Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 4, 2017 7:15 PM

Aug 2010
Welp... It wasn't good. I was so hyped about it, and got disappointed. Reading topics around here, seems it didn't follow the manga at some point? I'm glad I bought them then. lol
Oct 5, 2017 10:02 PM

Feb 2014
Enjoyable anime.
Had fun watching.

8/10

PS: The animation and visuals reminded me of Prison School.
TechOtakuOct 5, 2017 10:09 PM
Oct 5, 2017 10:04 PM

Feb 2014
ExTemplar said:
juicykitten95 said:

game was different and opponent was different

but in that game everyone won as well and president disbanded the council cuz spoilers

so yea pretty much same shit , however to score would have been much higher cuz manga yuri but in anime no yuri finale
shieeet, I would love me some yuri.

oh... in manga there's yuri? =O

Meanwhile here in the anime looks like we got het...? =(

Now I'm disappointed lol
Oct 7, 2017 8:44 AM
Jul 2011
Pretty weird feeling after watching the finale. The series was nice and fun to watch every week along side other more popular hits of the season but I thought with all the build up the battle with the President would be..."more grand" but even without reading the manga you can sense something was off and rushed. Turns out from reading around here anime original ending strikes yet another series.

It's unfortunate, I figure the series was doing pretty good but guess the studio played it safe (ironic considering the theme of Yumeko pushes) with an open-ended but "conclusive" ending which is nice if nothing else ever comes from this adaptation wise.

Guess better than some other anime adaptations that lingers in limbo and usually nothing else happens so you left with bad cliffhanger ending forever.

The animations on those faces was great and Yumeko is pretty memorable female protag, liked Suzui's "love confession" via gambling line and slowly awakening, and the battle with Kaede Manyuda was still epic so this finale didn't totally butcher my thoughts of the series overall for me, 7/10. I've seen much worse AO endings.
Gen2K_Oct 7, 2017 8:50 AM
Oct 7, 2017 10:19 AM
Apr 2017
I'm a little dissapointed. Ofc I realized that there will be probably a season 2, but... They were positioning president as the last big fat @ss boss, and we got just an average "fight". I'd say less than average actually. Meh 8/10 still was exciting though.
Oct 7, 2017 5:32 PM
Jun 2012
What the hell was that? What is wrong with this episode? I waited 11 episodes and this is the result? Where is my Grand finale? If this doesnt get another season Imma lose it.
Oct 7, 2017 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty weak ending to be honest. First of all, the fact that they were betting their right to be at the school means that we know for sure Yumeko would not lose. That's the sort of outcome that just won't happen because of course the series would end if she lost. Second, they were saying that only the Fool can save Yumeko, but that's just manufactured drama because of course Judgment could also save Yumeko too if she was at -20. It wasn't like she pulled -1 then -21.

Judging from what people are saying, this was an original ending and doesn't follow the source material. Good. Because this was way worse than Manyuda gamble and I would've been very disappointed in the series if this actually came from the source material.

Would probably watch a season 2 though and I hope they do it. This was fun.
Oct 7, 2017 9:17 PM

Jan 2014
damn it, I thought I'm gonna give it 9/10 if it was better grand finale. but then it just end like this? then 7/10 for entire series.
Oct 8, 2017 11:22 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
At first I had high hopes for this anime, but after the first episodes I dropped them to more reasonable levels so I was expecting the anime to just be good and fun to watch, but without deepness to it, and that show. The ending didnt felt like one, but fuck...

The thing I most liked from the anime was ED, that one is right up to my alley, it seems to capture the series nature so well, and I love the song, never got bored of watching it.
Guess it is time for the manga route.

8.0/10
Oct 9, 2017 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
I think the adaptation was great until the last episode. While it's good to see Suzui being on the spotlight, the manga was better. They basically replaced
and made it with the president. Although, at least it gives us a taste on what could happen in the future chapters(Jabami and Momobami never once fought at all).

I do hope there's a chance with Season 2. Since Tokyo GHoul will animate Re, despite making Root A.

I give it an 8/10. Read the manga to find out what happens next.
Oct 11, 2017 2:36 PM

Apr 2014
really glad i decided to watch this series while at the same time im glad I took so long to end up watching this so i could watch it all in 1 go as it would have sucked to have to wait week after week for eps

really enjoyed this series and loved Yumeko all throughout the series couldnt even skip the ending because how amazing Yumeko was in the ending

with that said though gotta say didnt really care to much for this final ep though hated it even more so when i found out this ep was anime original which made sense as to why is wasnt as good as the rest of the anime but none the less everything else besides this final ep was amazing

of course i would love a season 2 but giving as this got an anime original ending makes that seem like it'll never happen but would love for it to happen but for now will go through everything again with the manga version and keep going from there
"one step at a time"
Oct 13, 2017 10:39 PM

Jan 2013
Well that was a shit show.
All the characters look like fucking goats.
Oct 16, 2017 4:51 PM
Oct 2015
Did anyone notice the fact that the results were false and that -21+20=-1 not +1?
Oct 17, 2017 8:55 AM

Jul 2008
FuegoIndigo said:
Did anyone notice the fact that the results were false and that -21+20=-1 not +1?

You are forgetting a number. The first card Jabami drew was +1. Then -21 from President. Then final card was +20. So it was 0 = a draw.
Oct 18, 2017 3:07 PM

Jan 2010
what can i say, it was a super rushed final episode. its not a satisfactory ending. if they dont make a second season its another of those anime that just tells you fuck you go read the manga if you want. not that i really care it was an average anime, forgetable
Oct 19, 2017 10:59 PM

Feb 2013
Zelev said:
A lot of people give the studio shit but fail to realize the creator has a say in it. I liked the twist, and I ship the two MCs. Still 4/10, though.. mostly because MC is overpowered and will never lose because she's main character.

I thought Saotome is into Suzui since she bullies him specifically (even after he got freed) and then eat's his cherry when they were having cake.

Edit:
Trying to post the screenshot
animepostingOct 19, 2017 11:20 PM
Oct 20, 2017 8:29 AM

Jan 2014
fullmetalweeaboo said:
Zelev said:
A lot of people give the studio shit but fail to realize the creator has a say in it. I liked the twist, and I ship the two MCs. Still 4/10, though.. mostly because MC is overpowered and will never lose because she's main character.

I thought Saotome is into Suzui since she bullies him specifically (even after he got freed) and then eat's his cherry when they were having cake.

Edit:
Trying to post the screenshot

Maybe it's secretly a harem and this screenshot confirms it.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 21, 2017 12:21 AM

Feb 2015
It finally ended. I have to say studio MAPPA did a great job with this show animation incluiding character designs, backgrounds and special effects. The story was entertaining, specially the development. The final was rushed, like it ended with a little game without risks, you really feel that when you finish it, and all the show was about risks.

A show only to entertain you, nothing new to watch.
Oct 21, 2017 10:13 PM

Mar 2014
I hate this fucking trend of promoting something as ecchi but not even committing to it.

6/10
Oct 22, 2017 10:18 PM

Aug 2014
Forced original ending for great source material. rip
Oct 25, 2017 4:06 AM

Dec 2012
Finish the show on a draw was underwhelming. The best part was when Suzui was possessed by Yumeko, such a badass scene.
It's a good anime with a good concept, but I wasn't involved in the gamblings. The songs were good.

Interesting opening song.
Oct 26, 2017 10:44 PM

Feb 2013
I don't really understand the bad reviews....it was fine, not amazing, but I enjoyed it. I mean, just explaining the cheating, or whatever was good enough for me. Sure the animation was weird, but it wasn't BAD....

7/10
Oct 27, 2017 9:23 PM

Feb 2013
unmemorablehero said:
I don't really understand the bad reviews....it was fine, not amazing, but I enjoyed it. I mean, just explaining the cheating, or whatever was good enough for me. Sure the animation was weird, but it wasn't BAD....

7/10

Many people dislike the ending.
The manga chapter that it would have ended on was actually perfect for a semi conclusion

Since the anime followed the manga very faithfully people were probably expecting an ending like this, so the staff decided to use an original ending as the twist, making it a meta trick.
Oct 28, 2017 10:13 AM

May 2017
Really disappointed about the ending. It felt rushed. The opening sequence hinted the Sayaka arc (the part where she and the president are falling), but we didn't get to see it animated. It was one of my favorites too, sigh. This series deserves better :/
Oct 30, 2017 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
fullmetalweeaboo said:
unmemorablehero said:

7/10

Many people dislike the ending.
The manga chapter that it would have ended on was actually perfect for a semi conclusion

Since the anime followed the manga very faithfully people were probably expecting an ending like this, so the staff decided to use an original ending as the twist, making it a meta trick.

Every time I watch anime or watch the opening I feel Some Disappointed
I was waiting Sayaka arc

Many were disappointed because of the end

Even so far, I do not know why the director decided to change the end and not to walk on the manga

It would have been a great end of the anime if I had finished the first season with Sayaka arc

Nov 4, 2017 1:13 PM

Jun 2011
Jabami Yumeko felt like a really shallow character, it's a shame all her character boiled down to was making those weird orgasmic expressions. It was boring to watch because her actions felt so.. predictable. I expected something a little more and different from this show when I was recommended by a friend, but it was just all about the lewd faces. It's extremely disappointing.

Both OP and ED songs are very enticing, certain moments in the series were pretty insane, but overall the series doesn't feel like it has really much more to offer.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 4, 2017 2:29 PM

May 2009
ziggy_Z said:
I hate this fucking trend of promoting something as ecchi but not even committing to it.

6/10

But what exactly did you expect them to do as "committment"?
Xaelath said:

What do you mean "Rip"? Original ending was harmless, didn't change anything, they could follow manga plot with second season without a problem. Of course there won't be a sequel unless Netflix wants it and show didn't even have premiere internationally yet.
Nov 4, 2017 3:51 PM

Aug 2014
bastek66 said:
ziggy_Z said:

6/10

Xaelath said:

What do you mean "Rip"? Original ending was harmless, didn't change anything, they could follow manga plot with second season without a problem. Of course there won't be a sequel unless Netflix wants it and show didn't even have premiere internationally yet.
bastek66 said:
ziggy_Z said:

6/10

Xaelath said:

True but i dont felt like season 2 is possible with harash critiques and sales.
well its not like the manga ver is bad.
Nov 4, 2017 5:43 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid ending if you ask me of this series, really enjoyed watching this crazy yet enjoyable anime.

RafaelDeJonghNov 4, 2017 5:48 PM
Nov 4, 2017 10:23 PM

Mar 2014
bastek66 said:
ziggy_Z said:

6/10

Like at least Prison School levels of tits and ass.
Nov 5, 2017 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
It is an interesting show but there isn't much going on apart from gambling. I often had to pause the episodes to understand the rules of the game which made it somewhat tedious to watch.

Most characters aside from Yumeko, Kirari, Ryota and Kaede are cheaters. But I felt bad for Kaede even if his personality is condescending. It's kinda sad that other student council members were spared somehow despite their attitude but Kaede payed the ultimate for not cheating but being over-confident and ambitious. And Ryota doesn't seem to have much of a role as I wanted to see him gamble instead of being a spectator. Kirari truly deserves a harsh retribution for making the academy the way it is.
Nov 6, 2017 12:15 AM

Dec 2016
A decent ending that definitely seems to be open for a second season, but I'm probably just gonna go and read the manga lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 17, 2017 11:42 PM

Aug 2015
I hugely enjoyed this anime on an emotional level. It was a treat to watch.
Dec 12, 2017 9:44 PM

Jan 2012
Not too much to say about this one really. Just another Kaiji with tits and sexual overtones only probably not quite as good. Still haven't actually finished that by the way, it's been on my hold list for what must be over a year now. Maybe one day. I guess I don't really watch too many gambling anime either come to think of it. Those two are the only ones coming to mind for me at the moment. I guess maybe No Game, No Life counts but that's still in hold limbo with Kaiji. But uh yeah, it was kinda entertaining for the over the top facial expressions, situations, and tits, though some of the shock entertainment value definitely waned as it went on. Most of the games' rules went way over my head too so I just kinda watched everything unfold. Certain characters, the girl with the gun fetish in particular, were just obnoxious. Others, like the dude whose hair ended up turning white, I actually kinda liked and wanted to win against the MC. Maybe he'll end up married to that nails girl he lost his life to or something, I could certainly think of worse fates than that. And hey, at least he'll stand out more with that hair. :D Nothing too great or anything, but it was at least interesting enough to where I was able to watch it all in under 24 hours. Which considering my December quest to plow through as many anime I fell behind on for the last 6 or 7 months as I can hell I'll take it. Generous 6/10.
Dec 14, 2017 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
Didn't mind the ending, but if we don't get a season 2 this ending was extremely disappointing.
Dec 26, 2017 3:01 AM

Mar 2015
Nice end to a series I really enjoyed! Probably won't see more but who knows!

9/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 31, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2014
Huh? Anime original ending? I guess they don't want to make a sequel huh?
I will just read the manga from the start some time soon.
So I will rate this anime a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 13, 2018 6:07 PM

Oct 2015
I like this anime because this is my gamble(episode 12)
Feb 4, 2018 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
Yumeko was absolutely about to cum when Ryota decided to take a massive risk for her. She's insane...but unlike the beautification officer (who I'm convinced now is constantly masturbating to Yumeko...think about it, we couldn't see her hands at the student council meeting at the end!), she still has a good heart and is able to make friends/gambling buddies.

8/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 7, 2018 11:51 PM

Feb 2010
I watched the first 7 episodes in one day because I couldn't stop watching it. I had to force myself so I could sleep XD I honestly thought the sissy few episodes were fantastic. So addicting. The next few ones were good and the last was ok.
I was seriously expecting some unbelievable amazing game with the president since they were saying she was amazing. So if she was the best of the best I think the game should have been exciting. It just seemed very simple and fast which was kinda disappointing.
But overall I really liked it. I think the art is so beautiful and the canarvtrr designs are as well. I think yumeko is super gorgeous.Except when they make those hideous faces XD and the story is super fun to watch.
I ended with a 8/10
Honestly if it kept going like the few episodes I might have given it a 9 or 10.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Feb 12, 2018 6:41 AM

Nov 2016
I thought this ending was fine, looking forward to S2!

>Those who found religion.

lol, Yumeko is definitely my favorite religion!
Feb 18, 2018 12:47 PM
Feb 2015
lame ass draw

lucky mc

interesting subject
Feb 22, 2018 7:43 AM

Jun 2010
Bad, just bad. Nothing else to say. :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2018 5:07 PM
Jun 2016
Madness just madness. The artwork was good tho I loved it but wow these people are not even humans not even!.7/10 some romantic hints were there that's the only thing humane up at this point.the faces were both terrifying and funny in a way can't wait for season two I enjoyed it from start to the end.
Apr 24, 2018 3:30 PM

May 2017
Basically Prison School with gambling! Some of Yumeko's faces reminded me of Yuno Gasai(Future Diary) at her most psychotic.
Apr 29, 2018 7:22 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Welp welp welp. This series really took me for a loop. I think it was halfway through when I noticed how much this series is like Kill La Kill for obvious reasons but it's not as cartoony nor is it as serious with deep thematics. And that's totally fine. I actually revealed in this series being quite unique, not taking itself seriously, nor does it try to make it seem like it's about anything else but the few things it focuses on. It's pretty laser if you ask me. And that's what made it all the more entertaining.

I'd honestly have scored this much higher if it would've pushed the envelope farther in it's style. Some of the style and direction of scenes and moments were phenomenal. I don't even like the faces the manga was known for but the menacing voice changes and tone shifts really made it worth it.

The OP and ED were fucking phenomenal in addition.

I heard a lot of complaints from people about this series but I think the thing is people were taking it waaaaay too seriously. This show is a bit trashy, dramatic, and pure fun. It doesn't shoot for anything higher. The word edgy being used for this may be a tad accurate but more positive then good. Used for cool points but doesn't try to be edgy while insulting you nor acting like it's uniquely abstract to anything you've witnessed.

I am here for a series that knows what it wants to be. It has kinks and flaws. I haven't read the manga and some of the games were a little tedious but it was a great time. No shame in that 6/10.
May 7, 2018 6:19 PM
Aug 2017
Pipe said:
An average ending. After seeing more complex gambles, we end with an average gamble at the end. It was resolved in less than 10 minutes.

That happens when they try to do an original ending. Well, it is over now.

Sorry but what do you mean by "original ending "
May 8, 2018 7:20 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The adaptation ending is not the same as in the manga, it is original (not the writer's vision) and it does not follow the manga continuation.

May 14, 2018 1:51 AM

Sep 2013
So frigging cool. Most enjoyable anime I've watched in months.

10/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 3, 2018 4:39 AM

Dec 2012
Hell yeah, Suzui finally stepping up and being a man. The result was about as expected, but I think this gamble better served to show how - or perhaps more importantly why - Yumeko has kept Suzui by her side all of this time. You could say that he was Yumeko's wildcard. Her ultimate bet.

Well after the first episode, I didn't think this would be my thing. Boy, once it got going though...Kakegurui became absolutely intoxicating. I couldn't put it down and kept wanting more. It certainly played well into the art of gambling and the addictive quality that drives so many people to break themselves backwards over the thrill of it. Yeah, it may have been over the top (and that's putting it most mildly), but it captures how wretchedly captivating gambling can be and how it's possibly the most irrational act a person can engage in. Yumeko being the ultimate example of that.

7.5/10. Although maybe I'll just roll some dice and score based off that. Who knows anymore? One thing's for sure. I'm all in for the second season.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» We Really Got an American Live Action Before A Season 3

Jcmixer27 - May 31

35 by NoRudy »»
Jun 8, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

194 by dilwale_bhaiya »»
May 31, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

119 by dilwale_bhaiya »»
May 30, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

184 by dilwale_bhaiya »»
May 30, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

185 by dilwale_bhaiya »»
May 29, 10:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.