Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 18, 2018 10:00 PM

May 2015
The way Elias is getting treated right now is really sad to watch. Chise needs to forgive him completely, and truly help him understand his new found emotions. He acted purely out of care for her, this monster she portrays him to be is completely due to his new found emotions and her. If he hadn't formed a connection to her he would have never gone to such lengths in the first place. I understand what he did was terrible but all this talk of her being his emotional teacher and always being by his side shouldn't have been circumstantial, she should have realized what she committed to.
Mar 19, 2018 11:46 AM

Jan 2014
Glad Elias realizes he needs to change how he loves if he wants to be with Chise. That's some good character development. Hope the other baby dragon is saved.
Mar 19, 2018 11:55 AM

Jan 2014
Texas_Wolf said:
The way Elias is getting treated right now is really sad to watch. Chise needs to forgive him completely, and truly help him understand his new found emotions. He acted purely out of care for her, this monster she portrays him to be is completely due to his new found emotions and her. If he hadn't formed a connection to her he would have never gone to such lengths in the first place. I understand what he did was terrible but all this talk of her being his emotional teacher and always being by his side shouldn't have been circumstantial, she should have realized what she committed to.

You're victim-blaming... It's not her responsibility. This is like telling an abused spouse that it's her fault her husband hits her and that she needs to not make him so angry. Elias realized this episode that /he/ needs to change if he wants to be with her and that's fucking great character development. Chise is handling everything maturely. She calmly states she's still mad and that both him and Ruth need to make up for what the two did. She's teaching Elias about emotion in the best way possible. Immediately forgiving him for trying to murder a child simply because he was jealous of her would be messed up. Elias' relationship with Chise has not been a healthy one but she's grown as a person and no longer thinks her life is meaningless and something worth throwing away so she, too, has developed and changed. The two have taught each other a lot and this is just another hard lesson for him.
Mar 19, 2018 2:53 PM

Nov 2008
very interesting episode with the look into Joseph's past and meeting cartaphilius. was nice to see oberon and titania again, and was wondering how come titania shrunk or was it maybe a proxy of her.

Mar 19, 2018 7:58 PM

Nov 2012
Hrrrrrrrg come on animation quality. You have two episodes left - don't tank now. TT_TT
Mar 20, 2018 12:18 AM

May 2015
Oh come on. Leave the poor little gravedigger alone! What did he ever do to you?

And Joseph suddenly goes crazy...weird development, but I guess he just broke...

Damn...that sucks. Just ripping off body parts to put on himself...and it still hurts...

What a way to bring all of the supporting characters together.

Well I can predict how this will end. Looks like they're really saving up the budget for the final episodes.
Mar 20, 2018 1:09 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode!
Almost everyone of Chise's allies was dispatched and involved in chasing Cartaphilus!
Damn VA Ayumu Murase is really getting good! his crying act and other stuff like engrish!
5/5.

Mar 20, 2018 3:09 PM
Nov 2017
Its nice to see that Chise has so many people who care for her that they all come running to protect her when needed.

Chise seeing cartiphilus' past was interesting. His existence is basically pain and suffering. Quite the curse then.. Seems that Joseph was a bit twisted before they merged together too. Overall quite enjoyed this episode.
Mar 23, 2018 12:38 AM
Jul 2017
So i kust saw on Livechart that its about 3 hours untill its aoromg wich means o will be able to see it befpre midnight (friday for me) when i normaly will have to wait untill saturday for it, so does anybody knpw if it will be airing earlier or if its just livechart medsing up??
Mar 23, 2018 1:57 AM
Oct 2015
Joseph trying to be nice but due to his circumstance, he just can't get what he wants.
Anyway, next episode is the last episode so that's something to look forward to, especially that location where the ending takes place in looks rather eerie and interesting at the same time.
Heckle was here...
Mar 24, 2018 12:35 PM

Jul 2009
Some action here, I wonder where Joseph is going...
Mar 25, 2018 1:37 AM

Dec 2016
Cartaphilus, or I guess more Joseph, has lived one terrible fucking life
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 25, 2018 10:05 AM

Dec 2017
Firstly i thought that history of Joseph would be so bland but really... it was freaking deep and kinda scary. Good episode.
Mar 26, 2018 1:00 AM
Jul 2016
Wow, never thought i'd get the feels for Joseph of all people, that was really sad.

Cool that the second to last episode ends at the same place that is depicted in the ending song.

And now straight to the finale!
Mar 26, 2018 9:13 AM

Dec 2016
Why am I feeling sorry for Joseph now? :( He was being treated poorly by townspeople, but not wanting to become friends with him cause he's just a graveyard's son is just sad. If they wouldn't be jerks to him, Joseph would have lived a better life but Cartaphilus had to screw his life somehow :/ It was nice to learn what made him do all those crimes after his connection with Cartaphilus though.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 29, 2018 1:06 PM

Mar 2012
So Joseph was the one who got himself into this situation by willingly fusing with Cartaphilus.
Apr 7, 2018 1:40 AM

Mar 2017
MILF Titania became Loli Titania... guess that's the show's climax then
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
May 9, 2018 1:35 AM

Jul 2012
Fusing with Cartaphilus wasn’t the greatest idea lol

I wonder how he became cursed in the first place. Even they don’t remember 😵
May 13, 2018 2:22 PM

Oct 2012
Didn't like this episode much. Of all characters, Cartaphillus is probably the most pathetic one even with him backstory. His presence in this series is just annoying. The backstory wasn't completely bad but it still felt shallow for main antagonist of this show. Or the transition from manga to anime lost some key elements in the process. And the opening deus ex machina with Elias getting the help right in the moment when he needed was also bad. Not to mention that Titania changed looks without an explanation (although I suspect she walk through these cycles to give birth and be reborn).

Still don't know why she's risking so much for Cartaphillus, she owns nothing to him.

herrickluk said:
I felt they really screwed up with introducing Marielle. Her character has literally nothing to add to the plotline, and with only one episode left too..

If she was the only one, it would be okay. But this series is littered with literally tens of throwaway plot-devices that only serves the story as needed (usually once and then be forgotten).
Mich666May 13, 2018 2:26 PM
Aug 9, 2018 9:31 PM

May 2012
Great cliffhanger, really intense progression and what backstory! Really lovely and I do wonder how this anime will end with the next and last episode!
Oct 19, 2018 11:26 AM

May 2013
So Cartaphilus threw a rock at the Son of God and got cursed for it, then Joseph becomes one with him thinking he'll live forever, when in reality, there's neverending pain and neverending death that awaits them. Shit, that sucks D:

Wonder how Chise will save them both :3 if she does.

Also, did anyone else think that Marielle was going to get on a broomstick to chase Joseph? LMAO xD instead, she turned into a bull haha
Nov 30, 2018 12:48 AM

Mar 2014
That troll with the ED image for the final scene was pretty fun

A little confused/annoyed by the "I fused/became one with him so we could be together forevers" and the only explanation we'll ever get on how the hell that happened is that there's magic in the world

The witch being a were-bull caught me off guard lmao
Feb 8, 2019 6:58 PM

Feb 2012
Biblical references
Millennium bridge!
Oh, Chise and Cartaphilus are at the place that's in the ending!

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 13, 2019 10:26 PM
Oct 2017
KuroYume-96 said:
poor Joseph...he only tried to help

still don't like Elias - Chise deserves someone who doesn't try to kill of her friends out of jealousy and use her as an excuse -_-
saving Chise is so not enough to make up for that

curious about the final episode

I don't like Elias. But the same could be said about Chise. The entire cast deserves a heroine that doesn't put her life in danger every 5 minutes even though it hurts the people that love her. Honestly both Ellias and Chise them are selfish assholes in their own way. But of course is easier to emphasize with a cute girl than a monster.

And Elias did wanted to save Chise but in his twisted, sociopathic logic if he was going kill someone to save her, he might as well kill someone that he doesn't like. Fucked up? sure but like I said, he IS a monster.
Oct 6, 2019 12:53 AM

Mar 2015
Wow and we finally look into Joseph and Cartaphilus' past!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 14, 2019 6:44 AM

Sep 2018
The fact that the narrative also reveals the past that surrounds the figure of Cartaphilus gives us the opportunity to understand the reason for its way of acting. However, even the part of narration that does not directly concern Chise and Cartaphilus, is interesting, because it is another piece in the growth of the relationship between Elias and Chise.
Dec 23, 2019 2:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
His past was sure really creepy, can't wait to see the end
Mar 12, 2020 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
So we finally get the Joseph backstory, that fusion seemed a bit weird and out of nowhere. Also we finally now where that place from the ending is from.
Apr 24, 2020 3:56 AM

Jun 2013
Titania's beautiful titties! D: They deflated!

It was also nice to see Joseph's background.
BibimbapskiApr 24, 2020 4:10 AM
臭い-
Jun 21, 2020 12:52 PM

Mar 2010
Pretty dark past there. The ability to never die but be in pain.. but in his current state he looks healthy, I guess from replacing many body parts and perhaps his face as well. What a fucked up way to live.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 24, 2020 7:33 AM

Jan 2015
uhh, that was anticlimatic. we get it, joseph's childhood was an unhappy one, then he just stumbles across an immortal being, figures it out (?), instantly goes cuckoo and merges with him (??). that was rushed and sadly, i didn't feel neither for joseph nor cartaphilus at all.
Nov 15, 2020 6:51 AM

May 2016
I'm hyped to see how this will end.
Dec 21, 2020 3:22 PM

Jul 2017
Misery everywhere, the show tells about how Chise suffered in more detail in the previous episode and this episode its all about Cartaphilius/Joseph. Pretty fucked backstory again for completely different reasons, being punished with immortality and essentially, eternal suffering in the process. Just when shit was about to go down, Elias jumps in at the right time to help Chise with the assistance of Titania and Oberon. Chise and Elias/Ruth are still on rocky terms given what the two of them tried to do, but she's willing to give them another chance by them helping her out along with keeping a promise along the way too. Only one more episode left, sad to see the rewatch nearly be done but it's truly been quite the special ride. Even ordered 6 volumes of the manga after rewatching a good amount of it, to re-read it physically this time around.
Jun 16, 2021 4:44 PM

Jan 2021
Joseph just wanted to help Cartaphilus and be useful and end his misery he was looking forward to living a better life but it didn’t work out he was just not in the right state of mind and that led to his bad decisions but in reality what Joseph really needed was a friend
Oct 24, 2021 6:18 PM

Jan 2021
Here's to hoping that the situation will end up in a win-win situation. It'll be quite disheartening to see Chise end up with some form of permanent damage apart from that grey eye.
Dec 11, 2021 9:11 AM
Nov 2020
I really appreciated how the beginning shot of the ending sequence turned out to be the location for the finale. It was a very nice touch. Plus I absolutely love the second ending sequence and song.
Oct 28, 2022 12:14 PM

May 2020
Threw a rock and got cursed.. we all are somewhat familiar with this premise I guess. Still that was one sad past Joseph had, or more like most of the characters in this series had. Now final confrontation.

Btw watching Titania with a cardboard chest had me shell shocked until she herself revealed that form is a branch or avatar of her. Goodness.
Feb 12, 2023 12:28 AM

Jan 2021
Wow. This episode was really dark and tense. Seeing Cartaphilus' past... or rather Joseph's, made me almost sympathize with him.

And, to be honest, the real Cartaphilus has an appearance that scares me quite a bit (his body was covered with bandages except for his eyes and even his eyes had a piercing gaze...).

Apr 13, 2023 7:16 AM

Nov 2022
Interesting to see how Joseph came to be who he is now, he was depending on Cartaphilus getting better to escape but ended up becoming one with his immortality instead
Apr 25, 2023 4:21 AM
Dec 2022
The penultimate episode! Chise and Jospeh enters his origins and learns his curse.
Jun 28, 2023 2:05 AM
Jul 2022
Seeing Elias turn into what everyone thinks of him is sad. He's just trying to find Chise, he loves her and he's worried. He feels abandoned. Really good episode, I'm happy with how this season is turning out.
Jul 19, 2023 12:28 PM

Jul 2008
If that was an attempt to make me feel sympathy for Carty....mission failed. Get him Chise.
Aug 13, 2023 12:47 PM

Aug 2019
loli titania. also nice transition to the ed :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2023 9:43 AM

Apr 2021
The gravedigger boy's past was so sad and humiliating...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

267 by animeciyusuf020 »»
Jun 23, 3:08 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

108 by Shocked »»
Jun 16, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2018

111 by Shocked »»
Jun 16, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2018

93 by Shocked »»
Jun 16, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.