Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 2, 2017 5:22 AM

Nov 2007

Netflix Slate 2017, which was held at Tokyo International Forum on Wednesday, has announced several anime series to be streamed on Netflix during its conference.

Rilakkuma Series (Kari)

Rilakkuma Series (Kari) is a short ONA series to commemorate the franchise's 15th anniversary in 2018. It will have 10 episodes streamed via Netflix.

Lost Song
The previously announced anime (top-left visual) has revealed a special video and partial staff members on the event.

Staff
Original Work, Director, Script: Morita to Junpei (Occultic;Nine series composition and script)
Original Character Design: Tomonori Fukuda (Robotics;Notes)
Song Lyric: Aki Hata (Anne Happy♪ theme song lyric)
Music: Yuusuke Shirato (Centaur no Nayami ending theme song production)
Background Art: Deho Gallery
Studio: LIDENFILMS x Dwango

Special Video

Baki
Details regarding the previously announced anime adaptation of Baki (top-middle visual) have been announced. The anime will be having 26 episodes streamed on Netflix.

Devilman: Crybaby
The cast members for Devilman: Crybaby (top-right visual) have been announced. It will be streamed on Netflix for a total of 10 25-minute episodes.

Cast
Akira Fudou: Kouki Uchiyama (Sakurada Reset)
Ryou Asuka: Ayumu Murase (Shoukoku no Altair)

PV 2

Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya
It has been announced that a CG remake anime of Saint Saiya titled Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Saiya (bottom-left visual) will be streamed on Netflix. The series was only announced to have one cours for 12 episodes so far. It will animate from the Galaxian Wars arc to Silver Saint arc.

Staff
Director: Yoshiharu Ashino (D.Gray-man Hallow)
Story Editor & Head Writer: Eugene Son
Script: Benjamin Townsend, Shannon Eric Denton, Thomas F. Zahler, Joelle Sellner, Travis Donnelly, Thomas Pugsley, Saundra Hall, Shaene Siders, Patrick Rieger, and more
Character Design: Terumi Nishii (Mawaru Penguindrum)
Saint Costume Design: Takashi Okazaki (Afro Samurai mangaka)
Studio: Toei Animation

Sword Gai The Animation
It will be available on Netflix in Spring 2018. The mangaka Toshiki Inoue will join the anime staff as the one in-charge of the series composition and script.

A.I.C.O.: Incarnation
Bones has announced an original anime titled A.I.C.O.: Incarnation (bottom-middle visual), which is currently in production, to stream on Netflix in Spring 2018. Kazuya Murata (Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos) will be directing the series.

Synopsis
Set in the near future in Japan, year 2035. A major incident was known as "Burst" which was caused by researching artificial life. A certain AI called "Matter" has eroded the Kurobe Gorge. Entering the research city, which has been called as humanity's last hope, has been prohibited by the government. Two years later, Aiko Tachibana, a 15-year-old girl who lost her family from the incident, was told by a transfer student named Yuuya Kanzaki the truth that Aiko didn't know regarding a secret hidden within her body. The key to solve the mystery is said to be in the Primary Point, the center of Burst. When a boy and a girl, who bears the future of humanity, meet, what will be the new truth?

Special Video

B: The Beginning
Production I.G will animate and Kazuto Nakazawa (Utakata Hanabi) will co-direct the original suspense anime (bottom-right visual) with Yoshiki Yamakawa (Hatsukoi Limited.).

Staff
Director, Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Kazuto Nakazawa
Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa
Script: Katsuya Ishida (Hajime no Ippo: Rising)
Art Director: Takanori Tanaka (Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko: Everything Flows)
3DCG Director: Kenji Isobe (Kuroko no Basket: Last Game)

For the cast members, Main character Kurobane has been announced to be voiced by Yuki Kaji (Dive!!). There are also other cast members announced with no character names yet, including Hiroaki Hirota (Granblue Fantasy The Animation), Asami Seto (Selector Infected WIXOSS), Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Gamers!), Toshiyuki Morikawa (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children), Kaito Ishikawa (Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season), and Ami Koshimizu (Konbini Kareshi).

Source: Phile Web
tsubasaloverJan 18, 2018 4:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2017 5:35 AM

Apr 2017
>Science SARU + Yuasa + Terumi Nishii

The new PV of Devilman seem kinda LIT... !!

This will be perfect,Cause Netflix desire to picked it

-HippySnob-Aug 2, 2017 6:00 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 2, 2017 5:39 AM

Jul 2015
so Baki will have a 26 ep
hope they animate well the fight scenes
i really want a Martial Arts anime with a good modern animation
Aug 2, 2017 5:45 AM

Apr 2017
tragedydesu said:

Have you seen the prequel yet?

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 2, 2017 5:50 AM

Jul 2015
RnDNEET021 said:
tragedydesu said:

Have you seen the prequel yet?

i didnt watch it
i dont trust old animation
Aug 2, 2017 5:54 AM

Mar 2014
Disappointed Lost Song has no animation to show yet, LIDEN too...

A.I.C.O: Incarnation looks alrightish? Hope Kazuya Murata can make that work. Not as high quality as Gargantia on the looks but the style is similar and I dig that.
It does look more like Captain Earth-Bones than the Bones that has done recent stuff but I won't be totally pessimist about it.

It does look like Kazuto Nakazawa is making the designs for B: The Beginning along with directing so at least the character will look nice but I have no idea what he has to offer as a director.
Aug 2, 2017 5:57 AM

Dec 2015
Maybe interested by the original suspense series.

Yet another St Seiya thing... I wonder how Kurumada gave up on his series like this, he seemed to have such a firm grasp over his proprieties in the 2000s.
I bet this won't even have Furuya reprising the eponymous role.
@tsubasalover The hero's name is spelled "Seiya".
Also, using english for the "arcs" could be easier to understand. (Galaxian Wars, for example)
edit @sevenPocky I think you meant "silver saint" arc in your edit. ^^ (sorry if I 'm being an annoyance)
Rei_IIIAug 2, 2017 9:23 AM
Aug 2, 2017 6:01 AM

Apr 2015
anime remake of Saint Saiya

YES

CG

why?? ;-;
Aug 2, 2017 6:03 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Meh, out of all of these I guess I'll be looking forward to the suspense anime Production I.G will make.
Aug 2, 2017 6:03 AM

Feb 2010
Devilman just looks hype as fuck and Baki is something I personally love way too much not to get excited about. The rest just look like average seasonals, hit or miss stuff basically. But it's cool to have some more options and the Saint Seiya stuff is probably something I'll end up watching one way or the other.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 2, 2017 6:16 AM
May 2016
I think A.I.C.A is the series that interests me the most. my only problem is that the director, Kazuya Murata, is the director of Gargantia, which was a series I really didn't like, though I think it was more the writing than the directing that I had a problem with.
Aug 2, 2017 6:25 AM
Mar 2010
Wow, looks like Netflix is series about this. Guess the previous few anime did well for them. All of their titles look interesting to me except Lost Song, but that's just my preferences.

The Bones anime and IG anime really look good, plus Devilman.If this means moregood dark anime actually making money rather than bombing in disc sales and not having any fujoshi or otaku backing to buy merch, this is good. If they make money and Bones and IG make more of Joker Game, Psycho Pass type shows, I'm glad.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 2, 2017 6:30 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
A.I.C.A. seems alright, looks good but might end up being meh, im also still triggered by the ending of Kado (since they share the same director) .-.

Hyped af for Devilman and im interested to see whats up with B: The Beginning and Sword Gai.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 2, 2017 6:34 AM

Jun 2008
And i'm pretty sure none of these will be available in my country.
Aug 2, 2017 6:46 AM

Apr 2016
So... another of those anime shows for which someone must make subs ? Thanks Netflix.
Aug 2, 2017 6:48 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Swagernator said:
So... another of those anime shows for which someone must make subs ? Thanks Netflix.

Most (if not all) of them arent even going to air in TV in Japan, they will be released in one go for everyone on Netflix only. (Japan included)

Aug 2, 2017 6:52 AM

Apr 2016
DatRandomDude said:
Most (if not all) of them arent even going to air in TV in Japan, they will be released in one go for everyone on Netflix only. (Japan included)

Oh well then pretend i said nothing... I was thinking it will be same case as Fate/Apo.

My bad.
Aug 2, 2017 6:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Inb4 Netflix keeps these exclusively and the entire world has to wait until they release all the episodes at once
Aug 2, 2017 7:02 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Tokoya said:
Inb4 Netflix keeps these exclusively and the entire world has to wait until they release all the episodes at once

... well, thats literally what they are doing. and its ok if we wait since they dont even air in japanese TV so everyone is equal with these, Japan included.

Aug 2, 2017 7:07 AM

Mar 2014
That's good to hear...
Aug 2, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
List of anime to watch illegally

A.I.C.O.: Incarnation has my interest the most. I hope Bones will make this into a memorable show. Hope to see a Lost Song animated PV soon.
Aug 2, 2017 7:26 AM

Jun 2013
I just hope they do not make a shit story for Saint Seiya like the last movie.
Aug 2, 2017 7:33 AM

Apr 2011
They look pretty interesting. All of them, I mean. Hopefully, the quality of the anime will live up to the quality of the promo art.
Aug 2, 2017 7:34 AM

Nov 2015
You forget this anime from studio Satleight (which is a Japanese studio). Japan = Anime. I mean you have shelter on MAL. -_-

http://www.cannonbusters.com/studio-satleight-to-produce-cannon-busters-animated-pilot/

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/6r34l4/cannon_busters_announced_for_12_episodes_by/
Old_School_AkiraAug 2, 2017 7:38 AM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Aug 2, 2017 7:37 AM

Mar 2012
Devilman anime looks hyped!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Aug 2, 2017 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
mehmehperson said:
You forget this anime from studio Satleight (which is a Japanese studio). Japan = Anime. I mean you have shelter on MAL. -_-

http://www.cannonbusters.com/studio-satleight-to-produce-cannon-busters-animated-pilot/

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/6r34l4/cannon_busters_announced_for_12_episodes_by/
I'm aware of this, but I didn't include it to the list because I'm not sure if this considers "anime" or "cartoon" even though Japanese studio Satelight is involved.

Shelter is on MAL, but we didn't report it because I'm not sure if it's newsworthy. Adding the db is decided upon anime moderators, not us news moderators.
tsubasaloverAug 2, 2017 8:04 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2, 2017 8:14 AM

May 2012
A.I.C.O.: Incarnation looks good
Aug 2, 2017 8:16 AM

Feb 2013
Just approve the Baki anime already, I've been waiting for a couple of months to add it to my PTW list.
Aug 2, 2017 9:07 AM

Aug 2011
Netflix really needs to get on with simulcasting anime its annoying to have to wait till it finishes airing
Aug 2, 2017 9:07 AM

Aug 2008
Are all these going to air weekly and at least 1 cour?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 2, 2017 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Devilman is hype. Finally an adaptation of some Go Nagai stuff.
Aug 2, 2017 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm well RIP I guess depending on the time it takes for subs maybe? I dunno. But then again I'm looking forward to these for the most part as far as the list goes except for few, that I need to check prior entries I guess.
Aug 2, 2017 9:52 AM

Jul 2015
Devilman looks amazing

Netflix, plz fund a Holyland, or The Breaker one day lol

Mod edit: Combined double posts
ArdanazAug 3, 2017 2:49 AM
Sup...
Aug 2, 2017 10:10 AM

Aug 2016
I don´t know any of them, any worth to watch?
Aug 2, 2017 10:26 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Interested in most of these, espeicially Devilman, Baki, A.I.C.O, and Sword Gai.
Aug 2, 2017 11:04 AM
Oct 2013
After the Baki series, I can die in peace.
Just an average anime fan.
Aug 2, 2017 11:28 AM

Jan 2012
So hyped for Devilman and B: The Beginning. I hope Yuasa won't use much Flash, but I believe in him anyway, he never disappointed me before. B seems like one-man project from Kazuto Nakazawa and I really like his design and animation works, so it's a must watch for me.

Also a little dissapointed about BONES original. It looks mediocre, like it's nothing special. But we'll see.
Aug 2, 2017 11:56 AM
Oct 2012
Mostly hyped for Saint Seiya, Baki and last but not least DEVILMAN CRYBABY! A bit worried it is only 10 episodes, hopefully that just means it will have more seasons.
Aug 2, 2017 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
wtf why no more magi adventure of sinbad... so disappoint.
Aug 2, 2017 12:30 PM

Jul 2017
OH YEAH NEW BAKI!!!

Aug 2, 2017 1:02 PM

Jan 2009
im interested on Sword Gai and Saint Seiya remake
Aug 2, 2017 1:06 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
"CG remake anime of Saint Seiya" That CG part killed all expectations for that remake

Aug 2, 2017 1:15 PM

Nov 2009
Saint Seiya... remake?
why every time they announce something related to Saint Seiya I feel instantly worried instead of happy?
Aug 2, 2017 1:32 PM

Jan 2009
that AICO Incarnation anime got a similar vibe with Akira with all those growing body parts/organs
Aug 2, 2017 1:41 PM

Mar 2009
Netflix and Amazon are taking over lately.
Aug 2, 2017 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
Mormegil said:
Netflix and Amazon are taking over lately.
And when they make something or have it exclusively it turns out to be far more ambitious than CR

I welcome them with open arms and more anime fans should as well
Aug 2, 2017 2:21 PM

May 2015
Two remakes of my favorite old school anime

Baki and Saint Seiya

WOOOOOOOOOOOO
"Because people don't have wings.. We look for ways to fly."
Aug 2, 2017 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
Saint Seiya just got knifed but everything else looks phat.
Aug 2, 2017 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
Devilman looks great, and I'm excited for the new Bones anime as well as the Baki show too!
Please don't disappoint me...
Aug 2, 2017 2:38 PM

May 2012
To you need to watch old Baki series before watching this one ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets Second Anime Season

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

17 by tragedydesu »»
56 minutes ago

» Bones Produces 'Gachiakuta' TV Anime Adaptation for 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

20 by Haneken2086 »»
2 hours ago

» 'NEET Kunoichi to Nazeka Dousei Hajimemashita' Announces Additional Cast for Winter 2025

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
3 hours ago

» Studio Bind Adapts 'Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

43 by Ionliosite2 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Sengoku Youko: Senma Konton-hen' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Character Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by ryoko6 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.