Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 16, 2011 1:48 AM

Jul 2010
Oh man, I just love seeing Vash so drunk! XD
Jul 21, 2011 11:10 PM
Mar 2011
Didn't enjoy the series all that much but its quite the opposite with Badlands Rumble. Loved every minute of it and would definitely recommend to watch it.

Wolfwood is that dude.
Jul 21, 2011 11:12 PM

Dec 2010
JogaBonito said:
Didn't enjoy the series all that much but its quite the opposite with Badlands Rumble. Loved every minute of it and would definitely recommend to watch it.

Wolfwood is that dude.

Did you read the manga? It's fucking fantastic.
Trigun starts out average, but Maximum is where it really shines.

Fantastic action and really does the hectic gunfights well.
Jul 30, 2011 10:38 AM

May 2008
Just saw the movie in theaters last night and it was awesome. Like everyone said, it had a great mix of action, drama, and comedy. Vash will always be a Bad-Ass, 9/10 from me.
Aug 4, 2011 10:40 PM

Jan 2009
Nara-Sama said:
Just saw the movie in theaters last night and it was awesome. Like everyone said, it had a great mix of action, drama, and comedy. Vash will always be a Bad-Ass, 9/10 from me.

I'm assuming at the Grand Illusion Cinema. GIC has been a great place for an occasional anime flick.

As for the movie, I thought it was fantastic. As people said, it's like watching a rather long, high budget episode. Bonus episode of one of my favorite series. What's not to like.

I was kinda disappointed in Wolfwood though. I was waiting for him to not take Vash's death seriously and convince Amelia that he'll be fine.
Sep 29, 2011 4:35 PM
Jul 2009
Was a great movie and i enjoyed it alot!

Nov 12, 2011 6:35 PM

Jun 2010
Wow, what a bore. Trigun's always been outlandish shonen in style, but in spirit it was usually something a least a shade more thoughtful. The one interesting idea, that Vash is being irresponsible by saving every life he can without regard for what will be done with it, is waved off with a cheap trick. This was so childish that it felt more like a One Piece movie.

Also, an hour of Vash in idiot mode wasn't really possible to stomach.
Nov 25, 2011 1:32 AM

Jun 2009
Fronzel said:
Wow, what a bore. Trigun's always been outlandish shonen in style, but in spirit it was usually something a least a shade more thoughtful. The one interesting idea, that Vash is being irresponsible by saving every life he can without regard for what will be done with it, is waved off with a cheap trick. This was so childish that it felt more like a One Piece movie.

Really? I thought it put into perspective that Vash's ideal isn't always bad. It doesn't really need to punish him like the TV series and especially manga does.

Anyway, this was a pretty good movie. It had a bit of depth and action expected from the franchise.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 2, 2012 1:52 PM
Dec 2010
haha pretty much awesome, They should make more of Trigun anime, second season would be awesome :)
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 12, 2012 2:46 AM

Jun 2010
insan3soldiern said:
Fronzel said:

Really? I thought it put into perspective that Vash's ideal isn't always bad. It doesn't really need to punish him like the TV series and especially manga does.

But that's exactly the problem; it tries to function as a defense of Vash's actions but fails. That the man who's life he saved had a child is supposed to make up for multiple murders the same man committed later?

It's one thing for Vash to appreciate that Amelia exists but this doesn't prove anything about his choice. If he had let Gasback die, Amelia would never have been existed. This is not the same as her having been killed; for Vash to have let Gasback die would not represent an evil to someone who did not exist. You can't do wrong to people who don't exist. Every women carries tens of thousands of eggs all but a tiny fraction of which will never become children if any at all (to say nothing of the trillions of sperm men produce in their lifetimes). This is not a tragedy.

The idea doesn't even fuction by its own logic; what about the many children who weren't born because of Gasback's killings? This outweighs the one child who was born because he lived, doesn't it?

All the finale does is reveal that Amelia's wish that Gasback was killed means she hates him so much she would prefer not to have been born rather than accept the evil he committed. This does not resolve the question of whether it was moral to save the life of an inveterate murderer.

The movie poses a moral dilemma than gives us nonsense and acts as if its an answer.
Mar 10, 2012 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
FANTASTIC movie! Anyone who thinks otherwise is most likely off their knocker!
Apr 22, 2012 11:00 PM

Feb 2012
Should've been called Monogun: Badlands Rumble, seeing as how two of the three were nowhere to be seen.
May 11, 2012 5:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So glad they managed to make a Trigun movie. Kickass action and silliness I've come to expect from Vash and co. Amelia was pretty hot but its a shame that Meryl and Milly didn't get more screen time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 17, 2012 8:56 PM

Feb 2010
So good. Quality all around.

-Vash being adorable and silly
-Wolfwood being a BAMF.
-Our 2 fave insurance girls.
-A great "antagonist"/ Gasback
-Vash being all badass and amazing at the end. <333

I love to see Vash back in action, and Amelia was an interesting character.

This movie is a solid 9/10 (just like the series...) for me. It's a rarity to find a good action packed show like this nowadays with amazing characters and an excellent plot.

...it makes we want to re-watch the series!
May 22, 2012 3:26 AM

Feb 2012
Fronzel said:
But that's exactly the problem; it tries to function as a defense of Vash's actions but fails. That the man who's life he saved had a child is supposed to make up for multiple murders the same man committed later?

Yeah because the idea is that Amelia would go on to adopt Vash's "Love and Peace" philosophy and save more lives, and in turn the people she saved would be converted, (or have kids that would later be converted). So then eventually there are more like Vash around, and fewer people die. It is still flawed, because surely only a minority would be converted, but Vash is pretty idealistic lol
Jun 25, 2012 10:37 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great movie. Vash was as awesome as always. I just wish something happened between Vash and Amelia, like a kiss, or at least a good bye. That was probably an off screen thing, but I'm more of an on screen kind of guy. I still liked the ending nonetheless.

And I just want to point out that Amelia is HOT and I mean HOT HOT

I give it a 9/10
Jul 4, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2011
Was worth it just to see Vash pick up chicks.
Jul 5, 2012 6:42 PM

May 2012
Would've been nice to have Meryl and Milly be more relevant in this movie, but it was still really good overall. Never expected Amelia to be Gasback's daughter, that was a nice little reveal. I never realized how much I missed seeing Vash's pinpoint marksmanship and badassery! Now I remember why I loved this series so much! LOVE AND PEACE EVERYONE! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 24, 2012 3:54 PM

Jul 2009
It was great to see Trigun with modern animation. If only they would adapt Trigun Maximum from start to finish like this it'd be amazing. The film had everything you want from Trigun, Vash is such an infectious character he's brilliant :P
Oct 7, 2012 7:10 PM

Sep 2011
i love how the 2nd half was basically vash and wolfwood being bros, movie was fun as hell, had me smiling the entire time. 8/10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 12, 2012 11:00 PM
Feb 2010
Uchihafan25 said:
Would've been nice to have Meryl and Milly be more relevant in this movie, but it was still really good overall. Never expected Amelia to be Gasback's daughter, that was a nice little reveal. I never realized how much I missed seeing Vash's pinpoint marksmanship and badassery! Now I remember why I loved this series so much! LOVE AND PEACE EVERYONE! XD

Me too. I didn't like that it was more about that redheaded girl. Sure, she was important to the story, but only because they made her important.

But that's just me being grumpy because I didn't get to see Meryl using even one Derringer.
Oct 13, 2012 8:44 PM
Oct 2011
what i think is interesting about the character of Vash and Trigun in general is how they portray christian values and ideals versus reality. For those who don't know Nightow is a converted Catholic. One of the core values of Christianity is THOU SHALL NOT KILL!!!! While I do believe vash can take this too far at points, I also believe that Trigun is telling the truth that while killing can be NECESSARY at times, that doesn't change the fact that it is ALWAYS EVIL.

On a side note although it was obvious that Vash wasn't dead i liked the effect that it had on Wolfwood and Amelia.
Dec 8, 2012 1:42 AM

Mar 2010
amazing movie!
great to see vash in 1080p :D
Dec 8, 2012 12:27 PM

May 2012
I loved this film, i thought it was even better than the TV show! Not only is it a great Trigun movie; it's also just a great western!

My only gripe is that Funimation skimmed out on the voice department and got Wolfwood a different actor that sounds nothing like Jeff Nimoy. In fact most of the cast are replaced! Only returning cast member is Johnny Yong Bosch and thank god they at least got him... It would not be the same with a different Vash!

The original show's animation was admittedly pretty choppy and not all that great, so it's awesome to have a big-budget movie where they can go all out in the art department!

As a stand alone film i'd give it 9/10, but as a Trigun movie i give it 8/10 since it doesn't add a lot to the show.
who_dat_ninjaApr 26, 2013 4:42 AM
Jan 16, 2013 10:47 PM

Aug 2009
Just finished the blue-ray, Sweet as hell. Awesome fight scenes, great story and good old Vash. What more can you ask for?
Jan 18, 2013 5:46 AM

Dec 2012
nerb said:
Uchihafan25 said:

Me too. I didn't like that it was more about that redheaded girl. Sure, she was important to the story, but only because they made her important.

But that's just me being grumpy because I didn't get to see Meryl using even one Derringer.
I was pretty disappointed about that too. It seemed like the movie was way more focused on her than it was on the main characters from the original show. Other than that, everything else was great! It was good to see Wolfwood again and I loved seeing Vash act like a fool ^_^ The animation was really awesome too, especially the backgrounds. I'd love to see an updated version of the show or even a sequel.
Jan 18, 2013 6:25 AM

Apr 2012
Quite the faithful story to Trigun. It shares all its amazing qualities and all its shounen-trope flaws. Character-wise, the great cast all get an appropriate amount of air time (though perhaps the new girl took a little too much attention away from our two insurance girls, as they were now supporting characters more than they've ever been). Fortunately, the action comedy is done perfectly and the running gags are played quite well as nice call-backs. Looks like they paid close attention to Vash staying true to character throughout the film, and it paid off quite nicely; he's the clumsy goody two shoes we've all come to know and love.

There are of course the tiresome contrivances with the "he's dead.. oh wait nevermind", the "I'm actually your daughter!", and the "nobody died! everything's all good now!" plot devices. But all in all, the execution was quite well-done and stayed pretty true to the overall atmosphere laid down in Trigun's TV series. Bravo. (6/10)
Feb 3, 2013 2:39 PM

Mar 2010
I didn't like it. It just felt kind of soulless to me.

The show had this really cool dynamic. Things would be quiet and still and then all of a sudden everything would get crazy for a brief second as the tension explodes! (just like a Sergio Leone movie!) but, this was just a light hearted fan-fest.
Also, Gasback was a totally underwhelming villain compared to some of the characters from the show.
Mar 1, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
I liked it, Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gumbigolla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre AndrT Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser or his short name Vash was as good as always :D
Mar 1, 2013 3:43 PM

Sep 2010
That was great! I loved the animation and story. I liked this better than the original series, which is rare for me.
Mar 5, 2013 10:50 AM
Apr 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
Should've been called Monogun: Badlands Rumble, seeing as how two of the three were nowhere to be seen.

wait, who is the "third gun"? i always figured the title was some nonsense that was chosen because it sounded cool. knives and vash form a pretty obvious duality, not sure who the would be the third, other than wolfwood.
Mar 23, 2013 6:16 PM

Nov 2011

Pretty intense start so far.

This Amelia girl (which I think she's a bounty hunter according to the movie) is pretty damn cool imo. Lol @ that "allergy reaction". Oh God, this girl..

>You bag of shit.
Nice.

I lol'd @ Vash trying to flirt with Amelia. Oh God.

The part in the desert was kinda harsh though, poor Vash :(.. Nice shot by Amelia at the end though. Oh it's not right, it's fucking justice. 7/10 on this movie.
Apr 26, 2013 2:15 AM

Jan 2013
It was amazing, I wish there was more anime with Vash. I didn't like how they changed Milly's voice in the dub though. Well, I guess Lia had better things to do :/
Apr 26, 2013 2:49 AM

Jun 2009
MaxVdub said:
Hakuromatsu said:

wait, who is the "third gun"? i always figured the title was some nonsense that was chosen because it sounded cool. knives and vash form a pretty obvious duality, not sure who the would be the third, other than wolfwood.

No the series gets the name from Vash's three different guns.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 3, 2013 5:04 AM
Sep 2009
Glad I only watched the series a couple of years ago. If I'd seen it when it originally went out in the 90's and then had to wait over a decade for *this* I'd be hugely disappointed.

My biggest issues were with the thin plot and uneven pacing. There was plenty of action in the first 20 minutes and last half hour, but middle section really seemed to drag. Yes, visually it was a treat to look it, and admittedly it was kinda fun to just see the characters in action again. But on the whole, a waste of time. I finished the film thinking "was that it?" 6/10
flyingkipperMay 3, 2013 6:06 AM
May 7, 2013 11:01 PM

May 2013
this was a good movie.
May 10, 2013 5:04 PM
May 2013
Great movie I give it 10/10.
Jun 3, 2013 6:40 AM
Aug 2011
The last ~15 minutes were particularly awesome.

Wolfwood wearing Vash's glasses. *_*

Good movie 7/10
Jun 22, 2013 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
In a rare instance, I felt the movie was better than the TV series...I liked Amelia's character far more than any other side-main character. The only thing I didn't care for was the cliché of Vash coming back somehow from the "dead" at the most obvious time to save Wolfwood's ass.

All in all, it was awesome to see Trigun in modernized anime art, and even though the movie came 12 years later, I still think the idea of Amelia as an anime original character in the TV series would have been an awesome idea, considering the TV series didn't quite follow the manga anyway.

8/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 16, 2013 7:13 PM
Aug 2008
I think I liked this better than the series.. Don't get me wrong, I loved the show, I just thought that this was fresh and I loved the animation. I absolutely loved the drunken bar scene, I laughed so hard- best part of the movie.
Aug 30, 2013 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
MyLonesomeCowboy said:
I didn't like it. It just felt kind of soulless to me.

Agreed,it just wasn't the same.
the story was okay but nothing special,the part where Vash supposedly died was pretty silly since we obviously knew he wasn't dead and I would have loved to see more Meryl and Milly too (I like their relationship with Vash and Wolfwood which was pretty much ignored here,oh well)

It still had great action scenes and animation,Wolfwood being awesome and Vash being as likable as ever.
it was very enjoyable,a good movie but leaves much to be desired 7/10.
Sep 28, 2013 4:35 AM
Jun 2013
Very predictable ending but far better than the tv series
Dec 21, 2013 8:13 AM

May 2012
This was a great movie although it must be somewhere in the middle of the story that this takes place as well Wolfwood is still alive after all... Either way this sure was quite lovely with again a great combination of humor and action with a lovely ending in general!

Would've loved to see a second season but well this movie sure was awesome as well!
Dec 25, 2013 10:16 AM

Aug 2013
The movie was really cool.

Good ol' Vash was there. Wolfwood still the same badass.

The new vilain was pretty cool. Ken was so fucking pathetic xD

The story was well made. It was a little cliche on some edge, but the cliche weren't that bad.

Amelia was funny. The bar scene was awesome, it was like some old western movie :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 28, 2013 11:10 PM
Jul 2012
Very good movie first time watching Trigun series.

Vash is very intersting guy who does pretty well distracting the guys and be badass right through the end at the same time. Thought he will kinda get downhill when he made a huge mistake by getting shot, but luckily he saw what`s happening and is alive. Great character that is way better than some other characters who have the same type of stragetic, but fails.

Also, the comedy is perfect that I actully liked the red hair girl(even the design sucks) and Vash working together on thier adventures lol.

Only two problems I had is the character designs quite sucked a little because the yellow hair girl looks like a boy who looks simillar to a character from FMA, and both characters with her are quite useless plus annoying too.

Other than that, great movie and will defently try out the tv series.

8/10
Dec 30, 2013 1:49 PM

Aug 2010
I liked the movie. It was fun, and was like the show. Nothing really wrong with it.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 25, 2014 2:50 PM

Jul 2007
I think this movie really captured Nightows world view of the characters and atmosphere splendidly just like the original tv series and the manga. Though the difference obvously is being a higher budget film, you really got to see so much detail in just the characters on screen, the bullets flying, the action, etc. For example one of my favorite scenes is the bar scene, their is so much detail to that scene.

The movie as a whole was great, high budget, same great cast of characters following that same traditional spaghetti western feel to it like the tv show did but on a much grander level.

The story it self was a little lacking, imo, but over all a good movie.

8/10

Jun 5, 2014 2:47 PM

Oct 2013
I really hope that this isn't the last we'll see of Trigun.
Jan 15, 2015 12:29 PM

Jul 2013
Wolfwood is back~! Hooray!

Fun movie!

Vash was awesome and I actually thought he had died for a minute there. I know I shouldn't lol.

Animation was excellent"

I loved seeing them all again, especially Vash with Wolfwood. Amelia was cool too, can't believe that guy was her dad.
Jul 5, 2015 5:40 AM

Jun 2012
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is this separate from Trigun?

19maria9 - Sep 30, 2011

7 by Avichii »»
Nov 1, 2019 12:17 PM

» Vash throwing a tantrum

Angry_Anime_Nerd - Jun 16, 2015

4 by coffeedelusion »»
Dec 12, 2018 4:49 PM

» Trigun the Movie on Toonami in December 2013

YourAnimeGuy - Nov 15, 2013

0 by YourAnimeGuy »»
Nov 15, 2013 7:30 PM

» Did they throw him into the Lazarus pit? (spoiler)

marcosmk - Jan 2, 2013

2 by GodotCoffee »»
Feb 2, 2013 6:13 PM

» Is it coincidence Vic Mignogna was cast as a blonde haired pervert in this movie?

GodotCoffee - May 20, 2012

0 by GodotCoffee »»
May 20, 2012 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.