3It was OK
28.1%
2Disliked it
14.9%
1Hated it
19.7%
Average 3.0
249 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2019 2:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The preair is online.

You know a show is going to be ridiculous when it starts with a dirty magazine and masochist jokes. The epsiode features pretty much Takuma and Natsuki so far. There's some other characters appearing but I guess they are going to be the most prominent pair. Looks like characters have levels too lol...
Stark700Oct 5, 2019 9:23 AM
Sep 29, 2019 3:53 AM

Jan 2013
I hope the BDs are getting a lot of fixes because there are nipples in the manga and that's censored here by blonde girl's hair (plus a few missing close ups of her panties when she's on top of him). A downer so far considering this is handled by hoods entertainment.

The "sony is slowly turning squeenix woke" fears are gaining more steam considering the content.
Sep 29, 2019 6:15 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't watched the pre-air but my interest made me watch a little bit and i will watch it later when i wake up tomorrow and post what I can say about the series LOL. PM me for the link of pre-air of episode 1 if ever there's someone who wanted to watch it :p Blonde hair +megane = Heaven

vicexxvSep 29, 2019 6:36 AM
Kitan~!
Sep 29, 2019 9:55 PM
Mar 2018
OMGGG. you dont hit someone with that ost and NOT WATCH IT!!
Oct 1, 2019 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
sonictoryuiai said:
I hope the BDs are getting a lot of fixes because there are nipples in the manga and that's censored here by blonde girl's hair (plus a few missing close ups of her panties when she's on top of him). A downer so far considering this is handled by hoods entertainment.

The "sony is slowly turning squeenix woke" fears are gaining more steam considering the content.

Huh, didn't realize Square Enix published the original manga. Would they have that effect on the anime too, or is that just a broadcast restriction? Thankfully Sentai grabbed the show, so if there is an uncensored version, they'll release it. How bad is the changes compared?
Oct 4, 2019 6:57 AM

Jan 2018
So is this a serious story that ivolves nudity because its supposed to be mature and serious or is it just fanservice ?

Oct 4, 2019 8:49 AM

May 2012
CuteAssTiger said:
So is this a serious story that ivolves nudity because its supposed to be mature and serious or is it just fanservice ?

It can be both serious and fanservice.
Oct 4, 2019 11:15 PM

May 2009
CuteAssTiger said:

It's haremshit with norse gods powered girls.
Oct 5, 2019 7:20 AM
Oct 2019
Will this be licensed by Crunchyroll or Funimation?
Oct 5, 2019 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
That one guy that fell from the window lol.

And poor Takuma, being treated like a demon. Though he does have nine girls living with him so he should consider himself lucky.

Oct 5, 2019 8:27 AM

Oct 2014
The animation was really mediocre.

Takuma is like Shinra, except minus the world building in Fire Force's first episode. I feel bad for him, but also I have no clue why a battalion of babes want his dick. More harem fodder.
Oct 5, 2019 8:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm this is cool.
I really like harem romance ecchi so I'm enjoying this anime for the moment.
It made me think so much of Isuca.
Oct 5, 2019 8:31 AM

Oct 2017
Well a fun harem ecchi anime with some interesting girls and the main character is pretty interesting too.
Oct 5, 2019 8:36 AM

Dec 2014
Okay start, I pretty much started watching this because I liked Natsuki in the poster art. I did end up liking her a lot, so that's good.

Ponytail Natsuki is <3

While the girls seem interesting, I don't know if I'll be able to sit through this show until the very end.
Oct 5, 2019 8:40 AM

Mar 2013
Of course there's a Naruto runner in the OP
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 5, 2019 8:44 AM

Jul 2016
it felt like i watched episode 4 and worked backwards to episode 1
Oct 5, 2019 8:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm the school sure has quite the number of cute and beautiful girls. Damm the mc's pretty tall for a high school student. Still its harsh that due to his aura Takuma's childhood has been rather empty. Takuma's house though large as it is sure has some curious occupants. A valk that gains exp via intimate acts with her liege huh interesting idea. While Natsuki's display of her power was impressive seems that there are some that oppose Takuma being the one that bonds them. Overall an impressive first ep that did well in introducing the mc and the first of the girls. The mc's base personality is a bit of a curious one and im curious to see how he handles the relationships with the rest of the sisters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2019 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
Brilliant start. Really, I expected literally nothing and it turned into interesting and enjoyable, not forced ecchi series. It's been a while since I watched good ecchi series like this.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 5, 2019 9:29 AM
Oct 2018
Which streaming service is currently airing this? Can't seem to find it.
Oct 5, 2019 9:31 AM
May 2016
This was done by Hoods? Ugh how disappointing, that whole thing was bad. None of the girls are really appealing enough for me to want to watch more, and is he really going to "power up" the little girl? o_0
Oct 5, 2019 9:32 AM
May 2016
The_Falagor said:
Which streaming service is currently airing this? Can't seem to find it.

HiDive, Sentai's site
Oct 5, 2019 9:37 AM
Jun 2017
Hmmm... i will watch this one. Hahaha
Oct 5, 2019 9:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The whole "MC powering up girls by doing lewd stuff to them" idea isn't exactly revolutionary by now

I've seen it done worse though but still, seems pretty mediocre. As always, action + ecchi is not a good combo

Also they really could've explained things better here as far as the exposition goes. Felt like you had no idea why the girls were there in the first place for most of the episode
Oct 5, 2019 9:47 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, never thought that Hoods Entertainment will use this as a comeback. @RebelPanda FYI for the mediocre animation.

MC Akutsu Takuma the "Demon-face" certainly raises some doubts that he will be the centrifugal piece of the show. Due to his perceived aggressive behaviour, it's known that making friends became a phobia.

However, the many girls that camped in his home...those are the real killers. The chosen guy for many girls to fan their love towards him.

The manga itself is full-on nudity, and I understand the censoring. But wow, am I impressed that it followed all the way through with the Valkyrie terminology.

RebelPanda said:
Takuma is like Shinra, except minus the world building in Fire Force's first episode. I feel bad for him, but also I have no clue why a battalion of babes want his dick. More harem fodder.

It seems that way. I remember a similar manga (Peter Grill no Jikan) that has the same concept, that got greenlit for an anime adaptation just very recently.

I think I'm actually gonna invest fully in this series. The similarity to Date A Live is there, just replace it with Asgard, Odin and Valkyries history of "love is the answer".

May be the surprise hit of the season, I'm actually shocked by how good it is.
Oct 5, 2019 9:53 AM

Sep 2017
Trite and poorly produced. You could tell it's gonna be another My Sister My Writer by the OP isn't even barely animated. Probably the production disaster of this season.
Oct 5, 2019 9:57 AM

Jun 2017
HaXXspetten said:
The whole "MC powering up girls by doing lewd stuff to them" idea isn't exactly revolutionary by now

I've seen it done worse though but still, seems pretty mediocre. As always, action + ecchi is not a good combo

Also they really could've explained things better here as far as the exposition goes. Felt like you had no idea why the girls were there in the first place for most of the episode

Well at least the new part is that the dude is not enjoying the situation at all..for now.
Oct 5, 2019 9:57 AM

Jan 2019
Tbh better than expected, despite the mediocrity in animation. Not a fan of the MC’s voice though, although it fits alright to the character. Might check out next episode but let’s hope that it wouldn’t nosedive in quality like many other harem shows.
Oct 5, 2019 10:03 AM
Apr 2013
Is this Seikon no Qwaser x Koiken Otome? I... don't know WHAT I was expecting, but not this. Oh well, the girls are cute, the guy is somewhat relatable, the opening is catchy. Will continue this for two more episodes, and decide then.
Oct 5, 2019 10:42 AM

May 2013
So this is about MC-kun powering up girls through intimacy? I think I have seen this already, multiple times.

Hard pass
Oct 5, 2019 10:46 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like generic ecchi harem. First episode looked fine, but I'm afraid it will get old and cringy really fast.

Oct 5, 2019 10:54 AM
Jul 2019
Man, this episode was just all over the place, it difficult to make heads and tails until you get to the end.
Horn_dawg_2019Oct 5, 2019 11:03 AM
Oct 5, 2019 10:57 AM
Oct 2018
There is nothing innovative

Nothing impressive animation Ok

Very weak history, so they get strong when touched in private parts, how boring. this anime
Oct 5, 2019 11:09 AM
Oct 2018
There is nothing innovative 👎

Nothing impressive animation 👎

Very weak history, so they get strong when touched in private parts, how boring. this anime 😪
Oct 5, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2017
This is just....terrible. It feels forced and it's like a date a live(which is also shit) in reverse
Oct 5, 2019 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
It was kinda meh tbh
Oct 5, 2019 12:07 PM

Jan 2011
Life would be so much simpler if people would just read the descriptors for series before being offended. It's harem and it's ecchi, so if you don't like those genres, don't watch.

That being said, the question is how well does it work as an ecchi harem rom/com and frankly it's a little too early to tell. It opened in medias res, so that's one sign that it might be elevated a little bit above the run of the mill, but the female characters are a little cliche at this point and the animation is by no mean top tier. The plot looks to be tied to the Norse pantheon and Ragnarok, with clues pointaing to Surtr as being one of the main villains.

The most interesting thing plot-wise, is that the nine Valkyrie are all aware of who they are, as is the MC, so the real story looks like it might be how do these girls turn a very reluctant Takuma into someone who really is a lover, since that is what is needed to save the world.

I'm hoping for something like HS DxD, or To Love Ru in the end, particularly as some of the female leads are already top tier waifu material, although with a shounen manga as a source, rather than an LN, or a seinen source, I'm probably going to be disappointed.

rodacOct 5, 2019 12:48 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 5, 2019 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
Watched the OP, almost dropped it. I heard Kaede Hondo... SOLD! And then Ai Kakuma.... an then Rina Hidaka..... and then Yumi Hara. They really got me with the seiyus xD.

The part where the guy throws himself out the window was fucking hilarious lmao.

Genuinely surprised with this one, it was quite funny and it's nice to have a full
harem ecchi show. One thing I'd like is to have some more background on how the girls just started living there.

Oct 5, 2019 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
Lewd but not as lewd as I remembered, or maybe I'm mixing it up with another series, been a while since I bothered to look at the manga. Still not a fan of the male protagonist regardless. Also the fight scene was very... very meh. Some anime try to do more but it seems like this won't be one of them.

Anyway, definitely not gonna do well with the anime community, shows that involve power up through lewding almost always never do.
Oct 5, 2019 1:01 PM

Apr 2010
I liked it, there aren't many (school) harem ecchi anime anymore so I'm happy to have this one at least.
Oct 5, 2019 1:04 PM

May 2017
almightydingus said:

Funny because I felt the exact same way!
Oct 5, 2019 1:12 PM

Dec 2014
lol a harem about sisters... hmmm like the MC
Oct 5, 2019 3:39 PM

Mar 2019
The animation is horrible, mediocre story , Will be the typical ecchi of the season...
Oct 5, 2019 4:31 PM

Nov 2016
The premise seems straight outta a hentai xD

But surprisingly fun start. I like the MC, some of the girls(Itsuyo and Yakumo are my favs) and it was also cool in a silly way. Definitely looking forward to more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2019 4:47 PM
Oct 2019
I love they switch beetween akuma and demon just because they had to leave "akuma" untranslated for that shitty pun at the start about MC's name being similar to akuma.
They could've translated akuma as demon at all times. The pun would've been lost, yes. But it's not like this is a pun comedy, and MC's nickname as "akuma" (demon) is because of people being afraid of him, not a pun on his name.
Oct 5, 2019 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
almightydingus said:

This perfectly describes why I felt so uncomfortable watching this. It tried to jam 4 episodes worth of knowledge into a single episode, except we learn nothing. In episode 1 they introduce 10 people, start In Medias Res, and immediately proceed to dive into nonsense fanservice. Basically the MAL synopsis is a 10 second flashback in the last 60 seconds of the episode.

This was weak. Really weak. I don't know what the source is like, but what we have here is shallow, rushed, and greedy.
Oct 5, 2019 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
Is it me or does Natsuki look a lot like Itsuki from Gotoubun no Hanayome?
Oct 5, 2019 6:24 PM
Aug 2018
almightydingus said:

Hahaha...me too!
Oct 5, 2019 6:31 PM

Jul 2019
A guy is given control over nine valkyrie, who gain power the more in love they are, to defeat the invading 悪魔. Honestly, the plot doesn't sound all that interesting and the anime itself doesn't really have anything else going for it. It just feels like one of those "pick your waifu" shows disguised as something a little bit more serious. I really dislike the dark colors of this. Like it's not dark in the sense that there's a lot of stylish blacks, it's just normal colors with darker shades, like the entire show has poor lighting. This is anime, it's supposed to be bright and colorful. MC isn't likable either. The people in the show treat him like a zombie and that's exactly how he comes off to the audience as well. Frankenstein in both looks and personality.
Oct 5, 2019 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
to call this a mess seems like a understatement , felt like i was watching the first episode of a second season that had a minor flash back recap only to find out this is some kind of battle harem ecchi conception which will always be a terrible premise.

3 ep rule but either on a hot drop or a save for a another day
Oct 5, 2019 9:19 PM

Oct 2008
another harem of 9 daughters...wow i hope he can handle that...he can't even handle himself of being treated as criminal because of his big akuma looks...
3/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Why hated?

antohanxia - Dec 25, 2019

13 by HibiChika »»
Dec 8, 2023 4:34 AM

Poll: » Val x Love Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

31 by RafaBryan »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:54 AM

» Best Girl?

pastofdraw - Oct 5, 2019

13 by GOD_USOPP34 »»
May 17, 2022 8:41 PM

» Worst MC of all time

Shomix - Dec 19, 2019

4 by Hayaka147 »»
Sep 9, 2021 12:56 AM

» Season 2?

Radtoter - Sep 7, 2021

2 by Radtoter »»
Sep 7, 2021 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.