Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saw it on Anime Strike today.

Well apparently, the episode had Selestia being saved by Yuya although I suspect that his intentions are much more than just being heroic (Exclusive Underground is also a weird name for a manga name imo). In the meantime, this show continuously to develop its storytelling to allow freedom for characters to be themselves. Perhaps freedom could be a theme of this show? Hmm.

Everyone also seems to want to meet their makers. Not much action this episode which is probably fitting as a breath of fresh air. I still wonder what that mysterious girl wants though as another is one appears in their world.
Stark700Apr 22, 2017 7:41 AM
Apr 22, 2017 7:43 AM

Nov 2015
Little action this episode. Yuuya and Selestia had a talk.
xullApr 22, 2017 12:55 PM

Apr 22, 2017 9:12 AM
Jul 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saw it on Anime Strike today.

Well apparently, the episode had Selestia being saved by Yuya although I suspect that his intentions are much more than just being heroic (Exclusive Underground is also a weird name for a manga name imo). In the meantime, this show continuously to develop its storytelling to allow freedom for characters to be themselves. Perhaps freedom could be a theme of this show? Hmm.

Everyone also seems to want to meet their makers. Not much action this episode which is probably fitting as a breath of fresh air. I still wonder what that mysterious girl wants though as another is one appears in their world.

A few notes:

1)What Gunpuku no Himegimi says at the end is extremely important. I have almost no command of Japanese, but she implies that Souta has something to do with all of their fates, as well.
2)Yuuya, after saving the bridgade, blows them all off, essentially saying that he's gained his freedom and refusing to help them.
3)Celesia is clearly not a product of the light novel; she was unaware that a certain character was part of the Avalon Brigade. Thus, it would appear that the characters are an actualization of the medium that they are extracted from, at the time they are extracted from it.
4)Continuing from 3, it would seem that this is why Celesia is unable to gain new abilities even if they are created for her. It would seem that they become human in the full sense and their properties thus cannot be changed.

firemagnetApr 22, 2017 9:16 AM
Apr 22, 2017 10:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I thought that Celestia was actually going to get the new spell to work after the illustrator drew the scene lol, man did that blue ball me xD

Other than that, I'm really liking the pacing of this series so far, it's not going too fast to get the plot over with and its not going too slow whereas nothing significant happens. And for that, I was really digging everything that happened in this episode

I can't believe that it never crossed my mind that the creators could be able to alter their characters even though they crossed dimensions so finding out about that was cool but I'm really curious to find out the secret behind getting this idea to work since my guesses were the same as Meteora's

The dude with the stand didn't disappoint at all and I really like his personality and just overall character, he's not a douche but he's not exactly a full on hero either and I really liked how intelligent he was with his understanding of the situation they're all in etc, plus it's nice to see that it looks like all of the main players are in this world now (It was a given that all of the people chosen were most likely the most popular characters in their games/anime)

Overall this was another great episode and that ending has me VERY curious to find out what's the deal with the military girl and the MC and just what's going on in general

TokoyaApr 22, 2017 10:35 AM
Apr 22, 2017 10:51 AM

Aug 2011
Interesting episode. Things finally slow down a little so we can understand what's happening. Also, a little bit of character development and the addition to the cast was a good idea.

The last part was pretty enigmatic. We don't have too much clues to get to understand what Gunpuku no Himegimi is talking about, but it's clear Souta has some kind of connection with whatever happen(s?ed?) in the past/future of the world.

And who would Setsuna be...? Ah, I need the next one!

firemagnet said:

1)What Gunpuku no Himegimi says at the end is extremely important. I have almost no command of Japanese, but she implies that Souta has something to do with all of their fates, as well.

Thanks for pointing that out

» Escapism.

Apr 22, 2017 10:52 AM

Jan 2015
So Meteora still "refuse" to meet with her Creator? Too bad, I guess since Celesia already did.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 22, 2017 11:00 AM

Jul 2013
kinda boring ep. i know it needed to happen though, so i ain't mad. especially with it being a 2 cour series, there's bound to be a couple of slow paced episodes to balance things out. i feel like next episode needs a little something though, be it a new character, a fight scene, or just a plot twist/big revelation of some sort.

also the music continues to be awesome
Apr 22, 2017 11:01 AM
Mar 2016
So, that white haired girls is Sota's creation,but how did she appeared that early, when sota hasn't even created her yet?
Apr 22, 2017 11:05 AM

Apr 2016
They said in this episode that the red haired girl is from the anime not the light novel or manga or whatever the original source is and that's why she didn't know about the death of this guy from her world, so isn't it obvious that the reason she couldn't develop this skill wasn't only because the skill wasn't publicized, but mostly because they were trying to change the original source and not the anime?
And why is the red haired girl from the anime and not the original source in the first place? Or did I just misunderstand something?

Also I can't wait for the introduction of the orochimaru girl from the opening, she looks like a potential best girl of the anime.
UnunpentiumApr 22, 2017 11:15 AM

Apr 22, 2017 11:07 AM
Oct 2010
I find it very interesting that Souta is pretty much a side character at this point. Them removing the girls from his house/care and him having extremely little relevance to the current events was also a pretty bold move considering that.

I also liked that the general fandom has to accept the changes made to a character for it to materialize (this isn't even confirmed yet). I would have preferred if they couldn't alter the characters after they had entered the world at all, but this is a decent compromise.

Additionally I liked that some of the characters, despite of the hardships, enjoy the worlds they came from. Having everyone come out and think "I want to change this and that" would seem a bit too forced. I get the magical girl wanting to change the world for the better because it's in her character design (as well as the heroines) but thankfully a balance exists with the biker guy.

Lastly I have no idea what Himegimi was going on about in the end, but she greatly implies there's an element of time travel involved, which I am hoping isn't true, as anime (and media in general) handle that subject badly.

Apr 22, 2017 11:13 AM

Jul 2010
Whoahoho said:
So, that white haired girls is Sota's creation,but how did she appeared that early, when sota hasn't even created her yet?

i thought the same, but maybe the military girl has the power of time travelling? and now she wants to change her story / world
Apr 22, 2017 11:18 AM

Feb 2016
this is going exactly what i thought it could be, hmmm i just hope that this doesn't end in Creators creating godlike characters that can't be defeated or a fight between Godlike vs Godlike
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 22, 2017 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
A lot of information in this episode. Maybe might consider it boring, but I find it fun to see the information needed. Because that is how things should start for the time being. Take it slow and not too fast. That I like. The ending got me wondering as well if Souta actually created 'her', and this Setsuna girl, might have a role to play.
Apr 22, 2017 11:22 AM

Sep 2014
Now that is a calm episode more about 'researching' characters existence here and if they could be improved through their own creators.

Also Military Uniform girl seems to speak to the sky with someone called Setsuna. If it is the sky and name sounds female , then this just turns even more into theory that her creator is that girl who commited suicide in the 1st episode.
Apr 22, 2017 11:23 AM

Sep 2016
watched this for mindless action, get boring info dump sakura reset style instead, just with better context.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 22, 2017 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
Had the same reaction as the other characters when Celestia failed to transform. Almost fell from my chair.

Quite an interesting episode even though nothing has happened. Seems like there is some connection between the military girl and Souta.

Apr 22, 2017 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
For some reason, I believe that the Military girl is not the creation of the main character, I believe more in the theory that she is the creation of the girl who committed suicide in the 1st episode.
She seems to hate this world as it is the world that banished her creator leading her to suicide. Also this may mean that the Military girl can't change her world anymore. but I wonder what is the relationship (if there were any) between the suicide girl and the main character.
Apr 22, 2017 11:38 AM

Sep 2014
MrPretentious said:
but I wonder what is the relationship (if there were any) between the suicide girl and the main character.

I would want to believe that she simply knows him because he's close to her creator ( if it is need that girl from 1st ep). But can't predict anything what studio will throw to us
Apr 22, 2017 11:56 AM

Nov 2014
This episode made me hate Celesia. Firstly she kinda annoyed me with pointing her sword at Yuya right after he saved her, but the thing that happened later pissed me off way more - she started screaming at her creator for no apparent reason. She's arguing with him over every little detail and hates that guy so goddamn much, even though there is not that much reason for it. She's really friendly towards her illustrator, but hates the writer with passion, none of these interactions make sense. Before this episode I thought she was a fine main girl, but now she's my least favorite character in this show :/
Apr 22, 2017 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Just finished the episode and my guess is that Setsuna was the girl that committed suicide and she also created the military girl. She was probably also close to the MC and part of the reason MC can't draw has to do with the event.

The MC creating her would just be a little bit too obvious.
Apr 22, 2017 12:04 PM
Oct 2010
Cagliyora said:
Just finished the episode and my guess is that Setsuna was the girl that committed suicide and she also created the military girl. She was probably also close to the MC and part of the reason MC can't draw has to do with the event.

I like this theory better than the time travelling one I have, but it would still be kinda awkward to pull off considering the information we got in this episode (if that info even turns out to be true, since none of it is confirmed).

I mean, it didn't seem like Souta recognized her character, so she can't currently be popular right?
Apr 22, 2017 12:07 PM

Sep 2016
GD1551 said:
Cagliyora said:

I like this theory better than the time travelling one I have, but it would still be kinda awkward to pull off considering the information we got in this episode (if that info even turns out to be true, since none of it is confirmed).

I mean, it didn't seem like Souta recognized her character, so she can't currently be popular right?
she is the protagonist of the newest light novel "Why Can't My Cute White Haired Twintail Military Princess Light Novel Character Be More Popular!?"
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 22, 2017 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
GD1551 said:
Cagliyora said:

That is a good point.

Maybe she is some kind of exception to the rule? She does seem to know more about the current situation than the other created characters. I'm certainly curious to see what the answer will be.
Apr 22, 2017 12:12 PM

Dec 2013
So we got to explore some of the mechanics and rules of these creations in our world. Celesia's character setting is pretty spunky if you ask me, but then again that's just how her creator wrote her out to be. Just like how emotionless Meteora being an NPC in a Tales-like game was. It'd be acceptable if we were reading their story in a LN or seeing them in game, at the same time their settings being unacceptable to our world also makes sense. I bet a ton of fans would probably be put off with their waifu's settings in a real world situation too.

Wondering just how Souta was involved in the banishment of Setsuna, driving her to her death. Souta doesn't seem the type to instigate conflicts or to reject others.... perhaps an ex lover? A spurned childhood friend? The mystery is getting more and more interesting...

And just how long is magi-girl going to stick around with Military Uniform Twintails anyway? Shouldn't she have figured out that something was wrong with her by now?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 22, 2017 12:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Two tries to return to home of the two anime-girls, but failed!!!
Breakup between the two anime-girls and Sota, althouhg in my opinion, only this a bit time ;)
In the last scene, the military girl speaks about Sota, how she met Sota time ago :/ Mistery?
Apr 22, 2017 12:23 PM

May 2016

"But Daddy, I wanna be like all the cool LN protagonists out there!"

"Sweetie, I just don't want you to be influenced by all those dense beta-male MCs that are out there. As your Creator and loving father, I just want what's best for you, that's all."
Apr 22, 2017 12:25 PM
Oct 2010
Cagliyora said:

That is a good point.

Maybe she is some kind of exception to the rule? She does seem to know more about the current situation than the other created characters. I'm certainly curious to see what the answer will be.

Yeah, I'd rather they were completely mistaken on how characters were chosen tbh. The current setup and possible plausible scenarios I'm thinking of doesn't seem like it will end well.

On a side note I did find it funny when that illustrator basically spoiled that girl's entire future.
Apr 22, 2017 12:25 PM
Jul 2014
GangsterCat said:
GD1551 said:

she is the protagonist of the newest light novel "Why Can't My Cute White Haired Twintail Military Princess Light Novel Character Be More Popular!?"

I'm sorry, that gave me quite the laugh.

So, to follow up on my original post:

1) What Himegimi said was "Setsuna, I met him again.......to think that he'd be involved in our destinies again...but never forget; he's a part of this world that banished you."

This confirms that Souta is not Himegimi's creator. Rather, the girl who committed suicide is, and her name is, apparently, "Setsuna." Himegimi knows of him likely because of Setsuna's relationship with Souta (which has not been expounded upon yet.

2)Confirmed that a character is native to the material or adaptation they come from

3) the collective human subconsciousness has some role in actualizing characters. Yuuya calls it "popularity," but it seems somewhat deeper than that.

4) Again, the range of views and expressions, and the small things too, that are all expressed in the episode, all of which are linked to ascribed traits.

This goes back to the Lamarck Kernel in Episode one (during Souta's tablet BSOD). It's worth pointing out that Lamarck was the first to propose a theory of inheritance in 1801. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Lamarck

He theorized what was essentially a primitive form of the theory of evolution, where he stated all beings had ascribed characteristics that could be acquired or passed down by birth or through the process of living.

This would seem to back up the theory that in order for a change to be made, it has to be distributed properly. It's not enough for a creator to write and draw a scene; it must be published and seeded in the mass consciousness for it to take effect.

Overall, a very good world-building episode that adds necessary depth to the show. My only criticism was that the fight scene seemed a bit too abrupt in ending. The noise that Alisteria's horse makes is also very annoying.
Apr 22, 2017 12:28 PM

Jun 2015
I thought Celestia was actually going to get the new spell, but it didn't work. It's pretty interesting creators can alter their characters. Yuuya knows what's going on. He's pretty smart. The ending was eerie.
Apr 22, 2017 12:29 PM
Dec 2014
GD1551 said:
I find it very interesting that Souta is pretty much a side character at this point. Them removing the girls from his house/care and him having extremely little relevance to the current events was also a pretty bold move considering that.

I also liked that the general fandom has to accept the changes made to a character for it to materialize (this isn't even confirmed yet). I would have preferred if they couldn't alter the characters after they had entered the world at all, but this is a decent compromise.

Additionally I liked that some of the characters, despite of the hardships, enjoy the worlds they came from. Having everyone come out and think "I want to change this and that" would seem a bit too forced. I get the magical girl wanting to change the world for the better because it's in her character design (as well as the heroines) but thankfully a balance exists with the biker guy.

Lastly I have no idea what Himegimi was going on about in the end, but she greatly implies there's an element of time travel involved, which I am hoping isn't true, as anime (and media in general) handle that subject badly.

All the while still having him important to the plot since he has something to do with that one character at the end, because for some reason I don't hate his character he isn't annoying like
other shy characters ( must be because the supporting cast are actually interesting)
Apr 22, 2017 12:30 PM

Dec 2016
Thank God the whole author/artist change of character thing didn't work or else every character would become far too overpowered and the series wouldn't really be fun anymore for when they fought.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 22, 2017 12:34 PM

Sep 2013
Punished Knight lady saves mahou shoujo and the main gang talks about their situation and powers.
The fire sword drawing was cool.
Apr 22, 2017 12:39 PM
Oct 2010
lord23 said:
GD1551 said:

All the while still having him important to the plot since he has something to do with that one character at the end, because for some reason I don't hate his character he isn't annoying like
other shy characters ( must be because the supporting cast are actually interesting)

I think it has a lot to do with him genuinely not being the extreme beta/shy type. His reactions so far have been believable and his interactions with the female characters haven't delved beyond anything but him helping them out a little and genuine curiosity. I believe they tried to emphasize this by the handshake scene at the end, which I thought was good direction to go in.

Not to mention since they are coming into the real world and not vice versa, they stay away from the trapping of making the MC the overpowered saviour of the world (although he maybe in his own way, time will tell). If I had to TLDR it, they made the character very difficult to self insert because he's so basic, irrelevant, flawed and powerless and none of the female cast have an unnatural attraction to him. I think that's the reason why his character is very tolerable.
Apr 22, 2017 12:46 PM

Feb 2016
I felt like literally nothing happened in this episode. I'm glad the transformation didn't work and I hope they don't start getting whatever OP shit abilities they want.
Souta probably knew Setsuna, which was the girl that suicided, and he probably stopped drawing because of her, but their connection is still unknown.

I need more of best girl nazi sword bitch. :(
Apr 22, 2017 12:52 PM

Oct 2014
>Genres: Action
Where
Apr 22, 2017 12:52 PM
Jul 2014
Aquamirror said:
I felt like literally nothing happened in this episode. I'm glad the transformation didn't work and I hope they don't start getting whatever OP shit abilities they want.
Souta probably knew Setsuna, which was the girl that suicided, and he probably stopped drawing because of her, but their connection is still unknown.

I need more of best girl nazi sword bitch. :(

It's not that it didn't work, it's that it needs to be published and accepted by "the world" in order for it to take effect.

Also, Gunpuku no Himegimi's character is actually fairly shallow. It's obvious that she's out for revenge against the world that rejected her creator.

I suspect the overall plan is something like this:

Setsuna was a good artist, but her works were relatively unpopular. Due to online harassment, etc, etc, she committed suicide. This served as a catalyst to bring Gunpuku no Himegimi into the "real" world. The latter's objective is to draw "popular" characters into the world and then use them as part of a revenge plot.
Apr 22, 2017 1:05 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, definitely liking this series so far which is a pleasant surprise given I didn't really know what to expect from this in the beginning.

Yuya is a cool character, he seems to very level headed with his current situation and interested in finding out various possibilities.

It was nice seeing our gang test their theory of gaining more powers. Too bad it didn't work out in the end, I do like the artist and her drawing was pretty cool. I agree with their conclusion that something like impression might be the missing factor, based on what Yuya stated these characters seem to be born out of the generalized image present in public. That's why the Celestia who was born had no knowledge of what happened in the novel but only the anime. I think what these characters could have done was promote the image along with it's context over the internet or something and wait for it to catch on and then test whether this impression gives her new powers. Anyway, let's see what they do from here.

The final scene was pretty interesting, what's the connection between the military girl, Souta and Setsuna?
Apr 22, 2017 1:14 PM

Feb 2016
Glad this show is 22 episodes and not 12. Really enjoying it thus far.
Apr 22, 2017 1:15 PM

Sep 2009
Shit just got genuinely good. I was watching this for the action and hilarity of the plot's absurdness. This ep just showed that there is genuine thought and heart put into its creation.

Let's hope they keep this up!

Apr 22, 2017 1:18 PM

Aug 2009
Hahahahah, Selisia failing that new spell was pretty damn hilarious. I really thought she was going to pull it off.

5/5 for this episode. No action, but the character interactions were very enjoyable. The MC is as dull as always with his minimal character presence, but he did get some development this episode. Still, I think that if you remove him from every scene, you wouldn't really notice the fact that he's gone anyway lol.
Apr 22, 2017 1:45 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Still waiting for these girls to find their own H-doujins smh
Apr 22, 2017 1:47 PM

May 2015
More of a calm episode, but I really liked to see the character interactions. Also, a lot of information was given.

Apr 22, 2017 1:55 PM
Mar 2013
Hmm
ugh
As a creator myself, there's something really cheesy and cringy about this series and I don't know if I like that. 10 year old me would've loved to be the MC's position though lmao
Apr 22, 2017 1:58 PM

Dec 2015
I wonder what Gunpuku's connection with Souta is...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 22, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
omg he must have created the military girl and forgot about her because of a tragic or some shyt. I'm super gonna be sad when its time to say goodbye which Im guessing is gonna happen. Everyone's gonna return to their worlds and Selesia's creator has memories and vows to change the story for the better.
Apr 22, 2017 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
I have the feeling Yuuya is going to be the best character of this series judging by his atitude this episode. He's a pretty chill dude when he's not fighting.

I find interesting the fact that only memorable characters from their respective media are the ones who are being summoned here. But, if the theory that Himegimi is an original character created by the bespectacled girl (Setsuna?) instead of a proper fictional character is true, then I don't know why she was summoned in the first place. Only time will tell us the true.

Thank God too the creators cannot make their creations as OP as they want in the real world, because if not, they would make Onii-sama look like a wimp in comparisson.

ToskiHero said:

"But Daddy, I wanna be like all the cool LN protagonists out there!"

"Sweetie, I just don't want you to be influenced by all those dense beta-male MCs that are out there. As your Creator and loving father, I just want what's best for you, that's all."
This is just too good to not be quoted at least once.
Apr 22, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2014
very underwhelming episode.
Basically spent all the time talking about useless things. The end was like an incarnation of all motivational scenes in anime. But they took it seriously..

Only interesting point was maybe the cafe and the ending, if the time travel theorie is correct, sota will be an author in the future and military girl is probably one of his creations.

Also the MC becomes more and more annoying by how he literally does nothing but standing and staring. I do really hope this gets like an actual plot soon.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 22, 2017 2:35 PM

Apr 2013
Meteora is really cute.

Apr 22, 2017 2:46 PM
Apr 2016
Basically a theory that Military princess is... well, she is a damaged creation of either Souta or a girl that jumped in front of the train first seconds into the series. Maybe the girl is his sister and the feelings of Souta (primarily grieve) somehow damaged her in the process of creation, or was influenced by Souta in some way. Now she is mad and talking to a dead girl she sworn would be avenged, as the world denied her then her creation will deny the world? something along the lines. Escalated quickly.
All the credits for the theory respectively go to the random commentators who have bested me.
Re:formed
Apr 22, 2017 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
I was looking forward to seeing Mirokuji in action but we didn't get that, so that was kind of a bummer. I want to learn more about the mysterious white-haired girl at the end, so hopefully that happens soon.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

244 by Karva1 »»
May 26, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

377 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.