Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2019 6:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, we got the nine valkyries together united together for the finale battle. When you add Takuma together, that's more additional firepower.

Pretty meh finale though. The episode felt all over the place with the final battle against the akuma. They even had to introduce another character in the final episode...
Dec 21, 2019 6:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was ok for a final episode, the whole show was ok I think, it was entertaining but with many cringe moments.
Dec 21, 2019 7:04 AM
Jul 2018
the ending is good I wonder if there is season 2 or ova or movie or special ep
Dec 21, 2019 7:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Takuma's power up sure is the tide change that is solely needed in this battle. That was one hell of a kiss that Natsuki exchanged with Takuma though. Still the enemies trump card really was a powerful one that they barely managed to stop. Though to think that the enemies attack was merely a decoy to mask the true attack vector. Misa though sure had a rather close call with death though not to mention a rather strange adventure in the shadow realm as well. At the same time it also provided the perfect stage for Takuma to finally shred the last remnants from his previous self and embrace his new self. Its nice that Shino was able to lose her helmet and finally meet Takuma while also offering her seiyuu some lines. To think that she's the strongest of the sisters. Congrats to Takuma though for being able to reach number one in exam results though. Overall a decent end to the series that managed to cement Takuma's change into the hero that he always aspired to be while also allowing him to fulfil the one promise that he always tried to keep. Im curious though on whether the intro of Shino as well as the retreat of Skuld means they're going for a sequel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2019 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
They just had to include Yamada falling for the window again.

It was an okay finale for an average show. Nothing special. 5/10.

Dec 21, 2019 7:39 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was good and a nice way to end this season. This series was pretty fun to watch, some of the girls were really amusing like Ichika XD. This proly won't get a new season but if it does then I'm definitely on board.
Dec 21, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2017
Pretty weird concept and overall execution. A lot of cringe moments. 5/10 from me. I might check out the next season, if ever get one.
Dec 21, 2019 1:13 PM

Jun 2017
That was a way more okay ending than I thought it would be, I'd say 5 is really harsh so I leave my final verdict at 6. It had some bad episodes, some cringe episodes and actually a few decent ones here and there. I doubt we will be seeing a second season but I wouldn't mind lmao.
Dec 21, 2019 3:36 PM

Jul 2017
HOO BOY, this exhausting journey is FINALLY OVER.

With this episode having known its end is nigh, this ending was somewhat better than I have expected. The enemies being intermediaries towards the main deal is slower than expected, but that is no excuse to introduce new arms at this time.

Even the Takuma from then isn't the Takuma of now, he has regained his strength over not just from the paradox of his own life's regrets and risking the lives of the sisters. Wait...another of the sisters just introduced...I smell a plot for Season 2 (if that ever was planned at all).

Oh well what this adaptation covered was just nice for an ending spot, at least it knew how to handle plot pacing well, and that's saying the very least of its problems.

Goodbye, and good riddance to this anime.
Dec 21, 2019 4:26 PM
Jan 2017
After 12 episodes, Val × Love comes to an end. At long last, this miserable and hideous excuse for an anime is over. Surprisingly, the bad guys get a small victory after stealing a MacGuffin from the Valkyries, but on the whole, this was a pretty clichéd, "the adventure continues" stuff that is so prevalent in seasonal anime. Takuma reaffirms his intention to become the ultimate beta male and the Valkyries are more determined than ever to win his affections, but honestly I couldn't care less about that. Watching this show was an agonizing slog to the end and nothing of importance was accomplished here. Seriously, I don't think any discussion for the worst anime of 2019 would be complete without bringing up this particular title. Fortunately, the show's over and it will never hurt anyone ever again. We are free.
Dec 21, 2019 5:33 PM
Oct 2018
Ffs this shit is now over
Dec 21, 2019 5:53 PM
May 2017
A lot of potential of the story wasted. 'Val x Love' could be much better, an adorable Ecchi anime...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 21, 2019 6:22 PM

Jul 2017
Failed at a story, failed at a good MC, hell even failed at being good at ecchi. At least some of the girls weren't too bad and some of the comedy was nice

naked kissing/10
Dec 21, 2019 10:55 PM
Oct 2019
And its over.
Takuma was the best student. Got a new girl.
We all know that the story is not good, just watched it for the ecchi. There was sometimes that i got tired and wanted to drop , i didnt bcs it would be a waste of time so i made it till the final.
Would i watch this again(or 2nd season)? Nope
Dec 22, 2019 1:00 AM

Dec 2014
with some eechi scenes in between... it was a ridiculously average anime
Dec 22, 2019 8:53 AM

May 2018
Wlep this shit is finally over......Ok so what's the next shitty anime to come?

JiangHaoyi1979Dec 22, 2019 9:26 AM
Dec 22, 2019 1:45 PM

Oct 2008
huh...errrrr...i though Ichika is supposed to be the strongest of the 9 Sisters? then the very last remaining sister that showed-up the last episode is Shino and then they told us that she's the Strongest? I think they mean the strongest girl in Valkyrie form?
4/5.
6/10.
would fap is there's S2 LOLZ!

Dec 23, 2019 6:53 PM

Jul 2017
Holy Jesus. One of the worst harems i've seen, period. The story, even though it was pretty bad itself, it wasn't even the worst thing to come out of this, it was the characters, oh how i had trouble with all of these characters, they are all forgettable, especially the MC... wich was painfully stupid to look at. What is this anime? Masou Gakuen HxH: less ecchi and even more pathetic version of it? Seems like it i guess.

2/10, just like hitting a wall with your head till it breaks.
Dec 26, 2019 8:41 PM

Mar 2009
WaterLord said:
Holy Jesus. One of the worst harems i've seen, period. The story, even though it was pretty bad itself, it wasn't even the worst thing to come out of this, it was the characters, oh how i had trouble with all of these characters, they are all forgettable, especially the MC... wich was painfully stupid to look at. What is this anime? Masou Gakuen HxH: less ecchi and even more pathetic version of it? Seems like it i guess.

Exactly my feelings. Boy, this one was bad.
Dec 27, 2019 2:04 AM
Jul 2009
WaterLord said:

I would agree with some statements, but "one of the worst harems i've seen"? I can't agree with that, I still think School Days is a way worst harem than this honestly. Compare to that, This anime did had potential but wasn't use to its fullest extent why it falls flat, the characters are attractive, but forgettable and a disappointment actually especially Shino's character, out of all of the 9 sisters didn't that much screen time which is a very poor idea and the MC isn't that bad at first I didn't like him at first cause how he was designed but he was one of those character grows on you in a short period of time. Masou Gakuen HxH, was another one that I enjoy the most (for the wrong reasons) during the year of 2016, is in the middle between Bahamut Chronicles and Hundred. Just another harem with the same issues hold apply but trying to sprinkling something different to spice it up a bit to be interesting to say the least.

To be generous for the score, it's a 6/10 for me. It's not good nor bad, it feels like down in the middle imo.
Dec 27, 2019 9:32 PM

Feb 2012
salehxxxx said:
the ending is good I wonder if there is season 2 or ova or movie or special ep
Uh, no. That's the only answer.
Dec 29, 2019 3:37 PM

Nov 2016
The cringy moments were actually what made this anime entertaining.

Wouldn't mind a second season tbh.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 5, 2020 9:40 AM

Feb 2014
I ended up liking this more than I thought. Though I confess I thought about dropping this after 4 or 5 episodes.

The MC really was annoying but at least he showed himself useful when needed and had a development in the end.

Jan 17, 2020 11:43 AM

May 2009
It was bad, boring and forgettable.
Apr 9, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty interesting to see the window jumping origin of the legendary stuntman Yamada

Overall not much action, only the last two episodes contained some major fights

The plot was strong with this one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), but on a more serious note the built up for most things could definitely had been done better and the ecchi didn't do much good as it kind of happened too abruptly, from just kissing one episode to going full naked the next

Most of the characters felt kind of meaningless and just there to fill things up, kind of hoped they did a little bit more with Takuma's scary appearance

Jun 14, 2020 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty average for an ecchi harem show but I still wish the story could be better and the MC wasn't so awkward.
Aug 21, 2020 5:03 PM

Feb 2014
I'm not even sure what happend halfway the episode, they were all trapped by the bad guys, and then the next scene they weren't, whatever.

it was boring at parts, but others parts were funny and all the T&A made for great nut material, 6/10 I guess.
Oct 10, 2021 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
i loved this series

i dont get the hate for this series i can only guess people was mad because the mc wasnt some pretty boy lol

but this series was great and im really hoping for another season to come
"one step at a time"
Nov 12, 2022 2:22 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Was okay anime. Enjoyed it enough.

Although full series I thought. If they do perverted or love stuff to get powerups. How damn strong they would get once they have sex and other degeneracy XD
Jan 16, 2023 12:02 AM
Aug 2015
Date a live but good. 9/10
Apr 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Jul 2012
If ova realeased, they all could be pregnant (even the new white haired girl), saved the world and happy ending 🤣

Tbh, i am watching this just for those ecchi moment lol
The hell care with the male personality, as we all know.. could be worst male on this kind of anime..

Jul 1, 2023 9:54 AM

Aug 2022
It's good, yeah why not? not bad at all. If you don't like it, don't watch it. That's it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Why hated?

antohanxia - Dec 25, 2019

13 by HibiChika »»
Dec 8, 2023 4:34 AM

» Best Girl?

pastofdraw - Oct 5, 2019

13 by GOD_USOPP34 »»
May 17, 2022 8:41 PM

Poll: » Val x Love Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2019

92 by DazeFire »»
Oct 10, 2021 4:15 AM

» Worst MC of all time

Shomix - Dec 19, 2019

4 by Hayaka147 »»
Sep 9, 2021 12:56 AM

» Season 2?

Radtoter - Sep 7, 2021

2 by Radtoter »»
Sep 7, 2021 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.