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

387 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

198 by Jamk_ »»
May 10, 12:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.