Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jun 20, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2015
Jonesy974 said:

It was a little ridiculous how they made that almost the entire focus of Maimai's character in the first half of the show, then completely just disregarded it from there till the end; basically pretending it never even happened. I think they even mentioned her giant Mitsumune just once in the second half as well.

Looks like Okada really did managing the script of the first half after all then the second half was done by completely different people and turned it into a mess (it already mess in the beginning anyway) because I'm sure she at least would have done some closure with them in end even if the pair didn't happen. The fact that Maimai didn't even have a chance to properly interact with Mitsumune anymore after episode 4 was kind of proving this.
Jun 20, 2016 10:21 PM

Jun 2013
I thought I was being cruel by giving this a 5/10 but this last episode just made me roll me eyes and I gave it a 2/10. I'm still not convinced that Hayato is not gay.

So much wasted potential, there were good characters like Lion who could've been more.
臭い-
Jun 21, 2016 2:41 AM

May 2014
Somehow I feel bad for rating it 4/10.
Yeah,I had expectations for a serious mystery and it turned out to be retarded. But I actually enjoyed it and all the memes.
Jun 21, 2016 4:35 AM

Mar 2015
Not too bad ending that fit the story and the themes it tried to portray- accepting your scars because they are a part of you that you can't leave. The message was clear enough.

Even though some characters were left undeveloped, the CGI Nanaki was terrible, and there was occasional unintentional comedic dialogue- 6 or 7 / 10
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jun 21, 2016 8:54 AM

Oct 2015
ok there are just two things I don't understand:
-why Mitsumune couldn't return to Masaki village
-why so many people stay in that f***ed up town full of monsters.
Jun 21, 2016 9:29 AM

Dec 2015
Not entirely disappointed by the ending but I wish they didn't cram it into 12 episodes!!! could've become better if the characters were lesser than they actually were. Animation had its flaws and not any special. 7/10. I enjoyed it despite the strangeness that's all that matters.
Jun 21, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2012
Well, it's finally over. I think it was a waste of time, however. The only good think was the laughs I gave while reading reviews and watching the thing itself. 4/10.
Jun 21, 2016 5:36 PM

Jul 2012
zeron824 said:
The characters are okay for me as well. I thought we were gonna get more information on every single one, but we barely covered half of them. I see no problem in this. The anime itself is focused on about 6 characters only and that made this anime stronger. The other characters were basically just there to give the whole "tour" feeling a "genuine" feeling. That was their point and it got across. The characters that did get spotlight, they are one of the most annoying characters you can get. Honestly, I personally hated Mitsumune and loved Speedstar. Eventually they all became a little likable at the end. Koharun is still my favorite <3
I'm just glad there are people that actually see that Mayoiga isn't absolute crap. Sure, the number of characters could be cut down just a tiny bit (but you still needed a hefty amount to be able to pull off mob mentality and the whole tour thing) and the ending was rushed but that doesn't mean the anime wasn't good otherwise. The only character that irritated me to no end was Execute-chan...
Jun 21, 2016 6:12 PM
Aug 2014
Im glad so many people see it like me, this had great potential and then ended in a comeplete trainwreck.
Complete waste of time.
Jun 21, 2016 7:12 PM

Oct 2013
Hayato went from not trusting & even wanting to kill Mitsumune cuz he wouldn't be his toy that he'd protect & everything cuz he couldn't do anything alone to just stating that Mitsumune was actually helping him already just a few moments later - way to go Mayoiga.

Although, t'was definitely more about the journey than the destination. Tbh, I was kinda hoping every1 would've stayed in the village but I guess to each his own. It kinda made sense who decided to stay behind & who didn't too. Notice that the ones who left were still kids, teens or ones who were pretty well off(Mikage - not mentally though :P), while the ones who remained behind were the adults who'd probably have a tough time getting back to their previous lives to the point where it'd be better to just start over - for the most part anyway.

Also, I like how Mikage & Lovepon seem to be sticking together even on their return trip. I guess they're made for each other ;)

Gonna miss my trainwreck fridays...
Jun 21, 2016 11:05 PM

Dec 2012
Good ending. I don't know how to rate Mayoiga because I liked it, but the most of the story was not explained before the episode 10. Maybe that's why I liked it.

It was a good anime, the mysterious story was interesting and the nanaki monsters were well made. There was also a large variety of characters, it's reminded me Danganronpa
SakaitsuJun 21, 2016 11:18 PM
Jun 21, 2016 11:14 PM

Oct 2010
Well... this was hilariously bad. Would've been a 2/10 but since it actually made me laugh at how bad it was, 3/10.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Jun 22, 2016 6:49 AM

Feb 2016
The ending is as lame as the song they've sung at the beginning and the ending.

The poor hippopotamasu.
Jun 22, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2014
Protaku said:
The feels when you're an anime called Mayoiga and you're ranked even lower than School Days.
#FeelsBadMan
School Days is a masterpiece though.

Jun 22, 2016 2:56 PM

Sep 2012
What a crap ending.

Art was the only plus, the character designs were nice. Too bad the characters were complete idiots.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jun 22, 2016 3:40 PM

Aug 2013
Finally this came to an end, 3/10 for the show, unintended comedy of the season without a doubt.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Jun 22, 2016 6:33 PM

Apr 2014
ExTemplar said:
Protaku said:
The feels when you're an anime called Mayoiga and you're ranked even lower than School Days.
#FeelsBadMan
School Days is a masterpiece though.

Shhhhhhh you can't let the masses know the secret ~
The truth goes over their heads like
Jun 22, 2016 11:10 PM

Aug 2010
I can't believe people are complaining about the lack of character development. Didn't you all see how kawaii Lovepon's execution lines became???
“A grown man does not apologize. It lowers the value of his soul.”
-Araragi Koyomi
Jun 23, 2016 4:06 AM

Apr 2012
Masaki didn't do anything: KILL HER BECAUSE SHE IS A GHOST!!!!
Koharun tricked them and then wanted to kill them: Naaaaah, that's okay. No problem.
I mean.... WHAT THE-?!!!
This anime was a disaster. Boring and illogical story, annoying charactres. I can't even say anything new, I already said it all during this 12 terrible episodes. I'm glad it's over, worst anime I've ever seen.
Jun 23, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2011
I'm glad I'm done with this train wreck it has so much potential but it failed so miserably and it wasn't even scared like I was hoping it would be worst anime of the Season that I watched in the other part is that nobody dies except a couple people
5/10
Jun 23, 2016 9:30 AM

Jul 2015
This anime made history with being a meme itself. 10/10
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 23, 2016 12:13 PM

Jun 2015
It was a dumb show, but in the end I have to confess that I actually somewhat liked it. Going down the old gory horror route would've been insanely boring, and this felt more mature and calm, although pretty corny.
uh oh!
Jun 23, 2016 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
I wish I could've seen more backstories to be honest.
Jun 25, 2016 1:13 AM

May 2016
I just finish the last episode... :o And I don't have the strangely lonely sad feeling I get whenever I finish an anime. It left me pretty well. One of the better break ups, I do believe then again, I also a little impatient for this to end.
It was visually appealing to me. I might watch it again one day just to see if it is indeed one of those anime that needs to be watched again to understand it better but, I'm not too sure.
Who wants to sing some "The Unlucky Hippopotamus song" ??
Jun 25, 2016 2:40 AM

Mar 2015
What a silly finale. But maybe that suits this anime best?

This anime started out promising and had some nice Lost-y vibes and reminded me of that Mousou Dairinin episode where those 3 random people met up to go commit suicide together, but in the end none of the gazillion characters in this series died and none of them were particularly interesting or developed either.

Character development? Who needs character development?! Just get one character, give her the cliche nyan nyan speech, show her back story (which had a smidge of promise) then have an oversized hornet chase them for a bit then condemn them to the wooden floor of a house that nobody cares about for a bit! Or how about add yet another cliche loli tsundere to the anime world, have her be tsudere for a bit and then forget about her. Perhaps a cliche yandere would have been asking too much but I guess this team didn't think so.

It was literally spread too thin like not having enough butter for your morning slice of toast so you don't really enjoy it but feel bad enough to finish it off after all it went through.

This last episode was like the development team got together and brainstormed the best way to finish this show but after hours of thinking about the mundane and random, they give up and say "it's fine, our viewers are already confused let's just end it like that" and that's all it was. Like "oh okay it's the last episode and nobody really cares about all our Nanakis so let's all go home guys" but then the others were like "no I don't even know what my Nanaki looks like cause I was given about 15 seconds of screen time and then made to lie on the floor apathetically for the rest of the series so I'll stick around a bit".

5/10 for the decent art and promising start and pretty much nothing else.
nickehhhhhhJun 25, 2016 2:43 AM
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 25, 2016 3:39 AM

Feb 2014
Well this series was a whole clusterf*** of 'What the heck'.

Was hoping for something like 'Another' but alas, it didnt deliver.

3/10
Jun 25, 2016 5:53 AM

Jun 2015
Disappointing ending, disappointing series. The only plus about this anime is the drawing style, That's it.
Jun 25, 2016 6:15 AM

Jun 2015
As bad as this anime was, the ending was actually okay.
Jun 25, 2016 7:51 AM

Aug 2014
Heh I expected waaaaaaay too much for this anime.
Promising earlier episode, then it turned to full drama and unintentional (?) comedy, oh and lots of cliffhanger (Damn it got me every single episode, then the outcome next episode turned out really disappointing. Actually, nothing happens, just more talking and boring stuff, no mystery revealed, just.. Nothing.)
And the ending, it didn't feel conclusive at all. It was like director don't even care anymore. What were they smoking when writing this, I have no idea.

Also, JACK: the character turned out to be really disappointing. Wasted potential. He could do more, but NOPE.
On to the characters, 90% of them was a joke, None of them can be taken seriously! Some worthless characters (Manbe, Piitan, Dozaemon, some other mobs I don't even bother remembering) should be killed off, seriously. This series can still progress, even without their existence. They didn't play a single important role in this series, then why need to have over 25 characters in this? They're not even useful!
There's still a gem out of this series tho, Nanko best girl. Too bad she's barely have any screentime.

Despite all of their stupidity and mystery tryhard shenanigans, I still watch this out of curiosity. But now that I look back... what the hell am I even doing... *sigh*
Welp, I'm out of this train. Mentally injured. Thanks Mayoiga train for the trainwreck..
Jun 25, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2015
Bad ending to a show that started out nicely. Shame really. Last two episodes were terribly boring. I had some high hopes for Mayoiga, but that ending... 2/10

Overall 6/10 just cause the first few episodes were good.
Jun 25, 2016 12:10 PM

Dec 2013
this show is as stupid as that hippopotamus song. 2/10 good riddance
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 25, 2016 6:23 PM
Jun 2016
Not so good...
I think this anime didn't need so many characters.
Jun 26, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
Decent show for the most part. Towards the last episode, there were a lot of different things going on, and i was wondering how it would all fit together, but the show did an alright job of connecting them all for me. That said, the ending was pretty disappointing, I don't know what i was expecting, but it just seemed to end too happy. I mean, everybody, even psycho Lovepon, that wants to leave is able to embrace their Nanaki no problem? Whatever. And let's just forget about trying to actually murder an innocent girl, let's just put that all behind us and sing songs.
Jun 26, 2016 4:45 PM

Mar 2009
Not a single person died lmao.
I guess all those promo pics with the bus and the characters dwindling down were deceptive.

Bad anime. Bad ending. It's funny seeing people defend this anime(the reviews on ANN) as an absurdist masterpiece. "It's intentional comedy! It's a parody! Why don't you realize this?!" Based on an interview with Mari Okada(the thread is in this very subforum), it sounded she had too much to deal with. You can like Mayoiga for what it was. That's perfectly fine. But don't tell others it's a parody. lol

Nanko best girl.
Jun 27, 2016 9:49 AM

Oct 2015
Mmmm considering in general the anime was pretty wild I thought the ending would be more fun to watch, with like wow moments n stuff but sadly, as other people have said it was underwhelming D:. i thought at least it'd be rushed but it was actually sort of slow. a quiet ending.
..and boy did i have it backwards with a lot of these characters, especially hayato. i thought he's one of the only normal ones but he's actually a bit batshit. whoops.
Jun 27, 2016 9:28 PM

Dec 2015
I liked the premise but I felt it was executed horribly. 12 episodes was too short for this. The large cast of characters didn't help either. Could have axed at least 7 of them from the group. I honestly didn't know what I was supposed to be watching. I assumed this was supposed to feel like a mystery and be suspenseful. Definitely felt that way but all of a sudden it disappeared instantly. Episode 6 and on was just one big WTF for me.
Jun 28, 2016 2:17 AM

Jul 2011
Unlike the majority, I actually enjoyed the anime. Too bad we couldn't learn much about the other minor characters though.
Jun 28, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2015
Dafuq just happened? This episode felt really cringy...

4/10
Jun 28, 2016 1:01 PM
Oct 2010
It was fun for me... or should I say funny?

It was not supposed to be comedy (or was it? I can't tell), but I still enjoyed it as one.
AjunkyJun 28, 2016 1:04 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 29, 2016 9:55 AM

Dec 2009
What a lol ending omg. This show stayed derp all the way to the end XD

They could have done a better job of the emotional departures like Angel Beats! if they didn't keep screwing around with the messed up horror monster concept.
GenesisAriaJun 29, 2016 9:58 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jun 29, 2016 8:33 PM

Sep 2011
You know what? I admit I had some fun. But thank the animu Lords this shit's over. I still think this could have been good but... Well, not like it matters at this point.
Jun 30, 2016 4:47 AM

Jan 2008
I knew this anime was too short to do any good. It may have been pulled off if they had a lesser number of characters or more episodes to work with. The only thing this anime got right was the OST, in my opinion.
Jun 30, 2016 6:53 PM

Apr 2015
i had a great time watching mayoiga because since episode 1 it was so clear to me that this was not a serious show about mystery. The end was cool because it was not 100% predictable, some of them decided to came back and some people decided to stay in nanaki village. I wonder if koharun would be able to find more about this village.
6/10
Jul 1, 2016 6:22 AM
Dec 2012
Well this anime went downhill after the first few episodes so the ending is fine for me. It's been one hell of a ride guys!
Jul 1, 2016 8:02 AM

May 2013
(7/10)

the ending is so so .3.
the story is pretty good but all of the characters are annoying .3.
made by bunnyama
Jul 1, 2016 11:34 AM
Jul 2008
I mostly don't understand about Reiji.

From what I understand Nanaki is trauma so why

1. He does not show himself until later
2. He suddenly decides to appear to Masaki
3. He decided to help those people

And I don't understand what's the difference between to accept and to cast away Nanaki.

The doctor said he cast away his Nanaki, but I don't see the difference between him and other characters.
Then what happens to Masaki? She left Reiji at that village right? Why she did not get older? She did not 'accept' Reiji yet right?
Jul 1, 2016 10:30 PM

Jun 2009
Ajunky said:
It was fun for me... or should I say funny?

agree
some scenes actually made me laugh.

but I only give this 4/10 tho'.
Jul 2, 2016 4:09 AM

Jun 2011
Man, what a waste of time this is, the writing is so amateurish, how did this get a pass, I don't even know. The pacing was terrible, it's probably not a very good idea to create 30+ characters in a 1 cour series. The characters are all really generic, it's like people nowadays don't even try to write good character anymore, just slap some random sad backstory to the said character and call it a day.

Mayoiga was 70% shouting/screaming, 20% incoherence, 9% sex, and 1% of nothing. Will not miss this show at all.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 2, 2016 4:05 PM

Feb 2013
I liked it. It stayed weird from beginning to end lol

7/10
Jul 3, 2016 5:51 AM

Apr 2014
sun123 said:
i had a great time watching mayoiga because since episode 1 it was so clear to me that this was not a serious show about mystery. The end was cool because it was not 100% predictable, some of them decided to came back and some people decided to stay in nanaki village. I wonder if koharun would be able to find more about this village.
6/10

Yeah I too liked the fact that after what the people have been through some of them still decided to stay behind.
---------My Profile------------
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 13, 2016

270 by phantom346 »»
Aug 29, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

304 by phantom346 »»
Aug 23, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2016

351 by phantom346 »»
Aug 14, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

395 by phantom346 »»
Aug 7, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

292 by phantom346 »»
Aug 7, 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.