Forum Settings
Forums

The Pauls are once again the scum of the Earth

New
Jan 1, 2018 7:48 PM

Jun 2017
Over the weekend, the YouTube star Logan Paul (older brother of Jake Paul) visited Aokigahara, a forest on the slopes of Mt. Fuji in Japan also known as the “suicide forest” for its status as a site of hundreds of suicides. While there, Paul seems to have filmed the body of a person who had hanged himself from a tree, and then posted the footage to YouTube with the title “We found a dead body in the Japanese Suicide Forest…” (Note: the video contains footage of a dead body.)

source

This is why I fucking hate the internet sometimes.

Edit: I should probably clarify why I made this thread
1) I feel disgusted and would like to discuss it.
2)This isn't to say "the Pauls did another bad thing lol", it's to talk about what is and isn't ethical/moral and how people today complete disregard that.
ZionPulseJan 1, 2018 8:15 PM
I'm a shitposter for fun
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 1, 2018 7:50 PM

Feb 2010
bystander effect at work. i hate the bystander effect.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 1, 2018 7:51 PM

Jun 2014
And who exactly are these people?

Jan 1, 2018 7:53 PM

Jul 2017
Stop talking about him.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Jan 1, 2018 7:56 PM

Oct 2017
He just single-handedly ruined his entire fucking career
Jan 1, 2018 7:58 PM

Nov 2008
While not illegal, that's just dumb and could get them demonetized.

Jan 1, 2018 8:21 PM

Apr 2017
i don't know why y'all still try when any of your hate gets deflected away by a single dab

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝚖𝚊𝚕'𝚜 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚙 !
𝚒 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗 !
Jan 1, 2018 9:00 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Logan and Jake are already annoying fuckbois but goddamn, not even once of decency in him.
gg Logan. I hope this kills his career. (of course it will not tho because 12 years old thinks hes a modafockin savage and will fuel his fame)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 1, 2018 9:15 PM

Sep 2012
this worries me about the slight possibility of the current generation of kids becoming as near-sociopath and retarded as jake and logan paul.
pewdiepie was a much better role model for kids.
the current crop of youtubers just have no common sense and from this video, they apparently don't understand the concept of sympathy.
YomiyukiJan 1, 2018 9:18 PM

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Jan 1, 2018 9:17 PM

Feb 2010
Seiya said:
And who exactly are these people?

this was going to be my next question
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 1, 2018 9:19 PM

Sep 2009
... Go fucking figure.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 1, 2018 11:24 PM

Feb 2008
Stuff like this should earn an immediate and permanent ban from entering Japan.
Jan 1, 2018 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
and disrespectful idiots like these two are why the Japanese hate us Americans. of course, the Paul brothers are on a tier of obnoxiousness that even most rational Americans find irksome, so I wouldn't blame anyone for viewing them as repulsive. The fact that anyone finds them "attractive" in any way, shape or form, makes my skin crawl. They're a couple of sad men who look twice their age and have the humorous "ability" of an unfunny twelve year old.
Jan 2, 2018 12:05 AM

Apr 2014
People are making a bigger deal out of it than they should tbh.
Jan 2, 2018 12:30 AM

Feb 2016
For anyone that wants the part of the video where he finds it.
Jan 2, 2018 12:34 AM

May 2015
I didn't watch the actual video nor will I seek it out. I did see the reaction on twitter, upon finding the body the first reaction him and his friends had was to smile. That to me is more fucked up than anything.
Jan 2, 2018 1:01 AM

Dec 2016
Will be super interested to watch the new generation of sociopaths take on the current generation of hyper sensitives. It will be a massacre....
Jan 2, 2018 2:12 AM
Feb 2014
Yomiyuki said:
this worries me about the slight possibility of the current generation of kids becoming as near-sociopath and retarded as jake and logan paul.
pewdiepie was a much better role model for kids.
the current crop of youtubers just have no common sense and from this video, they apparently don't understand the concept of sympathy.

Ahahaha yes this is so true, it's sad really. Pewds wouldn't stoop that low. Gen Z should have just collectively stuck with him.
AqutanJan 2, 2018 2:18 AM
Jan 2, 2018 2:19 AM

Jun 2015
I assume you watched said video and continue to watch his content just to complain.

Smart.

Jan 2, 2018 2:20 AM

Jun 2015
nicethings said:
and disrespectful idiots like these two are why the Japanese hate us Americans
The Japanese don't hate Americans though.

Jan 2, 2018 2:23 AM

Jul 2013
How're you going to crack a smile after seeing a dead body? Yikes.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 2, 2018 2:29 AM

Nov 2009
I had a video recommended to me on YouTube about it, but I don't generally watch drama videos, and I didn't want to run the risk of seeing something I didn't want to (i.e. a dead body). I've been largely ignoring the Pauls since I find them irritating and I choose to ignore most irritating things, but there's nothing okay about this. Many of their fans are very young, for starters, and exposing them to footage like that in the name of entertainment is incredibly irresponsible. Don't even get me started on what's wrong with recording the footage and posting it anywhere in the first place. While I don't wish specific ill-will toward them, I do hope there are repercussions for their actions and that they actually learn from it.
Jan 2, 2018 2:35 AM

Jul 2017
Protaku said:

People like to bandwagon.
Jan 2, 2018 2:37 AM

May 2017
Pencoe said:
Protaku said:

I don't know, maybe filming a video of a dead person who committed suicide to his young and impressionable fanbase and MONETIZING THE VIDEO isn't all that bad. Just mindless bandwagoning, amiright?
Jan 2, 2018 2:45 AM

Jul 2017
BaneofKermit said:
Pencoe said:

I don't know, maybe filming a video of a dead person who committed suicide to his young and impressionable fanbase and MONETIZING THE VIDEO isn't all that bad. Just mindless bandwagoning, amiright?

All I'm saying is that he's been getting waves of hate for various reasons and everybody always hones in on his actions lately. I can't seem to escape the hate for either of them since everybody hops on. Overall I heard he said he demonetised and also took it down, but I'm not denying he's a bit of an idiot, shouldn't have put the person in the thumbnail and tried to use them for views, and would have been better off just cutting the video short with an understandable explanation of the situation instead of including it all in the video.
Jan 2, 2018 2:48 AM

May 2017
Pencoe said:
BaneofKermit said:

All I'm saying is that he's been getting waves of hate for various reasons and everybody always hones in on his actions lately. I can't seem to escape the hate for either of them since everybody hops on. Overall I heard he said he demonetised and also took it down, but I'm not denying he's a bit of an idiot, shouldn't have put the person in the thumbnail and tried to use them for views, and would have been better off just cutting the video short with an understandable explanation of the situation instead of including it all in the video.

Obviously, there are always going to be people who feed off of negativity and go overboard with this kind of stuff, and I agree that he should have just stopped recording as soon as he saw the dead body and coupled it with a short explanation.
Jan 2, 2018 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
Pencoe said:
Protaku said:

Well, to be completely fair, it is insanely disrespectful to those who’ve struggled with suicide or who’ve had a friend or loved one struggle with or even die from suicide. After I read a bit more into it, I discovered Paul also claimed later (as an attempt to save his ass) that he was doing it for “suicide awareness”, which everyone knows is a crock of horseshit, and it involves him throwing mentally ill people who’ve had or struggled with thoughts of suicide under the bus. That’s just sad and sick to me on a personal level.
Jan 2, 2018 3:41 AM

Jun 2015
BaneofKermit said:
Pencoe said:

Negative attention is better than none, as experience shows.

The point is that he's still very relevant, largely due to people disliking him.
Making videos or threads about him in any light draws people to him.
There are much better ways.

Jan 2, 2018 3:50 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Let's not forget all these youtubers who are going to make a monetized video about him filming a dead person and monetizing it. #hypocrisy
Jan 2, 2018 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
Ok how stupid can he i think why would you even upload it you Youtube oh i know he wonted views and laughing about it after hes just a disrespectful fuck

i cant wait for the back lash he gets everyones going to rip him apart

but i think PewDiePie sumed up Logan Pauls thoughts while makeing that video perfectly on twitter
Jan 2, 2018 4:24 AM

Dec 2010
They never redeemed themselves if I remember correctly.
Lying ✔
Cheating ✔
Objectification of women ✔
Racism ✔
Using Make-A-Wish foundation for self-gratulation in one of their "country" songs ✔
Breaking laws ✔

キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Jan 2, 2018 4:32 AM
Nov 2017
Disappointed in myself for even clicking on this.

Jan 2, 2018 4:45 AM

Nov 2013
Don't know anything about these guys other than their names being thrown around negatively. Looks like a typical trashy celebrity that's popular for no reason.
I'm sure there's a lot of deeply uhhfended people who will take advantage of his popularity for clicks though.

I can see you

Jan 2, 2018 4:52 AM

Apr 2011
When you make the internet sided with PewDiePie in 2017, you know you done fucked up.
Jan 2, 2018 4:59 AM

Mar 2014
Why haven’t the Logan brothers been banned from Youtube yet
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 2, 2018 5:11 AM

Aug 2016
What did you expect from the Pauls...

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Jan 2, 2018 6:07 AM

Apr 2011
I am fairly certain that many people would respond similarly when stumbling upon a situation like this. It is something entirely unexpected and sudden, and many an individual's initial coping mechanism would be nervousness – laughing and excitement are very, very common. I even daresay that the overwrought versus the exciting reactions might be divided halfway through.

I know from myself that I would likely react in a similar way. I am fairly interested in human psychology and what drives people to commit an act of suicide in different ways. And yes, I am quite aware; I have been facing depression for the past fifteen years, it simply acts differently for everyone. Many people feel little empathy for complete strangers, however it might seem like this particular group is smaller than those of the 'correct' way of showing emotion and empathy toward others. We simply do not voice our thoughts that often because we are viewed as 'incorrect'. I know many people in my surroundings for instance who feel absolutely nothing and even laugh at television commercials of Unicef or other third world country organisations – images of starving and emaciated children covered in flies does nothing to them. I cannot say this behaviour is wrong. Not everybody is the perfect embodiment of empathy.
Lestat-Jan 2, 2018 6:11 AM

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 2, 2018 6:25 AM

Mar 2015
i am glad that i am ignorance about them....

Lestat- said:
I am fairly certain that many people would respond similarly when stumbling upon a situation like this. It is something entirely unexpected and sudden, and many an individual's initial coping mechanism would be nervousness – laughing and excitement are very, very common. I even daresay that the overwrought versus the exciting reactions might be divided halfway through.

I know from myself that I would likely react in a similar way. I am fairly interested in human psychology and what drives people to commit an act of suicide in different ways. And yes, I am quite aware; I have been facing depression for the past fifteen years, it simply acts differently for everyone. Many people feel little empathy for complete strangers, however it might seem like this particular group is smaller than those of the 'correct' way of showing emotion and empathy toward others. We simply do not voice our thoughts that often because we are viewed as 'incorrect'. I know many people in my surroundings for instance who feel absolutely nothing and even laugh at television commercials of Unicef or other third world country organisations – images of starving and emaciated children covered in flies does nothing to them. I cannot say this behaviour is wrong. Not everybody is the perfect embodiment of empathy.

he is fully aware of it, taking hours to edit it, and put it as fucking tumbnail then upload it to youtube... talking about initial reaction... he is fully aware about what he was doing, but somewhat too late realizing consequence what he was doing and retreated... as nihilist as i am, i found it hugly disrespectful, especially to the people who still alive... genuinly, i am laugh at this all too, but i don't be open about it... i would laugh harder if it's all fake....
KumaJan 2, 2018 6:30 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 2, 2018 7:35 AM

Mar 2012
YouTube's vlogging community is shit.

149597871 said:
Let's not forget all these youtubers who are going to make a monetized video about him filming a dead person and monetizing it. #hypocrisy
That's not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy requires equivalence. You can question whether it's ethical to give the Pauls any coverage (I'd never heard of them until this thread and I plan to forget), but denouncing their sociopathy is not equivalent to being a sociopath, even if those people seem to be indirectly profiting from the same event. They are actually profiting from a different event (the Pauls video) and with completely different intentions/outcomes (denounce sociopathy/reduce the acceptability of sociopathy).

Even though we know that mass shooters generally crave attention, media outlets aren't hypocrites for denouncing them while giving them attention. Misguided, maybe, but intentions matter.
JoshJan 2, 2018 7:39 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 2, 2018 9:20 AM

Dec 2017
I don't know if I can say anything about this that hasn't been said, but I'm very disgusted and disappointed and I just want to let it out...

It was so disrespectful of Logan Paul to just show a dead body like that. It doesn't matter how much you censor it, that is awful!! I dearly wish that Logan would learn his lesson, but I know that's not going to happen, he's probably gaining even more views because of this drama, and I bet he's enjoying every second of this.

I hate the Pauls from the bottom of my heart...

Jan 2, 2018 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
I usually never wish bad things on a person, but I hope Logan and Jake's YouTube channels get deleted and I hope they lose all of their money.
Jan 2, 2018 9:46 AM

May 2009
Hoppy said:
While not illegal, that's just dumb and could get them demonetized.

The showing of the body might not, but they entered a restricted area, and that might be illegal, depending on what the Japanese authorities plan on doing with this violation.

Guess I'm glad this is the first (and hopefully last) time I've heard of these people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2018 11:05 AM
Feb 2014
Pewds is on point right here

yhunata said:
When you make the internet sided with PewDiePie in 2017, you know you done fucked up.

You act as if he's killed a man. Posting silly Nazi memes isn't in the same vein as pointing at a dead body and laughing at it.
AqutanJan 2, 2018 11:20 AM
Jan 2, 2018 11:19 AM

Oct 2014
Woah, for a moment I thought this would be about Ron & Rand Paul or something. But appearently it's just about some guys who think they can rap even though they can't.

Jake Paul said when it comes to overcoming his youtube rivials that "pewdiepie is next", but that only seems to be the case in terms of most-disliked-video ranking, as pewdiepie has shown us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-disliked_YouTube_videos

Still what Logan Paul did seems quite distasteful.
Grey-ZoneJan 2, 2018 11:31 AM
Jan 2, 2018 12:41 PM

Dec 2012
Well at least YT's Top Trending has a sense of humor:
Jan 2, 2018 1:30 PM

May 2015
Protaku said:

How so? Do you actually know what he did?

Jan 2, 2018 1:36 PM

May 2015
code said:
BaneofKermit said:

Negative attention is better than none, as experience shows.

The point is that he's still very relevant, largely due to people disliking him.
Making videos or threads about him in any light draws people to him.
There are much better ways.

Talking about it, even if it does give him more fame, is better than just ignoring it.

Jan 2, 2018 3:50 PM

Dec 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFmSepfF48o
I liked what Pewdiepie had to say about this whole thing
"I always knew Logan Paul was a jackass, so I really wasn't surprised by the fact that once Logan Paul found a dead body, that he acted like a jackass"
I agree with everything he says in the last 6 minutes of this video.
Jan 2, 2018 11:00 PM

Aug 2007
None of you really actually care anyway since none of you knew the person who killed themselves.
Jan 3, 2018 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
The best way to deal with attention whores is to ignore them, rather than making scandalized thread about them so that more peoples know them, talk about them, and watch them.
So attention whores are always thankful toward peoples like OP. They do exactly what they want.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.