Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2019 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, I figured this show would cap off with one final match with the main characters. It goes to show how much they learned and improved together as a team.

Probably the most intense episode yet. It brings together pretty much a climax to the show. Idk, it's a fine anime overall but I'm not overwhelmed by it. Just average if you ask me.
Jul 7, 2019 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
Iwaki was able to hit a home run. Quite impressive for her first hit.

The girls only made it to the second round, too bad. I wanted to see them winning the tournament, though that was unlikely since this is the last episode.

Overall, a fine show. 6/10.

Jul 7, 2019 12:31 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm despite some setbacks the team really is doing well in not just holding on but also proving that they are worthy opponents as well. Even from day one looks like Sayaka had quite the determination to revive her school team. Still that confidence proved to be a doubled edged sword as it ended up making her want to do everything by herself which is contrary to what team sports is about. While the revelation certainly strengthened her team it also made the match much more closely fought as well as both teams fought hard to gain victory. The change in attitude for both Sayaka and her team mates though was nice to see. The insert song and the closing stages of the match sure made for a potent combo. Even though they lost in the nationals the fact that the team managed to get there after being formed so soon is already impressive. An excellent end to the series that while showing well the kind of tension that can come from the ever changing tides within the games also reinforced the core theme that no matter how tough the game is in the end winning is secondary to enjoyment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2019 1:42 PM

Nov 2016
This was a fun ride. I'm also satisfied with the development of the team and the ending, but this would've done better as a two cour series for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2019 2:10 PM

May 2015
Not a bad show! I enjoyed it for the most part (still think that one episode about Tsubasa and Tomocchi falling out was dumb) and it had a nice, likeable cast. I wasn't expecting them to win the tournament considering how little they'd been a team but they all developed their skills well and it was nice to see their improvement.

6/10 overall. Honestly wouldn't mind a second season with better animation considering a lot of new characters were introduced, but I highly doubt that it'll happen.

♡ artist
サコ
Jul 7, 2019 2:34 PM

Aug 2016
I really loved this anime, it wasn't great but it was relaxing and feels-good watch.

I highly doubt there will be a S2 and it's a game adaptation so no manga feels bad.

7/10
Jul 7, 2019 2:51 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly i don't expect at all it's going to be quite enjoyable in the end, this is what happen when you already put a low expectation lol, pretty fun ride i suppose..

I have to give it 5/10 since some early episodes really bored me, although it subsequently becomes more enjoyable after that.

Also forgive me for being ignorant, but what second round means here? Does it mean they won against seijo but lose against another team after that?
Jul 7, 2019 4:15 PM
Jun 2017
Crocospect22 said:
Honestly i don't expect at all it's going to be quite enjoyable in the end, this is what happen when you already put a low expectation lol, pretty fun ride i suppose..

I have to give it 5/10 since some early episodes really bored me, although it subsequently becomes more enjoyable after that.

Also forgive me for being ignorant, but what second round means here? Does it mean they won against seijo but lose against another team after that?
Crocospect22 said:

Yes they lost against another team
Jul 7, 2019 4:26 PM

Sep 2013
I knew the pitcher change was gonna happen, it was also good that Seijo girls also started having fun in the middle of the game.

I really enjoyed this anime, I would like a second season in the future.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Jul 7, 2019 5:58 PM
Sep 2018
This was a good ending. (Yes, I'd like a 2nd season, but I doubt that will occur.)

Given where they started from, making it to the 2nd round of Nationals was very impressive; having them finish higher than that would have stretched credibility beyond belief.

It would have been nice to see how Seijo dealt with their loss; to see if they did pull together as friends, learning from the team they lost to. That's actually a major reason why I'd like a 2nd season, I want to see how the friendly rivalry between Sato and Seijo develops from here.

The slideshow method used partway through to show the progression of the game worked for me, despite my not being familiar with the charts used to record the progress; I could tell that for someone who did know Baseball, they'd tell the story.

Yes, every character was the archetype of the trope they represented... and I'm OK with that. I enjoy "feel good" animes, and this was definitely that.
Jul 7, 2019 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
It was enjoyable, but lacking in a lot of areas.

6/10
Jul 7, 2019 8:25 PM

Mar 2011
If I would rate this anime without bias I would give it a 5/10.
A lot of parts were not animated.
They were just showing us sliding pictures
but because I like Jinguji san so much I gave it 9/10,
Ignoring all its flaws for a top tier waifu.
Jul 7, 2019 8:35 PM

Jun 2017
This was a very decent show. It ended much better than it had begun, which is a big merit considering there was talk of whether it could be cancelled halfway.

This last episode was intense. Some good directing, e.g. when Aoi jumped (later you learn that she twisted her ankle), and lots of thigh shots, especially of Sayaka - which I'm not complaining about. But I still think it's a mistake to keep sunflowers indoors.

Jul 7, 2019 8:36 PM

Jun 2017
goodbyedays said:

Agree. She stole the last episode.

Jul 7, 2019 8:50 PM

Oct 2015
I'm actually bummed they lost in the second round, but it's expected since they only started out. On the bright they managed to inspire new members to the club and hopefully they'll become stronger.

Overall, I never hated the show but hated how it was written and the characters. The idea was there but the writer chose the cutesy girly friendship part. I'm not saying they should mimic guys sports anime, but they should've at least made it serious and meaningful. They lacked precise development with characters along with the plot. It would've been great with more episode to tell a comprehensive story line, base characters onto the sport and stop constraining them to cheap shit such as cuteness/over-friendship vibes. Writers just want to put female anime/characters on a pedestal and keep constricting them to ecchi/waifu materials and harems, rather than on good dramatic plot rich anime. I'm not trying to be some warrior of something, it's just my observant, but those guys are just sexist anyway you look at it.

6/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 7, 2019 9:28 PM

Oct 2010
not very good in any way but also not terrible
Jul 7, 2019 9:59 PM

Mar 2016
I think the production issues gave this anime a certain charm, like it made me want to root for these girls even more. It was okay, all things considered, and the dynamic of the final game was unique in that their opponent is inspired and becomes the focus. It makes sense though, that these hardworking newbies would influence a strong but uncertain team trying to restart their school's baseball program. I liked Jinguji.
Jul 7, 2019 10:27 PM

Aug 2018
This anime was great
Decent ending
I never expect that im gonna enjoy this anime
OP and ED were fantastic i like their effort to change it once tsubasa formed a new team
One of the hidden gems of spring 2019
All characters are likeable even their opponents xD
The plot and storyline were decent
The background music was pretty badass while they are on the match

9/10 for me
my only concern is sometimes the animation was inconsistent but still its watchable

My top 5 fave girls from the team would be:
1. Maiko (best girl)
2. Yuuki
3. Shinonome
4. Tsubasa
5. Suzuki

Hoping for S2 with better animation

SOP-IIJul 7, 2019 10:56 PM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 7, 2019 10:34 PM

Mar 2011
Tirinchas said:
goodbyedays said:

Agree. She stole the last episode.

You have a good taste!
Nice to see that I'm not the only one who appreciates her.
Jul 8, 2019 12:06 AM

Mar 2019
Overall it was a fun and cute show but man that last episode just felt rushed, didn't show the end of the game and just skips to showing them winning in the paper and then again losing in the second round lol. Just didn't feel right imo. A fine show though. Nothing special but still enjoyable.
Jul 8, 2019 6:16 AM

Oct 2007
Jinguji looked like she was about to cry when Iwaki hit a home run. Quite impressive she revived the baseball in her school all by herself. Too bad Tsubasa and friends had to dream crush Seijo very early.

Anyway, so Arihara and friends win. They got the much needed promotion for more people to join the team. Hoping for a season 2 or a few special episodes to show the new members.

7/10 and will watch a season 2
Jul 8, 2019 6:22 AM

Oct 2007
LL-Kasu said:

My top 5 fave girls from the team would be:
1. Maiko (best girl)
2. Yuuki
3. Shinonome
4. Tsubasa
5. Suzuki

nice to see you also like. Maiko is an important part of the team, as without her Shinonome had to be a pitcher again, and she's not very good at that.

also nice that she told the team that her arm is already in a bad state, instead of trying to keep going. Yuuki was subbed in at the right time.
Jul 8, 2019 7:34 AM

Oct 2010
I feel like due to unforeseen production issues (any insides?) this show was 'gracefully shut down' rather then ended.

But it was kinda fun anyway.
Jul 8, 2019 7:42 AM

Jul 2017
A final episode, have it the right elements that mesh together to make a decent show enjoyable, unfortunately just tries its best to clear the line when it's all said and done.

So it seems that Jinguji and Arihara were both on equal footing, difference lies in level of profession. But both teams gave their all, and that's what matters.

In the end, what's meant to be resolved is resolved. Good chance though.
OK showing despite its flaws, and decent at best.
Jul 8, 2019 11:33 AM

Dec 2018
We are continuing with the match from previous episode,, My demands still stand ,,Akane shall play she have worked very hard,,, Anime if you don't recognize MY lesbians princess suffering!!!!!!! And hard work!!!!!! ""You"" are going to fucking suffer!!!!!!!

We are on with the match,, My angles playing with the few types of balls that i allow them to play with!!!!!!,,,,Then all the sudden a girl speaks up,, i know her from previous episode and approve of her,,Makino go ahead Honey!!! Speak from you heart!!!!And she talks about the importance to having fun maybe not take this to serious ,,because are not the most important have a good time with your girlfriends!!! And that she cant carry the burden alone,,,,,Makino is a lesbian and very wise!!!!Like all my waifus,,Its speaks for it self ofc!!!!! Anime Girls that don't go for dicks!!!! Are smarter then other girls!!!!!!,,,,,, And i am glad to see that her friend agreeing,, and to see her smile brighter then a million suns are just topping on the cake!!!

Match and time moves on, notice male i background close to random female!!!,,Anime!!!!!!!,,,NO!!!!!!!!!,,,,Leave her alone!!!She is lesbian!!! And no male background touching MY females!!!! You leave that poor woman alone!!!!!!!!,,Stop harassing her!!!!! She already have a girlfriend!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,And as the match moves closer to full time ,,I start to worry!! Starts to be irritated!!! Thinking elaborate ways to insulting a stupid anime!!! On a stupid forum no one cares about!!!!! But then my Lesbian warrior princess finally appears Yes!!!! You go out there and have some fun Sweetheart!!!!!,, And then to my great enjoyment and loud cheers she even scores a point ,,and i cant be more glad for her sake,,, In the end they lost and i don't really care i want my girls to have fun,, and kiss!!!!

Very pleased with this anime,, Akane got to play,, I told you Honey!!!,, If i say that you can play!! It going to be so!!!!,,,,I wont stand for anything else!!!,,,,Most of my demands are meet, No male interference!!! Very good job there,, And all girls got to play!! And in the end they have fun,,, I loved that the match result var not imported nor focus upon!!! It was just a by pass news clip!!,,

But no lesbian kissing????? No Lesbian wedding???? No lesbian child born only by pure lesbians will to have a child to pop up from the ground!!!!!! In a pure!! ""male free"" non interference birth??? I'm so disappointed in you!!!,,,, Shame on you anime!!!,,,,Shame!!!!!,,,,,,, Nha its ok buddy !!!!!! ,,Matter the fact you played very good at the Yuri overall!!!! And I had a lot of fun,, You got 10/10 ,,, You are the second best anime spring 2019!!!!,,Best is still Strike Witches!!!!!,,Lesbian wedding fantasy!!!,, You should learn from it and come back with a more gay season two..,,,

Yuri-CrusaderJul 15, 2019 2:10 AM
Jul 8, 2019 2:02 PM

Dec 2016
Kind of disappointed with this anime. Like I said back in Episode One discussion, I have known about this mobile game for a while and would have played it if it were in English, so I thought I would like this anime. Also, baseball + cute girls? Can't go wrong there.

But it turns out that I was the one who was wrong. The show was incredibly boring and offered nothing new, and at times it felt like a reskinned Love Live with a worse plot and worse animation. The characters were one-dimensional, and even those who did get development had generic growth arcs that only took up an episode's time.

The baseball games themselves were boring too. I was hoping they would spice the games up with some drama or some classic shounen tropes thrown in there, but instead the matches were relatively straightforward. I thought that the power of waifus would at least be able to save this anime, but the animation and art was severely lacking, and I would not say this show was visually impressive at all. The opening sequence quite honestly had the best art/animation in the entire show. Overall, 4/10. Not a good anime even though I liked the premise.

Also Maiko is best girl.

What's the difference?
Jul 8, 2019 4:26 PM
Jan 2019
Well, we come to the end of this good anime. I liked the end, I felt the emotion. I'm glad you won your first official baseball game. Both teams, the girls from Satogahama and Seijo, did great. And although they did not reach the final, I am satisfied. This story of newborns, and they will be advancing little by little towards the top.
This was an acknowledgment from me. I'll take Akane's words "It was an unforgettable experience" 😁. I'm waiting for a second season.

Ps: Iwaki said he would do a "home run", and she did it 👌, hahaha.

Score: 6/10
Jul 8, 2019 9:23 PM

Jul 2016
It doesn't matter how many times but when you hit the ball, Iwaki. That was the perfect moment for a home run, well done.

And so it ends, due to the nice performance from some of the girls, Tsubasa and co. ended up winning their first official match. I'm so proud of them.
Such a shame they lost in the second round but it was to be expected since they only had a few months of practice. Still, they all did a pretty decent performance in the tournament.

As a whole, this series didn't end up being as boring as I thought it would be. The OST was magnificent, most of the cast was likeable enough and the execution of some episodes was actually very well handled.
That said, the series also had its bad points. Those being the art and animation and the lack of development for some of the girls. Also, not to mention that as an spokon, it wasn't that memorable but I do must say it was enjoyable enough. A nice ride overall.

5/10 - I wouldn't mind a second season with better animation tho. Especially since I really liked Jinguji's character.
Jul 9, 2019 11:09 AM

Aug 2018
In overal an OK show. It's just a bit of a shame for the animation, because it really felt TMS Entertainment didn't cared about the show at all...

Now for the story we got; it was OK I guess. Just a sit back and relax kind of show. Just a a bummer best girl Akane didn't got her final screentime she deserved to shine for the final episode.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jul 10, 2019 5:03 AM

Jun 2015
shame to see a fun and enjoyable show with okay characters get such little time and dedication to it, or so it feels like. i felt like the studio didn't take its time and put its care into the anime. but still a fun watch, an okay show.
Jul 14, 2019 11:34 AM

Aug 2016
I had really hoped that Tsubasa would be like a SSR unicorn or something in this anime. Not knowing any of the source material beforehand I thought she was supposed to be an OP character by the way things were building up at the start, but her skill was cast aside for emotional drama.
Jul 21, 2019 5:43 PM

Oct 2008
Satogahama still lost against Seijo but their fight was intense and so close fight! maybe because Jingui Sayaka had a lot more effort and will to reinstate their baseball girl's team!
I hope there's S2 since there are a lot more girl that was introduced and some additional teams as well...
5/5.
7/10.

Jul 28, 2019 4:36 AM

Apr 2011
That was a fun ride. I like their character developments. Seems like after winning against Seijo they lost to another team the next round.

A bit rush and abrupt at the end as they skip the ending of the first round. The animation were mostly replaced with slides. I was already aware that the studio is prioritizing another anime because of this.

I guess the poor animation and its one-cour setting kinda held this series down. I don't see an S2 coming for this because of how it ended. It seems like a simple promotion for the game. But then again the important thing I had fun and it was entertaining enough altough there were dull moments or just me rushing to finish series so I can watch the new Summer anime.

6/10
Nov 10, 2019 10:30 AM

Apr 2014
honestly enjoyed this series a lot which is why it sucks that there was only 12 eps

not to mention a lot of the characters that wasnt part of the team seemed to have joined only in the end and i really wanted to see more of those characters

but not only that i would love to see the team grow and to see more games played

so it goes without saying i would love a season 2 if it would to ever happen

but yeah great overall watch hopefully a season 2 will happen
"one step at a time"
Mar 13, 2020 9:44 PM
Apr 2019
Decent CGDCT... I rarely like genki girl, but MC is exception... I'll watch if there is s2 in the future...
Jul 11, 2020 10:50 AM

Feb 2014
Despite the bad art of Tamayomi, I liked it better than Cinderella, which was more boring imo.

The osts are catching though.

5/10
Aug 2, 2020 5:30 PM

Mar 2012
Too bad they only actually played baseball in a few episodes. All the best episodes were game ones, wish they focused on that more instead of endless scenes of them practicing and like tending the field.
Oct 29, 2020 7:41 AM

Jun 2012
It was alright. I found it kind of funny how the show (to its credit) spent a long time pointing out how niche girls baseball is even in universe (no teams not that long ago, only 30 in Japan at the time of the show, only 2/11 members of the main team have even played it before) and then introduce lollipop pitcher and her super hardcore school that somehow has enough high school girl baseball players to have a competent 3rd string. "Super prestigious sports school with smug leaders and infinite robotic reserve players" is pretty much a sports anime trope, but for a more casual show like this I much prefer Jinguji and her school as rivals. Her and her team had more grounded and relatable circumstances like Arihara and her team had.
Mar 21, 2021 12:12 PM

Dec 2012
While their participation in the tournament was short lived, Muse the girls of Sato High still got to live it up in their first contest and took the next step to cementing their club's name as another pioneer for girls' baseball.

In a way, this felt like Love Live meets Taishou Yakyuu Musume. The girls were cute & it was mostly lighthearted, but also encouraging to watch as they overcame the hurdle of becoming serious participants in an obscure domain. The little history lessons on girls' baseball were neat and it helped shed a bit of light as to why there really isn't any girls equivalent to titles such as Diamond no Ace, Haikyuu or Kuroko no Basket. Still, it'd be nice if there was finally something that could break that barrier and rival them all the same. Unfortunately, something like this pales in comparison even if its heart was in the right place.

6.5/10
Jun 7, 2021 10:56 AM

Feb 2020
Great finale! The match was very intense.

Overall, I enjoyed this anime more than I expected. I really liked the characters and their interactions.

SerafosOct 23, 2022 1:52 AM
Sep 6, 2023 4:24 AM

Jul 2012
With Seijo win and then lose on 2nd battle, right?

Soo.. After that we got tons of new cute members..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

17 by White_Alice »»
Sep 6, 2023 4:23 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

21 by White_Alice »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

22 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2019

29 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

47 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.