3It was OK
18.7%
2Disliked it
4.8%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.0
477 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2018 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, those creepy photos...

As over the top the previous episode seemed, this one felt slightly more creepier especially with that woman with the mad-looking eyes. The mood also got quite serious with the bloodshed and killing.

Shit got real this episode.
Stark700Jan 12, 2018 8:40 AM
Jan 12, 2018 7:44 AM

Dec 2015
Souichi + Miss Fuchi
Secret of the Haunted House/The Souichi Front confirmed ?

"Moe Desu !"
Jan 12, 2018 8:07 AM

Dec 2016
another creepy episode. as a fan of ito's other works i think this show is pretty solid and i'm enjoying it so far
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 12, 2018 8:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was terrifying, definitely what i expect from this series. Both stories were creepy and i was backing off from the screen a few times.
Jan 12, 2018 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
While each minute passed in the episode I had an image pop in my head of a building full of expressionless people working on this anime. My god, it has zero passion.
Jan 12, 2018 8:39 AM

Apr 2017
Im loving this anime so far. It's crazy how Ito manages to create a subtle comedy (first part) while heavely disturbing situations are shown. Im a big fan of these facial expressions and sharp structures, they really made an excellent job keeping this essence (colors and stuff) from Junji's work.

Another little story (talking about the last one) which I think many manga readers will find some similarities with Junji's magnum opus Uzumaki (again some weird disease takes place on someone's body and the way it spreads is completely unknown)

I've have also decided to read once per week each of these short manga portrayed here.
FeR__Jan 12, 2018 11:38 AM
Jan 12, 2018 8:41 AM

May 2010
Her face is pure nightmarefuel for me.
Jan 12, 2018 8:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The second half of this ep was kinda deep but man shit got real in the first half

I would have shit my pants constantly if I were around that creepy looking monster lady....That poor girl got eaten too
Jan 12, 2018 8:50 AM

Jul 2016
Loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

I was waiting for the creepy woman story, it's definitely one of my favorites, and the episode was able to reproduce the uncanny and straining atmosphere that the manga made me feel when I first read it, wow.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Jan 12, 2018 8:58 AM

Mar 2013
personally I think the second half is way better then the first half. Long dreams, a doctor becoming insane about wanting people to no longer fear death, the first victim of long dreams kept mutating or slowly decaying each day until he turns to dust I loved it. In all honesty I really wanted to see more or rather I wanted to see if mami would end up marrying tetsurou in her dreams.

the first part was not really that good more like (and this is going to be a bad summary): look at this woman she's so creepy she can't be a famous model, hey let's add her in our movie, uncomfortable moments, dude she has fangs she's not human, guys that creepy woman just ate our main actress, quit lying show us proof, holy crap she's monster run, main character dies. bad summary aside the moral of this story is yes judge a book by it's cover and friends/coworkers can be idiots at times. it felt like a b maybe even c level horror movie cliche.
Jan 12, 2018 9:03 AM
Jul 2017
I think they could improve certain things like the animation (the persecution in the forest) and the BSO in resolutive scenes. 3/5
Jan 12, 2018 9:07 AM

Feb 2017
The tone got more creepier and darker. And that face tho
Jan 12, 2018 9:18 AM
Jul 2014
bruh I was hyped to see the fashion model part animated this episode (took me by surprise actually), since I read it for the first time a few days ago. And boy was it creepy. Plus I read it at night (1 AM or some time like that) which enhanced the creepiness. This episode gave me the exact same feel from the manga. But the one that I'm also waiting to see is Rib Women. Be prepared for some twisted shit in that episode whenever it is going to air.
Jan 12, 2018 9:37 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
The anime delivers exactly what I felt when I was reading the manga. I think they did a very good job adapting it and that the show does justice to the original work.

Here I am, hoping it'll end up with a rating of 7.xx at least.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jan 12, 2018 9:42 AM

Jun 2015
The two stories in this episode was quite creepy, but that fashion model was nightmare fuel. The poor girl got eaten. Dreams lasting years sounds terrifying.
Jan 12, 2018 9:48 AM
Sep 2017
I definitely liked this episode more than the first. One complaint is I kind of wish the stories were a little bit longer but I do think they are well done. It’s over all pretty interesting and I’ll admit I haven’t read his works so I can’t compare it to any of the manga works. I do have a question for those that have read them though. Are the stories these short usually, or is there more to the Long Dreams and Fashion Model story?
Jan 12, 2018 9:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The first story was the best to me!!!
Jan 12, 2018 9:50 AM

Sep 2016
Holy shit this episode was amazing. Even the spookiest moments in JoJo's didn't disturb me like that woman. The second story was also great, the concept was just so interesting and the way it was conveyed blew my mind.
Jan 12, 2018 9:50 AM
Jul 2016
Dayum the first part was creepy af.
Second not so much but the idea of long dreams really does sound terrifying.

Much improvement over the first ep in the "horror" element, exactly what I wanted from this anime, here's hoping it continues!
Jan 12, 2018 9:55 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
JoycelynB said:
I definitely liked this episode more than the first. One complaint is I kind of wish the stories were a little bit longer but I do think they are well done. It’s over all pretty interesting and I’ll admit I haven’t read his works so I can’t compare it to any of the manga works. I do have a question for those that have read them though. Are the stories these short usually, or is there more to the Long Dreams and Fashion Model story?

Technically these are short stories, but there are recurring characters like Souichi or Miss Fuchi you just saw in the first two episodes that have more than a single story.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jan 12, 2018 9:57 AM

Jan 2013
The woman's face in the first part pissed me off so much. It was kinda scary but her face always pissed me off. Though the ending of the first part was kinda underwhelming. I expected Fuchi to do something to Iwasaki. Would have loved to see her eating that girl too, despite how wrong it sounds.

The second part is my favorite out of the two. It's got a really interesting topic because I love dreams and aspects around it. The gradual change for the worse on the guy's appearance was really terrifying to see, but when he screamed "Mami!!" it made me laugh. Dunno if it was intentionally funny or not. The concept of dreaming for thousands of years in just one night blows my mind.
Jan 12, 2018 10:00 AM
Mar 2017
JoycelynB said:
Most of junji’s stories aren’t that long (fashion model and long dreams both being 32 pages long for example) but he has a few that go into the 60s page number
Jan 12, 2018 10:11 AM

Dec 2017
i never thought they will put 2 story in one episode. damn i've been waiting for Fashion Model to be animated for a long time, the laughing scene is very identical with the manga, i love it. Long Dream is also very good, it's short and easy to understand, yet its still retain the horror feeling.

at last the horror that is Junji Ito's masterclass is shown right in episode 2, let's hope the horror will stay the same. i do hope the animation will get better thought, some scene are like way too lazy to drawn, but it still good.

i do hope Red Turtleneck, Greased, and Hanging Blimp will be animated soon:(:(:(

JoycelynB said:
I do have a question for those that have read them though. Are the stories these short usually, or is there more to the Long Dreams and Fashion Model story?

for Long Dreams yes, it's just like that. but Fashion Model has more than that. Fuchi has a relation with Shouichi later, just like AVSB007 post on the top says, there are chapter where Shoucihi and Fuchi were together, on Chapter 4 of Shouchi Diary of Curses "Rumors", and Secret of The Haunted Mansion with adult version of Shouichi.

Secret of The Haunted Mansion is truly terrifying to be honest, it will be wack if it were animated
InukanuraJan 12, 2018 10:17 AM
Jan 12, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2013
JestemGosiek said:
Fucking hell.
I never read any of the Ito's works and fuck me. After the 1st episode I thought that this series will be kinda light in tone. The visuals of this episode fucked me up. Gonna have hard time sleeping tonight.

haha
light tone...
more like eerie creepy disturbing tone...

the manga version of these stories feel creepier than the anime ones to me because the art is just not 100% capturable in the anime

but i really liked this episode, much creepier and i like the second story though i couldn't watch the first part much becuase of how much the woman's face freaked me out.
i remember comments from the second story saying how they're afraid to sleep now lol
Jan 12, 2018 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
The first story was alright, the "model" was a bit creepy but that's about it.

What I liked defenitely more was the second episode.
It had one of those horror elements one human can do nothing about... Really reminded me of the short story with the earworm chapter. This was defenitely a great segment this time!

Very looking forward to the next episode!
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Jan 12, 2018 11:22 AM

Oct 2012
The first part was just too straight forward to make it interesting. I would have liked the cute actress to be the real killer or some other interesting twist. The second part had more of a sf bent and was much more appealing.
Jan 12, 2018 11:24 AM

Sep 2011
animation leaves alot to be desired, but the execution was definitely something leaving me very hopeful for future stories, i was never a big fan of the model story even in the manga, but I adore long dream and I think they nailed it here. The only part of the way they handled it that kind of put me off was I do dislike how they portrayed the guy turning to dust by ghosting stills, granted i understand how hard a scene to animate properly that'd be but it has me a bit worried that some of the body horror that really makes these series might not get the animation it deserves to really pull off how grotesque they are. The transformations dont happen much as they usually are off screen in ito stories but the ones we do see on screen are so fucked I hope the anime puts alot of effort into them

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 12, 2018 11:27 AM

Apr 2016
Better than the 1st episode.
And damn, even the thought of having an endless dream is freaking me out.
Jan 12, 2018 11:36 AM
Sep 2017
Haptism93 said:
JoycelynB said:

Technically these are short stories, but there are recurring characters like Souichi or Miss Fuchi you just saw in the first two episodes that have more than a single story.

Thanks! I’ll have to go get the short stories now. I’d be really interested in reading them. I think the concepts introduced are really intriguing.
Jan 12, 2018 11:43 AM
Mar 2016
This is more like it!

The previous Souichi-focused episode was fairly dull. This time we actually got two disturbing stories, and both looked horrifying and great. I’m guessing we’ll be seeing more Miss Fuchi in later episodes - hopefully we get the haunted house one with the grown-up Souichi.
Jan 12, 2018 11:53 AM

Jul 2011
Hell yeah! we got her! and we got Souichi on the previous episodes, so the chances of their son appearing are actually high this is awesome!

And let me tell you people their son, ooooh, their son is a sigh to be feared.
Jan 12, 2018 11:54 AM

May 2015
I really not expecting the model to have such a normal and kinda "calming" voice

from my (shitty) calculation, the next episode will have either:

Ice Cream Bus and Father's Heart
or
Den of the Sleep Demon and In the Soil

I hope it gonna be the later because they're good to follow up on today's adaptation

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Jan 12, 2018 12:05 PM

Mar 2009
This is so disappointing compared to his manga. The animation and art especially do the original work a disservice.
Jan 12, 2018 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
okay wow much better than the first episode,,,,yep I am hooked and shocked at the same time
Jan 12, 2018 12:18 PM

Sep 2013
Miss Fuchi getting the spotlight :)
A Long Dream sounds comfy, living several lifetimes at each dream.
Jan 12, 2018 12:20 PM

May 2015
modboy said:
The first part was just too straight forward to make it interesting. I would have liked the cute actress to be the real killer or some other interesting twist. The second part had more of a sf bent and was much more appealing.

dont expect plot twist because thats not what ito known for though js

ichii_1 said:

considering you can get this kind of shit as a dream, I aint gonna have none of that eternal dreams
https://www.reddit.com/r/shortscarystories/comments/4uligx/the_regrets_of_a_time_traveler/

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Jan 12, 2018 12:40 PM

Nov 2016
I'm really surprised how good those 2 episodes were, first one was pretty creepy for anime standards.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 12, 2018 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
ichii_1 said:
Yeah, you dont seem to know what you're talking about
Jan 12, 2018 12:50 PM

Sep 2013
Klad said:
ichii_1 said:

The guy was was having a bad time with nightmares early on because he was resisting it, later on he was even married, the girl seemed happy too.
Jan 12, 2018 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
Better than last week. I'm still waiting for them to get into the real heavy stuff, though.
Jan 12, 2018 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
ichii_1 said:
Klad said:

The guy was was having a bad time with nightmares early on because he was resisting it, later on he was even married, the girl seemed happy too.
He had to pass through literally hundreds and hundreds or even millions of years of nightmares. The woman didn't give off any signs of happiness though she just seemed quiet and in a half awake and half asleep state. Though i think in the girls case the long dreams work out better
Jan 12, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2017
The first part with the model was okay I guess but that second part was interesting as hell, like I want an entire series of that.
Jan 12, 2018 1:15 PM
Jun 2016
only issue I had with the first is it was a bit too obvious the ending, I would have liked a twist, like maybe the beautiful actress was a killer or such heh.

Second I loved, reminds me of a episode of elementary that had a drug that could do this, or at least appear to, it destroyed the brain so hard to tell if it really had a time dilation effect or not.

And I've experienced long dreams, remember one dream that felt like 3 hours, but was only like 10 minutes acording to the clock.

Or my fever dreams where a 8 hour waking up on and off feels like I said up for 8 hours.
Jan 12, 2018 1:28 PM

Apr 2010
This episode was so eerie... If they gonna get worse and worse im afraid I wont survive last eps
Jan 12, 2018 1:44 PM
Dec 2016
I thought that this was a big step up from episode 1 and it has more of the creepy imagery from Ito's works that I really like
Jan 12, 2018 1:48 PM

Dec 2017
iwatooshi said:
God I wish they animated Mimi's stories too, but I didn't see her in the OP, so... unlikely.

glad there's someone who like Mimi no Kaidan, almost the whole chapter is pretty great, too bad is not that famous unlike other Junji Ito's works. i really love the first chapter with the roomate with metal bodies, the one when Mimi goes to beach and the ash mother. i bet those will be pretty good if animated
Jan 12, 2018 2:10 PM
Apr 2009
JoycelynB said:
The thing is that a lot of these stories are pretty faithful adaptions to the chapters and his longer ones are ~30-40 pages long (not including the actual series' that he's made). The length of these four stories so far are pretty up to par with the length of the chapters.

AVSB007 said:
Souichi + Miss Fuchi
Secret of the Haunted House/The Souichi Front confirmed ?
Wouldn't be surprised, I'll be excited for those stories but it'll probably be another "controversial" episode.
Jan 12, 2018 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
The first story was pretty bad tbh, it doesn't help how dumb everyone was.

I enjoyed the second one tho, definitely unsettling.
Jan 12, 2018 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
Doomroar said:
Hell yeah! we got her! and we got Souichi on the previous episodes, so the chances of their son appearing are actually high this is awesome!
wasnt that story of odler souichi outright retconned as a dream? Though i wouldnt mind it still getting adapted cause souichi's kid is one of the most shocking visuals in ito's entire catalogue though it would remain to tell if the anime could capture how grotesque it is.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 12, 2018 2:37 PM
Jul 2017
Man, this episode gave me chills. Both of the parts, great evolution from the first one
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE SIDE

Andru230 - May 12

4 by Andru230 »»
May 15, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Ito Junji: Collection Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

86 by Andru230 »»
May 12, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji: Collection Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2018

93 by Cyberdre4ms »»
Apr 30, 4:01 PM

» Is the blu ray version better?

Andru230 - Mar 27

2 by Andru230 »»
Apr 15, 9:42 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji: Collection Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2018

238 by Moxymoxymo »»
Mar 22, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.