Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2011 1:39 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
pantsu scene *nosebleeds*

5*
Apr 4, 2011 5:51 AM

Oct 2007
So, someone was trying to be SHAFT? And what the heck did I just watch?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 4, 2011 5:57 AM

Sep 2009
It's more like first ep. of Angel Beats. A bit rushed, a lot of characters and WTF. But I like it so far.
Apr 4, 2011 6:07 AM
May 2008
-You have a monster in the pocket of your pants

-Dora thinks you want to put that monster in my kitty.

I'd be lying if I said that didn't make me feel a little uneasy.
Apr 4, 2011 6:24 AM

Sep 2009
landlock said:
-You have a monster in the pocket of your pants

-Dora thinks you want to put that monster in my kitty.

I'd be lying if I said that didn't make me feel a little uneasy.

- Alice, don't do such naughty things!
- No, it's not a problem. Adults aren't attracted to kids.
- I've always told you that most men in this country are pedophiles!

And I like it )
Apr 4, 2011 6:41 AM
Nov 2009
yet another epic fail anime with no content what so ever. dropped.

also the "ecchi" sucked to

AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE CENCORING
qwerty1337Apr 4, 2011 9:59 AM
Apr 4, 2011 7:22 AM

Aug 2010
I like all the characters and the interactions were good. Going to have to look into this one some more to actually see what is going on.
Apr 4, 2011 7:24 AM

Nov 2008
WTF did I just see, this episode was off the wall and I don't mean in an enjoyable ridiculous way like with Dog Days or Nichijou, I mean off the wall in quite the bad way, this anime also suffers from inconsistent censoring and uncreative censoring to boot. Alice was enjoyable, I was like give me one reason why I shouldn't take this girl to a love hotel and screw her to prove her wrong. Kinako was exceptionally cute, has a bit of moe in her, and it was a bit funny that the little boy exposed her panties and even took them off. If there is less of Kinako and Alice in the next two episodes, I may drop this because those two are the only girls in the show worth liking. This is a pure fanservice anime but it's not that great because with the exception of those two, the characters aren't very good, the ecchi was average which is a big red flag.

2.1/5

Apr 4, 2011 7:34 AM

Jan 2010
That was HORRIBLE!!!! Probably the worst first episode I've ever seen. Dropped.
Apr 4, 2011 7:40 AM

Jan 2010
It's like I'm really in Detroit!
Ok™
Apr 4, 2011 8:03 AM

Nov 2009
Another endless ecchi+harem anime...
Feels like shuffle's sequel but with a complicated plot...

but the chars are interesting though ... let's see if it gets better or worst
will keep watching for several eps before deciding to drop it or not.

3/5
btw, I'm not an ecchi/harem fan =)
Apr 4, 2011 8:43 AM

Aug 2009
i fell asleep...
Apr 4, 2011 9:33 AM
Aug 2010
I think most every one is being a little to harsh. It's only the first episode and you already drop it? I think everyone should at least watch the first 3 for an opinion. Anyway i thought it was alright except it didn't tell you the main plot till the very end.

7.5/10 ?
Apr 4, 2011 10:08 AM

Nov 2008
I don't think its that bad. The first episode was interesting, so I'll decide whether this will one of the anime's I drop, b/c by the time this week's over, I'll be watching too many to be able to keep up with all of them. Anyways looks interesting and the characters seem interesting.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 4, 2011 10:27 AM

Dec 2008
WTH is this?
"Go die in a hole, bitch!" LMAO!!!
Apr 4, 2011 11:01 AM

Oct 2008
So... I skimmed this to see if it was as I predicted...
This is why anime gets such a bad reputation...

I personally have a general rule about all anime. Each panty shot that I see, I deduct 1 point off it's score. I drop the show at 0.
Apr 4, 2011 11:12 AM

Jun 2010
Oke all Ecchi a side... Wtf... There wasn't much Logic to find... Hopes it get better so far it sticks.

Apr 4, 2011 11:16 AM

Jul 2008
I actually liked the part with the guys in the bar and all that...and then all that other shit kind of ruined it. What the fuck was I exactly watching?
Apr 4, 2011 11:19 AM

Oct 2008
This is bad. The last 5 minutes was more interesting than the rest of the show. The loli was a nice touch, I have to admit. Everything else? HORRIBLE

I'm gonna keep watching for the artwork and the loli. :|

Apr 4, 2011 11:22 AM

Feb 2011
It was a OK. I wish I had read the VN beforehand though, since I have no idea just what's going on here.
Apr 4, 2011 11:24 AM

Apr 2010
Omniknight said:
So... I skimmed this to see if it was as I predicted...
This is why anime gets such a bad reputation...

I personally have a general rule about all anime. Each panty shot that I see, I deduct 1 point off it's score. I drop the show at 0.

What the hell is wrong with panty shots? Even shows like Code Geass would get a 0 by that stupid "rule"

Apr 4, 2011 11:30 AM
Feb 2011
they keep swapping main chars, annoys me so much.
Apr 4, 2011 11:36 AM

Apr 2010
nonya said:

I have no idea how they are planning to do this adaption... they throw like 15 characters at us. It would be fine if they had like 50 or 60 episodes to do this, since thats about how much it would take (its got more words than Clannad), but with only 12 episodes, it would make sense to just do one route instead of all 5, which has a different male main character in each one.

Apr 4, 2011 11:47 AM

Nov 2008
nonya said:

Yeah that's terrible in this case since there's no real change that the dual stories connect in some way even Gundam Seed Destiny did better than this. The best thing they should do is have 2 episodes for each route and an ending episode to tie them all in as the intro has been done.

Apr 4, 2011 12:07 PM

Nov 2009
torrentsven said:
yet another epic fail anime with no content what so ever. dropped.

also the "ecchi" sucked to

AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE CENCORING

I agree the plot suck
Didn't realy paid atention to the music
drawings are good, but i hate all fanservice
characters are stupid

I will try 1-2 more episode's if it stays this way i will drop it
Apr 4, 2011 12:29 PM

Oct 2010
So, what is this about? SO many characters... and only 12 ep
lobkestar said:

I will try 1-2 more episode's if it stays this way i will drop it

Same
huh?
Apr 4, 2011 12:43 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Kinda weird anime xD But il watch anyways
Apr 4, 2011 12:52 PM

Aug 2010
Some random gags hit the spot, I won't drop it at all, actually it seems like it'll be fun watching.

Apr 4, 2011 1:14 PM
Apr 2011
As a veteran of the Visual Novel, I have to say I was disappointed by this introduction episode. Syusuke's parts (energetic brown-haired dude) were my favorite in the VN so I have to say that the parts in the bar were also my favorite, but the rest seems lackluster at best. Despite that, I'm still holding out a hope that this show will manage to make a comeback - the story of the Visual Novel is great stuff and I'm still interested (though not as hopeful) to see if they can do justice to that. There goes my two year old, high hopes of seeing an epic anime adaptation. I'm lowering my expectations to a 'good, enjoyable' anime.

For those of you curious, I've identified a number of the tracks played as coming directly from the visual novel. Brought back memories, but didn't help my initial verdict - 3/10.
Apr 4, 2011 1:16 PM

Jan 2008
Just watching this series as the fanservice series of the season, not really caring bout the story at this point, which is random as hell.

Heard the VN was good though.
Apr 4, 2011 1:31 PM

Apr 2010
Elias_Pedro said:
As a veteran of the Visual Novel, I have to say I was disappointed by this introduction episode. Syusuke's parts (energetic brown-haired dude) were my favorite in the VN so I have to say that the parts in the bar were also my favorite, but the rest seems lackluster at best. Despite that, I'm still holding out a hope that this show will manage to make a comeback - the story of the Visual Novel is great stuff and I'm still interested (though not as hopeful) to see if they can do justice to that. There goes my two year old, high hopes of seeing an epic anime adaptation. I'm lowering my expectations to a 'good, enjoyable' anime.

For those of you curious, I've identified a number of the tracks played as coming directly from the visual novel. Brought back memories, but didn't help my initial verdict - 3/10.

Ever since it was announced that it was only 12 episodes, it was always going to suck. It was never going to be given the justice it deserved in such a small time frame. Like imagine them trying to do the entire Clannad in 12 episodes.

Apr 4, 2011 1:42 PM
Apr 2011
RyanSaotome said:

Ever since it was announced that it was only 12 episodes, it was always going to suck. It was never going to be given the justice it deserved in such a small time frame. Like imagine them trying to do the entire Clannad in 12 episodes.

True, very true. I love the novel though, so I'm sticking with this to the bitter end. Some 12-episode shows have proven to be genius though, but with this production team known for butchering other shows already, I doubt they'll be able to do that.

If that's the case, I'll be here to explain any 'WTF WAS THAT?' qualms you guys might have without spoiling anything beyond the episode. Sadly, I can't say much because this episode offered nearly nothing :|, save for a few key points I hope and pray they will develop.
Apr 4, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2010
WTF wrong with this anime, all the female characters are cute. And that kid at restaurant took waitress's pantie off..... NO IDEA
They are so many character in this I can't even remember them.
At least WTH am I watching?
Apr 4, 2011 2:05 PM

Jun 2009
What just I watched!?
Apr 4, 2011 2:07 PM
May 2009
Wait, what just happened?
Apr 4, 2011 2:13 PM
Apr 2011
freshy1993 said:
WTF wrong with this anime, all the female characters are cute. And that kid at restaurant took waitress's pantie off..... NO IDEA
They are so many character in this I can't even remember them.
At least WTH am I watching?

Alright, a WTH comment. Ok, so let me see here. So the visual novel is (I believed) classified as a galge/eroge, meaning that it would have featured pretty and/or cute girls and that it would be M rated. The anime cuts off the eroge portion of it, leaving you with the galge portion. The same was true for Shuffle! which was also a visual novel (with the same producer - Navel) turned into an anime.

The kid flipping skirts is a staple of Navel works, or at least those games I am familiar with. It happens in Shuffle, its spin off 'Really? Really!' and in Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai. He also did the same thing, also to a waitress (part time) in the Shuffle! anime. I already expected that scene, but I didn't expect it at the first episode.

As of now, this is Episode 1 we're talking about here and it has introduced our three main leads. What's important right now would be those three, though Shuusuke's side seems to be the only one that seems to be going anywhere at the moment. The folks of the Alexander were my favorite in the game too - watching the episode again, Shuusuke's scenes didn't truly disappoint.

Now, for your last question. Hard to tell as of now. A genius producer would have done an episode like that to shock people with an amazing show down the line. If not, then it'll be on the fast lane to yet another anime train wreck. I personally believe that the story will shine, but we'll see in the end.
Apr 4, 2011 2:19 PM

Sep 2010
Very messy ATM. Not very good of a first impression. I'll just have to see the progression of events within the next few episodes.

Apr 4, 2011 2:30 PM

Sep 2010
I hate fanservice and this anime seems to have many of it. But I enjoyed Shuffle even though it had many fanservice. I hope this anime will become better... because I was like WTF when I watching this.
Apr 4, 2011 2:33 PM
Oct 2010
Elias_Pedro said:

A genius producer would have done an episode like that to shock people with an amazing show down the line. If not, then it'll be on the fast lane to yet another anime train wreck. I personally believe that the story will shine, but we'll see in the end.

I hope it shines too, I was looking forward to this adaption
Apr 4, 2011 2:34 PM

Sep 2009
I'm all dizzy now. No idea what i just watch.
I can't remember the character names and stuff, some character look pretty much the same.
This is what happen in the first eps when you introduce such a large cast all at once..
Apr 4, 2011 2:45 PM

Nov 2009
Well, that was a bit... weird... (unique?)

Some parts were funny, although the show was all over the place. The little girl was pretty funny, I think that whole scene was the best part of the episode.

After seeing the ED of the episode, I got even more confused. I'll keep watching this for now, but I'm not sure that I'll finish it.
Apr 4, 2011 2:57 PM

Nov 2008
I somehow found this series unique, even the title o_O What's with the title? XDD I was expecting this to be a fantasy-like show and they gave us a modern setting XDD suddenly put a fairy tale setting at the end? WTH o_O

I really like their interactions. They're like my party people friends. they only use the same condom XDD

So they will just switch channels to see other setting?

also numerous main leads in a harem is unusual too so i'll stick with this to see more. Hopefully, it won't make me disappointed XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 4, 2011 2:58 PM

Mar 2010
Despite some unnecessary fan-service and confusion that some people are having with the introduction of the characters, I think this show is not as bad as people are claiming to be.

It's not that hard deduce the character's background story and their personalities from the dialogues they had in this episode, and I'm interested to see if these bunches of seemingly unrelated characters ends up involved together in some kind of important event. On the other hand, some of the voice actors did pretty good damn job with their characters, while others still seem to trying to find some grooves with them.

Anyway, I'm curious to see why Ore Tachi was one of the best selling visual novel in Japan. Who knows, the story could turn out to be better than most people's expectations.

Apr 4, 2011 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
eh, it was OK, I guess
not liking but I have to watch episode 2, and if I don't like it then I might drop it
lol
Alice made me lol though
xDD
Apr 4, 2011 3:56 PM

Jan 2008
I liked Shuffle!, but this one. . . I don't know, the first ten minutes into the show and I haven't even broken into a smile yet, nevertheless laughed.
The characters appear to have potential, and there's nothing wrong with the voice acting, but the flow just seems to be way off.
Apr 4, 2011 4:09 PM
Apr 2010
Well this is something I totally didn't expect in a "Harem" series. They turned it into a slapstick comedy with WORD play. I like it, and the adult jokes just add to the fun. Sticking with it just for the laughs. :D
Apr 4, 2011 4:10 PM

Nov 2009
I'm not sure what I just watched but I'll wait till 4 eps in before I give it the full ride or not...
Apr 4, 2011 4:22 PM
Apr 2009
i'll keep watching
in fact, I have no more animes to watch
I got myself use to watch all new series every seasons
and maybe drop 1 or 2
for now, i'll take this as an introduction ep
but the ending was cool I got to admit haha
Apr 4, 2011 4:23 PM

Nov 2009
...wtf was with that ED. I like to watch things having never read the summary, or at least those that are coming out during the season, which caused a big headache.

I suppose they are all not going to go into another world or something. God, this is even more confusing then stein;gate was. -.-
Apr 4, 2011 4:25 PM

Jun 2010
Giving this series a couple of episodes before I make a decision to drop it...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2011

50 by Rad_Scientist »»
Feb 5, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - May 9, 2011

54 by Rad_Scientist »»
Jan 23, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 17, 2011

65 by BrianaBird »»
Apr 13, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2011

100 by Edocchi »»
Apr 12, 2022 9:33 PM

» Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai for PSVita and PS3

nbdmiyako - Feb 26, 2014

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 22, 2021 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.