Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2018 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Kazuma Fujioka guy is definitely someone to keep an eye on. In fact, I think this episode beefed up the competitive atmosphere a bit with rivals.

Nice to see some running again this week. Haiji's team is ready but I think they made be one of the underdogs in this competition. I see there's also some aggressive competitors in the race that pushes the limits of the main cast.

My favorite episode of the show so far. It kinda shows the skill gaps between certain characters/teams too.
Nov 13, 2018 9:08 AM

Nov 2007
Another problem. Bad at driving but have to go with that guy driving.

Carsick by Miyu-Miyu's character.

Wow, so that senpai guy knows the fastest runner (Hino-san's character).

Fastest runner, main guy, and that dark skinned runner fight for fastest. Everyone's already tired, including Miyu-Miyu's character.

In the end, the fastest runner won and main guy cannot defeat these two. Hino-san's character wanting him to run together with the team.

Seeing reality, but the team still react the same, which makes main guy frustrated.

More practice next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 13, 2018 12:13 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The exhaustion on the faces of the runners, how they struggle to keep up, it looked really well animated.

I'm actually not sure why Kakeru just blew up on them. Is it cause he wants to be competitive and just can't with this team? Is it cause he lost to the man while seeing he could prolly go a bit faster eve? Confidence shot?
Nov 13, 2018 12:44 PM

Mar 2010
I'm seriously wondering how on earth are they going to fix up Prince.

Smudy said:

I'm actually not sure why Kakeru just blew up on them. Is it cause he wants to be competitive and just can't with this team? Is it cause he lost to the man while seeing he could prolly go a bit faster eve? Confidence shot?

I think it's a mixture of things and we'll probably see soon why. I am betting on some kind of wanting to compete with the man (and that man won't be even competing anymore in matches like those if i understand correctly) so he got angry since he thinks his team is not going to make it + having his own issues with people (and remembering he still likes running). I mean the reason he went to another uni was because he didn't get along with people (like with the red head guy). Perhaps it's a regret + wanting more, or somesort. Guess we'll see.
Nov 13, 2018 12:55 PM

Nov 2016
Fujioka really destroyed the comp.

I expected such an outcome, Kakeru did great, Haiji well,the others were more or less ok. Feel sry for Prince, tho XD

Regarding the atmosphere. I was really looking forward to this episode and it certainly delivered. Imo it captured the feeling of an actual race really well. Awesome stuff.

It got me pumped up so much, I think I may go for a run myself now or tomorrow morning Going all out and overcoming the pain simply feels amazing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 13, 2018 1:06 PM

Jan 2018
I really liked this episode and getting to see all the characters in a competition together was nice. The animation quality in this episode was also pretty great.
Nov 13, 2018 1:15 PM

Feb 2007
Just hearing that van, even before seeing it, brought up horrifying flashbacks to the Yukarimobile... Well, seeing how it actually got no dents (nor did it explode like in a certain other series), they still escaped relatively safely. :D
Nov 13, 2018 1:41 PM
Jan 2017
Loved it! <3
I don't fully understand Kakeru so I wanna see more and more and more.
Nov 13, 2018 1:52 PM

Jul 2017
Damn, I was wondering how they were gonna do the actual running events considering how simplistic it is, but they did a pretty good job.
Nov 13, 2018 1:56 PM

Jul 2017
I feel torn with this episode.

The details with the closeups of the runners looked great. The run itself was very well done and the pacing of the event felt natural and brisk.

However, when they went to the wideshots showing all the runners, the faces and the animation itself looked too wonky for me. I understand it's not easy making many bodies drawn and animated well at the same time, since anime crowds have always looked meh in general, but this sadly was no exception to that.

I'll still call it a very good episode. But it could've been great.
animejasNov 13, 2018 1:59 PM
Nov 13, 2018 2:28 PM

Apr 2018
Great episode! The race's outcome was predictable, but everyone did his best!
Prince throwing up even his soul after Haiji's crazy driving skills, his energetic pose at the starting blocks and athletic pace during the race makes him the very winner, in the end, and he's still alive, too.
Yeah, Kakeru's definitely experienced something terrible in the past, it's enough that someone mentions Hakone for making him lose his temper! We'll find out more in the next episodes!
Nov 13, 2018 2:29 PM

Sep 2011
Their uniforms really didn't cover much, but they were looking great! And as expected their first competition was harsh. Haiji's leg isn't 100% recovered yet, it might never be, Prince had a hard time and I felt really bad for him, and Kakeru's nasty side was back. But there were some good things too, besides the uniforms I mean. lol Haiji is a friend, or at least an acquaintance of the most prominent runner, who knows his potential, and his presence was enough to shut up that red-headed demon. Welp, by the preview Kakeru's nasty side might be back to stay for at least another episode. *sigh*
Nov 13, 2018 3:34 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

I've been looking forward to a real race for quite some time and this certainly delivered. The presentation was great, the way they showed the long distance running and especially the final speed bursts. It always boggles my mind when I see the long distance runner go even faster after having run so much. The amount of stamina required to do that is insane.

Looks like Kakeru placed third, he wasn't able to match Fujioka or the other guy and it looks like the margin between each of them was fairly significant. I wonder if Kakeru had tried to pace himself better along with Fujioka instead of trying to match the other guy he might've come second or something.

Haiji still haven't shown us his full potential, can't wait to see what he can really do.

I think I can understand Kakeru's frustration at the end, it's probably Fujioka who set it off by telling him to lead the team in Hakone when Kakeru seems to think that there's no way they can compete competitively with that team.

Soundtrack is absolutely brilliant as always. Can't wait for more.
Nov 13, 2018 4:17 PM

Aug 2017
The race was very good. They lose but it was worth it.

Fujioka seems to be nice.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 13, 2018 4:33 PM
Feb 2018
Pretty interesting episode. Now we can see that Haiji it's actually not as fast as we think he was; even though he's not in top condition. Fujioka seemed like a nice character addition; he's the top runner, but seems very humble. What I'm wondering the most is how Prince is going to at least become average at running; he's just so out of shape compared to the others.
Nov 13, 2018 6:15 PM

Oct 2015
Kakeru kinda let his guard down when he focused on Manas, that's when Fujioka overtook and take first place while he took third. Haiji would've been in a better position if it wasn't for that knee, Prince is struggling as always. I was surprised more how the guys treated the meeting as I though they would be laid back and unfocused, moreover Prince's tenacity.

Great work guys and keep it up for the next, and also improve.

That was a great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 13, 2018 6:50 PM

Jul 2016
Well, they actually did it better than I expected. Including Prince since he didn't withdraw and did his best and just for that, I appreciate his efforts.

It was a good episode. I liked how the competition was portrayed and the OST was great as always.

And it seems that there will be some heavy tension in the next episode regarding Kakeru's attitude. I wonder what's his problem now...
Nov 13, 2018 7:06 PM

Dec 2016
I was so nervous to watch this race, but I think they did it better than I expected. Maybe with good luck and more training, by the next race they will be in better shape and might classify.

Poor Prince... He was the last one, but I admire that he didn't give up and continue to the very end.
Nov 13, 2018 8:40 PM

Dec 2016
The episode when Prince is finally good is gonna be a fucking hype overload lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 13, 2018 11:39 PM

May 2017
Kakeru is such an edgy emo asshole, where is Truck-kun when you need him
Nov 13, 2018 11:53 PM

Mar 2016
The otaku didn't wear his interesting shirt this episode. :(

The running shorts look embarrassing. They're too small. Well, it suits the characters so it's okay, I guess.

The race ended just the way I had predicted, and I am fine with that as the build up was quite nice.

Kakeru was quite impressive.

People thought the otaku was way ahead, but then they realised that he was just too slow. lol. That guy who thought he was dehydrated was so nice. Ouji's reply to him was absolutely hilarious.

Their sweating bodies kind of disgusted me. They probably smell really bad. I feel sorry for the driver that has to drive them back.

I love the way their fringe gets pushed back when they run. It's so satisfying.
Nov 14, 2018 12:07 AM

Feb 2012
Prince still ran 3 miles in 30 minutes... thats a crazy accomplishment
Nov 14, 2018 1:12 AM

Feb 2014
Wow there's another one and he's from the same uni. No he's just being lapped. XD
Prince never cease to amuse.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 14, 2018 2:00 AM

Feb 2017
Watching the race was really captivating. That fast guy Kazuma is really likeable character, I look forward to seeing more of him.

It is interesting how Kakeru thought this race would be a reality check for his teammates, but instead it ended up being a reality check for him.
Nov 14, 2018 3:57 AM
Nov 2018
Honestly this episode makes me more interested in Kakeru.
Nov 14, 2018 5:10 AM
Aug 2016
Short_Circut said:
Damn, I was wondering how they were gonna do the actual running events considering how simplistic it is, but they did a pretty good job.
yup I totally agree
Nov 14, 2018 5:21 AM
Aug 2016
laurincase said:
Is it just me or are their times really unrealistic for people who recently started running. Like I can see the twins getting 17 minutes 5k's cause they played soccer but other than that, all of them except prince are sub 20 minutes? I find it really hard to believe all of them were able to go 4 minute km or 15 kmh. Even prince's pace of 6 min per km or 10kmh is too fast for someone that looks like he is going walking speed which on average is supposedly half as slow as prince is "running" at. Like I know this is an anime and I'm gonna have to suspend my disbelief to enjoy it more but still, at least make things a bit more realistic and make their times a minute or two higher and prince's time either at least in the 40 minutes or change his running animation so it makes more sense. I still enjoy watching and I assume most people dont know anything about running times but still... everybody except prince getting 17 or 18 minutes on their first 5k race ever and prince getting around 30 with that form and animated speed is a bit too much
Well I have experience in running and yeah it is a harsh/tiring sport. I am letting them get away with these running times coz
1. it's an anime
2. I like the characters enough and the OST is gr8
3. It's a lot more realistic than all the other trash that has come out lately so I am feeling more forgiving.
Nov 14, 2018 5:28 AM

Oct 2011
Kakeru is so moody omg. But that makes me more keen to see his character development across the episodes.

Prince on the other hand has such a positive attitude and his physical development will probably be amazing.

And watching their hair being pushed back when they run is so oddly satisfying lol
Nov 14, 2018 7:50 AM
Jun 2016
rafi160 said:
Prince still ran 3 miles in 30 minutes... thats a crazy accomplishment

Yes...amazing for a guy who was a virtual couch potato. I somehow have a feeling Prince is going to turn out to be a great runner by the end of this series...and I don't mean it sarcastically.

On the episode...the times were as expected. Still early days.

Kakaeru needs to get rid of that chip on his shoulder.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Nov 14, 2018 8:48 AM

Oct 2008
Now they have experienced what it feels like a true race!
Prince running is very appalling but inspiring!
This time, Kakeru emo mode is reaching critical levels!
4/5.

Nov 14, 2018 2:06 PM

Aug 2016
Awesome episode.
Prince getting the best line of the episode again...'I'm not a hamster'' lol.

Smudy said:
The exhaustion on the faces of the runners, how they struggle to keep up, it looked really well animated.

I think it's because he came third. Along with being excluded by his team previously because of his coach treating him as an elite, he probably also believe the coach's hype. He may have never been beating so soundly before.
JokerVenturaNov 14, 2018 2:19 PM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Nov 14, 2018 3:13 PM
Mar 2015
Kakeru got a reality check. He now realizes how far behind the best he and his team are. It is hard for him to take He needs to realize that there is no I in team
Nov 14, 2018 3:47 PM

Sep 2017
Man they really gotta get Prince running with decent form. Just watching him run hurts. Even if he isn't very athletic he should have better form than that by now. Kakeru was getting ahead of himself thinking he could beat the top guys like no big deal. Turns out the other guys were just pacing themselves till the end. We see Haiji still has pains in his leg when he tries to push it. I feel bad for him for that. It's quite the savage scar he has.

Also the exhausted running faces were done really well.
Nov 16, 2018 12:40 AM
Oct 2017
Lylaaz said:

Yeah even I am thinking that.

Kakeru got a good reality check as well as the other members.

Fujioka is someone to keep an eye out for.
Nov 16, 2018 5:43 AM

Nov 2014
Looks like things are about to pick up. I think almost everyone realises that they are a far shot from making it now, though it does seem to be within expectations of Haiji.

Till now I think Kakeru isn't really 100% on board with this whole thing, but even while running personally is clearly lagging behind the best. Losing so comfortably probably was a shock to him.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 16, 2018 7:50 AM

Jan 2014
Suhrid1993 said:
Lylaaz said:

Even though it probably won't happen because you can only be on your schools team, I think it would be interesting if Kakeru's old High School teammate, Sakaki, were to eventually take Prince's place on the team. His kind of attitude (and probably skill) would be good for them as long as he and Kakeru settled their past.
Nov 16, 2018 11:03 AM
Oct 2017
Sabrael said:
Suhrid1993 said:

Even though it probably won't happen because you can only be on your schools team, I think it would be interesting if Kakeru's old High School teammate, Sakaki, were to eventually take Prince's place on the team. His kind of attitude (and probably skill) would be good for them as long as he and Kakeru settled their past.
Nah that can't happen they are from different universities.
Nov 17, 2018 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
That ending was so intense. I wanna see what happens next alreadyyy
The race was pretty interesting too, the results were what I thought they'd be.
Interesting new characters.
Nov 18, 2018 3:28 PM

May 2014
Talent recognizes talent, you love to see it.
Nov 19, 2018 7:48 PM

Nov 2018
I'm excited to learn more about Haiji and Fujioka's history!

They obviously have high respect for each other, plus some level of friendship that allows Fujioka to be familiar enough with Haiji's personality to comment, "It's an interesting team, one that Kiyose would put together."
Nov 23, 2018 4:12 AM

May 2016
Haiji san sure did his best.
Jan 1, 2019 7:06 AM

Sep 2018
Heiji is an important person apparently, wow! A bit hard narration at this juncture against the characters of the cast, but gave the measure of how much everyone is worth: Kakeru takes a good blow for what concerns his pride, I guess. The fun parts are always a panacea.
May 9, 2019 11:45 AM

Feb 2013
So, they need a lot more training, especially Prince, lool, I'm amazed he finished the race.
May 12, 2019 1:29 AM

Dec 2013
Damn that Sakaki guy. He gets into my nerves.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 22, 2019 12:59 PM

May 2013
I just didn't want anybody laughing at Prince. Thank gawd, there weren't any scenes of that or I would've been infuriated beyond measure.

Kazuma was amazing. I wonder if he used to be rivals with Haiji. The fact that he respects Haiji should've put Kakeru's old teammate back in his lane smh. Haiji was bigger in his prime for sure. I saw he winced from the pain in his leg, so it's not fully recovered yet :( Hoping it'll be by the time the big race comes so he can run in it.

Knee injuries are a bitch tho and that one looks p bad. I hope it can recover as close to how it once was before.
Aug 22, 2019 2:55 PM
Apr 2016
They got to feel a bit of reality, their speed, and how much they have to improve.

Kurahara is incredibly competitive, unfortunate that he didn't manage to win. So, that's how it is, unless everyone can run as fast as him/or close to that, his speed doesn't matter. I can kind of imagine what happened with him and the red haired guy, it probably went along the lines of: Kurahara's team lost because others didn't run fast enough, and thus Kurahara out of anger punched the red haired guy because he said something/did something. Plausible scenario, I think.
Sep 5, 2019 5:35 PM

Sep 2018
ohh! Kakeru is good, he's on 3rd place! this anime start to interest me.. I though it will always gloomy and drama :D

Prince is always funny haha but I'm amazed that he never give up :)
Sep 27, 2019 10:36 AM

Mar 2015
Wow their first race, nicely done!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 5, 2020 4:42 PM

Jun 2017
I hope this race inspired them more instead of maybe making them feel frustrated.
Mar 22, 2021 3:28 AM

Jun 2020
Haiji is so fucking cute omg.................like.....fucking cute.........he’s so cute.....HELP

Great episode, I really love how they animated it & the sound direction was really great with the foley of the running steps! I was completely immersed. I loved how they’ve drawn Kakeru’s expressions. He always looks so pained & hurt...... (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

68 by Beguni »»
Sep 5, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2019

54 by ngoclong19 »»
Aug 19, 1:51 PM

» Elite Runners

JSeanaY - Jul 16

5 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 26, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by a0i-kun »»
May 27, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

94 by a0i-kun »»
May 25, 9:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.