Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ACCA 13-Territory Inspection Department
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 12, 2017 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
Very unusual show. I hope it'll be good.
Jan 12, 2017 7:31 PM
Jul 2016
Liked the show so far wanna know where this goes also wonder if jean might have a thing for miss major lol forgot her name cause the opening kinda shows them about to kiss but whispers in his ear lol.
Jan 12, 2017 8:04 PM

Apr 2009
GangsterCat said:
this is as interesting and as boring as joker game. big plus that the manga is completed so this might be full adaptation. gonna watch this to pass the time since tuesday anime are all garbage

I definitely was reminded of Joker Game as well! I am going to stick with this show because the art style is very attractive but it was quite dull plot-wise. Hopefully it'll get interesting!
Jan 12, 2017 8:45 PM

Feb 2010
It was quite uneventful but it was a pretty decent episode. A lot of exposition and an overview of the characters before anything happens, which clearly something is going to happen. I can't say how I feel about it since it is only the first episode but so far, like a lot of people are saying, there really isn't an attention grabbing plot or none of the characters in particular grab my attention. Visually, it is quite unique and I quite like the art.

It gives a very chill, relaxed, nonchalant vibe and I'm unsure of what it will progress into, but I'll keep watching to find out. I quite like how different it is from 'mainstream' or popular shows where one aspect of an anime really reels people in. I think there's something special about a series slowly developing the characters and revealing the story line instead of going in with these expectations and having them basically dictate the entire watching experience. I will say though as a first episode, it is a bit weak. After watching it, I can't help but feel like a lot was missing, but at the same time this does seem to be the kind of show that takes a lot of time to progress

The question is, will this show progress in time and show potential? Or...will it deliver more than we expect? Is it as dull as it appears at first glance?
I have high hopes and the mystery behind the plot and characters really does convince me this show has a lot of potential.
Jan 12, 2017 10:31 PM

Jul 2007
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Fai said:

I am not sure what definition of fantasy you are using but that is EXACTLY the definition of fantasy. A story being set in an imaginary world

Literally the only need for fantasy genre is for the setting to be NOT our world.

What you are thinking of is high fantasy.

By that definition almost every fictional story is fantasy which renders the term itself meaningless.

All fictional stories set in imaginary unreal worlds or alternate version of our worlds are fantasy genre.
Unless it is specifically based on science fiction concepts making it science fiction.
Jan 12, 2017 11:44 PM

Jul 2012
It's like Joker Game but a bit less intense, more relaxing. I mean this in a good way.

I really enjoyed it. Hearing Shimono Hiro use that voice is very rare because he's usually screaming in his roles, such as Syo or he sounds childish the rest of the time, like in Tonari no Seki-kun. And then Suwabe with his rich chocolatey voice, Yusa with his sly voice, and Waccha!!

The artstyle is very unique, I like it.

OP/ED are solid and one of my favourites this season already.
Jan 13, 2017 12:32 AM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

By that definition almost every fictional story is fantasy which renders the term itself meaningless.

All fictional stories set in imaginary unreal worlds or alternate version of our worlds are fantasy genre.
Unless it is specifically based on science fiction concepts making it science fiction.
Fai said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

So, even though thus far there have been zero fantasy elements by your definition it is still fantasy genre because it happens to take place in a fictional country?
Jan 13, 2017 12:59 AM

Jul 2014
Those cake eating chicks seemed way out of place and that hater dude has the potential of being hella annoying if he get an extended role.

Overall it seems interesting enough to watch more we'll see.
Jan 13, 2017 1:25 AM

Jul 2007
Mayuka said:
It's like Joker Game b

Except that it is nothing like it?
Literally dont get the comparison. Beyond having adult cast, both shows have different aesthetic, different focus, different setting, different approach to storytelling(Joker' Game was episodic and this is very clearly not)

Red_Ranger_Wien said:

So, even though thus far there have been zero fantasy elements by your definition it is still fantasy genre because it happens to take place in a fictional country?

A fictional country in a fictional world run by fictional monarchy IS fantasy elements. You are yet again confusing it with "high fantasy" elements(elves, magic, different rules of physics or reality, etc)
Jan 13, 2017 10:07 AM
Aug 2011
Yeah why is everyone dooming a show so early on by comparing it to Joker Game? (Which ended up being quite garbage.)

I'm not sure what I was expecting from this or even if i'll manage to keep up with this weekly, but for now i'll say that I love the visuals.
The character design was the reason why I picked this up in the first place.
Jan 13, 2017 1:04 PM

Jul 2012
Fai said:
Mayuka said:
It's like Joker Game b

Except that it is nothing like it?
Literally dont get the comparison. Beyond having adult cast, both shows have different aesthetic, different focus, different setting, different approach to storytelling(Joker' Game was episodic and this is very clearly not)
The feeling is similar. I watched it with 5 people and they said the same exact thing. It's about politics. And also Shimono Hiro. But yes, it's different overall.
Jan 13, 2017 8:03 PM

Jul 2014
Nice OP.

I like the pace and how the characters interact with each other.
Jan 14, 2017 3:53 PM

Apr 2014
Meh, another casual weeb series that's trying not to look like one having a smoker MC. Dropped

Expected more from you, Madhouse
themanualreader@proton.me
Jan 15, 2017 1:00 AM

Jun 2015
Kind of got bored during the episode. Nothing really stood out and nothing really happened, but it is a first episode. I hope this builds up to something good though xD
Jan 15, 2017 3:00 AM

Jan 2011
Not exactly hooked, but it was a pleasant enough watch.
Jan 15, 2017 3:50 AM

Nov 2012
i guess it will get more interesting later on, but at least this episode wasn't really my thing. i'm digging the OP though.
Jan 15, 2017 7:40 AM

Apr 2013
In the end it did interest me, so far okay?
Jan 15, 2017 6:45 PM

Dec 2014
pretty interesting so far...let's see how it all follows through
Jan 16, 2017 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
6.97, but I guess that's MAL for you.
Jan 17, 2017 10:16 AM

Jan 2016
great discussion, loved reading

the smoking and sweets is a huge turnoff but i am interested, the style is another unique one and.... yeah

Jan 17, 2017 10:17 AM

Nov 2012
That was more interesting than expected. I like Jean (though his and his sister's character designs look kind of strange) and one of those higher-ups seems mysterious. I wonder what reason he has to be monitoring him.
I thought all the inspectors got paid a lot, but apparently it's only Jean that can afford to live in the center of the city and smoke all the time; I wonder how he is so rich. And is someone really trying to overthrow the government?
Jan 17, 2017 2:45 PM

May 2009
Koybz said:
6.97, but I guess that's MAL for you.

MAL ratings are fucking joke. To hell with all prejudiced morons.
Jan 20, 2017 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
This show of Madhouse really got me sleepy...so this is about tobacco & corruption & politics?
3/5.

Jan 20, 2017 8:50 PM
Mar 2012
awesome OP rap, ED nice sketch ballerina.
Expected 91days/gangsta, instead got cakes & lots of gov infodump. One of the slowest, boring ep1 in ~30 seasonals I've tried. Dry exposition can be spread out with events happening later. No need to rush a dump. It's lacking the tenseness or mood that I find in those 2 shows.
Mc looks cool & likeable, some other designs eww weird, not as edgy as the terrible promo image, but all nope to old blond guy with fancy hair. Feels more attention seeking in a worse way than Alderamin. thx madhouse.
Nice to see NYC style city & subway entrances.
Jan 22, 2017 9:01 AM

Feb 2013
Not exciting.

This kind of show needs suspense and twists to be interesting. It had neither.

1/5, 2/10, dropped.
Feb 10, 2017 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
He was smoking all the fckin time, like chill dude! Quite edgy character design.
Feb 20, 2017 2:35 AM

Jun 2013
OP song is my fave so far from all the series this winter 2017. It's very nostalgic, it reminds me of 90s anime.

Aside from Jean, the other names sound pretty stupid like Pochard and Grossular. It only sounds good when it's for a duck and a mineral. On people, ugh. It doesn't have the same effect they do in Sailor Moon where the baddies are named after minerals.

The character designs range from cool to plain and generic. There's a lot of potential but it might just be wishful thinking on my part. I wonder why people make a big deal of the MC smoking. MC's personality is also kind of generic, how many times have we seen those kuudere MCs who doesn't give a shit what happens but somehow still does their job as the MC of the series.

Still, the story itself isn't that engaging. I hope something more interesting happens.
臭い-
Mar 16, 2017 1:34 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome OP song.

Pretty good episode. Jean reminds me of a certain OP character. Awesome cast.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 29, 2017 3:15 AM

Jul 2014
This is generally not my kind of anime (started it on a whim out of curiosity) but I'm enjoying it so far. Its pretty chill but really intriguing at the same time. Also, I can't say I'm a fan of the character design... though I can't deny that it suits the vibe of this show.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Mar 31, 2017 2:59 PM

May 2010
On one hand I like the atmosphere and character designs, also the characters seem interesting. On another hand... I am having a hard time following the whole plot 'cause its kinda dry and not really my taste. I wanna stick with it tho.. Will watch it slowly I guess.

Also someone burn that annoying mid-length hair jealous blond guy's hair. Hate.
TragicRomanceMar 31, 2017 3:04 PM
Apr 7, 2017 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
Are they tying to promote smoking or something? Pretty much the only thing came to my mind this episode.
Apr 17, 2017 7:17 AM

May 2012
Quite the different kind of anime than what I was expecting, but in general it does have an unique atmosphere and pacing around it. Let's se what this anime actually has to offer for a story though!
Apr 24, 2017 5:14 AM

Mar 2015
Great start, I like how we just jumped straight into things, and from the way it looks we can safely assume we'll learn more as we go along.

So far all the girls are really pretty!

I like the false sense of security too. Like something big is about to happen.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 1, 2017 9:29 AM

Oct 2012
I guess Jean is suspected of starting a Coup d'état now?
Just because he liked to bring lighter?

This is the calm before the storm
I like it, I'm looking forward to what'll happen xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 19, 2017 11:11 AM

Jan 2017
Now this is a sight to see. This is somehow so relaxing, thou having that heavy coup d'etat plot.

The food looks so good, so much detail. I really like Jean :3

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Mar 9, 2018 5:15 PM
Jul 2015
I'll give it another episode but, I don't know why I should care about any of these people so far.
May 9, 2018 1:03 AM

Aug 2017
Interesting introduction. The world-building shown is appropriate. Our MC is suspected to be in a coup d'état? Mmm. Let's see what kind of story is preparing for us. That cop stalker is annoying. I want him dead! 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 18, 2018 2:06 PM

Nov 2014
Catchy OP, really liked it

As for the story, mystery wrapped in coup d'etat is my main interest in this series, i really curious where this series'll be going.

Well, Obviously the MC already pique my interest along with some of character so far,i think this series elaborate them pretty well along with their chemistry toward each other, I expected a great plot twist towards the end of series :D

#i sense his cigarettes played a big role in this story
r16fourarmDec 18, 2018 2:38 PM
Dec 25, 2018 4:56 AM
Oct 2018
People like that OP? It sounded like the kind of embarrassing generic-white-rapper shit from cheesy 90s cartoons (or bad English-dub openings, like iirc the rap from the Canadian version of DBZ) , or or that 'Reeses puffs' commercial cringe-rap from rhe Idubbbz meme.

Even if you like that kind of music, it totally doesn't suit a series thats meant to be a mature, stylish political drama. The ED is far more appropriate (its pretty forgettable tbh- but at least its not completely cringe-inducing and glaringly out of place)
Jan 28, 2019 6:12 AM

Dec 2016
Really enjoyed the feel of the first episode, and if this show can pull the mystery off right I think it will turn out pretty well
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 27, 2019 8:14 AM
Apr 2016
The opening is really awesome, I'm a big fan of it. The first episode was really complex, a lot happen. Jean has a really cool character design, with the smoke, he's really awesome. The artstyle & animation is really comfortable and good too. Good first episode.
May 28, 2019 4:31 AM

Mar 2009
Love the style of the whole show, love the OP. Jean has a character design that is just really pleasant to watch in general.
Dec 2, 2019 9:23 AM

Jan 2019
It's kind of interesting that the main character is investigation government corruption while peddling catalogues to other government employees (i.e., trying to get them to buy stuff). That seems like it could also be a form of corruption. A- relatively more minor form, but it still seems inappropriate for the guy investigating it.
Aug 2, 2020 10:07 PM
Aug 2020
I'm not really sure what to think of it yet, but i love the style and the VAs. It did feel like the episode went on forever, but I think it's because I don't really understand it yet? Like everything will slowly unravel and I'll catch on.
Feb 13, 2021 10:19 PM

Apr 2015
Jean seems very smart and his recent corruption uncovering seems to have pissed off some higher ups. this will be interesting.
OberonFelsachFeb 13, 2021 10:31 PM
May 23, 2021 8:22 PM

Aug 2011
All the desserts they get look so yum! and now I understand why this art style seems familiar. I've read this manga author's BL work lol
desu desu binches
Oct 27, 2022 1:49 AM

Sep 2017
sleepy episode. no setups or anything

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 16, 2022 5:28 AM
Dec 2017
Slow moving pace, a few sub mysteries like the price of cigarettes and protagonist's origin. I'll give it another few episodes to bed in before I decide if there's something there.
Feb 5, 2023 8:14 AM
Jan 2023
Banger opening

[Character limit]
Apr 2, 2023 1:12 PM
Nov 2021
Bastante interessante, parece ser bem inteligente.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2017

57 by chillvyb »»
May 16, 7:38 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2017

89 by fast2611 »»
Feb 1, 3:11 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2017

74 by milk_bun »»
Oct 24, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2017

116 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 4:50 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

143 by Netbug »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.