Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 13, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think this episode had more flashbacks than most episodes so far about Mitsumune. Can't be surprised considering that he is a main protagonist. I find his personality rather reserved although he does seem to have a nice mother.

Kinda weird seeing Mikage again....
Lion is still the most aware about the recent events.
May 13, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
People had been speculating about this for quite a while but apparently the twin theory was true. Mitsumune had a twin brother called Tokimune who died and now he's pretending to be him.

Now it makes sense why he told Masaki Mitsumune was his real name or why Speedstar didn't know.

Stark700 said:
I find his personality rather reserved although he does seem to have a nice mother.

Wasn't his crazy mom the one who started calling him Tokimune?
May 13, 2016 8:38 AM

Sep 2013
Twins confirmed??????
baobinMay 13, 2016 8:50 AM
MeouMikey
May 13, 2016 9:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Z4k said:
People had been speculating about this for quite a while but apparently the twin theory was true. Mitsumune had a twin brother called Tokimune who died and now he's pretending to be him.

Now it makes sense why he told Masaki Mitsumune was his real name or why Speedstar didn't know.

Stark700 said:
I find his personality rather reserved although he does seem to have a nice mother.

Wasn't his crazy mom the one who started calling him Tokimune?
I almost can't believe that it's actually true....This flashback was interesting
May 13, 2016 10:04 AM

Aug 2010
This was probably the most serious ep so far. I didn't laugh at the stupidity as much. I actually felt bad for Masaki. Inb4 she's really a bitch but I'll believe her for now because she was cute :P

Mitsumune actually Falcon Punching Speedstar was nice to see.

Speaking of him, his past was kinda F'd up there. His parents just changing his identity. Damn.

And I really have no idea why would anyone treat Maimai like that? She's such a cute <3

Also *Lovepon has learned a new skill* [Puke] XD
May 13, 2016 3:38 PM

Dec 2014
Wow. Hayato was actually a prick...well he was never normal I guess.

Poor Masaki though, I think the people themselves are more dangerous than any other supernatural phenomena.
May 13, 2016 5:44 PM

Jun 2009
Z4k said:

Well, it was pretty obvious from the dream in episode 1 that there was/is a sibling, and once the name Tokimune was spoken in episode 5 it was obvious that it was a brother that caused Mitsumune's trauma (there is a Japanese custom to give siblings a shared kanji).
But it's not like he's pretending to be Tokimune. His dad simply decided to change his name between kindergarten and elementary school because his wife couldn't bear the trauma of losing one of her children...which he could because he was on the BoE.

It kind of worked and was at least a little bit better executed than the flashbacks in episode 6, I'm willing to look past all the problems something like this would create in real life.

The rest of the episode though I'm not sure. While there was a lot of chaos going on, I was kind of bored because we went through most of this in-fighting and plotting last episode already. It was nice to have them actually address the elephant-sized monsters in the room, but their theory of Masaki being a monster-controlling wraith still feels forced to me. Why don't they also suspect Lion, who says she's capable of seeing dead people? Or Koharun, the one who actually lead them here. Or Dahara, who started the whole tour?

I might have preferred them to talk a little bit more elaborately about why they are suspecting Masaki, the song and Nanakimura and THEN going on their witch hunt. Instead we got more "funny banter" and a drawn out sequence of preparation and witch-torture.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
May 13, 2016 6:59 PM

Feb 2015
God this episode felt like a mess, pace was all over the place.

Hayato turns out to be a possessive prick, shocker.
May 13, 2016 7:06 PM

Mar 2014
HALT!

I'd like to takea moment to recognize the incredible miracle that is Love Pon going a full 24 minutes without yelling shokei, but she was about to commit one . . .

Mitsumune's past, was really sad.was not expecting that at all.

That execution scene . ..Lord Of the Flies anyone?

Nanko isstill pretty cool,but Lion isstill the edgelrod. I like the friendship they formed.

Hayato confirms he believes Mitsumune is incapable of thinking for himself! Best guy here!

That was a decent episode.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 13, 2016 7:12 PM

Jun 2015
Hayato is a douche.He says Mitsumune cant think for himself and that he should do everything he says but he didnt think at all when he slashed Masaki. Mitsumune had a sad backstory and its understandable why he left his old life behind, although his mother is probably mentally insane now. Shit got pretty intense this episode and then left off on a terrible cliffhanger. I found it funny that they were doing random rituals but there is 30 characters so they all have their ways. And i loved the scene where Lovepon said a piece of shit made her memorize the ritual which made her want to throw up, then she did, right on Dahara. Poor Dahara, he just cant catch a break. Honestly The Lost Village is some of the most fun Ive had watching anime
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
May 13, 2016 7:13 PM

Jun 2015
I love me some yanderes. Oh yeah. Speedstar best girl, bitches.
May 13, 2016 7:22 PM

Jan 2012
Damn that cliffhanger! XD Ironic how a bunch of outcasts would be so quick to cast out poor Masaki, modern day witch trial style! XD Not particularly surprising considering how insane many of them are though. Add Mitsumune's jackass friend to that list. He got a pretty damn messed up backstory this week too, rather pitiable. Amazed his identity crisis didn't screw him up worse. So what will Masaki confess?
May 13, 2016 7:23 PM

Nov 2015
Ooh main char backstory...
So the theory is true, as many predicted. He did have a brother and that too a daredevil one.
That is one overpossessive mother, forgetting about her other son. Kinda feel sad about Mitsumune.
Lol the comedy kicks in whenever the group tries to debate over something and this time twice.
Really looking forward to the mystery of Nanaki village, atleast it gotta hold some weight for this anime.
May 13, 2016 7:24 PM

Apr 2015
Decent episode. Diverging from the usual exploration, Mitsumune's past is shown. The whole witch hunt seems mildly entertaining so far, but it'll be interesting to see how things will go now that the focus is solely on him and Masaki.
May 13, 2016 7:25 PM

Feb 2015
From Mitsumune's backstory, this show works quite well as a commentary on Japan's stigma of mental disorders.
May 13, 2016 7:45 PM

Jun 2009
devinder said:
From Mitsumune's backstory, this show works quite well as a commentary on Japan's stigma of mental disorders.

What stigma of mental disorders? (o.O'')
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
May 13, 2016 7:46 PM

Jun 2014
It was interesting to see Mitsumune's backstory, and it sucks that he had to assume the identity of his twin brother after his death. Damn it I really wanted to know what Masaki was going to say at the end, but not surprisingly it ended with a cliffhanger.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 13, 2016 7:49 PM

Dec 2012
That cliffhanger was dirty...
May 13, 2016 7:50 PM

Jun 2014
Only a few of the important characters haven't had their backstories told yet, guessing they might start to be more shortened from now on, which is for the better.

Mitsumune's backstory reminds of something else in an anime, but I can't remember which one, with the parent still calling them their siblings name.
May 13, 2016 7:52 PM

Mar 2013
Now that was a cliffhanger. Still, every episode leaves me thinking about all the problems this anime has, especially with pacing imo, and yet I find myself pretty invested in it.
Hayato makes an interesting villain-ish character I think. It was pretty evident early on that he wants to control and manipulate Mitsumune, and I like that they explore this side of his personality more. I hope he goes full antagonist eventually.

Mitsumune's backstory, especially the part about his traumatized mother, was probably the one I've liked most besides Nyantas so far. It's a realistic scenario and somewhat dramatic, though I wish they'd shown us more about his feelings when he lost his brother.
[left] [/left]
[/url]
May 13, 2016 7:54 PM

Dec 2009
This was a really fantastic episode in my honest opinion. Mitsumune's past was pretty fucked up being forced to pretend to be his brother for all those years. No wonder he's pretty much a blank slate that had Hayato doing everything for him, and now that he's come to this village he's finally able to be who he truly is, which is fucking with Hayato. That cliff hanger was painful D;
May 13, 2016 7:56 PM

Jan 2014
Ah, man. Mitsumune's backstory explains why he seemed so cardboard at first. He literally was faking his identity his whole life and this is the first time he's able to try to figure out who he actually is.

I love Speedstar but he needs to chill. I want to know his backstory so much and watch him get some much needed character development. He needs to change the way he thinks about Mitsumune because it's stopping him from growing as a person...

A ND THAT CLIFFHANGER WHAT THE F UCK
May 13, 2016 8:05 PM

Sep 2013
Mitsumune is still a retarded character.
I'm starting to really like Masaki's story as she is the only one that gives me any intrigue to the actual show itself.
Speedstar is uber yandere.
Lovepon is fucking awesome.

If Lion can see dead people or people who are about to die, why didn't she say anything? Or why no one even bothered to ask her other than Man-Girl? I mean, if they truly believe in the supernatural and ghosts, then Lion having that ability isn't crazy but actually really useful.

But nah, the village idiots are just that, idiots.

May 13, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I think this episode had more flashbacks than most episodes so far about Mitsumune. Can't be surprised considering that he is a main protagonist. I find his personality rather reserved although he does seem to have a nice mother.

If you actually watched the video subbed for once, you would know that his mother wasn't very nice and completely erased his existence with his brother's so she could cope, making him realize that she never cared about him at all and it was always his brother that was favored. What's the point of watching anime if you don't even know what's going on half the time? Is it really worth being the first person to post for e v e r y s i n g l e a n i m e if you don't ever actually enjoy the experience?
May 13, 2016 8:10 PM

Nov 2012
That was hilarious....
So the most "reasonable" conclusion is that Masaki is a ghost, and apparently stabbing a ghost with a knife will kill it.
Anyway, best part was Mitsumune punching his jealous gayboyfriend....
jose21May 13, 2016 8:13 PM
May 13, 2016 8:17 PM

Jan 2014
I guess now we know what Hayato's "oddity" is. What a crazy kid, I hope he gets scared shitless next. :D
May 13, 2016 8:22 PM

Mar 2012
It was nice getting to see Mitsumune's backstory, even though it was pretty horrible. I had a feeling he had a brother when he kept on going on about "Tokimune" in the past few episodes and when Hayato asked him why he's saying Mitsumune is his real name. I have a feeling that in high school Hayato was pretty much the boss of Mitsumune (without knowing his pasty), and now Hayato's pretty miffed that Mitsumune is finally doing things on his "own terms", so to speak. We might be getting Hayato's backstory soon because there's definitely an interesting dynamic between him and Mitsumune. Maybe Hayato had no control in his personal/home life so he wanted to have control of at least one thing, Mitsumune.

Anyways, this was a really neat episode and I'm looking forward to next week. Something tells me that more people are going to reveal, or at least try to reveal their past in the next few episodes.

Masaki though.... I'm not convinced she's a ghost yet. I guess we'll see what's going to happen next week. I think she probably has ties to the village, but I don't think she's really dead.
May 13, 2016 8:24 PM

Feb 2014
kurapikasass said:
Stark700 said:

If you actually watched the video subbed for once, you would know that his mother wasn't very nice and completely erased his existence with his brother's so she could cope, making him realize that she never cared about him at all and it was always his brother that was favored. What's the point of watching anime if you don't even know what's going on half the time? Is it really worth being the first person to post for e v e r y s i n g l e a n i m e if you don't ever actually enjoy the experience?

-slow claps-
Savage.

This episode brought up the score to a 7. I started with an 8 and it fell to a 5 for the past two episodes but this one was the best imo.

Who would have guessed the giant penguin with a human eye would make sense. The penguin is like a reminder of when Mitsumune was actually Mitsumune and his mother acknowledged that by giving him a gift he wanted, in contrast to his tomboy brother with action figures. The eye on the penguin is his mother's and it seems to always be looking away as if not wanting to see Mitsumune himself but rather what she wants to see.

Cliffhanger gave me heart palpitations
Thnx4dafoodMay 13, 2016 8:30 PM
May 13, 2016 8:28 PM

Mar 2014
hayatos hot...his personalitys unfortunate though LOL. the lack of maimai this ep was disturbing honestly aside from her randomly blurting out her secret. nanko and lion are the real mvps though they make a cute team. why arent more people dead?
May 13, 2016 8:31 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty good episode imo. It did have some problems with the pacing, but overall a much better episode than the previous ones.
May 13, 2016 8:41 PM

Jan 2016
I love how everyone's insane enough to just believe whatever farfetched idea they come up with, like believing someone is a ghost, or that the worst thing you can say is that you don't believe in ghosts

all that stuff in the middle with the preparing to fight the ghost was hilarious. making the cross, getting stakes, writing mantras on their bodies, lmao

so speedstar is straight up in love with mitsumune, right?

nanko is so best girl it's ridiculous

go get professional help for mom, dad, you retard
FragOutFireMay 13, 2016 9:32 PM
May 13, 2016 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
Hilarious episode, some of the cuts were weird though (wtf was up with Valkana in the last scene). I wonder if things will go back to normal or get even more insane after Masaki spills the beans.
May 13, 2016 8:50 PM

Jan 2016
Isaidlunch said:
wtf was up with Valkana in the last scene

Valkana: Do not stab that girl! Let's be rational! Oh no, this kid just punched his friend... Better hold him down, make sure he doesn't hurt anyone anymore, while his friend prepares to OJ Simpson this poor girl

that's some amazing bipolarism, valkana
May 13, 2016 8:51 PM

Jul 2009
Oh.my.god. I'm so pissed. I think one of my greatest petpeeves are illogical shit like this (unless its done in pure comedy but no this show takes itself seriously.)

What the actual fuck are they all doing? They should all just go to jail. Fucking psychopaths. There is not one ounce of proof that Masaki is a ghost/the mastermind or anything and yet they all jump of this stupid bandwagon and declare things like taking out and "neutralizing" her? SPEEDSTAR IS A DUMBFUCK. The kid has issues. He needs to be locked up, not Jack. And all these people standing around letting it happend?

Isn't this supposed to be a group of people who have been wronged and such yet they're doing the very kind of shit they hated others for?

Masaki who hasn't been caught in the act of doing anything wrong is being treated like a criminal yet that crazy group that went against the group and kidnapped Mitsumune, knocked him out and DESERTED HIM when they thought the place was on fire are perfectly fine? No repercussions at all? Fuck this shit.

Also near the end there they were completely dumb. If they were so sure she was a ghost, sure enough that they'd degrade her in such a manner they really shouldn't have cared if Lovepon or Speedstar wanted to stab her. But the very fact some of them were telling them not to PROVES they don't believe the fuckery that was going on and were just being assholes.

And why are so many of them still alive? I guess this really isn't following the dwindling party trope, bummer considering its such a large cast and so many of them need to die.

FragOutFire said:
Isaidlunch said:

Valkana: Do not stab that girl! Let's be rational! Oh no, this kid just punched his friend... Better hold him down, make sure he doesn't hurt anyone anymore, while his friend prepares to OJ Simpson this poor girl

THIS. Omg this. Wtf is going on!!!!

Thank god for Nanko. Hope she continues to remain cool.
InugirlzMay 13, 2016 8:56 PM
May 13, 2016 8:52 PM

Apr 2016
There are a lot of things I want to say about this episode!

First, I would like to address how good this episode was for developing mitsumune's character. They talked about his past, his brother, his nice dad, and his insane mom. It also did a good job of making the whole point of this series clear. Many people get mad at this seires, because the only consistently kept character is basically mitsumune and half the characters are basically pointless and don't do anything, but confuse you, but this blinds people to the true meaning. If you look at it Mayoiga is realy just about learning how to deal with your problems. Each of these characters (except for the pointless ones) has something in their past that made them want to go on the tour in the first place. It wasn't untill later that they noticed on the tour that they would have to deal with their problems in a whole lot more terrifying way. Their problems are represented by the monsters in the Village and in this episode we see the first sign of a character attempting to face their problems instead of running away from them, which is what they did when they got on the bus.

On the bad side there are a lot of things I wanted to learn in this episode that didn't or just barely got mentioned. First of all what the fuck happened to Jack. Looking back at other peoples comments in this forum it almost seems like everyone forgot about him. Did I miss some part of him dying or something? I wanted him to at least kill a few people to make it more dramatic before they forgot about him. Maybe he will appear later in the seires all like 'forgut mee fam? wel fuq u!' and just kills the entire cast or something. Also what the fuck with that ghost girl. If shes not a ghost, the hell is she? Maybe she is just denying it or something and that is her problem. It actually hints at something like that in the intro. in the beginning she is touching the sakura leaves which are supposed to represent death in japan and I think that symbolises her eventualy embracing her death. I don't know though just a theory.

Also, there were a few characters in this episode that I honestly don't think I saw since the first episode. Its like the creators were just looking back at that episode where they all introduce themselves and were like 'ho fuck we forgot bout henry and gerrald!' and just through them in there in this episode to make them somewhat relivant. I just want to know; did anybody else notice this or is it just me?
May 13, 2016 8:53 PM

Jan 2016
This is the show I look forward to every week, not Kanbaneri or Hero Acadamia
May 13, 2016 8:56 PM
Oct 2011
Sweet mother of God , the cliffhangar making me rage

FragOutFire said:
This is the show I look forward to every week, not Kanbaneri or Hero Acadamia

^ this.
YoKamisMay 13, 2016 9:06 PM
May 13, 2016 8:56 PM
Jun 2015
This show is bad, but it the only show that actually very good cliffhanger
May 13, 2016 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
this episode in a nutshell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

everyone gone full cultist status and the most seemly sane guy turns out to be a yandere
May 13, 2016 9:14 PM

Dec 2009
block1 said:
Hayato has gone full yandere it seems.

he has ahhh i love it tho
May 13, 2016 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Hayato is a piece of shit. Misaki actually gives Mitsumune good advice and he decideds he still needs to control him. Dude has problems. Mitsumune and Misaki actually grew on me a little in this episode.

Also Koharun got a little excited when she mentioned the end of the Tunnel so I wonder how much she actually knows...she's starting to be more suspicious in my book.

Nanko and Lion are fucking awesome.

Where the hell is JACK?!?!?!?! lol

I also have this weird Theory that Misaki is actually Tokimune...which would be CRAZY lol.

Oh and I guess that Cliffhanger...MOTHER F-
SoraSenpaiMay 13, 2016 9:22 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 13, 2016 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
I'm hoping i would get same result the next few episodes.
i maybe right nor wrong but I'm hoping what i think is true. aside from that its gonna be hard to look further.

without these clues, this mystery would be very hard to solve. I'm closing down my Mystery log book and watch the last 5 episodes.
May 13, 2016 9:35 PM

Dec 2015
lmao do they actually believe killing her will solve their own mental problems??? what a bunch of idiots. Props to Mitsumune for finally hitting that dick of a so called best friend.
May 13, 2016 9:41 PM
Feb 2016
katsu044 said:
this episode in a nutshell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

everyone gone full cultist status and the most seemly sane guy turns out to be a yandere

That's what I'm thinking about. +1
May 13, 2016 10:15 PM
Oct 2014
Spyderkilla said:
This show is bad, but it the only show that actually very good cliffhanger

this. The show has terrible dialogue and characters that drives me crazy..Everyone needs to get punched in the face except Misaki. Cliffhanger is the reason I'm interested in watching.
May 13, 2016 10:18 PM

Oct 2009
Hot damn! That Cliffhanger!!!
This shit's getting good xD

Good thing Mikage has a working brain and realized that they're having different hallucinations! :D
Good thing Lion and Nanko have working brains and woke up Mitsumune! :D :D

wat What is happening? I suddenly like Mitsumune and Masaki and I... I-I-I SHIP THEM!! O:/
But poor Mitsumune though, his reasons for running away is pretty understandable. ;___;

"You seduced Mitsumune" - Hayato
....ok we got a badass over here. I really think that Hayato is in love with Mitsumune now LOL

May 13, 2016 10:21 PM

Sep 2011
Jerkhov said:
Only a few of the important characters haven't had their backstories told yet, guessing they might start to be more shortened from now on, which is for the better.

Mitsumune's backstory reminds of something else in an anime, but I can't remember which one, with the parent still calling them their siblings name.

Have you ever seen or played the game "To The Moon"?
May 13, 2016 10:36 PM

Oct 2009
FragOutFire said:
Isaidlunch said:

Oh shit! ROFLMAO I was wondering why he was holding Mitsumune back while Hayato was gonna stab Masaki xD xD xD

May 13, 2016 10:38 PM

Jan 2013
well then Mitsumune just dropped a little from my instant death-wish list while Hayato just joined Mikage and Lovepon in the club...
the rest of the idiots should collectively drop and burn for being gullible annoying twats
Nanko and Lion are fine by me
May 13, 2016 10:41 PM

Dec 2014
Episode was much better than some of the previous but a lot of the cast still act really illogical and preemptively with little thought or contemplation.
They actually went on a witch hunt and everyone just willingly believed that Masaki was a ghost.

Hayato is obsessed with Mitsumunne, I suppose the fact that Mitsumunne needed someone appealed to him and now he's become obsessed with him. Going so far as to possible commit murder.

Mitsumunne backstory was pretty sad, Being forced to lose his own identity.

Very interested in what truth Masaki will reveal.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.