Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2019 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Idk why but seeing the baseball game near the sunflower fields made this episode...look more youthful.

The match itself had a decent momentum with a lot of energy. Seems these girls are learning from what they've learned.
Jun 23, 2019 11:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Only two weeks till the nationals huh the pressure sure is on now. Considering is the nationals i think having fun really has to take the back seat. Their opponents though sure were looking down on them during the leadup to the match. The match against Kogetsu though sure was interesting. While the girls made a lot of minor mistakes at the start the fact that they managed to recover from that and strike back was impressive. Still even for their third sting Kogetsu's teams are no joke. The impact that this had on Akane though sure was harsh. Akane's comeback via her coaching though sure was satisfying. A solid ep that showed that while the girls still make mistakes they can also learn from them and use their teamwork to strike back at their opponents. Im quite curious to see how they would fare when they face tier one teams in the nationals next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2019 1:27 PM

Mar 2017
Jeez kinda emotional episode for me i can really relate to akane and i hope next episode goes well. i like sports anime no matter how 'bad' they might be its fun to watch a team thats run by friendship and love compared to a team thats strict on rules and harsh on its players
Jun 23, 2019 2:03 PM

Mar 2019
The most important thing I noticed is that they only play 7 innings instead of 9...I was wondering why there was an X after the 7th inning of the other team...

Jun 23, 2019 2:54 PM

Sep 2013
The girls won as a team for the first time, just what they needed since they lost big time their last practice game. I am also expecting that at the last moment on the tournament they will have to change pitcher and that will let Akane and Tomoe play.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Jun 23, 2019 3:25 PM

May 2015
The blonde haired twintails girl has the exact personality that I'd expect from a character that looks like that.

♡ artist
サコ
Jun 23, 2019 5:16 PM
Apr 2017
The plot of the episode wasn't bad and was honestly pretty gripping, especially with Tomoe and Akane's subplots. However, all of that was overshadowed by how poor the animation was in this episode. This show was never the pinnacle of animation to begin with but it had gotten the job done completely fine until this episode. It was a bit frustrating that such a meaningful episode would be dragged down by Sub-Par animation. Other than that, I enjoyed the episode for the most part.
Jun 23, 2019 7:23 PM

Jan 2011
KRIATIBRO said:
The plot of the episode wasn't bad and was honestly pretty gripping, especially with Tomoe and Akane's subplots. However, all of that was overshadowed by how poor the animation was in this episode. This show was never the pinnacle of animation to begin with but it had gotten the job done completely fine until this episode. It was a bit frustrating that such a meaningful episode would be dragged down by Sub-Par animation. Other than that, I enjoyed the episode for the most part.

this was my biggest grip thought after last week it was looking "better" but any kind of heavy moment is too much for them to handle especially a whole episode based around a match

way too many scenes were just missing key animation that made it look like a stop motion and really takes you out, episode it's self with plot was decent
Jun 24, 2019 4:32 AM

Oct 2007
glad that they beat the team of the arrogant blonde girl. She came "only as leader", but started playing when their team was losing. The salt is real. I hope they meet again in the real tourney, and beat her again.

the previous loss from Seijo gave the team good experience. This time the girls are better trained, have more experience, and they're playing to win.. not just for fun anymore.

Akane still had some self doubt. Probably because the words of the arrogant blonde got to her. A pat on the back give back her courage, and she did good for the team. :)

Jun 24, 2019 5:08 AM

Jul 2017
So the double ponytailed girl, seems that she is of one of the rival schools, and someone who does not take "friendly" into account.

With that into account, Tsubasa and her team riles each other up, with slick strategic playing. The reason why Akane and Tomoe are back-support players because there is more to the picture, their overwhelming doubts about their stage in the play.

The sub-par animation does hurt the scenes then and now *plays PowerPoint slides*, a sign that the staff just want to get this out of the way.

Especially for Akane, with her lack of skills, she doesn't feel like the team can win without her. Nevertheless, Arihara's never-die *character-driven plot device* perks her up to encourage the team, whatever position they may be in.

Nice that Arihara's team won, with their serious efforts ever since the previous match loss.

Next episode, let the national tournament begin.

Not a bad episode, now that we're in the final stages.
Jun 24, 2019 10:55 AM

Dec 2018
Have the lollipop eating girl no parents?, Because if she have how the fuck can they allow her to have that hair style ,,,,Honey a clown have better taste then you,,You look ridicules even for anime standards and that is bad!!!

I don't agree with my captains decision on who get to play ,,,Its a perfect opportunity to give the lesser player some more experience, and because its a training match everyone should play and be involved and get some team spirit ,,, I think they should have some time,,,,,But the Yuri is going on!! And my waifus are flirting!!!!!,,Yes!!,,, so i tend to lose focus on the sport,,,,,,Sport is boring i rather read a book,,,,Or take a spontaneous walk,,,Or go out and camp.,,,, Or fucking jog,.....NO!!!!!!!!!

The match itself was way more entertaining and exacting then when they talk about it,,, ,,,Well my wonderful lesbians do everything better even sports is fun to watch, Especially when my princesses are there and gaying it up!!! Making it freaking fabulous!!!!

But then the problem erupts its hard to miss why!!!,,Also one reason why all the girls should have played ,,no wonder my angel Akane feels useless ,,,,,Her lesbian partner Tsubasa are really good and i'm glad she is so gentle and kind,, My waifu needs to stay this way ,,,I like her because she lift her girlfriends up and have a loving touch with them

The episode was ok,,, I didn't like how Akane stop believing in herself and that she was left out ,,,,,, Quick reaction from my angel Tsubasa saved this episode and prevented a point loss ,,, You still have 10/10

Akane is now My main waifu!! And therefor anime i'm going to be extra easily fucking aggravated!!!! If something even looks at my lesbian princess in a funny way,,You will pay dearly. And the way she is being treated right now is almost bullying in my eyes

And anime you said my Akane cant play,, Well she can because I fucking say so!!! My Lesbian Goddess have worked very hard and suffer!!!! But she always hanged in there and she have became much better!!, ,I'm very proud of her and her efforts will not be diminished!!!!!..My waifus suffering will be notice and be richly astronomical rewarded!!!!! Failing and my wrath and rage will have no fucking end!!!! Or knows no boundaries nor limitations !!! And I will take it out on your stupid ass,,,,,,She will be included if you want more then one point in the end!!!!!!,,,I going to keep a eye on her!!! You better stop picking on her!!! Or you going to have to deal with me!!!!!

Honey you can play!! I going to see to it ,Don't worry pumpkin!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 26, 2019 6:56 AM
Jun 24, 2019 12:30 PM
Jan 2019
I loved this episode. The girls did really well. They played against a team that belongs to the best high schools in Japan, and they won. The summer camp was worth it. I feel excited for his first victory. Hopefully this is the first victory of many. Well done, girls 💪😁

Hahaha, Nakano did a great job of collecting information from Kogetsu.
Jun 26, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2007
forgot to say. I think Shinonome got what she wanted. She is now a part of a team whose members are serious in baseball, and playing to win. :)
Jun 26, 2019 5:57 AM

Nov 2016
What a nice episode, but I was seriously worried about another loss. This kinda allowed the victory to be even sweeter.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 27, 2019 4:08 PM

Oct 2008
Ukita is such a scaredy cat! she needs to step-up for herself! or else she won't character improve!

Jun 27, 2019 4:11 PM
Tuturuuuuuu

Sep 2016
dlxuniuniu said:
The most important thing I noticed is that they only play 7 innings instead of 9...I was wondering why there was an X after the 7th inning of the other team...

the x is because there was no need to play the last inning once they already won the game...
Jun 30, 2019 7:49 AM

Aug 2013
The got their first win.

Akane needs to be more confident in herself.

Jul 3, 2019 7:02 PM

Jun 2015
akane needs a self confidence booster, cmon girls, help her out.
Jul 7, 2019 9:28 PM

Jul 2016
Ugh, that blonde haired twintails girl sure is a sweetheart... I'm being sarcastic, by the way.

Anyways, nice episode overall. Kogetsu's third team sure gave the girls some troubles but I'm glad Tsubasa and co. ended up winning in the end.

Also, Akane losing confidence in herself was a bit sudden yet understandable due to her insecure personality. That said, I'm happy Tsubasa was there to comfort her. She REALLY needs to gain more confidence tho.

Next episode will finally be focused on the tournament. Let's see how far the girls can go.
Oct 19, 2019 11:09 AM

Nov 2013
I don't understand why they didn't use second pitcher? Kurashiki was pretty much exhausted and they could just substitute her with Nozaki or Shinonome and use Tomo as infielder or rotate some more players and use Akane as outfielder.
Jun 7, 2021 9:24 AM

Feb 2020
Akane is such a cute and tiny scaredy cat. So adorable. <3
Sep 4, 2023 8:15 AM

Jul 2012
Winning with only 1 diff score, while the enemies only has ⅓ of their power 😌 yare - yare..
Even thou the fav pitcher joined in the midle, still..

Still, for only last 2 ep + 1 special..
I don't think these girls can win the tournament..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

40 by White_Alice »»
Sep 6, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

17 by White_Alice »»
Sep 6, 2023 4:23 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

22 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2019

29 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

47 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.