Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 14 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 29, 2019 5:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
zwolf12 said:
tingy said:

I think people misunderstood Myne and the concept of resurrection a bit. Yes, Myne was an adult, but she was borderline autistic in her love for books. They don't really touch on the fact in the anime, but from the novel I can tell you that she would have been killed by truck-kun a lot earlier if she didn't have a friend pulling her aside while she was reading during their school walk. She also died during an earthquake, because she didn't find it significant enough to stop reading, until the book shelves crashed on her and killed her.
In her new body she also has the knowledge and mind of her old self, but she doesn't have the body (clearly) and that includes the brain. An undeveloped brain explains quite some of the more unreasonable things she does (like breaking into tears in the early episodes), because just because she has knowledge doesn't mean that she can act like an adult with a brain of a 5 year old.
So we have a main character in Myne that was borderline autistic, with a focus on books, and a brain of a 5 year old child that is also filled with knowledge of another life.

While I have no idea how well the anime is doing in japan, we should not forget that the novel was 3 years in a row on rank 1 of the longer (usually more mature and higher quality) novel rankings. So my guess would be that it wasn't as much as a surprise as it was with the western audience.

That's fair. I didn't consider the physical development of the brain, but I also know nothing about brain development and whether or not that would actually inhibit someone from self control, as there are adults who have self control problems (but I suppose for some people it really is something off balance with the body like hormones). Just like there are outliers, there are kids who don't throw tantrums even at that age (from personal experience with toddlers and first graders). Honestly, until we can transfer memories to another body, it's all just theories :P I'm also not ignoring your comment about borderline autistic btw since I had considered it as well, I just think that's can be a sensitive thing to talk about, even if Urano displays such traits. Well anyways, whatever the possible explanations there are, it's ultimately just something personal and I still love the series, that's why I said don't quote me XD But still, thanks for your perspective on things!

Interesting insight on how well the novel has been doing in Japan. Congrats to the author :) I don't know if Honzuki's sales got boosted by the anime, but if it was a success, then we could be seeing more content adapted beyond second part of the anime. The first BD/DVD volume also just came out on the 27th in Japan, so we'll see about the sales (even though these sales aren't everything).
Dec 29, 2019 8:38 PM

Jul 2017
Continuing on from the last episode, the Church and the Myne's Devouring issues interlinked, made the situation much worse. Certainly NOT what her family had expected from the intense give-and-take treatment.

With that, the terms and conditions suggested, it's going to be a tough uphill fight for Myne's right as the split between nobles and commons make for such a scene that Myne has been exposed the harsh truth, even for a reincarnated frail 5-year old.

And to that effect, the Devouring (or a raged tantrum version called the Crushing) took hold of Myne for such a frightening scene that not even the nobles could hold a candle to with the overwhelming mana. That'd teach them a lesson to not play with her emotions.

Instead, the head priest will take care of Myne, and all the T&C done, it was an unexpected win-win solution, with Myne's family losing the battle, but winning the war.

Can't wait for the 2nd cour in Spring 2020, now that the anime is fully caught onto the translated material so far.
Dec 29, 2019 10:47 PM

Dec 2009
Wow. Just wow.

I'm mostly speechless overall. This show was amazing in every respect. Cannot wait for continuation.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 30, 2019 12:20 AM
Dec 2018
I feel her obsession with books is nothing but a gag aimed to make the series funny. Also since she's in a body of a child, she gets the free pass to act like a child. We also low know very little about her overall development and know she had vast knowledge and love for book in her previous life, so she might have had childish behavior afterall.
Dec 30, 2019 2:49 AM
Sep 2018
Mine was badass this episode
10/10
Dec 30, 2019 1:23 PM

Dec 2016
I really enjoyed this anime ^^ 7/10 The priest is a big heartless jerk for harming Mein's parents just because they are poor. That was very rude! Mein went too far as to scare him to death. I liked to see Mein showing some respect!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 30, 2019 11:38 PM

Oct 2017

Im just waiting for Ascendance of a Bookworm: Future now
Dec 31, 2019 1:23 AM

Jan 2012
Well damn, that got pretty intense pretty quickly. I knew that high priest wasn't exactly the most pure person around when he exploited Myne into making donations and all, but he went full blown cartoon super villain. Though sadly, at the same time, it felt somewhat realistic with how the world is, even today. Thank goodness Myne had her power to see her through. Honestly I was worried these last few episodes she wouldn't be staying with her family, mostly because the season 2 promotional art just has her and the head priest in an exotic looking locale. For all I know that may still happen down the line, but I hope not. Easily the strongest aspect of this series is Myne's relationship with her family and Lutz and friends. Writing them out of the story entirely or mostly would be a major downer and I doubt I'd enjoy it as much as everything to this point. But at this point that's mostly speculation so I guess I'll just take a wait and see approach on that particular issue.

Going into this series I had actually already read some of the manga chapters, even before knowing this was getting an anime adaptation. I stopped before Lutz found out the truth about Myne. I remember enjoying the series for its somewhat unique premise and pacing. I think that carried over to this adaptation pretty well. And as I said above the character relationships were the strongest, most endearing/emotional aspects of the series. I dunno, this series just had a different sorta vibe from most that I watch, in a good way. It was definitely one of this season's stand-outs for me, worthy of a solid 8/10. I'll be looking forward to season 2 next year.
Dec 31, 2019 2:15 AM

Feb 2019
An awesome finale. It was heartwarming through and through. I think this episode shone the best when it was covering the family and how loving and devoted they are to each other. It was really awesome seeing Myne's dad doing everything he can to protect Myne.

But damn. Myne with the Crushing is terrifying. Like, really actually terrifying and someone you DO NOT want to mess with. Kinda wanted that High Priest to die honestly, but that would not have been good for Myne.

A solid, unique, interesting, and heartwarming anime. I don't regret picking this up again after initially dropping it. 8/10 and can't wait for the next cour!
Dec 31, 2019 3:16 AM

Apr 2015
all these time my brain is like "you idiot Mine, why didn't you include Benno into the church!!! He is the best when it comes to negotiations! he'll make a deal that is impossible for the church to turn down"

and you, yes you Benno, WHY DIDN'T YOU COME TO THE CHURCH WITH MINE!!!
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Dec 31, 2019 3:49 AM

Dec 2014
This was a really wholesome one. It was mid-night, I was bored and I decided to watch an episode, and I ended up watching the whole 14 episodes. It's been a while since I was so immersed, and since I found something so relaxing. I can't wait for the next season.
Jan 1, 2020 4:34 AM

Jan 2019
waiting this for complete then go full marathon was a not bad choice, really enjoyed the anime. total wholesome in any aspect. the feeling of really enjoyed the show like these really rare for me, close one is when i discovered log horizon (if only they go with another season, maybe i didnt drop the rating to 7 :( ) and when i rediscovered anime again after long break with yuru camp. looking forward for the second cour/second season in the next april!

solid 9/10!
Jan 1, 2020 5:14 AM

Nov 2018
Benno sure is a good advisor at worldly stuff.
Turi crying was touching.
That high priest sure is a jerk. Whoa the plot sure got very tight there.
Gunther went badass father mode there. Maine even more so badass daughter and individual mode, I love that look in her eyes.
"If I can't live my life the way I want, there's no point."
Looks like Ferdinand (for some reason I keep thinking of him as Arthur) was touched at that.
I actually didn't expect Maine to stay with her parents mid series, very nice.
"No- I feel he will scold me a lot!" that was very cute.
Turi and Lutz waiting for them, and then Turi welcoming was touching.
I actually... just considered the girl in the ending song could be Maine, or is her. Her design seems different other than hair color, and I always associated her with a mermaid somehow.
The ending art was very nice.
Best anime of this season for me. And it managed to cross 8 too. Great.
OrangeCloudsJan 1, 2020 5:28 AM
Jan 1, 2020 10:18 PM

Oct 2008
Myne is so badass with her out of control powers!
lolz at Aizen's voice going chipmonk fastforward!
I'm ready for Season 2 in April 2020!
5/5.
8/10.

Jan 2, 2020 3:57 PM
Jan 2019
Definitely my favorite anime among others this season.

The MAL score is creeping slowly from the initial 6.x to 8, glad more people are giving this wonderful anime a try and love it.

Bring on season 2 can't wait!
Jan 3, 2020 1:48 AM

Mar 2009
Great show from beginning to end. More isekai like this one, please. Looking forward to season 2.

Has Myne used the Crushing in a previous episode, or was this the first time? Didn't know she had that power to actually hurt others.
Jan 3, 2020 2:16 AM

Aug 2015
Mormegil said:
Has Myne used the Crushing in a previous episode, or was this the first time? Didn't know she had that power to actually hurt others.

This was the first time, but she was about to use it on Fey and his brother when they destroyed her clay tablets in the forest.
Jan 3, 2020 2:31 AM

Mar 2009
Kami-Koto said:
Mormegil said:

This was the first time, but she was about to use it on Fey and his brother when they destroyed her clay tablets in the forest.

I remember that scene now. Thanks.
Jan 3, 2020 7:13 PM

Feb 2008
One of the best things about this manga is that as far as isekai goes, it is story driven almost entirely rather than have the trappings of a typical MC with super OP abilities and low risk conflicts.

she worked for everything she got, even with the advantage of otherworld knowledge and she had a lot of close calls. I've seen people scoff at the fact that she has no "power" but this has never really been about that. Its why this is one of the few gems in the Isekai genre that are enjoyable and narratively interesting.
Jan 4, 2020 4:31 AM
May 2017
Finally caught up with the show since i'm too busy with my own life and my final thought: "This show is absolute incredible".

Final warning: "DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS ANIME" I repeat: "DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS ANIME" !!

The story, characters, world buiding, I can praise this show enough. Of course I'm already read the source but I amazed how well they adapted it.

Final score: 9/10

Jan 5, 2020 7:54 PM

Jul 2016
Such a good anime, every episode had a way to keep me watching it, pretty rare for current animes to do that.
9/10

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Jan 8, 2020 12:33 PM

May 2012
This was seriously an amazing anime, the pacing of each episode was near perfect and if we had a full laid out ending this might as well have been a masterpiece in my eyes.

It truly is a shame that they stopped here especially after such a reveal and as this setting, concept, and certainly story and character pacing were great!

I really loved how it suddenly went all the way from happy to extreme dark and powerful, but well I really hope we'll have a sequel to this but with the last 'to be continued...' I do highly think this will be the case. It's just weird they stopped here.

But All in all a fantastic watch!
RafaelDeJonghJan 8, 2020 12:36 PM
Jan 8, 2020 7:23 PM

Feb 2014
I still can't trust that blue-haired high priest

Very good anime, I am torn between 8 and 9/10
Jan 8, 2020 9:52 PM

Oct 2018
RafaelDeJongh said:
This was seriously an amazing anime, the pacing of each episode was near perfect and if we had a full laid out ending this might as well have been a masterpiece in my eyes.

It truly is a shame that they stopped here especially after such a reveal and as this setting, concept, and certainly story and character pacing were great!

I really loved how it suddenly went all the way from happy to extreme dark and powerful, but well I really hope we'll have a sequel to this but with the last 'to be continued...' I do highly think this will be the case. It's just weird they stopped here.

But All in all a fantastic watch!

Season 2/part 2 had been announced even before the anime ended, around episode 8.
It's coming in Spring this year.

Also, an OVA episode is coming in March.
Jan 10, 2020 1:26 AM

Oct 2018
Wonderful episode, though it did strike me as a bit weird that the head priest (who is the subordinate of the high priest, no?) was able to dismiss any consequences for Mayn/her dad in regards to kicking around the grey priests and the high priest. I guess the head priest is the one with the real power?
Jan 11, 2020 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
Frosum said:
Wonderful episode, though it did strike me as a bit weird that the head priest (who is the subordinate of the high priest, no?) was able to dismiss any consequences for Mayn/her dad in regards to kicking around the grey priests and the high priest. I guess the head priest is the one with the real power?

Not really, but the head priest is in charge of internal management including other priests, so once Main is a blue robe he's the one having directly authority about how she's handled.
While the high priest is technically above the head priest afaik, their relation is less that of a boss and subordinate and more of two heads with different responsibilities and matter to handle.
Jan 12, 2020 2:11 PM

Jul 2016
i like how at first the high priest was like aight i'mma just sit back here while he sentences her parents to death and locks up main, all "tough luck girlie" until main actually is about to kill the rotten temple head and him
if you're gonna tell my bbg to control her emotions, you better control your fatass "noble" temple head first
this moment turned my 9 to a 10
it's sad that the manga has only just barely finished part one of ascendance, and those 30ish chapters took 3 years, but i'm really hoping that there is a second anime season of this based off of the novel because boy o boy this was GOOOD
NVM I JUST GOOGLED and there is gonna be a second season AWWWWW YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA
i can't wait
Jan 13, 2020 6:34 AM
Sep 2017
Cazqui-09 said:

it's sad that the manga has only just barely finished part one of ascendance, and those 30ish chapters took 3 years

The Part 1 manga actually finished in July 2018 and there are 15 chapters out of the Part 2 manga, which corresponds to a bit less than a quarter of Part 2 (the up and coming anime will far surpass this though).
However the English scanlation of the Part 1 manga just finished and currently only the first chapter of the Part 2 manga is scanlated into English.
Jan 13, 2020 10:49 AM

Jul 2016
Hurwitz said:
Cazqui-09 said:

it's sad that the manga has only just barely finished part one of ascendance, and those 30ish chapters took 3 years

The Part 1 manga actually finished in July 2018 and there are 15 chapters out of the Part 2 manga, which corresponds to a bit less than a quarter of Part 2 (the up and coming anime will far surpass this though).
However the English scanlation of the Part 1 manga just finished and currently only the first chapter of the Part 2 manga is scanlated into English.

ohhh, that's why i thought it just ended now, because the english translation just finished. 15 chapters of part 2!!! i'll definitely have to go search for those later, i really loved this anime so i need something to keep me occupied as spring is close but far to me.
Jan 13, 2020 5:51 PM

Nov 2016
Gunther was pretty badass xD

Delightful series with some "darker" elements. I enjoyed it overall, but I had trouble to find the right mood for it. Nonetheless looking forward to the next part to see how the story continues.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2020 7:55 AM
Sep 2017
Cazqui-09 said:
Hurwitz said:

ohhh, that's why i thought it just ended now, because the english translation just finished. 15 chapters of part 2!!! i'll definitely have to go search for those later, i really loved this anime so i need something to keep me occupied as spring is close but far to me.

I'd recommend reading the light novel too. If you can read Japanese they go 18 volumes further, and if you'd be reading it in English then this time next week they'll be two volumes ahead of the anime. Plus both the raw and English translations get new volumes fairly regularly.
Jan 16, 2020 9:12 AM

Oct 2008
So... I don't know if it's going to be a spoiler question, but I found it very interesting that the Devouring is very similar to the concept to an Obscurial in Harry Potter, where pent-up mana kills you from the inside. My question is, is there any way to utilize this mana other than just getting rid of it? Like, can they do magic or is it just something to be drained regularly?
Jan 19, 2020 6:53 PM

Jul 2016
Hurwitz said:
Cazqui-09 said:

I'd recommend reading the light novel too. If you can read Japanese they go 18 volumes further, and if you'd be reading it in English then this time next week they'll be two volumes ahead of the anime. Plus both the raw and English translations get new volumes fairly regularly.

oh, i'm not really the type to read *cough* books, or light novels. especially of already anime adapted material, it's just weird to me reading about it but not seeing any visuals - if that makes sense. (which is why my second option would be the manga if i'm desperate!) the last book i read was jane eyre and since then i've not even attempted reading actually anything that starts with a n and ends with a l xD
Jan 24, 2020 1:03 AM
Jan 2014
That's got to be one of the dumbest anime I've watched since Gravitation. Now I don't even know why I watched it.

The description of the anime seems interesting, but what happens is so poorly executed and while the first 3 episodes build up the hype, the other 11 completely deflate it and around episode 9 until 14 is just a dumpster fire.

Plot armors and plot holes everywhere.

Main/supporting characters aged 5-7 with the personality and mental state of people aged 25-27. What a joke.

Feels like a whinier version of Dr. Stone/Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken without all the things that made them good.
AllwyndJan 24, 2020 1:07 AM
Feb 4, 2020 12:56 PM

Oct 2018
Allwynd said:
That's got to be one of the dumbest anime I've watched since Gravitation. Now I don't even know why I watched it.

The description of the anime seems interesting, but what happens is so poorly executed and while the first 3 episodes build up the hype, the other 11 completely deflate it and around episode 9 until 14 is just a dumpster fire.

Plot armors and plot holes everywhere.

Main/supporting characters aged 5-7 with the personality and mental state of people aged 25-27. What a joke.

Feels like a whinier version of Dr. Stone/Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken without all the things that made them good.

This got to be one of the dumbest opinion I have seen
Feb 7, 2020 12:34 PM

Jan 2016
This was a really good ending,
I disliked the majority of the show but I actually would give this episode an 8/10

overall show is 5/10 for me.

Was badass to see Main fucking yeet that old fucker tho.
Feb 7, 2020 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
Is this what one would call RAID BOSS STATUS?
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Feb 17, 2020 10:33 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty interesting plot...
At first it’s a simple story about Myne trying to make the most of her life as someone else (something that is uncommon for Isekai), but then add in the Devouring aspect, and you get a nice twist to the story.

While the production value wasn't outstanding, and the plot seemed quite convenient at times for Myne (ie. Lutz accepting her being fake without any discussion with her family, getting her life saved by Frieda, getting accepted to the church after almost killing the High priest etc), the plot is interesting enough to want to watch more. Also, the story does seem suited for children but I didn’t mind it. In hindsight, it might explain some of the conveniences.

Also didn’t expect the anime to be so focused on being a Merchant but it was enjoyable.
I wonder if they’ll ever address why she was sent to another world or who sent her.

Looking forward to how it pans out in the next season!
herricklukFeb 17, 2020 10:39 PM
Feb 19, 2020 9:24 AM

May 2014
I would have preferred if more of Main's problems were caused by the other characters. She is surrounded by universally nice people, with the exception of that one priest. Now all her problems were caused by her illness and the low level of technology in the world.

Sure, the local class society was featured in the story, but the characters did not ultimately think too much about it aside from its immediate consequences for Main's book-writing project. So that aspect also felt a bit passive. If society is so deeply flawed, it would be more interesting to talk about it more deeply or try to do something about it. I suppose she is, to some extent, but she is only motivated by books, not the situation itself. And it feels a bit jarring that their society is in a poor shape but the people surrounding Main are still super-nice all the time. Also, if the point is realism, then Lutz and Frieda are acting far more mature than people of their age.

Technological realism isn't everything. I feel like you need to pay more attention to social and interpersonal realism too. And actually, realism itself isn't everything. You need characters who are willing to clash sometimes on some topics. Otherwise, you are only really troubled by nature, and while it can sometimes work, nature usually isn't the most interesting opponent.

So 5/10, sorry.
Feb 26, 2020 9:11 PM

Jul 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:
I would have preferred if more of Main's problems were caused by the other characters. She is surrounded by universally nice people, with the exception of that one priest. Now all her problems were caused by her illness and the low level of technology in the world.

That is how I roughly felt. I was really enjoying the first half of the show, but when in the second half of the show everything became so focused on the devouring it fell in value for me. I don't think making the devouring "The Villain" of the series was a good decision. I did enjoy everything else though out side of scenes overly focused on the devouring.
Mar 9, 2020 12:42 PM

Dec 2019
The show started off very slow and with poor animation, but the idea was unique enough to keep me watching. I think it wasn't until around episode 6 where the show actually picked up and actually became somewhat interesting when her plan actually started making real progress. As the show approached the conclusion and it started to reveal more and more of the magic side of the world it kept me more and more engaged. I originally thought the sickness was completely unnecessary, and while I do still think it was overplayed a lot in the earlier episodes, it was needed for the payoff. Unfortunately, as much as I loved the last few episodes, I can't just ignore the pacing of the beginning of the series, and I also can't ignore the very low budget "animation" (mostly just stills) so I'm only going to give it a 5. Excited for season 2.
Mar 9, 2020 2:08 PM

Nov 2018
2 OVAs just appeared on Crunchyroll, will they have their own posts to discuss them?
Mar 11, 2020 9:23 AM

Apr 2013
tonizombie said:
2 OVAs just appeared on Crunchyroll, will they have their own posts to discuss them?

They have their own MAL entry : https://myanimelist.net/anime/40841/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen_OVA
With the associated thread to talk about the 2 part there as well :).
Mar 17, 2020 6:31 PM
Jan 2017
This anime was alright but coulda been better.

1st off I looove the idea of being reincarnated into another already existing girl and even quetsioning her going waaaait a second YOURE NOT MYNE.

buuut 1 key fault from beginning to end of this shows is it drops these facts and world building tidbits and then for sooome reason reuses them like theyre new. ive seen 3 examples of this:
1st off Myne says that in medieval times, such as the new world she's in, says books were typically reserved for Nobles due to price and so on. Buut in that saaame episode she like WHAAAAT NOO BOOKS WHYYY? even though SHE was the one who said why.
2. Im pretty sure She was told moe than once The Devouring was a build up of maan and at the final episode she acts like she didnt know she had mana
3. as someone just said The Devouring is a Diesease of ONLY peasants getting an overflow of mana. soo why was the high priest shocked her parents were poor?

On the pro side though atleast they didnt immediately screw Myne over in the end and she actually was the 1 in control otherwise that woulda ruined the show for me
Overall I'd give this a 7/10 maaybe a 6.5/10. It has some good ideas and shows a lotta actual hardwork and not just magic fixes all. and i hope it stays that way
Mar 18, 2020 1:03 AM

Apr 2013
nidoqueen106 said:
ive seen 3 examples of this:
1st off Myne says that in medieval times, such as the new world she's in, says books were typically reserved for Nobles due to price and so on. Buut in that saaame episode she like WHAAAAT NOO BOOKS WHYYY? even though SHE was the one who said why.
2. Im pretty sure She was told moe than once The Devouring was a build up of maan and at the final episode she acts like she didnt know she had mana
3. as someone just said The Devouring is a Diesease of ONLY peasants getting an overflow of mana. soo why was the high priest shocked her parents were poor?

On the pro side though atleast they didnt immediately screw Myne over in the end and she actually was the 1 in control otherwise that woulda ruined the show for me
Overall I'd give this a 7/10 maaybe a 6.5/10. It has some good ideas and shows a lotta actual hardwork and not just magic fixes all. and i hope it stays that way

Hello,
for 1) the first time she said "could it be". Afterwards it's her reaction when she realize that supposition was true.
For 2), no, WE were told in discussions between Benno and Otto, she wasn't here.
For 3), Devouring is something that only happens to commoners (ie, not nobles) because nobles have magic items usually inherited from their parents at least, and plenty of them are rich enough to buy another one is needed (not every ones though, so devouring can happen for the poorest noble families). What the high priest is surprised by, is that her parents are POOR. Because there are rich commoners (just like our world had the "bourgeoisie") and Myne who was just a small child had absurdly massive pocket money, he assumed her parents would be extremely rich (think, like Frieda's parents).
Those rich commoners are quite richer than the poorest part of the nobles. And since like it was said twice the church lives from regular donations coming from the noble families that put their child in the church, and those donations diminished after the last purge by a huge amount, they need money just as much as mana (that was the whole point of the conversation).
But if Maine's parent are POOR, they cannot donate to the church regularly, so there is no reason to try to make an exception about Maine. Hence the change of attitude.
Apr 20, 2020 10:26 AM

Mar 2010
I really, really like this anime. Honestly, I've dropped this at episode 1 because of Main and yet re-picking it surprise me at how good it is.

BUT, the ending for this season one was IMO was bad. I really didn't like it. Specifically at the negotiation with head priest. I mean, it logically make sense that if Main have mana, then she should be able to do magic. It feels like Deus Ex Machine, but it really isn't. But narrative-wise, she didn't even need too use magic.

There are many ways to negotiate with arrogant noble without resulting in using magic or fight. Like Benno said, "Looks doesn't matter, fight to survive", she should dress up her parent with expensive clothes as a merchant and negotiate on equal ground. Sure, the lie might get exposed but really, there are many ways she can trick the head priest including bribe and such. I mean, she even knows that the head priest like money because of earlier event. Surely she noticed tha,t being as smart as she is. And oh boy, things can go very wrong if she can't use her power at that specific time. Honestly, why she never thought of that makes me mad that I have to pause at this scene and go take a walk xD

That aside, I still loves this anime. Can't wait to continue S2.
Apr 21, 2020 7:06 PM

Apr 2015
Episodes 1-13: Making books and business negotiations
Episode 14: A seven-year-old girl almost kills two priests without touching them

God I love anime
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 27, 2020 12:18 AM

Jan 2019
"Inconsistent" is the word that I think best describes this anime.

In terms of pacing, tone, animation quality, character motivation, all of it seemed to change frequently and without much logic behind it. Hell, I've never written a review on this site, but the absolute strangeness of this series may very well force me to, so I'll stop writing for now.
May 7, 2020 8:26 PM

Jun 2011
That was a decent anime. It gets more and more interesting. I'm fucking hating Benno though. Also the dad is badass.

I thought Tuli and Main were going to glomp each other the moment they were reunited but that took longer than I thought.

Onward to season 2.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
May 20, 2020 12:55 PM

Mar 2017
We haven't really seen Nobles in this anime so that really caught me off-guard when that fat bastard actually changed his attitude, even though it's pretty common for nobles in anime to be a first class asshole.

CatSoul said:
Episodes 1-13: Making books and business negotiations
Episode 14: A seven-year-old girl almost kills two priests without touching them

God I love anime

For real! I was like "whoa what? okay, that escalated quickly". I really wasn't expecting this kind of development, pretty much because how relaxing this anime has been for me before this episode.

Well, that is the season 1. This seems like an anime I'll watch over and over so I could be lowering the score by time, but for now, solid 9/10.

Think I will watch the 2nd season after it ended, I can't bear waiting a week to watch the next episode.
BlueIsLoveMay 20, 2020 11:14 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

95 by jonrome »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

99 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2019

66 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 11, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

76 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 11, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

108 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 11, 1:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.