Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 26, 2011 10:00 PM

Oct 2010
Gridley17 said:
The scene with flashbacks/drawings of the unstable mother and kids seemed to suggest Takashi and Kobata are either half-brother/sister or cousins. Did I misunderstand something?
I do think it may be. There was a mention of a brother's child thus it would mean the same mother it was but 2 different males. It was briefly mentioned.

Since the other guy is a brother to the original father of Youji then the similarity is there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 28, 2011 6:07 AM

May 2010
@YumeKichi11,I really like your way of discussing each & every episode.
Jun 28, 2011 11:48 PM
Mar 2010
Damn, that was rushed.
Jun 29, 2011 2:01 AM

Aug 2010
Well, the last few episodes really surprised me and bumped up this show quite a bit. I will definitely rewatch it, to see what I have missed in the first round. Sad to see Dora go, he was my favorite character, but at least there was a hint that at some level they are still present in the brother. Well, considering the fact that he has lived quite some time with multiple personalities, it is only understandable that they somewhat become a part of you. Anyway, 4/5 for the episode, and I'm giving the series a 7/10.

Ps: I realized only in the penultimate episode who was voicing DJ Condor...*facepalm*
Jun 29, 2011 5:44 AM

Oct 2010
I don't feel it was rushed, once the problem was clear the solution wasn't that far ahead, its much better like that than to watch 98 episodes more in which Asuka won't tell him about his split personality.

I wouldn't mind more of this anime but i think its length for its story was perfect , any more and it could get wasted *easily*.

I still think people who gave it less than 9/10 didn't understand it or are fags or would probably give it 10/10 if the main character was a vampire and asuka was a crab and that had zero relation to the actual story and it didn't matter at all.
Non-supernatural romance/comedies are *so* much better, and this anime wasn't supernatural but the nice way of showing things and the way *all* the guys think was really good and even such people who *need* supernatural crap in their anime should be happy..
incisorrJun 29, 2011 5:49 AM
lots of music -
Jun 29, 2011 12:54 PM
Aug 2010
Ya, cause if I'm not exactly like you and don't feel this show is a near masterpiece I must be a fag! Grow up kid. It was an alright show, maybe even good-very good, but believe it or not people are free to (and frequently DO) have their own opinions. And they may not even be incorrect about those opinions!

1700+ users voted and the show is rated in the high 6's. Lets even round that up to a 7.0. On the rating scale 7 = between fine and very good. Ya, seems about right along with what I took from the show. Do you think that MAYBE you're being a bit of a fanboy and taking OTHERS' opinions a bit too personally? I'm not going to knock you if you rated and truly feel this show was great or even a masterpiece. Again, that's the thing about opinions; people have different ones, and maybe to them their own opinion is more true than yours...

I voted this show a 7, ie "good". The show dragged a bit at times, but I was actually happy with the harem ending for this particular show. I don't think it would have worked as well for the majority of other shows. And there were a few select scenes that were amazingly great, a la the Asuka vs. personalities beat-down scene. The rest of the show aside, this scene alone almost brings this show to the "unforgettable" level.
Jun 30, 2011 12:22 AM

Oct 2010
oh man you're like the 5th person saying "OMG FANBOY U SAXXX"

kids on MAL are quite fucking dumb arent they? Is fanboy supposed to be an insult or what?
Lets assume i am a *fanboy* - so what?i am like that because the anime is good and worth it, and its *probably* because it was misunderstood by many people and that passively fuels my fanboyism for it, because i like going against the majority since they are almost always wrong, as it has been proven over and over during the history of humanity.

This show had score 6,4 when only 6 out of 12 episodes are out, i have every single right to flame people because they didn't even watch it until the end and they even give rates, it doesn't make me a fanboy it makes me a decent person. I respect people's work so before i judge i want to see the whole, if i don't then i don't judge, but thats not the case here.

Throughout the animes ive seen this show was pretty unique, i don't have 100203149210941 days of watched anime but i seriously doubt there are that many masterpiece animes which i haven't seen yet( i dont care bout shit like naruto one piece and so on im talking bout comedies/ecchies right now)
lots of music -
Jun 30, 2011 1:07 PM

Dec 2009
I give it an 8, it was strange at frst but gets better in the end.

I also lol'd when the last scene is like the beginning on episode 1. :D
Jun 30, 2011 7:38 PM
Apr 2011
I might have to re watch this series, I dropped it because the first 4 episodes was boring as hell, and did not think it would get any better...
Jul 1, 2011 6:05 AM

Jun 2011
Thought I skipped an episode at first when the beginning. I was completely lost >.<

Timing was a bit of an issue with this series, started painfully slow, got to the good stuff in 9~11, and then 12 flew by like the Nozomi 108.
El Psy Congroo
Jul 1, 2011 3:06 PM

Feb 2011
So this is a harem ending... isn't?
Jul 6, 2011 11:49 AM

Jun 2009
It makes sense why Youji decided to stay in that dream world and why parents are never around.
The whole anime had interesting idea and good characters but too little time to resolve everything. I can rate it only 6/10. Now if only VN would get translated... The story was really interesting but anime failed to deliver it and instead focused on ecchi.
Jul 8, 2011 1:31 AM

Sep 2010
From the absolutely horrible first impression this anime gave me, it has improved a lot. The massive amounts of fan service nearly made me drop it (something I have never done to any airing series other than HOTD), but I'm glad I stuck with it to the end. I'm feeling generous atm, so I'm giving it a 7/10, although this will most likely drop eventually. This anime could have been really good if they took out the fan service, focused on the story and character development, and made it 24 episodes so they could properly develop everything. While the last point can be said for a huge portion of 12 episode anime, this show in particular seemed very strapped for time to me.
Jul 8, 2011 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
i still don't know whats happening in this eps
Aug 18, 2011 11:02 PM
Feb 2009
jesus wtf I had a long as hard time figuring out whats really going on every episode...
Aug 24, 2011 11:27 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome anime! I'm really glad I was with Oretachi till the end! (^_^)

7 or 8/10 for me! (^_^)
Nov 5, 2011 6:55 PM

Nov 2009
Gunna give this show a 8 out of 10, as I really enjoyed watching this and I thought everything worked out at the end, bit surprised I am giving this a decent score as it is by the same guys who did soul link which was pretty bad in my opinion.
Dec 17, 2011 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
Well it was def different from those usual harem anime's, it was nice for a change xD I liked the whole multiple personality thing, it kept things interesting even after a few episodes. I still don't fully understand if everyone saw the main char in the way we saw them (with their different hair color/style etc) or if they saw the face and hair style/color of the main char (the big brother) but well nvm that. I liked the ending, at least the part I understood was nice xD

7/10
Jan 3, 2012 6:10 PM

Jul 2010
so i guess in the end its "all's well that ends well"
though i didnt understand why the girls were trying to get the other guy's out of him, i thought they disappeared.
well watever, all of the guys are awesome in their own way, but i think i like dora the best. he should have his own body.

btw i noticed how the speech by condor at the end was very motivational. since its going really fast, you guys should hear it twice.

Jan 31, 2012 7:08 AM

Apr 2008
As the first episodes were done,I thought I had gotten a grip of the concept.split personality, which all live their own kind of like in order to help the original body-user with something I cannot seem to get a hold on. Hospital care?
Anyway, the show was indeed interesting in it's own special manner. At first there were WAY to many characters popping in from every angle, depending on which personality that was present. Way to messy in my book.
The while series seems rushed, though well made in a sense.
-Artwork is very good.
-Story is messed up.
-several chrs were looking quite alike until you started placing them with the correct guy.

To rushed. No way around it. There could easily have been made into a 24 ep -long series if the creators wanted to. Many series go around or even away from the manga anyway. Giving the otku's and no lifer's like myself out there more story and development to follow would never bring the show's popularity down, rather it would prob go up.

Dora = Win( should indeed have more protaganists like this guy in some series. filthy mouth, yet gentle <3 )

Still got many un-answered questions, even at the end, so personally I feel like they skipped to much around the plot in general. 7/10 for this.
hyptocalusJan 31, 2012 7:15 AM
Apr 12, 2012 11:47 AM

Mar 2009
it would be better if i could play the VN of this~

either way~ this a good series to kill time~

love all the girls~
Jul 3, 2012 10:31 PM

Nov 2011
What a priceless ending for this priceless series :D
Jul 7, 2012 3:36 PM

Mar 2012
My favourite girl was Asuka Watarai.
Aug 5, 2012 4:40 PM

Jul 2009
It really is interesting to see other people's opinions. I honestly can't stand Asuka and think she's the most annoying one -.- but oh well.

I WANNA SEE MORE CHICKEN--I MEAN Phoenix T-T
Nov 23, 2012 7:42 AM

Jul 2007
Awful ending, was expecting a kiss with Asuka in the previous episode, didn't happen, now last ep barely has any screentime for her, this definitely lowered my score.
Feb 9, 2013 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
5.5/10
no kiss.
overly complicated.
too many characters.
many one dimensional.
Main character doesn't pick a girl definitively in the end.
Weird mix of seriousness and comedy.
Jul 1, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2012
Well that was an oké ending, the series was a bit hard to follow in the beginning and I'm still not sure about the main plot but well it wasn't all that bad so lets see what the ova has to offer to close off this series!
Oct 20, 2013 3:29 AM

Nov 2011
this anime had......SO........MUCH...............WIN

where to start. well ill start from the very beginning. the way ep 1 starts of I finally figured out that was actually after then end, not the beginning. (sneaky little buggers >_>) and i can say that because at the end Takashi says he just got to meet Shuusuke and Hayato. and yet beginning of ep 1 he introduces them. so when the series ended just as it started (on they way to school and all 4 girls interact with him) i thought that was freaking excellent 11/10

until ep 4 i didn't realize what was going on with his personality, now that might not seem like a long time, but that's almost an hour and a half of show. so they did a real good job of keeping you in the dark

and also i didn't fully grasp what the magical world was until episode 11. although i did have the idea planted that it was all inside his mind when Takashi was in the other world and Miyako had awesome sex with him. because at the end of the scene he says "its all ok, its just in my head" [ep 8] but i wasn't 100% sure so i kept with the world was real and not made up. so again 11/10

and dat ending was priceless... although i would have liked to see him gather everyone together at once and break it to them. but what he did was acceptable 8/10

but what i did love was the characters. yea some say there flat, but have you changed a lot over the past couple YEARS? no. and that makes them more realistic in this show that wont stop mind f***ing you.

all the characters were thought out and designed flawlessly. from voices to the little motions they make. all perfect. so was the sound and music. most anime have an annoying little kid voice in them somewhere, not this anime.

although im not sure about this one, did his different personalities look different? or was that just for us? because in episode 11 it cuts it into dual screen showing the real him and the person who knows one of the other personalities? and also ive seen pictures in other threads where people say there's a color flaw in the hair. but the more i think about it i think its reality slipping through to us (ie. the audience)

but because MAL only allows a score of 10/10 thats all i can give it >_> maybe i can just move every other anime i have seen down a notch to show how boss this one is.....

but everyone Eriko is mine, SO BACK OFF OF HER
Commander_XOct 20, 2013 3:40 AM
Dec 23, 2013 6:59 AM

Mar 2013
Just finished this show and all i can say is... WTF!! I wish they stayed 3 seperate people, i mean the girls started to have feelings for Chitose and Narita. Not the little 12 year old Takashi personality. Not to mention they even started to have feelings towards the girls themselves. It kinda just made it pointless in even having Chitose and Narita interact with the them at all in the first place anyway.
Apr 21, 2014 5:40 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, that sure was a ride. For a show that seemed so confusing at first the overall message actually ended up being really straightforward and everything was wrapped up really cleanly. And for a VN that's apparently 50+ hours long covering it in 12 episodes is a real accomplishment.

I don't know exactly how faithful it was since the VN was never translated (Despite the fact that the anime is dubbed and able to be obtained pretty easily here in Australia) but it didn't seem like anything important was left out.

It's not for everyone, but I enjoyed the hell out of it and really appreciated the moral of the story.

8/10
Jul 2, 2014 11:43 PM

Jun 2013
What a ride! I enjoyed this anime a lot! First couple episodes were confusing, but I'm glad that I stuck around and did not spoil myself. Great twist, pretty unique plot, great girls and appreciated fanservice (a bit too much, but I don't mind).

Best personality - Narita "Dora" Hayato, the "Kono yaro" master :)

8/10
Aug 5, 2014 12:54 PM

Jun 2014
Confusing start but turns out pretty good, ill be satisfied more if Asuka and Haneda end up together.

7/10
Aug 26, 2014 3:04 PM

Jun 2013
This anime had potential but in the end it was dissapointing because of how badly it delivered
6/10
Sep 11, 2014 5:59 PM
Nov 2013
Just finished the series and it did get better as it went along. Episodes 1-3 were all over the place and hard to grasp what was actually going on and if I had scored it at this point I probably would have given the series a 4. Episodes 4-6 started to flesh out some of the things going on so at this point I would give the series a 5 (Average). Episodes 7-12 is where stuff really starts falling in place and everyone gets a good sense of what the show is really about and these episodes are a 7-8 imo. My score for the series will be a 6 which is slightly above average, with more episodes it could have been fleshed out and explained better and with a gradual character introduction buildup and could have possibly raised the score I gave for the series. The only other criticisms of the series I have is two things one of which is my personal preference. One, too many of the characters looked similar which made it confusing at first figuring out who was who and, two I am not a fan of loli characters in the slightest, finding attraction to that is just creepy.
Apr 6, 2015 2:27 PM

Jun 2013
First few episodes were so damn confusing, I had to rewatch some parts up to 5 times before I understood what is going on. Then I remembered that he has multiple personality disorder and it kind of became easier to follow after that. By the end of it it was pretty entertaining. As expected, each heroine was finished before the end. I don't usually do this, but I give it 8/10... At least until I change my mind. Till then, I think it was really good.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jun 8, 2015 8:52 PM

Feb 2014
He still can switch personalities or not? I ask because... ->

Each girl fell in love for each Youji's personality, and I dont think (and feel) that Youji has a mix of the characteristics of the other personalities, so It's as if the person (which are the other Youji's personalities) that the girls fell in love died.
Jul 20, 2015 4:45 AM

Jan 2014
so my answer come out after 10 episode of confusing how they managed to change their appearce (hair color, hair style, voice)
now I know that he's always in takashi appearce all the time.
Sep 7, 2015 1:16 PM

Nov 2011
That ending was awesome :)

At least it wasn't a pick one and disregard everyone else kind of situation.
Sep 7, 2015 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
incisorr said:

I still think people who gave it less than 9/10 didn&#039;t understand it or are fags or would probably give it 10/10 if the main character was a vampire and asuka was a crab and that had zero relation to the actual story and it didn&#039;t matter at all.
Non-supernatural romance/comedies are *so* much better, and this anime wasn&#039;t supernatural but the nice way of showing things and the way *all* the guys think was really good and even such people who *need* supernatural crap in their anime should be happy..

I may be 4 years too late but I actually understood this reference XD
Feb 22, 2016 2:36 PM

Aug 2013
Well, this anime was great in general, but ending was just totally unsatisfactory. I hate endings like this. They should choose best girl Naru or Asuka and do a proper ending.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 19, 2016 10:13 AM

Jan 2016
Well it was a great ending to a Just extremely confusing in the beginning, but a really amazing story in the end!!Just did a marathon on this sucker. Just incredible story!

Sense im dont feel like writing a whole bible i just gonna give a short review XD

Animation is really nice, strong colors, really nice design , and the cloths O.O man there's is some really good design/ideas for it ^^
Story, well the story was really something special, didnt expect anything like this by how it began. really describes a man living in his imagination, ( Can really relate to the movie "A Beautiful Mind" ) the personalities was really something interesting, and after have seen the anime, i really love the main characters, but also Asuka,(<3 theAsuka fanservice), but i love as well the three "musketeers" lol.. each with there personality,the less serious, the random and the perverted. ovarall really loved every character, having there own set of comedy, and personality.
As for the sound, really like the soundtrack after i found it, really amazing, also like both the OP n ED's.

Well did i enjoy it all well yes.. yes i did! it was just incredible anime, surely had the most confusing beginning but summed up its just amazing anime. overall i give it a 8.3/10
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 24, 2016 2:41 PM
Sep 2013
PerlaNemesis said:
It makes sense why Youji decided to stay in that dream world and why parents are never around.
The whole anime had interesting idea and good characters but too little time to resolve everything. I can rate it only 6/10. Now if only VN would get translated... The story was really interesting but anime failed to deliver it and instead focused on ecchi.

The VN is over 60 hours, of course the adaptation is gonna fail to deliver the story. Its probably why the choose to focus on ecchi, just for the fans of the VN who like that stuff. This is why I refuse to watch any VN adaptations that are not at least 24 episodes. Manga and LN (though I abhor most LN) work better cuz they're ongoing so the anime can still be consistent with the original source without having to finish the entire story.
Aug 31, 2016 2:57 AM

May 2008
Pretty confusing at first, but it turned out into a great show!
Oct 15, 2016 12:11 AM

Nov 2014
So... Here's what I understood from the end.
Haneda Takashi becomes Haneda Youji. But Haneda Youji was split into 3 different chars. Hayato Narito, Chitose Shuusuke and Haneda Takashi.
So in the end, everyone who knew Chitose saw Chitose talking in Youji's voice
everyone who knew Dora, saw Dora talking in Youji's voice.
So the girls see the guys they met with just a different voice? Can anyone correct me on this one?
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Nov 7, 2016 2:33 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty interesting, I didn't find it hard to understand.
The VN is known for having very well-written prose to the extent that no one will attempt to translate it, and is apparently high in difficulty to read. I'll read it one day when/if I have the ability to do so.
Aug 8, 2018 3:50 PM

Dec 2012
In the end, this was a story about a boy who locked himself away because he couldn't forgive himself. Honestly, that ended up shaking a few screws loose for me. When you're extremely harsh on yourself, self-forgiveness can be the most agonizing and difficult thing you can do. But sometimes it's the only way to truly begin healing.

Well I have to say, WWW really exceeded all expectations. Certainly, it broke the ceiling and pierced both heaven & hell. While the pay off for watching to the end was rewarding, I can't say it makes the mediocre panty flashing more enjoyable as a result.

6.5/10, torn on whether I want to give it the benefit of the doubt or just acknowledge that it was so-so with some incredible ideas.
Oct 15, 2018 11:31 AM

Oct 2010
incisorr said:

Throughout the animes ive seen this show was pretty unique, i don't have 100203149210941 days of watched anime but i seriously doubt there are that many masterpiece animes which i haven't seen yet( i dont care bout shit like naruto one piece and so on im talking bout comedies/ecchies right now)

random necro

now i have 300 more watched animes and this is still the best anime i've seen

i feel bad for all the mentally challenged people that couldn't actually see the brilliance of the plot and its portrayal and went on raging about the anime or the fan service when in reality even after i rewatched it 5 times i still laughed evry time, despite knowing what jokes more or less would come ahead and the story and it was still enjoyable in so many ways and it's still unique
lots of music -
Jul 7, 2019 10:33 AM

Feb 2014
TBH, I probably wouldn't have liked this show much if it didn't have all the upskirts and panty shots.
May 22, 2020 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
positives:
- this was way goofier than i thought it be and im completely fine with that. they are slick tho...making it look like three stories only to end up being a lowkey harem in disguise lol
- the “young adult” personalities and their situations especially the street gang
- again the art
- a good chunk of the female characters, especially street vendor lady and the ojo-sama class rep in the high school portion

negatives:
- still the loli and the uniform fetish girl, so annoying
- confusing at times
- Hiro Shimono’s go-to pathetically worthless MC voice during the high school portions

7/10
dannymilkMay 22, 2020 7:47 PM
Oct 7, 2020 4:39 AM

Aug 2018
Still not understanding wings metaphor, by the way.. Not sure, what it's supposed to mean..
Poppo?.. This Poppo?.. ;P
Well, he kinda has talks about his multiple personalities past with everyone.. But when the talk comes to the actual girls, who matter.. Be it Tamaizumi Hiyoko or Ootori Naru - this talk isn't shown.. Though, really, other characters are less affected, they're just friends at best, so it's whatever for them in the end, I guess.. Girls maybe had some hopes or something..
Well, I guess, even if they would manage to have some talk, they still would have to live and see, what kind of relationships they want and can have with each other, I guess..
And it seems from scenes on TV in the end, while DJ Condor was talking - that they indeed continue to hang out, and stuff.. So really it's open for what they want to do next and what they'll choose to do..
So in the end.. Wings metaphor.. Is something like switching channels metaphor?.. Like, if you wanna - you can grow wings.. If you wanna look at life differently - you can switch your TV channels, or inner perspectives, moods you look at things with, and stuff like that.. Is the wings metaphor also about this?.. That we can grow wings, if we wish to?.. Not sure, I got wings symbolism to the end..
Overall, it was a nice anime.. First 4 episodes were a bit chaotic, but well, I watched them quite quickly.. I still think that nowadays, though, you can't put such reveal to the 4th episode.. You needed to at least throw more hints around.. But well, whatever.. For me personally it was alright, but I can see, how it was too much fanservice for people, I guess.. But well, returning to anime.. Yeah.. Story was interesting.. I liked some characters, both dudes and girls.. And anime after episode 4 was both interesting and relaxing to watch, really.. Also, it feels, they toned down fanservice after that as well.. Were many nipples and stuff before that, but after pantyshots mostly.. Well, some exceptions here and there, but it didn't feel like majorly ecchi centered anime, like in the beginning.. It felt like slice of life with some drama around multiple personalities topic in it.. Main thing I liked about characters, I guess - that there are many different characters.. And overall.. I'm satisfied.. It was nice anime, I liked the characters, and would like to watch some more, really, if more would come out, or if there is OVA or something, haven't checked for now, but will do soon..
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2011

50 by Rad_Scientist »»
Feb 5, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - May 9, 2011

54 by Rad_Scientist »»
Jan 23, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 17, 2011

65 by BrianaBird »»
Apr 13, 2023 3:16 AM

» Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai for PSVita and PS3

nbdmiyako - Feb 26, 2014

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 22, 2021 7:57 PM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Davison - Apr 4, 2011

192 by Frezlaj »»
Sep 5, 2021 5:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.